Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. (1463 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by QualityMan99(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,
Am considering leaving Nigeria to a country where i can set up a retail business,.
For now, am considering Canada, US, Australia..
Pls i need suggestions on which to choose from, or any other alternative.. Thank you..
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
USA men the land of milk and honey.
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by demanuel(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
QualityMan99:
Hello Nairalanders,
Am considering leaving Nigeria to a country where i can set up a retail business,.
For now, am considering Canada, US, Australia..
Pls i need suggestions on which to choose from, or any other alternative.. Thank you..
Not trying to play the devil's advocate, but I want to ask;

Have you exhausted all options here in Nigeria?
What do I mean...
Does your retail business have a strong online presence?
Do you run paid digital adverts to grow your business?
Have you considered moving to open new market (change your business physical location, selling to a different location ) or move to another market segment (different set of customers)?

I am asking because, retailing is one of the most profitable business in Nigeria if done right.

2 Likes

Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by FYsol: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
Canada
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Yankee76: 12:19am On Jan 17, 2021
A good western country to migrate to is Ireland, the usa is almost impossible to get into plus you will gain EU benefits and there is relatively low requirements to get into Ireland. if you want to stay log term all you have to do is enter the country and then have up to 3,000 euros in a bank account. then apply for a long term visa and find work. also if you study for school (which is a different process and different visa) the path to citizenship is much easier.

Ps. Ireland also has a really low corporate tax so your business big or small will have more profits. tax

3 Likes

Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Belllla: 10:01am On Jan 17, 2021
Hello mate!

First: nice options. You might've heard that comfort of those countries is overexaggerated, or that you're too bold to plan emigration there... But believe me it's worth it. I have two friends who already moved away - one to the US and one to Canada. Both are happiest people. Kinda inspired me too. So I'm in the same boat of planning, hah.

Second: as I've seen on my friends' stories immigration to Canada is a bit more transparent than to the US. And this country (Canada) has a wide set of immigration programs.

My friend used Express Entry program - took 1.5 years and lots of money for RCIC help, but the result was just as expected - now he lives and works there no problem. I've also heard Canada has special programs for business owners. Or I read a story recently of a guy who moved as a student (https://canada2036.com/immigration/study/my-canadian-story-moving-to-canada-as-a-student/). Well, I'm too old for that headache I thought ahah. But if you're up to get relatively easy immigration path and education too, you may opt for it, why not grin

I've just started to get into immigration options myself (will follow the topic!) but the impression I got by now is that it'll take moooonths to observe them all. So anyone knowing easy ways - we're waiting for you in this chat! smiley
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by QualityMan99(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
[quote author=demanuel post=98136811]

I knw already, bt u knw hw economy of naija is,..
i would also love to see hw life is outsid Nigeria..
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by seunny4lif(m): 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nigeria cool
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Arafen(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
I am traveling to Australia to do business. And you know it really worked out. Years of experience were given in picking old cars and bringing them to good condition) Now I already buy non-working cars for disassembly and spare parts and the business is going well. We even have a carrier here that makes Car transportation for me from all over the country and is inexpensive at the same time) So I never regret that I immigrated to Australia.
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by travelinfo: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yankee76:
A good western country to migrate to is Ireland, the usa is almost impossible to get into plus you will gain EU benefits and there is relatively low requirements to get into Ireland. if you want to stay log term all you have to do is enter the country and then have up to 3,000 euros in a bank account. then apply for a long term visa and find work. also if you study for school (which is a different process and different visa) the path to citizenship is much easier.

Ps. Ireland also has a really low corporate tax so your business big or small will have more profits. tax

can you shed more light on how to go about it?

I have more than 3000euros kept in Nigeria bank for 4years+
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yankee76:

Are you in Ireland?
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Fatchi: 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
travelinfo:

can you shed more light on how to go about it?
I have more than 3000euros kept in Nigeria bank for 4years+

please how do you guys make this money? please teach me am just confused!

1 Like

Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by TheMan3: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2021
demanuel:

What do I mean...
Does your retail business have a strong online presence?
Do you run paid digital adverts to grow your business?
Have you considered moving to open new market (change your business physical location, selling to a different location ) or move to another market segment (different set of customers)?

I am asking because, retailing is one of the most profitable business in Nigeria if done right.
sharrap there
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by demanuel(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
TheMan3:
sharrap there
From your profile, I believe that you're mature person. You don't necessarily have to come down to level of the uncouth and mannerless teenagers that have infiltrated this forum of late.

You can do better Sir. You can counter my comment without insults.

2 Likes

Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by travelinfo: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
Fatchi:

please how do you guys make this money? please teach me am just confused!

3k euro no be big money o

1k euro no up to 1million naira now
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Nigerfine3: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2021
You can’t do anything in USA until you have your green card( I mean reasonable thing). You can’t have green card except you get married; this you don’t know how long it will take you.
Retail business in the states is so big that you can’t start it at your level ( otherwise you wouldn’t even be able to pay your bills). You would need to work! Let me stop here.
Re: Retail Business: Which Country Is The Best To Migrate To. by Oscar82: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hey! When I immigrated to New Zealand, I was looking for a suitable job and found a suitable job for the first time as a loader and then I developed and bought my own truck and now I can be found on Trademe shipping and this is a really good start I am going to develop further in this industry! So the main thing is to have the desire and continue to act and not stand in one place!

(1) (Reply)

How To Route To Haiti With Nigeria Passport As Visa Free / What Do You Think Of White Foreigners? / How Can I Get Visa 2 Nairobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.