Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? (9300 Views)

Poll: The average Nigerian is fraudulent. yes or no?

Yes: 53% (54 votes)
No: 46% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / 'NUC Declares Aisha Buhari’s Certificate Fraudulent' - Nigeriantimes.ng / Transport Cost Of The Average Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by BABEELOVE(f): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2007
Yes extremely fradulent and unrepetant about it too! tongue
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by denex: 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2007
@MILITIA

I've been ignoring this thread without knowing that you people have been piling insults on my head. I did not seek US visa O! I basically don't foresee anything I'd be doing in the US right now.

I'm thinking of going to China to learn Chinese but since I have a lot of Chinese living around me, I don't see the need of going there.

I don't believe in Janding for Jand sake and my liver never done reach for me to go for Holiday in Europe.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2007
The average Nigerian public institution (Nigerian Customs, Police, etc.) is corrupt!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by seun001(m): 7:13am On Jul 24, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Yes extremely fradulent and unrepetant about it too! tongue

numbers:

yes, I think so. we can't wish it away.

yes  oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RichyBlacK:

The average Nigerian public institution (Nigerian Customs, Police, etc.) is corrupt!

all public institutions in nigeria are irredeemably corrupt!!!!!!!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by thabo(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2007
Nigerians are typical Africans. Liars, cheaters,con artists,loud and aslo barbaric
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Angelheart: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2007
thabo:

Nigerians are typical Africans. Liars, cheaters,con artists,loud and aslo barbaric

Holdon a bit there PARTNER! What does barbaric have to do with "FRAUD"? Im a SOuth African and ultimately, an AFRICAN. If you gona go around calling me a barbarian, then we have a problem. I guess that is where I should start asking if you truly are THABO or BOTHA!. A true African would never go to that extent of calling another brother an animal.

You need to do some introspection mkhaya!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by seun001(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2007
Angelheart:

Holdon a bit there PARTNER! What does barbaric have to do with "FRAUD"? I'm a SOuth African and ultimately, an AFRICAN. If you gona go around calling me a barbarian, then we have a problem. I guess that is where I should start asking if you truly are THABO or BOTHA!. A true African would never go to that extent of calling another brother an animal.

You need to do some introspection mkhaya!
[/quot
thabo link=topic=63667.msg1319755#msg1319755 date=1185270506:

YEAH, U TAKING IT TOO FAR.Y,FOR WANT OF A FOUL WORD U MUST FIRST THINK OF THE MEANING OF THE WORD BEFORE USING IT.I BET U COULDNT WAIT FOR A TIME TO USE THE WORD.WTF
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 5:56am On Aug 06, 2007
ok i don't know if i'm doing this right, i'm new here and a non-nigerian however in love with one, call me a fool i don't know, i am from the states and he lives in lago's nigeria, we have internet dated going on two years now, how we met well let me tell you he was someone different then what he said he was, he portrayed himself as a white man in the uk and this went on for about 6 months, never asked me for any money or anything like that, it came time for when he was to come to the states and low and behold got an e-mail from him with a fake flight ticket and a long letter, still not asking but sure new what was being implied, was he not very good at scamming? don't know cause he wouldn't get the guts to ask anything, was it because i set it straight from the get go other scammers i have dealt with and how i will not talk to anyone once they ask me for money who knows, as soon as the time came up to come here and of course couldn't cause he was not who he had said he was, within a month after he had confessed who he was, on his own, wow!!!!! usually they are caught what made him do this, who knows, his reason's were it was killing him inside and he couldn't take it anymore, he was afraid that i wouldn't accept him because of where he came from and that he was black, am i a fool to believe it? but it takes a man to personally apologize to my whole family over the phone as well as our myspace friends, it has been a trial getting through this with the both of us, yet he is very grateful for the second chance that everyone has given him, i guess he too found out that not all us Americans are bad people, just as Nigerians are judged so are we Americans as being greedy and such, do I feel All Nigerians are frauds? it would be like me saying that we Americans are all frauds or any other country!!! the truth is it is everywhere in this world there is good and bad everywhere but what kind of God would make a whole country frauds and evil people, doesn't that sound ludicris it is individuals that have made that choice or were forced into it for survival, do i condone it NOOOOOOOOOOO however who am i to judge>>.here's a little news flash i may be an American, but i can tell you that in my country i am considered poverty!!! Yes America has poverty no different then any other country just may be different in certain ways, and i can tell you horror stories as well.i've come from the street, done drugs, had to do things i wasn't proud of to survive, years ago.we all have a common thread in this world, we all want to be loved, we all want unity we all suffer we all have to survive, we all struggle we all have criminals and soo on, sooo to point a finger at an individual, country, race and so forth, just remember there's 3 fingers pointing back at you, we all need to look in our own back yard!!! that's all i have to say on this subject, peace and love to everyone of you!!!! if you want to reply sooo be it everyone has the right to their own opinion but plzzzz save the drama for someone else, be real, in your response, no haters
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by login(f): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2007
@Eiregirl,

You really scare me  You said you don't think you've met a Nigerian yet that hasn't done or isn't into fraud of one sort or another

Let me ask you, who are your friends? How come you've only been meeting fraudulent Nigerians?

You've never met me and I am Nigerian, so don't conclude

[center]You can trust he is lieing too.[/center]
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 6:17am On Aug 06, 2007
i guess you didn't read the message right, gooo back and re-read what i wrote, slowly without already having a defense up!!!! it is in response to the topic of do i believe that the average nigerian is fraudulent and in actuality if you read it correctly i was defending nigerians, soooo go ahead and re-read you may find you jumped a little to quickly!!!! **Hugs**
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by login(f): 6:18am On Aug 06, 2007
ok i don't know if i'm doing this right, i'm new here and a non-nigerian however in love with one, call me a fool i don't know, i am from the states and he lives in lago's nigeria,  we have internet dated going on two years now, how we met well let me tell you he was someone different then what he said he was, he portrayed himself as a white man in the uk and this went on for about 6 months, never asked me for any money or anything like that, it came time for when he was to come to the states and low and behold got an e-mail from him with a fake flight ticket and a long letter, still not asking but sure new what was being implied, was he not very good [i][/i]

Are you kidding me? They are flippin professionals, I too met him on an online christian dating site, and we went on for a whole year before he asked me for money, and then the money was through a friend of a friend in the UK because of his dads funeral, O Ya!! it gets real good. Two and a half years later I am in court and he is scot free. Don't be a fool. I am highly educated and no dumby, and even if he believes his intentions to be real, he is lieing to himself. They are a different breed. Stay far far away.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by k0be: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2007
Your average Nigerian is a hustler(in the positive and negative sense of the word), just like anybody else out there - he's willing to explore a variety of methods to make a living.

Hustler
1. an enterprising person determined to succeed; go-getter.
2. Slang. a person who employs fraudulent or unscrupulous methods to obtain money; swindler.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by login(f): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2007
yet he is very grateful for the second chance that everyone has given him,

GET EDUCATED LADY!!! The guy I spoke to came clean too, and said he was soooooooooooooo sorry. He even apologized to my son, as I am a single mom. Months later he is still going on about coming to see me, and it is time for you to get over yourself and get over him. They love to play you again you know. There are some excellent helpfull scamming web sites and lady you are going to need one. Say I don't know what I am talking about and I will see you here in 6 months for the truth.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by login(f): 6:32am On Aug 06, 2007
@Kobe
Spoken like a true Nigerian. The truth is life for us all. Say it like it is. And what is My weakness? Black men with a Nigerian accent. I am not ashamed to admit it. It is the truth! However liers, decievers, and filthy dirty rotten beggers I hate.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 6:42am On Aug 06, 2007
like i have said, he has never asked me for any money!!!!! and trust me i have my eyes open way more then you think, i believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, i believe in giving people a second chance, i have gotten to know his family and his friends, once he identified himself , he has had to go through things to prove himself to me, yes i'm very aware of how good they are the fake id's birth certificates, and sooo forth i have friends here that can check out anything and validate any document if needed, even from different countries, and if you really think about it once a scammer is caught they are no where to be found, i didn't catch him, he offered the truth sure i had my guard up and questioned, but i new eventually it would all come out in the open, as they say truth always prevail, you see the trust issues are going both ways here, and yes i am very much aware of these wonderful sites that are out there like romancescams and more, but you see i don't go into these sites with the mind set of everyone else.bashing nigerians, i use it as a tool of education isn't that exactly what you called it you see when we hang with negativity which is what is in these sites, (with due reason,) we tend to follow and i won't be apart of that, i will take what i need to and leave the rest alone til i need it, like i say truth will prevail even in this, Sweetheart my eyes are wide open!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your concern
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by login(f): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2007
The truth does not always prevail. However the truth will set you free.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2007
you are absolutley right truth will set you free, and now him and i have something to work with now, and can start our lives on a fresh note, which has been very different even better cause there is no lies, he's more relaxed and is open with me about alot of things compared to before, you know it's nice to talk on the phone at the same time as finally being able to spend time with him on the cam and have real pictures, of him and his family!!!! yes i have to agree once again truth sets you free when truth prevails,
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by 9ja4eva: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2007
Are humans corrupt?
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 2:23am On Aug 08, 2007
Each individual makes their own choice, Do I say are Humans corrupt, it's up to that person, I hope you are responding to what login has said,
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by 9ja4eva: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2007
Yes i am

You are right?Its a choice and dts y d question doesnt make click.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by sunshine8(f): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2007
thanks 9j i know everyone has their opinion, however what is sad, is the way people automatically judge right away when something goes wrong, i understand the feeling that login feels considering what had happened to me, however i believe in giving people a second chance we all deserve it but to automatically shut the doors to everyone i feel is wrong, it was an individual that messed with login is it fair to assume that every nigerian is like that?? nooooo it's not, my man didn't have to come clean what sooo ever, and although i was upset and hurt the fact that he came clean on his own, is what has given me the heart to give that second chance, if it doesn't work out will i continue to judge?? noooooo, i know that there are alot of decent NIGERIANS out there, shoot we have them in our own military, God doesn't make evil people, we as individuals make our own choices in life including our behaviors, Soooo to say is the average Nigerian fraudulant.? is for me to say that the average people in this world are evil, and srry but i have a hard time comprehending this, "HE WHO HAS NEVER SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE"!!!!!!!the way i also look at it is if we have been ripped off from whoever it is Nigerians, Americans,Asians,and so on we need to look at ourselves, what is it that we are lacking inside ourselves that we have become vulnerable to such acts, is it our own greediness, insecurities, it's sooo easy to be angry that we " quote"were had"""" but in reality we should be angry at ourselves for allowing it to happen, what makes the difference between people who have been scammed to people who haven't well we need to take a look at ourselves!!!!!! there lies our answers, in everything that we do
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by pixiraver(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2008
Ok, anybody that think he or she is fraudulent raise ur hand grin una never jam corruption, make una face Yankee, China, India etc
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by oziomatv(m): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2008
In Igboland we said IT'S ONLY A COWARD THAT CONDEMN HIS BROTHER AND ACCUSE HIM OF BEING GUILTY TO FAVOUR AN OUTSIDER.

I live in Italy ONE of the most corrupt country in the world where to become a politician you must be a mafian. catholic church has it's MAFIAN CONNECTION. all these no one call it crime.
          American will tell you STAY AT HOME AND GET PAID. BECAME REACH OVERNIGHT. MAKE $5000 WHILE STAY AT HOME.  they're all cool no one talk.

the NAPOLITANS will sell a cell phone or any electrical appliances to you when you get home to open it you find a calved painted wood inside that's not crime.

AFRICANS BEING USED AS SLAVE BOTH LITRATE AND ILLITERATE HOME AND ABROAD BY WESTERN COUNTRIES NO ONE TALK IT'S COOL.
           YOUR RESOURCES ARE BEING SYPHONED DAY AND NIGHT UNAWARES THAT COOL.
                           YOU CAN'T STAY UNITE WITH YOUR BROTHER WITHOUT SOMEONE PUTTING CONFUSSION IT'S COOL TOO.

EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE NOT PRACTICE AMONG BLACK AND WHITE IS NOT A CRIME.

THE CRIME WE AFRICANS DO IS NO WHERE TO COMEPARE TO THE CRIME THEY (BABYLONEANS) DO.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS YOU FULLISH NIGERIANS THAT CLAIM THAT NIGERIANS ARE FRAUDULENTS ONLY.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by badoskey: 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2009
I will not contest the fact that the average nigerian is fraudulent but will also like to say the average nigerian can be law abiding if he or she is sure the rules or punishment will be applied.
Please note the average human being is fraudulent be it british,americans,sweddish, name it
crime detection facilities in those places curbs their excesses while growing up but they still exploit the legal system to back up fraud especially in america
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by biina: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
@OP

Is the average Nigerian fraudulent? I say no, nor is he a righteous man. He is just like most other human beings with a potential for both good and bad deeds.

I will postulate though that the average Nigerian seems more amoral (not to be conflated with immoral) than most, in that he seems to have little or no internal reference for what is right or wrong. Hence, depending on the situation and/or the environment, a Nigerian could be the best of the best, and same person in a different situation could become the worst of the unthinkable.

This could be attributed to our upbringing. The Nigerian society puts greater emphasis on intellect as opposed to morality. As an illustration, in developed countries like US and UK, children stories are usually centered on the battle of good vs evil, with good always triumphing in the end (they live happily ever after). On the other hand, in Nigeria, particularly the south-west, children are nurtured on tales of intellectual prowess, typically of the tortoise outsmarting others in defiance of his moral culpability. An example is the tale of the tortoise and the pig, in which the tortoise who owed the pig money but did not want to pay up on his debt, pretended to be mortar, got flung out by the pig in annoyance, and later held the pig to ransom over the missing 'mortar'.

Couple the amoral nature of Nigerians, to the fact that we are a third world country with no societal feedback, and one can easily see why we are where we are.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2009
Preacher, don't preach me nonsense.

It has to do with individuality and environmental influences.

So the answer is, maybe.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2009
YES, the average Nigerian is fraudulent and its sad.

I think this is of course impated by gender. I thnk more fraudulent MEN than women.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by PAPARO: 12:07am On Mar 29, 2010
yes,statistics show that 94% of nigerians are crooks. i live in the usa and know alot of nigerians with high credentials, and they are not an exception. alot of them are copy cats too. some usually don't have an idea.they steal other people's positive ideas and wear on their faces like screens to decieve others. as you get to know them, the truth unfolds. they lie alot. i meet a muslim from the northern part of nigeria who did not want to identify himself as a nigerian. [the 6% most be from the northern part]. he was well educated and knew what he was talking about.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by rhymz(m): 12:16am On Mar 29, 2010
PAPARO:

yes,statistics show that 94% of nigerians are crooks. i live in the usa and know alot of nigerians with high credentials, and they are not an exception. alot of them are copy cats too. some usually don't have an idea.they steal other people's positive ideas and wear on their faces like screens to decieve others. as you get to know them, the truth unfolds. they lie alot. i meet a muslim from the northern part of nigeria who did not want to identify himself as a nigerian. [the 6% most be from the northern part]. he was well educated and knew what he was talking about.
Ur greatgrand father plus Ur whole present generation constitute the %94 of the nigerians that are crooks. . Fackin Møron. . Abi U chop brain Tumour for dinner? See dis bushimee wey dey try claim rubbish bcoz U kak for one dirty hole inside US. . . Aturu hausa!!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by solokay(m): 2:15am On Mar 29, 2010
I believe the average Nigerian is a good person but the economic situation in the country have driven a lot to fraud which is creating a bad name for all nigerians
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by solokay(m): 2:20am On Mar 29, 2010
This is so wrong. 94% of Nigerians are not adults, are u saying the kids are crooks too. so wrong
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by jamace(m): 2:42am On Mar 29, 2010
Honestly speaking, I think the average Nigerian is not fraudulent. My observation is that, it is  most of  the leaders that are fraudulent. The leaders have created such a powerful  corrupt system that is strangulating the average nigerian to the extent that most now do "If you can not beat them, join them". I seriously blame our leaders for our woes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sovereign National Conference / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area / How Oronsaye Spent Fg’s N190m In Secret Account – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.