Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State (3163 Views)

The Igala People Of Anambra State. The Untold Story / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by MyopicMods: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
MEET YOUR ILLAH IGALA PEOPLE

Illah is a town in Delta state. It is made up of Igala and other tribes. The Igala part is called Azanoma.
Azanoma was founded by Prince Asaga and Prince Onaje, both are children of Attah Ayegba Oma Idoko.
Around 15th century, Prince Asaga was sent by his father, Attah Ayegba, to follow the newly crowned Obi Igbo from Idah to Illah to teach Obi's people some music, dances and how to beat ogidi gbo (wooden gong). Due to the hospitality nature of the Illah people he met, he settled down and refused to go back to Idah as his father instructed him to. Staying too long, Attah Ayegba became unsettled and then sent his younger brother, Onaje to go and look for him, and bring him back home. On reaching there, Onaje saw his brother doing very well and very happy with the friendly nature of the people. Onaje was well received by them, and seeing their hospitality too, he didn't go back to but stayed with his elder brother. They both married and formed the Azanoma (Illah Igala) although others said it was formed by/with by Otakpe, another son of Attah Ayegba (which is not my point here to say who is right or not but to identify and reconnect them to Igala in the ancestral home, Idah).
Today, the king of Azanoma is Eze Nmo (Chief Michael Eddoh) and assisted by Agaba Idu (second in command). The present Agaba Idu is of Asaga lineage. His name is Chief Chikweh Maduka. All the cultural activities of Igala are till today carried out by Illah Igala. Although, most of them can no longer speak Igala due to just two person in the midst of many strange people and long stay in foreign land, Igala language is used in most cultural festivals. Thanks to Sir Paul Onelum and sir Emmanuel Ofili, both of Illah Igala for their efforts. And do you know what, Pa Paul Onelum has Igala native uniform, and to let you know also, some Illah Igala adults are currently receiving Igala language lessons to allow them teach their family members. Let this Igala lesson be emulated by other indigenous Igala across the world. Igala blood remains the same, help me welcome Illah Igala home again. Me wola odudu chaka.
I'm Ayegba, and our reunion is my priority, pls join me. Share to inform other Igalas we are there too.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
And
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
and Redbonesmith was deceiving us all these while
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by jansonn(m): 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
Wow, nice!!
I'm igala
My dad is Kogi and my mum is igala from Enugu, it's nice meeting igalas from different parts of the country!! I met a girl recently who is igala from Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by pascalbenz: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
jansonn:
Wow, nice!!
I'm igala
My dad is Kogi and my mum is igala from Enugu, it's nice meeting igalas from different parts of the country!! I met a girl recently who is igala from Anambra state
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
MelesZenawi:
and Rebonesmith was deceiving us all these while

Deceiving you about what?

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 17, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Deceiving you about what?
We all once read here that illah were Igbos are postulated by u.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 7:10am On Jan 17, 2021
MelesZenawi:

We all once read here that illah were Igbos are postulated by u.

You have comprehension issues because what I said about Illah is still here on this forum for everyone to read.

I initially wanted to write a long response to this, but I am not going to waste my time on the crazy land-grabber Ayegba Adullahi. But let it be known that Illah derives ancestry from Nri, Nteje, Anam, Awka, Igala and some Benin, but the town as it stands today is a full-fledged Igbo-speaking town.

The Azanoma he was even talking about is a cult imported from Igala and also found in Okpanam, but he made it sound like it is a territorial area in Illah belonging to Igala.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
RedboneSmith:

You have comprehension issues because what I said about Illah is still here on this forum for everyone to read.

I initially wanted to write a long response to this, but I am not going to waste my time on the crazy land-grabber Ayegba Adullahi. But let it be known that Illah derives ancestry from Nri, Nteje, Anam, Awka, Igala and some Benin, but the town as it stands today is a full-fledged Igbo-speaking town.

The Azanoma he was even talking about is a cult imported from Igala and also found in Okpanam, but he made it sound like it is a territorial area in Illah belonging to Igala.

And you now want us to believe that the town is Igbo after this overwhelming evidence.

You aren't sincere with ndigbo here.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by JuIiusmalema: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
jansonn:
Wow, nice!!
I'm igala
Chai fallacy undecided
Now the deluded OP has come up with another fatal error.
Which one is igala of Delta State
Cc Meleszenawi I need your response
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
MelesZenawi:

And you now want us to believe that the town is Igbo after this overwhelming evidence.

You aren't sincere with ndigbo here.

I don't want you to believe anything. Please, you are free to believe it is not Igbo. Very free. In fact, Illah is not Igbo. You satisfied? Don't stress me please.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
RedboneSmith:

I don't want you to believe anything. Please, you are free to believe it is not Igbo. Very free. In fact, Illah is not Igbo. You satisfied? Don't stress me please.

Not suprised, attack is best form of defense.

I called you to what I read that u wrote here one certain with full confidence writing such...

In a swift, another narration is cropping up..
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Not suprised, attack is best form of defense.

I called you to what I read that u wrote here one certain with full confidence writing such...

In a swift, another narration is cropping up..

Do not be silly this evening. Use the search button on Nairaland and search for what I have said about Illah in the past. I have always said that many of the people have Igala ancestry. I have also said that the name of the town is even an Igala word which means temporary settlement. I said these things on this very forum and was attacked for saying them by hardliners from the Southeast.

My argument has always been that irrespective of where our ancestors came from (Igala or Nri or Benin or Awka) we are Igbo now, by virtue of the fact that our mother tongue today is an Igbo dialect.

Don't come here and lie about what I said. Don't come here and say that I have neve been vocal about the part-Igala ancestry of Illah people. Don't misrepresent what I said because you're not stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
JuIiusmalema:

Chai fallacy undecided
Now the deluded OP has come up with another fatal error.
Which one is igala of Delta State
Cc Meleszenawi I need your response

I don't have issues with the young man per say. The very person I have issues with here is Redbonesmith and that further proved the point I always make here all the time about certain deceit these people which most Igbos Infact ndigbos believe gullibly and I might have been a victim of such if I hadn't peeped into this thread.

People like Igboson1 or xander85 will make you believe that his is pro while reality on ground is entirely different.

In summary A said he is igbo, and now another narrative crops up, A adjust to Bini, igala and Nri..

Them Part-Igala ancestry and next argument will be full Igala ancestry while many has swallowed the first intial narrative hook, line and sinker.

If you must maintain your stand then there is no need, absolutely no need to have another argument to the history.

If it is Igbo then it must be Igbo and igbo it shall be, any other argument must be defeated by any means possible, must never stand, breathe let alone see the light of the day rather than empowering such argument and making it seem as true .... That is loyalty to ndigbo...#Nkume

Cc

Redbonesmith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
MelesZenawi:

I don't have issues with the young man per say. The very person I have issues with here is Redbonesmith and that further proved the point I always make here all the time about certain deceit these people which most Igbos Infact ndigbos believe gullibly and I might have been a victim of such if I hadn't peeped into this thread.

People like Igboson1 or xander85 will make you believe that his is pro while reality on ground is entirely different.

In summary A said he is igbo, and now another narrative crops up, A adjust to Bini, igala and Nri..

Them Part-Igala ancestry and next argument will be full Igala ancestry while many has swallowed the first intial narrative hook, line and sinker.

If you must maintain your stand then there is no need, absolutely no need to have another argument to the history.

If it is Igbo then it must be Igbo and igbo it shall be, any other argument must be defeated by any means possible, must never stand, breathe let alone see the light of the day rather than empowering such argument and making it seem as true .... That is loyalty to ndigbo...#Nkume

Cc

Redbonesmith.

See, Ị na ayịkwa ala this evening, stop mentioning me. I don't remember who you are or ever engaging you on this topic, and all of a sudden from nowhere you're quoting me and lying against me and saying things I never said. If you haven't taken your evening medications, get off the internet and go and take them.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is what I said about my people when someone asked me back in 2017 (3 years ago)

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
I also said this in 2017 (3 years ago).

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
For saying my people were of Igala origin (partly) you Southeasterners trolled me endlessly. For example, this guy.

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
I was also trolled by one of the mods in the culture section. A guy that goes by the name of Francis.

I did not endure taunts of "Igala settler" for an obscure Nairaland user that uses an Ethiopian name to come here and say that I lied on Nairaland and tried to mislead people about the Igala connections of Illah and other towns in that area.

Do not quote me again and lie about what I said or didn't say, if you don't want to invite madness upon yourself.

As a matter of fact, just don't quote me again, period. Dey your lane.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
RedboneSmith:

See, Ị na ayịkwa ala this evening, stop mentioning me. I don't remember who you are or ever engaging you on this topic, and all of a sudden from nowhere you're quoting me and lying agianst me and saying things I never said. If you haven't taken your evening medications, get off the internet and go and take them.

Truth hurts..

I will over look this Insult and especially that I am mad this evening because this is culture section and also calm plus cool though I deserve an unreserved apology from you but Ya diba.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by ijawcitizen(m): 1:12am On Jan 19, 2021
Hmmm...I am enjoying this.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Probz(m): 3:51am On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:
I also said this in 2017 (3 years ago).

Technically four years ago but I hear what you’re saying.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:
For saying my people were of Igala origin (partly) you Southeasterners trolled me endlessly. For example, this guy.

That's nice of him by putting the logic in right perspective. When settlers arrogates the monopoly of wisdom to themselves by allotting part ancestry to a town.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

That's nice of him by putting the logic in right perspective. When settlers arrogates the monopoly of wisdom to themselves by allotting part ancestry to a town.

You're quite the scatterbrain, aren't you? A really dense fellow.

Initially you said I lied to Ndigbo and didn't tell them Illah has Igala connections.

Then when I showed evidence that I have actually been talking about that for years, you changed mouth and started saying I am a settler 'allotting part ancestry to a town' (whatever that means).

Don't fucking troll me. Stay on your lane or go and be mad somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:

You're quite the scatterbrain, aren't you? A really dense fellow.

Initially you said I lied to Ndigbo and didn't tell them Illah has Igala connections.

Then when I showed evidence that I have actually been talking about that for years, you changed mouth and started saying I am a settler 'allotting part ancestry to a town' (whatever that means).

Don't fucking troll me. Stay on your lane or go and be mad somewhere else.

I am not trolling you rather I only emphasis on what you said earlier.

Moreover my point is simple and straight and that Pazenza was right..

You must now tell us your stand and reason behind all these distortion from you..

Divided loyalty must never be allowed again
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:52am On Jan 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

I am not trolling you rather I only emphasis on what you said earlier.

What did I say earlier? State it explicitly because I am yet to understand exactly what you have been talking about on this thread.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2021
Is Illah the only Igbo-speaking town that has some people of Igala ancestry assimilated into their midst? Have you read the history of many Nsukka communities? Are they not all Igbo today? Why do different rules have to apply to Illah?

When you're done telling me what I said earlier that has been causing this unneccesary dragging of RedboneSmith, answer the above questions too.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:
Is Illah the only Igbo-speaking town that has some people of Igala ancestry assimilated into their midst? Have you read the history of many Nsukka communities? Are they not all Igbo today? Why do different rules have to apply to Illah?

When you're done telling me what I said earlier that has been causing this unneccesary dragging of RedboneSmith, answer the above questions too.

Don't bring Nsukka into this issue. You must stick to one either Igbo or Igala so that we can pigeonhole you all accordingly in time to come..

The mix up you called Part-Igala is totally irritating.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:

What did I say earlier? State it explicitly because I am yet to understand exactly what you have been talking about on this thread.

Please, answer this question, weird guy with an Ethiopian moniker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl / Controversy Over Igbo Origin:‘we Have Proof That Umueri Is The Cradle Of Ndigbo’ / This Is Why We Do Say Prayers With Oji (kolanut) And Oseoji(alligator Pepper)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.