Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually (17740 Views)

AAU Ekpoma Course Registration Deadline For Second Semester Of 2018/2019 Session / 10 Things You Need To Know About The Prolonged First Semester In Unilorin / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by luminouz(m): 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Emmamay10:
The postgraduate students are not captured in this circular.what happened?

You are captured, bro!!

Just goan get enough money for data

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by paul100(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
I hope say they go buy data for everybody ooo.UI know be Babcock ooo.Hmmmmm,this session result will be brutal.
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by AreaFada2: 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Did I Just read that last academic session (2019/2020) has been forfeited, null and void?
And it does not seem to warrant much comment from people? shocked

Maybe losing a whole session due to strike or other reasons I don't know is normal in 9ja.

Education is cheap though. I cannot imagine paying anything from £9,000 or £45,000 a session in UK to USA depending on country, course and residency status and then no whimper about losing it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Favemmzar200(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
SavageMaster:

Righteousness89 has abandoned Nairaland for him. Lol
na true cos na him and righteous dey hussle d space

BTW righteous don get new account
Righteousness02
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by mountmoriah(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
paulolee:
wow...dts a nice improvement....they are going the online way and its recommendable, thats if yahoo and other social vices go allow students focus on lectures..
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hambivert:
I sparogatively understand from this news that all students in UI now have a Natural Extra Year that they can do nothing about.

This would be a sparogatively sad and disheartening news for those students who would have graduated from the university as old men, now they would be graduating as older men!
I'm sad to sparogatively say that your comment is nothing but the sparogative truth.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by THANDS619: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
have the new students started paying school fees?
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Ayo2004: 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
What of the people that wrote waec last year?when are they going to enter?
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Vikkygeee: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
Coronavirus84:
Virtual lecture no concern me at all because I might be distracted easily by checking my friends on the computer to see who and who is on with us. The school fees I paid is for one on one with the lecturer so I can easily understand what is thought.#Saynotovirtuallearning
Stay home and waste your parents money na,you'll start again in the coming years
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by edoairways: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I don't see a future in this for now. I see many students from rural areas with poor Network complaining bitterly. I see the ones who can't Afford to get an Android phone complaining as well. I see this idea crumble before the end of this year.
That is not an excuse
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by edoairways: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ayo2004:
They might merge them together
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by niyidenrele: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
crowther15:
Personally, I'm not surprised with the news. The only people I will pity is the lecturers, many of them don't know how to do simple online teaching. You mean those Lecturer that do bring old notes to the class, so this pple will be the one to teach virtually. Now lemme inform you, the only school that can successfully execute this is UNILORIN. The staffs of UNILORIN have been teaching virtually as far back as 2016 that I'm aware of, it may be longer than that though. And the students too have been positioned to be taken classes online , you watch videos and download notes with internet for everyone with ur password.
Imagine, and all them , have an active department of computer science in their respective faculties, the questions is , what have they now been teaching the students, when the department of computer science can not boast of lecturing virtually, SMH

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by TheNoble007(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
This is a good idea, since the federal government has imposed certain policies. Albeit, I will encourage the Lecturers and professors to record their lectures or rather send the soft copies of each lecture to the email address of the students. This will help students who may have bad network or do not have data or adequate device. They can just download the lectures afterwards.

The problem is would Nigerian professors do this?... Would they copy the handiwork of their foreign counterparts?. I just wonder how students will cope. Even here in America, not all students are exposed to the luxury of having constant internet and laptop....

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Lewisdinho(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
False prophet keeps seeing, when will he see something about Buhari.
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by izubext007: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
how much data would they subscribe?
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by JaneYave(f): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Emmamay10:
The postgraduate students are not captured in this circular.what happened?
Good question!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Honeylaz(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ayo2004:
can't you read and understand? those who wrote Waec/jamb last year will resume next year, which is 2021/2020 academy session
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Honeylaz(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
[quote author=Honeylaz post=98094114] can't you read and understand? those who wrote Waec/jamb last year would resume next year, which is 2021/2022 academy session
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by orlahtohbadt(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
crowther15:
Personally, I'm not surprised with the news. The only people I will pity is the lecturers, many of them don't know how to do simple online teaching. You mean those Lecturer that do bring old notes to the class, so this pple will be the one to teach virtually. Now lemme inform you, the only school that can successfully execute this is UNILORIN. The staffs of UNILORIN have been teaching virtually as far back as 2016 that I'm aware of, it may be longer than that though. And the students too have been positioned to be taken classes online , you watch videos and download notes with internet for everyone with ur password.
Why don't you want to be subjective? You know about Unilorin because you probably are an alumnus or something but don't make conclusions about another university you really do not know of. University of Ibadan has an online and distance learning centre and they follow the same course outline with the regular mode as well as the fact that they follow the same calendar. So you see there will be minimal issues although we all agree that it will not be 100 percent but at least to remedy lost times. If you see well, you'd notice it said for the first semester for now, so going virtual for one semester wouldn't even kill.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by crowther15(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
niyidenrele:

Imagine, and all them , have an active department of computer science in their respective faculties, the questions is , what have they now been teaching the students, when the department of computer science can not boast of lecturing virtually, SMH
That is why the whole country needs overhauling. It was faculty Computer of Information Science that started virtual classes in UNILORIN, and they also provide enabling environment for other faculty. Even as I speaks right now, the school had started their academic calendar year virtually and everyone is available. I think our problem are those professors who don't believe in technology and they are many in our higher institutions in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by ejimatic: 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
oshozondii:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/01/15/ui-to-hold-first-semester-of-2020-2021-academic-session-virtually/
Thoughtless council and academic board.How will common men"s children benefit from this?will they come and write test and exam in school? Meaningless calendar.
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by pegix(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
crowther15:
no lies

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by crowther15(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
orlahtohbadt:
Why don't you want to be subjective? You know about Unilorin because you probably are an alumnus or something but don't make conclusions about another university you really do not know of. University of Ibadan has an online and distance learning centre and they follow the same course outline with the regular mode as well as the fact that they follow the same calendar. So you see there will be minimal issues although we all agree that it will not be 100 percent but at least to remedy lost times. If you see well, you'd notice it said for the first semester for now, so going virtual for one semester wouldn't even kill.
You're very correct my brother. Mind you, those distant learning students you're talking about always struggle for classes on campus I mean inside UI. Based on what I noticed in 2015 or so, distant learning students don't do virtual class but physical. I knew few of them then. They do go classes like day students.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by popefuse(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
i trust my formal sch during lecture time sef dem no0 dey attend lecture let alone dey will stay online 4 lecture

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by orlahtohbadt(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
crowther15:

You're very correct my brother. Mind you, those distant learning students you're talking about always struggle for classes on campus I mean inside UI. Based on what I noticed in 2015 or so, distant learning students don't do virtual class but physical. I knew few of them then. They do go classes like day students.
That's true, they are only leveraging on the fact that they share the same course outline. They actually have online resources like course manuals, videos and Google classroom. You know it's not easy getting data subscription to do all these, so they prefer going for tutorials or attending lectures with people in the face to face mode to using their online resources. Some combine both of this and its even an advantage for them.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Flier: 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
The federal government should not allow this to happen
They should provide an enabling environment for student to avoid covid rather than this nonsense,private universities are in school without any cases of covid
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Ayo2004: 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
Honeylaz:
can't you read and understand? those who wrote Waec/jamb last year will resume next year, which is 2021/2020 academy session
So next year is 2020/2021 session for someone telling me to read and understand,u sure talk like a fool

Radarada!

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by Coinbased: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
hmmm
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by NoonMasamune: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
if this is true, then the school has to waive things like gym fees, lab fees and the rest
Re: University Of Ibadan To Hold First Semester Of 2020/2021 Session Virtually by gudugudumeje: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
SEE what the narrcsist immediate past VC, A.I.Olayinka reduced the university to. Failing to manage students' crises well during his tenure when he egoisticaly shuts the campus down many times unreasonably...until COVID-19 wallops Ul. What a very poor time management? Stupid UI it is now... Stupid!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Anxiety As ASUU, FG Teams Meet Secretly / 200 UNILAG Law Students Barred From Writing Exam Over Class Attendance / 16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.