Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight (10340 Views)

Insecurity: Wike Asks CP To Establish Additional Police Divisions In Gwagwalada / Buhari Set Nigeria 100 Years Back, Brought Religious Divisions– Buba Galadima / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lanretoye:
Before I answer you,first tell me how old are you?
He sounds like a ten year old undecided
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Rossintii: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
Dansuqi:

Funny enough,I agree with you.the Nigerian army is mainly good for peacekeeping

Na your young age dey worry you. BBNaija generation ati awon omo Twitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rossintii:

You will be surprised that in a full combat scenario between a US battalion and a Nigerian battalion, the Nigerians would actually win. If you think those cornflakes eating, pampered US troops will defeat those rugged Naija forces in man to man combat, think again. At the very most it will be a very close contest, no matter who wins.

There is a reason the US does not favour having their men on the ground in close combat, but prefer to do air strikes instead. Their fighting forces are simply not that good, and nowhere near as brave as many other troops from supposedly weaker armies.

I remember during the Somalian war in 1993 when Nigeria sent about 5,000 troops to join US forces there in Operation Restore Hope. The American troops used to beg the Nigerians to engage the Somali rebels, while all the Yanks did was mount road blocks. Nigerian troops went in and fought the Somalians in close combat and defeated them, losing very few men in the process.

Nigerian Army troops battle Somalian rebels in Mogadishu, in Operation Restore Hope, 1993

[img]https://beegeagle.files./2011/07/km845.jpg[/img]

[img]https://beegeagle.files./2011/07/somali-sniper-arrest-1993.jpg[/img]

You smart
Its people like you I like seeing on Nairaland
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10239556_screenshot20190714112028_png4ddede765d6c908e5b9b381da08a5025

1 Like

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Akudaisi: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Prinss:

WRONG. The primary reason the Boko Haram insurgency is still existing is due to one thing - POLITICS. Only those in the know, know this. Forget about what they feed you through the media.
no am not wrong even though politics is one of the reasons another is the bad training of the military even the police, what they do is beating people not training,after watching how a boy who was kidnapped by BH demonstrated his combative knowledge my perspective of BH changed they are well trained more the our Soldiers,if a little boy can be trained like that in matter of days what will an able body youth do,think
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Akudaisi: 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Liposure:
bh
no that's very very wrong,their fight is territorial and religious one, foreigners are surely there but it's based on Islamic agenda not for money or for fun
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
seunmsg:

Why can’t your almighty US army defeat ragtag Taliban forces in Afghanistan? Why are they negotiating peace with them? When the US ran into trouble in Somalia, it was the Nigeria Army that came to their rescue.

Fighting Boko Haram is not like fighting conventional wars. It is an asymmetrical warfare that is mixed with politics and religious indoctrination. Even if you kill all Boko Haram fighters today, those who believe in the ideology will raise another set of fighters tomorrow and continue the fight. So you see, defeating Boko Haram is beyond the military. We must also defeat the politics and the ideology behind the group.
You get sense
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10239556_screenshot20190714112028_png4ddede765d6c908e5b9b381da08a5025

1 Like

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
IamAtikulate:

A nuclear powered nations cannot defeat Nigeria?

We all saw how powerful Nigeria is during the civil war until they cried to big daddy Britain and Russia, Egypt and others
You said it all “CIVIL”
Nigeria against Nigeria
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
IamAtikulate:

USA cannot deploy its soldiers in combant situation without Congress authorization.

USA as of today is not fighting any war. Their last war was during WW II.

Be guided
Lol
You're trying to play around with words right?
Let me ask you
Is Ethiopia at war now?
Did Azerbaijan and Armenia fight a war or not?
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by The25thBAM: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
supercase1:
In a combat scenerio whereby a US Marine army battalion with logistical support engages all Nigeria army division in a battle which side would come out victorious
US army battalion
or
Entire Nigeria Army Division!!!
Ask the North Vietnamese how the did it... Hollywood will never show you how Ho Chi Minh and his boys trashed the American commandos out of their country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by BABSSSOO(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
If na fight between a Nigerian soldier, and a Us marine or navy seal, one on one o, you think say niaja soldier get chance? You dey call them butter, meanwhile the are healthier and better trained

6 Likes

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by theMagnet: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jomjom056:

That means the US Airforce,US Army,US Navy,US Navy SEAL,US Marines,US Coastal Guards deployed in Afghanistan,Syria,Iraq and Yemen just went there for excursion abi?
Leave am
Make he dey dance with words
He think say na his English class be this
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Ddokie: 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
KosiGee:

I wanted to ignore this thread as I think it’s a foolish one but seeing your comment and that of Rossikii, I was compelled to post.

Men of the Nigeria military used to be rugged, fire eaters and brave. They are not what they used to be in my opinion. I don’t think that you can count on the Nigeria military to deliver like they used to.
I don’t think the camaraderie, patriotism, discipline, ruggedness and grit, intelligence and morale with which they are known for are still there. A lot of factors are required when you are talking of fighting effectiveness. There’s a lot of erosion in the Nigeria military no thanks to decades of corruption, bad leadership, incompetence, bad priorities, lack on intelligence and nepotism.

We can see all these at play in recent conflicts with Boko haram. The terrorist group still traverse our terrain boldly in trucks and personnel, launch attack and disappear! Where does that happen??

Despite what you hear about the US military or it’s portrayals in Hollywood , they are amongst the best 3 in the world if not the best...logistics, motivation, training and discipline and most importantly PATRIOTISM.

Someone said they used lots of air support. Are you being serious? Battle isn’t a street brawl where you jump in and start throwing wild punches...if you have good and better reach, it’s wise to use it effectively to jab your opponent into submission. Every good fighter knows that whether it’s boxing, martial art or the military.

Nigeria isn’t lacking in personnel and self motivation but those won’t take you far. The edge they’d give you is very limited.

The thread question is a silly one and the comparison is very unfair.

Comparing both is like comparing a well motivated and talented athlete who has good nutrition and supplements, trains in a well equipped gym and environment under various top personal trainers to someone who trains in the backyard with lorry fly wheels and bars welded and coupled together, eats badly, has big pecs, deltoids and biceps but with spindly and badly trained, badly shaped and untouched leg muscles with very bad core strength

That's exactly why the op is comparing them. Under normal circumstances, no one will compare a battalion to an entire nation's army.
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
UKkev:
very childish question.
this is why u failed English examinations at school u can't comprehend a simple article cheesy
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
Olatunji1929:
very useless question u don watch plenty America movie
answer the question which side go win?
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rossintii:

You will be surprised that in a full combat scenario between a US battalion and a Nigerian battalion, the Nigerians would actually win. If you think those cornflakes eating, pampered US troops will defeat those rugged Naija forces in man to man combat, think again. At the very most it will be a very close contest, no matter who wins.

There is a reason the US does not favour having their men on the ground in close combat, but prefer to do air strikes instead. Their fighting forces are simply not that good, and nowhere near as brave as many other troops from supposedly weaker armies.

I remember during the Somalian war in 1993 when Nigeria sent about 5,000 troops to join US forces there in Operation Restore Hope. The American troops used to beg the Nigerians to engage the Somali rebels, while all the Yanks did was mount road blocks. Nigerian troops went in and fought the Somalians in close combat and defeated them, losing very few men in the process.

Nigerian Army troops battle Somalian rebels in Mogadishu, in Operation Restore Hope, 1993

[img]https://beegeagle.files./2011/07/km845.jpg[/img]

[img]https://beegeagle.files./2011/07/somali-sniper-arrest-1993.jpg[/img]

too many explanations grin so u with ur head and ur ancestors grave say all naija army division fit defeat one American marine battalion in a fight cheesy
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:
This is the kind of inspiration you get when you smoke mosquito poo
see am grin Shame nor even catch u sef cheesy
buhari supporters and dodging answers be like Herdsmen and troublemaking
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
chatinent:
Nigerian Army.

This is now common sense not just for the names.
can u state ur reasons cheesy
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Oblongata:
Nigerian ground forces are one of the best in the world...

Given the same logistics and equipment, Nigerian Army would outshine American army.

Forget all the films you watch about US army... the US army is not that rugged, and depends largely on CIA for intelligence which makes their operations far more successful than others.

Nigerian army is great and rugged, but sabotage has killed the morale, I pray it goes back to its glory days
so American forces nor rugged
abeg as I dey read ur comment I just dey
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
CodeTemplar:
jet li vs van damme.
osupa vs passo.
grin
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
Telegram234:
Stop giving phones to little kids, parents won't listen. OP is one of the causes.
have u repaid the 100 naira loan airtime u borrowed?
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
big7:

Now bro imagine an Army without intelligence. The world has moved long time ago Mehn, no one will go ground with you when they can easily finish you off within hours hovering over your airspace or you been air locked down by missiles.. Ruggedity don't win war no more. Tactics, techs and intelligence does now
abi ooo I swear down one marine battalion go finish all naija army divisions combined in less than 5 days in an open warfare
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
juman:
America is grossly overrated country.

They went to iraq, they ran away.
They are now begging in afghanistan to run back to their country.
no man, America only discovered the Muslims are the cause of their own problems,they hide the terrorists,pretend alot to get sympathy.arab nations war on terrorism is just like APC govt war on Bokoharam.and also note that America forces in Iraq, Afghanistan wasn't a total war scenerio okay, Russia and China Despite all their tech power and weapons still dreads the US of A and e get y grin grin
Hitler lost ww2 the moment he declared way on America u can read about the D day landings!!!!!the USA control the oceans after God na them get am but they aren't bullies all navy of the earth combined can't defeat the US Navy in and open deep blue sea conflict I can bet with my testes on that
on a normal battle when national pride is at stake,a US army battalion armed with M16 rifles snipers,machine gunners,mortars,artillery,counter RAM patriot and avenger air defense systems,Manpads ,Hilmars battle field radar systems,F-18/F/22s jets and Sophisticated drones that provide non stop aircover and 24/7 bombings and other strategic equipments and logistics would slaughter all Nigerian soldiers in their hundreds of thousands like myriads of advancing zombies.

nations dey fear USA and e get y cheesy

4 Likes

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by IamAtikulate: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jomjom056:

That means the US Airforce,US Army,US Navy,US Navy SEAL,US Marines,US Coastal Guards deployed in Afghanistan,Syria,Iraq and Yemen just went there for excursion abi?
Does a state of war exist between the US and Taliban?

Is there any Congress authorization to use the military force of the US to wage war against Taliban?

Buhari sent 400 airforce personnel to Senegal to help oust former president of the Gambia.

Were they there on excursion? Was Nigeria in a state of war with Gambia?

1 Like

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by IamAtikulate: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Basher8583:

How this come dey pain you.
War and state of war is different. Any confrontation whether armed or not could be likened to as war.

Actually the official name is Global War on Terror and US campaign was known as US Intervention in Afghanistan.

And the intervention achieved all it's aims. The political target for the intervention was and has been met.
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by SUPERPACK: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
supercase1:

abi ooo I swear down one marine battalion go finish all naija army divisions combined in less than 5 days in an open warfare
So 1100 to 1400 marines can defeat a Nigerian division of 12,000 to 23,000 soldiers in 5 days? Our soldiers might be useless but even the marines will reject such contest due to size comparison. Let me just believe you don't know the size of a division.
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
The25thBAM:

Ask the North Vietnamese how the did it... Hollywood will never show you how Ho Chi Minh and his boys trashed the American commandos out of their country.
u are ignorant of America millitary might and I don't blame u it's due to ignorance culture that have overtaken Nigerians that y they don't reason normally cheesy

so for your mind in a state of total national war between between nortth Vietnam and USA north Vietnam go win abi u think north Vietnam tunnels and bunkers can survive mordern American bunker bursting bombs that can even penetrate 100s of meters beneath to ground,locate the target before it detonates abi?

so north Vietnam get weapons pass Saddam Hussein and his army during the gulf war abi?

as I said before I don't blame u,it's the decayed and failed naija systems I blame.
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Dansuqi: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
willybaby:
such stupidity on a Sunday... Please have some sense.. put aside equipment Nigeria can go toe to toe with the US... We saved Somalia after the USA ran out with there tail between there legs, you fail to realise American hasn't won a war in ages, the were booted out in Vietnam and Korea, is it Afghanistan where the looking for a peace deal or what... Sir being woke doesn't entail insulting your country, or castigating for no reason

America actually woñ in Vietnam and Korea.they withdrew for diplomatic and tactical reasons
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by supercase1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
SUPERPACK:
So 1100 to 1400 marines can defeat a Nigerian division of 12,000 to 23,000 soldiers in 5 days? Our soldiers might be useless but even the marines will reject such contest due to size comparison. Let me just believe you don't know the size of a division.
my guy u nor know wetin u dey talk grin make I break am down to your understanding

on a normal battle when national pride is at stake,a US army battalion maybe 1500-2000 armed with M16 rifles sniper rifle,machine guns,mortars,artillery,counter RAM patriot and avenger air defense systems,Manpads ,Hilmars battle field radar systems,F-18/F/22s jets and Sophisticated drones that provide non stop aircover and 24/7 bombings and other strategic equipments and logistics would slaughter all Nigerian soldiers in their hundreds of thousands like myriads of advancing zombies from 39km away without taken a heat during round one of this epic battle grin.do u know the USA got mortars and artillery rounds that can fire tactical nuclear bombs one tactical nuclear bomb(mortar/artillery) explosion can clear an area of over 3km in blast radius and radiation kills twice it's blast radius range and they can still even disperse hundreds of bomblets farther than it's blast range.(note just one 2kg tactical mortar shell na I'm dey do all these damages soooo grin now multiply it by hundreds of other tactical nuclear shells and thousands of other conventional artillery/mortar rounds at their disposal.guy nor talk wetin u nor knowooooo
make we assume say naija bring on this challange 1500 -2000 well equipped,heavily stocked up and drugged up Marines with the weapons mentioned above vs 100,000 naija troops in an open desert with their outdated tanks rifles etc even add mopol and navy join,for 20 billion dollar bet I can assure you na naija go back out of this challange grin grin grin nor use Afghanistan/Iraq eye wey dey play cat and rat/joke games with isis and Al qaelda sotay America don tire to help them,take look America in a 100% ravge mode ooooo!!!!

nations dey fear USA and e get y
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Telegram234(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
supercase1:

have u repaid the 100 naira loan airtime u borrowed?
Lol.
Like the u begged me to borrow on my phone when I don't have credit, cause u want to call this cute little girl who don't like u.
Cause u are too childish for her.
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by RemoveKebab: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Potting your head and doing press up dont win war.

Ruggedity dont win war infact you only fight a war of attrition because the civics you are oppressing will aid in your ultimate loss.
Nigerian army fit to that example.

The days of large infantry troops is coming to an end.

Ask Armenia what Azerbaijan did to them recently.

Tech is the new world power and Nigerian army is in level zero.

Only thing saving NA is that we are surrounded by weak neighbors and not ambitions ones.

Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by SUPERPACK: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
supercase1:

my guy u nor know wetin u dey talk grin make I break am down to your understanding

on a normal battle when national pride is at stake,a US army battalion maybe 1500-2000 armed with M16 rifles sniper rifle,machine guns,mortars,artillery,counter RAM patriot and avenger air defense systems,Manpads ,Hilmars battle field radar systems,F-18/F/22s jets and Sophisticated drones that provide non stop aircover and 24/7 bombings and other strategic equipments and logistics would slaughter all Nigerian soldiers in their hundreds of thousands like myriads of advancing zombies from 39km away without taken a heat during round one of this epic battle grin.do u know the USA got mortars and artillery rounds that can fire tactical nuclear bombs one tactical nuclear bomb(mortar/artillery) explosion can clear an area of over 3km in blast radius and radiation kills twice it's blast radius range and they can still even disperse hundreds of bomblets farther than it's blast range.(note just one 2kg tactical mortar shell na I'm dey do all these damages soooo grin now multiply it by hundreds of other tactical nuclear shells and thousands of other conventional artillery/mortar rounds at their disposal.guy nor talk wetin u nor knowooooo
make we assume say naija bring on this challange 1500 -2000 well equipped,heavily stocked up and drugged up Marines with the weapons mentioned above vs 100,000 naija troops in an open desert with their outdated tanks rifles etc even add mopol and navy join,for 20 billion dollar bet I can assure you na naija go back out of this challange grin grin grin nor use Afghanistan/Iraq eye wey dey play cat and rat/joke games with isis and Al qaelda sotay America don tire to help them,take look America in a 100% ravge mode ooooo!!!!

nations dey fear USA and e get y
I can see you are a Call of Duty Veteran grincheesy
Re: One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight by Basher8583: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
IamAtikulate:

War and state of war is different. Any confrontation whether armed or not could be likened to as war.

Actually the official name is Global War on Terror and US campaign was known as US Intervention in Afghanistan.

And the intervention achieved all it's aims. The political target for the intervention was and has been met.

War is war. Stop garnishing it wirh another name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Poly: ₦450m Not Solution, Flushing Out PDP Is The Way Out - Udensi / Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 / "President Buhari Not Opposed To Restructuring" - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.