Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Spiritual Death Is Separation From God(it Is A Tragedy) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Death Is Separation From God(it Is A Tragedy) (381 Views)

Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Death Is Separation From God(it Is A Tragedy) by gabbijason(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2021
"May your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus" (I Thessalonians 5:23).

From the passage, we see that man is made up of spirit, soul and body. Our body is a case with which we relate with this world. but man is not a body! Man is a Spirit, and he has a soul.
The greek word from which we get the English word "spirit" is pneuma. It refers to the part of man that connects and communicates with God, while the soul (psuche in greek) is where we have our mind,will, and emotion as seen in our personal preferences, choices, and our emotional disposition to situations.

The spirit is God-conscious and its always longing for God, while the soul is self-conscious. The soul gives us personality and identity.

While the soul of every man is actjve, not every spirit is. God warned Adam and eve in the garden that the day they eat of that fruit, they will die (Gen 2:17) but that death wasn't physical, it was spiritual death; which is separation from God. They eat it and died and every human inherited that state, (Roman's 5:12)

"At one time you were separated from God. But now Christ has made you God's friends again ... by his death.. " (Colossians 1:21-22)

Any man who is not born again is dead spiritually. but when you get born again by accepting Jesus as Lord, you will be quicken,and made alive (Gal 5:25)

Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life, and does not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life (John 5:24).

If you are not born again, know this; you are dead spiritually. As rude as that sounds but it is the truth. You are alienated from God. but the glorious arm of Jesus is inviting you. surrender your life to Him today and He will make your spirit alive.

Prayer

Dear Jesus, I come before you today, I ask that you forgive my sin, I declare you as my Lord and Savour. Quicken my spirit again and make it alive unto you that I may serve you all the days of my life.Amen!

If you prayed that prayer, wow! You are alive again. find a great church around you and start fellowship with other believers.

For more information on growing your Christian life, send me a message through
Instagram/twitter @yhuki_omo_oba

Re: Spiritual Death Is Separation From God(it Is A Tragedy) by gabbijason(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2021
For more information and questions

Follow Yhuki Peters Oshodin on
Instagram and twitter:@yhuki_omo_oba

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:tuesday, January 19, 2021 / In The Light Of Truth: The Mystery Of Lucifer. / Ever Seen A Pastor Growing An Amputee’s Limb During A Miracle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.