Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? (517 Views)

Glory Osei Reacts To Accusations Of Fraud By Former Employees / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks / Cryptocurrency Is A Fraud! Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by RainOnMe: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2021
I know what it took me to save this amount of money for my school purposes. I withdraw it because I have no other choice but as you can see, as I withdraw, banks are also withdrawing their own. It was N24,000. On Friday, I withdrew N2000 to buy medicine for my ill health. Today, I'm left with no option than to withdraw again so I can go to church and also take care of myself. As can be seen, after withdrawing on Friday, I had N22,203. On using First Bank card to withdraw from Union bank machine, after charging their N35, I'm supposed to be left with N20,168 but look at what is left. The bank deducted a total sum of N261 from my account simply because I withdrew N2000 from the account. This kind of fraudulent act keeps thriving in the banking industry and nobody is asking questions or being held accountable. Tomorrow, you will hear a certain bank makes N5trillion profit in twelve calendar month, not knowing it's money they illegally deducted from the accounts of struggling Nigerians.

This nonsense must stop!!! I'm so upset right now because that money was not supposed to be less than N20,000. It took me a lot to be able to save that money for my school purposes (when it is still far from being enough for the said purpose). If I have the resources, I wouldn't waste time to sue them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by Lessonteacher(f): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2021
That's naija bank for you
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by swtdrms(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2021
Lessonteacher:
That's naija bank for you

I've come to the conclusion that what thrive in Nigeria is stealing, No wonder why virtually all our institutions are being manned by thieves. What can we do? You can't do without all these banks and they're all the same. Probably I'll try Jaiz since they're Islamic Bank, maybe they won't be like that

1 Like

Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by Mgbadike80: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2021
I avoid dealing with Nigerian commercial banks except where it's absolutely necessary, i don't save with them, i don't have an atm card, i keep my distance from those government backed thieves.
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by RainOnMe: 9:52am On Jan 17, 2021
What can one do without saving the little he has with them?
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by thesicilian: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2021
Mgbadike80:
I avoid dealing with Nigerian commercial banks except where it's absolutely necessary, i don't save with them, i don't have an atm card, i keep my distance from those government backed thieves.
So how do you keep your money? You don't live in Nigeria?
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by leomarz007: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2021
thesicilian:
virtual banking
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by leomarz007: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2021
thesicilian:
virtual banking
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by Ryan03(f): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2021
Lol, it has happened to me several times. There was one that really pained me cause I was broke around that time, I went to the bank to complain sef grin they started telling me about this and that charges. I nor even understand the charge but wetin I go do? sad I jejely go house. The only relief was that I was able to rant about my feelings to them

1 Like

Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by Mgbadike80: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2021
thesicilian:

i spend them immediately on easily tradeable commodities like bags of rice, mellon, beans etc leaving only the cash i need for day to day transactions, this also preserves the value of my money against inflation since i can sell those commodities after some months of storage at a higher price. I have plans to gradually invest in plantation agriculture starting with a small demo farm this year among other plans. I hide cash at home and don't allow visitors into my bedroom.
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by RainOnMe: 11:03am On Jan 17, 2021
Mgbadike80:
i spend them immediately on easily tradeable commodities like bags of rice, mellon, beans etc leaving only the cash i need for day to day transactions, this also preserves the value of my money against inflation since i can sell those commodities after some months of storage at a higher price. I have plans to gradually invest in plantation agriculture starting with a small demo farm this year among other plans. I hide cash at home and don't allow visitors into my bedroom.

In large sum of money like N10m and above, what would you do?
Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by Mgbadike80: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2021
RainOnMe:

In large sum of money like N10m and above, what would you do?
You invest it immediately in your business or any business with sellable value, i'm well grounded in the foodstuffs business and can easily spend that money buying foodstuffs from the north, a lorry load of stuffs contains 600bags and would cost roughly 10 million (including expenses), you can also push foodstuffs like red oil and garri to the North, managing ten million would be either a fulltime business or a part time business if you're already employed but you would need a room to store the grains for some months before reselling. If i have ten million naira right now, i would quit my job and move into fulltime business and agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Why Should This Kind Of Fraud Be Going On In Nigerian Banks? by WalkerMichael(m): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2021
use Kuda like me.
bank for the poor

(1) (Reply)

Daily Income Investment / Luno Set To Begin Deposit And Withdrawal In Coming Weeks.(cryptocurrency) / CBN-TIES registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.