Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

"We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains (33362 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians / CBN Warns Nigerians, “abusing The Naira Attracts Jail Term Punishment” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Childrentablets(f): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Originalsly:

Will it be Ok if your gf tells you she is a law graduate?... you introduce her to your parents as a graduate?... they give you blessings and you marry her?... only for her to tell you to enrol her into Law school so that what she been proclaiming can be a reality?... will you let her be?

@ topic... the lady is on point.

Your argument holds no water. Someone who is not already in a law school stands no chance of being a lawyer. If she is already in one, she can still be a lawyer one day.
Same thing is applicable to those calling themselves ceo. They’re already doing the work or businesses that has put them in line of being ceo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by benikad(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Especially those useless Nigerian guys that call themselves programmers mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

This one no get sense, be like say one programmer don hack her brain grin grin cheesy
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Dollanaira: 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
hmmm
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by chatinent: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
CEO of the trade. Hello!
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Investorriguez(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
Lol
Funny but she is actually correct

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Ugo4hotish(m): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
E no concern u ma'am

After all, securing d bag remains d target

Ur correction will be invalid once d bag is secured. Use ur head in dz

Stupid mentality
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by TransAtlanticEx(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
pocohantas:
She is right, but I have noticed Nigerians love titles. Once they get one, they’ll so abuse it.

MD/CEO. Importer, Exporter, General Merchandise and Distributor of Foreign Liquor...

You will see wedding invitations and title go full everywhere. Esq, Engr, Arch. Na wetin sef? grin
Wetin foreign liquor people do you? grin
I don't form MD/CEO(titles make no sense to me),but you see that liquor ehn,we die there. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by IgboWarlord(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Especially those useless Nigerian guys that calls themselves programmers mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Those USELESS guys calling themselves programmers actually have money to spend..You and your female brethren callin yourselves CEO no get shi shi..Shingbam,una no get..You still end up asking dem USELESS programmers for urgent 5k...

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by evans4luv: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Especially those useless Nigerian guys that calls themselves programmers mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
like men don over deal with u sis?
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by evans4luv: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
madam na u wey fail the exam, any body wey get business wey he or she dey manage is the CEO of their businesses, so get ur facts right bfore spewing out trash, na u call am traders
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by belcom10(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
She is right though.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by emusmithyy(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Millenniumlady:

It's like SMAN is entering your eyes
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by neighbourhud: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
She is wrong!

Her definition is conclusive and that makes her wrong. 'TRADERS,' like she calls them (probably to belittle them), use the word CEO cos they own the business and are the chief decision makers. Thus, with the sense of the owner, they use the word CEO and they are not wrong!

In her definition, she said the word 'CHIEF' means there are other chiefs...that is not completely true. I think the posts below will help us here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by DebbieSylvex(f): 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
madam try minding ur business.... everyone wanna give wisdom speeches whereas they're hypocrites undecided
what exactly are you doing for a living? Youths are becoming entrepreneurs because after slaving away 4 4yrs 2 earn a bloody certificate reality Dawn's on Dem dat if u wait 4 a job 2 b given 2 u den u r on ur own. instead of encouraging pipo who own dia business weda small or big u spewing trash from dat shitty mouth of URS. Get. A. Life.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
Are they stealing? She should face yahoo boys and armed robbers and let people do their business in peace
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by DebbieSylvex(f): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
hmm business developer or business destroyer... Dullard..ur study years was a waste
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by antibullshit: 12:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Its come on, not common.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by wisdomclay(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
Millenniumlady:
Why or don't we have programmers in this country?
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by AlphaSoul: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2021
benjackugo:
Nigerian Business Developer, Omobaabirin Adedotun, is of the opinion that Nigerians abuse the word, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Twitter handle, she wrote:

https://twitter.com/HellenKotila/status/1350141065265864709?s=19
She's spot on with the CEO definition. This is the same
thing I've been emphasizing as
well right from a couple of years
now.

The CTO designation in the tech
space is also similar to the CEO terminology.

Lol...
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by AlphaSoul: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2021
pocohantas:
She is right, but I have noticed Nigerians love titles. Once they get one, they’ll so abuse it.

MD/CEO. Importer, Exporter, General Merchandise and Distributor of Foreign Liquor...

You will see wedding invitations and title go full everywhere. Esq, Engr, Arch. Na wetin sef? grin
Poco... Your post cracked me up... grin grin

"Barrister" Olufemi or Osagie is another irritating, and often abused designation instead of a simple Mr. Olufemi or Mr. Osagie as it obtains in the UK or the U.S.

I assume it's a vortex of ignorance of
standard global business etiquette and low self-esteem that's responsible for this.
Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2021
pocohantas:

If pot black no be for kettle mouth we suppose hear am, i have seen so many profile on nairaland i can emphatically say you baptize yourself with more titles than any other moniker .... now whats d meaning of all these undecided, couldnt crop the turgid ass off grin

Re: "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains by icon02(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2021
I can help you register your business on google for free
WhatsApp me on 09054676396

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘this Is Why The Naira Fell Despite CBN Intervention’ – ABCON / Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.