Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? (500 Views)

Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World / Mother & Daughter Sucking Their Fingers: When I Was Young, It Was Wrong. But Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Come let’s reason together, so says the good book. But what is there to reason in a case of paternity fraud? Who will ever listen to her or believe her?

I tried putting myself in the shoe of the victim in a paternity fraud incidence, but kolewerk!

How do you go to bed a father, slept peacefully, only to wake up to an early morning reality that you are no longer a father? Like style plus, imagine that!

Just as was done to the adulterous woman, men are always quick to chant “crucify her”, but who is without sin?

I guess that was the question Jesus asked in the case of the adulterous woman as elucidated in the Holy Bible book of John 8:1-11.

But what if she is right?

Do we consider the fact that we the men are to blame? What if she was faithful?

What if she didn’t do any wrong, to begin with? Yes! In a case of paternity fraud, we are always quick to lay blames at the feet of the woman, whilst shouting crucify her, without listening to her story.

We are quick to negate her right to a fair hearing. We are quick to join the bandwagon in passing judgment, whereas, in our respective cupboards, we are nothing but “chichi do do”.

You can ask Mr Ayi Kwe Armah for the meaning of "chi chi do do" if you don't know it.

How could she possibly be right? Well! I think the question should be why do I think she is right?

But wait a minute! Do you know the meaning of DNA? Yes! I mean you. Well! Let’s make attempt at defining DNA for the sake of those that don’t know but are pretending as if they know.

What is DNA?

D.N.A simply means deoxyribonucleic acid. It is a molecule that carries our genetic code and is unique to each of us. Each and every cell in the human body contains a complete set of DNA which is often inherited from our biological parents. To wit, half set of D.N.A from each of our parent.

Generally, people possess their respective DNA code and profiles, except in some cases of identical twins, whose DNA profiles are also identical.

Whether Reliance on DNA Test Maybe Wrong?

The question one might be tempted to ask is whether or not, D.N.A is conclusive proof of paternity in paternity fraud cases.

It might interest you to know that D.N.A, in my honest opinion, is not conclusive proof of paternity. Whilst D.N.A might be accurate in predicting if a child shares DNA codes with either of the parents, there are circumstances wherein a child might not share the genetic code of a biological parent.

What if either of the parent or the child is a Chimera?

A case of genetic chimerism is said to have occurred when a child is composed of cells with more than one distinct genotype.

Biologically, a chimera is a child that has two different DNA. In other words, the child will become its own fraternal twin in his body. That is two fraternal twins with different DNA lodged into one body.

This set of children often possesses A/B blood types. Chimeras are often in their own class, and may not share the DNA of either or both parents.

Whilst a DNA result reveals whether or not a child shares D.N.A with a parent, it does not reveal whether or not the child is a chimera.

There is no gainsaying that DNA samples are often analyzed according to the laboratory protocols, and the technician, without prior knowledge, may not perform a chimera identity test.

This presupposes that the biological mother of the child may be faithful, and still ends up being accused of adultery or infidelity, whereas she is actually innocent and knows nothing.

Another possibility in this regard is when either of the parents is a chimera, that is, has two different sets of DNA. Such a parent could be fraternal at birth.

Recently, in the UK, a biological mother was accused of stealing her biological children in an alleged fraudulent child support case.

Whilst DNA from her blood, hair and nails didn’t match her DNA, her pussy juice matched with the DNA of the child. Also, there was a case wherein scientist discovered that a newborn child didn’t share the DNA of the biological mother.

What if there was an incident of genetic mutation at conception?

This is perhaps the rarest of all genetic possibilities. One cannot rule out the fact that DNA mutation is another possible way wherein the child’s DNA codes and profile may be different from the father’s.
The truth is that mutations occur constantly in our everyday life and it is usually not a problem. But if the successful sperm ejaculated into the woman during intercourse contains a mutated strand of DNA, it might cause the child’s DNA to test differently than the father’s.

One must also take cognizance of the fact that the older a man gets, the more DNA mutations his sperm will contain.

What if the DNA sample was tampered with?

Even though this is rare, tampering with DNA samples can affect the outcome of a paternity test. I once witnessed a situation wherein a woman was sent out of her matrimonial home, simply because the lab technician erroneously swapped the DNA sample.

There is also the possibility that the DNA sample was knowingly tampered with because the biological father needed a reasonable excuse to end an existing marriage.

Most often, this is done to give him justifiable grounds to enable him to contract another marriage with a wealthier mistress.

The heart of men is inherently wicked and there is no gainsaying the length most men would go to perfect the foolish desires of their heart.

There was a case wherein a husband colluded with the members of his family to end his marriage to his wife. All they did was to tamper with the DNA sample.

The result, of course, allegedly showed that he was not the biological father of the child. But karma soon visited him when his new marriage did not produce any child. All medical result revealed that he could not father a child as his semen did not contain any sperm.

He sued his former wife in an attempt to turn back the ends of time. He conducted another test that showed he was truly the biological father of the child in question. But the Court dismissed his case and denied him access to the child.

Again, who would have believed the biological mother was right?

What if the DNA test produced a false-negative result?

Whilst the incidence of deliberate fraud is not the only source of erroneous DNA test results. In some instances, errors made by the technician can lead to a false-negative result. We are human, and no human being is infallible. Even machines do also make mistakes.

There are no accurate statistics on how often this occurs, but who wait to listen to the story of the biological mother once the father discovers the DNA does not match his?

Again, what if she was right?

What if the Child was knowingly or erroneously swapped at birth?

Before you accused her of infidelity, stop and think about this possibility for a moment.

It’s no news that medical practitioners, especially midwives and nurses deliberately or erroneously swap children at birth when none is watching over them.

There was a case wherein a mother gave birth to a male child, but she was knowingly told she had a female child. Her male child was swapped with the female child of a billionaire’s wife, who desperately needed a male child.

Whilst one might ask if the couples didn’t perform scan during anti-natal, I have heard persons give testimonies on how the sex of their child miraculously changed at birth.

Well! I do not know if this is possible scientifically, but like we always say ” what God cannot do does not exist.”

But who listens to the voice of the mother whose child was swapped at birth if DNA reveals that the husband didn’t father the child?

Would you stop for a moment to listen to her explanation?

Your peace of mind and future matters! No mother or child deserves to be a victim. If you are involved in a legal issue involving paternity, divorce, access to the child or other children of the marriage, child support and annulment of marriage, just vex am out.

We have years of experience and are ready to answer your questions during a consultation.

Do not die in silence and please, do not hesitate to reach out today.
Re: Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? by InfernoNig: 2:02am On Jan 17, 2021
To me DNA should be done in multiple places to confirm authenticity. That way, one will know if it is wrong, if there is an incident of genetic mutation at conception tempered with or paid for to be changed or gave false result.
Re: Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? by Gubularaska: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2021
;Dq
Re: Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? by uboma(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2021
This is an interesting topic for discussion @Litigator

You are very right. The wife may have been faithful afterall. I guess trust issues will develop if the DNA test reveals that the man is the biological father. Will the woman choose to remain in the marriage? Some may leave and some may remain but the marriage will never be the same again.

On the issue about switching the child at birth, it may be difficult to resolve this. Again, the innocent wife takes the blame.

Do we have the technology to identify Chimeras in Nigeria?

In all of these, I feel for the children who are at the centre of discussion. The stigma and unwanted publicity are not good for them especially when they are minors

1 Like

Re: Paternity Fraud: What If She Was Right And DNA Was Wrong? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 18, 2021
uboma:
This is an interesting topic for discussion @Litigator

You are very right. The wife may have been faithful afterall. I guess trust issues will develop if the DNA test reveals that the man is the biological father. Will the woman choose to remain in the marriage? Some may leave and some may remain but the marriage will never be the same again.

On the issue about switching the child at birth, it may be difficult to resolve this. Again, the innocent wife takes the blame.

Do we have the technology to identify Chimeras in Nigeria?

In all of these, I feel for the children who are at the centre of discussion. The stigma and unwanted publicity are not good for them especially when they are minors

The main issue is that we are quick to lay blames at the feet of the child's biological mother, whilst negating the fact that there might be other extraneous circumstances that can occasion paternity fraud. We, as men, are often quick to chant crucify her once a DNA result does not match with that of the supposed biological father.

Who pays attention to the biological mother's story?

Do you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Baby Shark Caught In Andoni River By Local Fisherman / Even Police down Help Us With This Issue / Share Your Story On How The Redpill Impacted Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.