Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. (1287 Views)

SSANU: Strike Looms In Universities As FG Fails April Deadline Agreement / NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS / NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have been reading through the threats of these unions(nasu and ssanu) to ground down the universities if the federal government fails to meet their demands.
My question is, can their strike affect resumption?who are the members of ssanu?.
Please I need answers to these.Thanks
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by SirWarlock: 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Youngzero2:
I have been reading through the threats of these unions(nasu and ssanu) to ground down the universities if the federal government fails to meet their demands.
My question is, can their strike affect resumption?who are the members of ssanu?.
Please I need answers to these.Thanks
I think if both are involved then yes it will affect resumption cos NASU can start shutting classrooms. So many hurdles grin
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
SirWarlock:
I think if both are involved then yes it will affect resumption cos NASU can start shutting classrooms. So many hurdles grin
Can't the control of the lecture halls opening and closure be handled by anybody.Should that be a problem?
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by SirWarlock: 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Youngzero2:

Can't the control of the lecture halls opening and closure be handled by anybody.Should that be a problem?
Apparently not grin. Everybody is contributing something. I mean they need to have some form of leverage on the government.
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by MikeBetty(m): 6:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Yes. The university security guards are members of NASU. Tell me what happens when they lock school gate and remain at home. Store keepers are nasu members, that means no stationeries, porters will lock hostels and you know what it means. Registrar's office will not open, library will be under lock. Students affair office staffers will not work. Admission offices will not open. My dear the university will be shadow of itself without these people.
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Bossontop(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2021
They have the power to even shut school gates, classrooms, cut off electricity, water, stop cleaners etc......so yes school no go resume oo.......as students are not around they could even shut the hostel doors

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by projectreserve2: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2021
So serious
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by StreetPreacher: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2021
NASU alone is more powerful than ASUU. NASU can shut the gates and prevent entry, off light, shut laboratories, etc . ASUU can only decide not to show up in school
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
It seems the greatest weapon these unions can utilize is the closure of lecture halls,and entrances.
Isn't it possible to replace the keys to these entrances and hand over the responsibility to anybody thus obviating the need for these unions?. lectures still held during the previous strike: though smooth running of the school activities were difficult,the effects of their strike was not severe.
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by sinkhole: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
MikeBetty:
Yes. The university security guards are members of NASU. Tell me what happens when they lock school gate and remain at home. Store keepers are nasu members, that means no stationeries, porters will lock hostels and you know what it means. Registrar's office will not open, library will be under lock. Students affair office staffers will not work. Admission offices will not open. My dear the university will be shadow of itself without these people.
We usually take things too far in this country: keys to main-gate, hostels or wherever is not the property of any individual but of the government if the human beings wish to withdraw their services, that is very fine but they should not abduct and confiscate public/government properties too.
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by sinkhole: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Youngzero2:
It seems the greatest weapon these unions can utilize is the closure of lecture halls,and entrances.
Isn't it possible to replace the keys to these entrances and hand over the responsibility to anybody thus obviating the need for these unions?. lectures still held during the previous strike: though smooth running of the school activities were difficult,the effects of their strike was not severe.
Government should arrest anybody that carry government property home or unlawfully barricade others from accessing public utilities.
Services could be withdrawn by these unions but public properties can not be held back by them!
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
This is a big problem then.
BTW I don't even know whether the government has met the demands of ASUU to avoid future strikes.
So many obstacles to resumption now
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Unclesmart12: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
NASU can shut nothing, the worst is they won't come to work and student and lecturers do some things themselves.

The last time they went on strike my school hired part time workers, and man o-war organized some students to clean the environment, pump water etc.
Na ASUU get the real power
Re: Effect Of Nasu,ssanu Strike On Resumption Date. by Youngzero2(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
I think so too

(1) (Reply)

Does Sweat Re-enter Our Body After Sweating Stops? See What Really Happens / Edulethics..........scholarships In Edtech. / A New Way Of Transmitting Hiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.