Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' (188 Views)

If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / Primate Ayodele: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo Caused Hatred, Envy In Christendom / Ejiogbe (ogbe Meji) Children Powerful Charm To Have Prosperous Long Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' by JahBwoy: 5:54am On Jan 17, 2021
Why do I feel long life is a human construct which forces us to live in fear, which is directly opposite to our stance on faith as Christian.

The fact that Jesus Christ conquered death on the cross, has given us a divine purpose.
So If we say we are truly saved, then death is no longer physical.

If we continue to live in fear of 'having long life, it then means we've not actually keyed into the grace of the Higher calling.

If death is flesh, it does make sense that God does not work with the flesh.

Jesus lived the physical life for 33 years.
But In the realm of the spirit the timeline of his physical life mattered less as his calling was fulfilled wink

So therefore a Born Again, Spirit filled Christian should Totally lose the fear of death , when he has keyed into the higher calling.
and as such the physical death becomes a mere transition.

Shalom

What are your thoughts

WinnersMOG

1 Like

Re: Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:09am On Jan 17, 2021
JahBwoy:
Why do I feel long life is a human construct which forces us to live in fear, which is directly opposite to our stance on faith as Christian.

The fact that Jesus Christ conquered death on the cross, has given us a divine purpose.

If we continue to live in fear of 'having long life, it then means we've not actually keyed into the grace of the Higher calling.

But In the realm of the spirit the timeline of his physical life mattered less as his calling was fulfilled wink

So therefore a Born Again, Spirit filled Christian should Totally lose the fear of death , when he has keyed into the higher calling.

Shalom

What are your thoughts

WinnersMOG

For me, I am interested in standing before GOD blameless with many I have been privileged to bring to Christ Not in living long. If am old on this earth,I pray to have all my body parts Ok and available to serve God
Re: Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Jan 17, 2021
I don't think the biblical Jesus conquered death.

Enoch and Elijah probably did.

And how many people believed in Jesus till he died?

Even israelites don forget Jesus!
Re: Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' by JahBwoy: 8:09am On Jan 17, 2021
AntiChristian:
I don't think the biblical Jesus conquered death.

Enoch and Elijah probably did.

And how many people believed in Jesus till he died?

Even israelites don forget Jesus!

K
Re: Christendom And The Concept Of 'long Life' by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
JahBwoy:

Shalom

What are your thoughts

WinnersMOG
I believe you have the idea all upside down and twisted all around the corners there.

First Jesus Christ was able to accomplish the portion of His work which He had to do in the time He was here, as flesh and blood, on earth. He gave up His body so that instead He can through us ( yes, flesh and blood us) continue doing the Will of God(His work). So, though Jesus Christ died in the flesh, He in fact continues to live in and through those who are born of His Spirit.

Jesus Christ does His work through our flesh and blood and so, whether short or long, what matters is that one focus on doing the work that is meant to be done in the time allotted, else it is all meaningless. Once death happens, there is nothing else that can be done.

Now that aside, the idea of a long-life is one ascribed to by those who see value in such things. Not all those who believe in God believe in long life they way you suppose. Some of the first apostles died before old age, and they were made known of this fate by Jesus Christ Himself.
A belief that one ought to live a long life for one reason or another, isn't necessarily a fear that plagues only those who believe in Jesus Christ, but I sort of think it yet another sickness of the human mind, which is expressed in some many different ways too.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans / Catholic Bishops Slam Biden Executive Order Funding Overseas Abortion Providers / Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts Sermon – Going Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.