Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,888 members, 7,824,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? (17496 Views)

Will My Single Letter Middle Name Affect Me? / Does Someone Need A Court Judgement To Dissolve Their Marriage? / Can A Person's Name Affect His/her Personality? See Correct Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Yeyenairaland(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kriss216:
I think so.

I once had a girlfriend called “Yemisi”, that girl’s head game is awesome.

Yemisi, wherever you are right now, God will bless you abundantly for me.

grin grin grin grin
U really need to visit Yaba left
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by vincentjk(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Once named my dog Kimbo slice

Like you needed to see how strong and a fighter that dog was, rip buddy
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by AntichristXXX: 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
Don't know. But your date of birth can affect you.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
When you name your child JOB, please what do you expect the child's life to be like? Smooth? HARDLY!!!

Or you name a child PATIENCE, she go hear am grin grin grin na only her go endure soteeh she go change the name by herself.

I've seen some people change such names as they grow up because they feel it affects them.

But sincerely I never see who answer JOB and everything just stew for am...

grin grin grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by pacespot(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maybe in Africa, but in advanced countries, some people name their children, Bush, Gates, Rock, Steel, Tiger, Stone, and these are hugely successful people. Everything counts as much in Africa because of their barbaric mentality

4 Likes

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Skmoda36067: 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12998245_2343015_pngbaad580dc7c59ab11f43c27ac4ac2b5f Nairaland alternative to bad. Everybody can moderate on the site
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by HustlerGurl(f): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
People that bear ujunnwa should change that fucking name mehn.its a bullshit name
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Ajike2(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
It has no effect whatsoever, I believe however that circumstances of birth cum upbringing and environment has a way of shaping the personality of an individual not name. grin cheesy.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by leksy07(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Names has no effect on humans,, whatever happens to you is not because of your name. I have seen people with bad names that are much successful than ones with good names. Name is just for identification
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by kalu61(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
l don't believe it one bit. When people fail in life or it thinks goes south, they look for an excuse.

If name affects one, we hear whites answer all manners of names too
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Ajike2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
It has no effect whatsoever, I believe however that circumstances of birth cum upbringing and environment has a way of shaping the personality of an individual not name. grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Moneywirer: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
AntichristXXX:
Don't know. But your date of birth can affect you.

How so??
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by alizma: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
If you are a Christian, you will agree with me that it is written that the power of life and death lies in the tongue. That being said, every name is an expression of some feelings or something as well as a declaration therefore I have no doubt that someone's name affects him or her.
Except something is wrong I don't see reason why someone called Emmanuel should lack in anything because in every passing day, many people are by his appearance or for the need of his presence, made to declare the statement, God with us(Emmanuel).

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by SILENTandSMART2: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yes it affect person way of life

Their is one man he allow people to be calling him " enuki ni hun lowo waa '

If i translate it to english directly it means " money is located in the mouth of a Lion " i cant translate it like that because an idiom is not translated directly

So it means "money is hard to get and we must get it by all means " dat slogan is what really push the guy everywhere ge goes , cus he talk about money everytime and vow to get it by all means , he's a street nígga he belongs to the street wink

That's what everybody calls him , on dat amazing day nah so few notes of money fell down on the road it a busy road, naso so his niggas hailing him " enu kini hun" enu kini hun " go for dat bottles so dat we can have more alcohol to drink ,

He stood up aiming to the road , he probably didn't calculate it very well as he's picking the money naso one trailer knocked him down, so sad undecided , it not a cooked up story it happens even the radio station have it on their timeline ,advising people on effect of bad names, so be careful of the name people calls you cus it is the one dat will be motivating you every time

As for me my real name and nick name means boss so anywhere i dey people treat me like boss and i always act like boss cheesy tongue ,

What people calls you really matters , abeg no let dem call you , dick-sucker grin or vagina-destroyer grin cus the day you will suck goat dick cheesy or forkking lizard grin as the case of men , let us be careful of the names people call us cus it really matters smiley
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by banmee(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
LordReed:
No it does not. I am sure there are or have been criminals called Jesus or Mohammed or Nelson or Mahatma.

Seriously? Name you child "mumu" and see if he will not curse you forever.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Astra101: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
Only in Africa with an African Mentality
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by sirantonio(m): 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dayoebe:
There's a guy name Buhari in my street, that guy head is not correct
I get the point
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Azyne(f): 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Igbo girls avoid Ikechukwu, Ikenna, Emeka, Ebuka, Nonso is worst grin
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Dreyton36: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
In a way.

Arrrm.. I had to believe this when I discovered my baptismal name means "praise". And Im naturally a praise singer.

So yeah it works. I didn't know this until I began to sing and became a great singer to the point I was advised to join the choir. Years down the line, I just said to check the meaning of my name and realized I've been operating under the power of my name jewessgratitude> "praise" . Now, I'm naturally chosen as a praise or lead singer in any church I find myself. ...

To God be the glory.

My darling with brains
How're you doing today ?
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Olatara(f): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Farki:
Yes, an old study showed that women with masculine names were more successful in law.
Like Chika, Yinka abii?
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Neddyogu(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2021
Story! And Good luck no follow Good luck?
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by kstyle2(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2021
No. I doubt. There's a Nigerian footballer by name Isaac success who plays for Watford. He's been so unsuccessful with football. I know of someone who goes by the name 'favour' and everything about that person is in stark contrast to her name

4 Likes

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by dotedote: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
I bet if Eden Hazard was a Nigerian kid, he'd probably be labelled hazardous from whom something meaningful could never come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by kessiah: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yes, Buhari name is affecting Nigeria
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Karleb(m): 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nigerian like connecting unrelated things together.

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by owobokiri(m): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Wait till they name you Osama bin Laden..
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dreyton36:

My darling with brains
How're you doing today ?

My dear, I'm good. cheesy

Hope you're good. cool
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Dreyton36: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:

My dear, I'm good. cheesy

Hope you're good. cool

Yeah I'm good , stay safe out there cutie

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dreyton36:

Yeah I'm good , stay safe out there cutie

Yeah, thanks.
You too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Seekness:
When you name your child JOB, please what do you expect the child's life to be like? Smooth? HARDLY!!!

Or you name a child PATIENCE, she go hear am grin grin grin na only her go endure soteeh she go change the name by herself.

I've seen some people change such names as they grow up because they feel it affects them.

But sincerely I never see who answer JOB and everything just stew for am...

grin grin grin

Steve job

2 Likes

Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
In Britain, Trump means fart.
Re: Does Someone's Name Affect Him/her?? by Shaev7(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
No. and I say NO! justify it.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEE WEARS!! Gowns,Sneakers,2pc, Jean,Hat,Turkey,Nig,China,Dubia, V / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.