Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,822 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? (376 Views)

The Synoptic Quranic Versions- the so called preservation of the Qur'an / Moral Teaching In The Gospels / Integrity Of The Gospels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by writeprof(m): 9:58am On Jan 17, 2021
Happy Sunday People, I have observed that many gospel ministers pay more attention to the letters of Apostle Paul and the other disciples more than they do to Jesus Christ teachings in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts 1. I think this has caused many confusions in the mind of some believers who will always use Pauline doctrine to back their actions and activities instead of Jesus Christ sayings.
Why this emphasise? I need to learn more from others. Thank you
Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2021
What I would say is that Jesus is the Master but Paul is just one of His disciples just like the rest of the brethren. So do not worry about what many of the church do, because it would never change that fact.

The teachings of the Master supersede that of any other. At the end we would appear before the Master not any other.

So just ensure that you do what the Master asks of you and it shall be well with you.

That's what I do by the way.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by writeprof(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
What I would say is that Jesus is the Master but Paul is just one of His disciples just like the rest of the brethren. So do not worry about what many of the church do, because it would never change that fact.

The teachings of the Master supersede that of any other. At the end we would appear before the Master not any other.

So just ensure that you do what the Master asks of you and it shall be well with you.

That's what I do by the way.

God bless.

Thank you!
Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by writeprof(m): 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
A publishing firm in Oyo State needs sales representatives to cover Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Kwara, Ondo and Ekiti States, preferably, candidates should be based in the state capitals or one of the developed cities within the states.

Qualifications:
OND is the minimum qualification needed.
No previous experience needed as shortlisted candidates would be trained on some basic marketing and sales skills.
Candidates should be creative, outgoing, internet savvy and have good communication skills.

Renumeration: salary, allowance and commission.

Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed CV to: dwriteprof@gmail.com within two weeks from today.
Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Jan 18, 2021
writeprof:
Happy Sunday People, I have observed that many gospel ministers pay more attention to the letters of Apostle Paul and the other disciples more than they do to Jesus Christ teachings in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts 1. I think this has caused many confusions in the mind of some believers who will always use Pauline doctrine to back their actions and activities instead of Jesus Christ sayings.
Why does this emphasize? I need to learn more from others. Thank you
Because all of your ministers do not in fact understand the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, a core message which Paul did not in fact address in any of his letters since his letters were already addressed to those who already believed and had an understanding of the core message itself.

Your ministers are liars who have found a way to latch on to Paul instead of Jesus Christ pretending they do so in the name of God.
Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by petra1(m): 5:52am On Jan 18, 2021
writeprof:
Why this emphasise? I need to learn more from others. Thank you

Paul was given an assignment to the gentiles of who we are. So Pauline epistles are so important for Christian growth

Acts 13:47
For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by writeprof(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Because all of your ministers do not in fact understand the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, a core message which Paul did not in fact address in any of his letters since his letters were already addressed to those who already believed and had an understanding of the core message itself.

Your ministers are liars who have found a way to latch on to Paul instead of Jesus Christ pretending they do so in the name of God.

Bros, no be quarrel. Let's learn to be civil at least. You're trying to say something sensible but your approach now makes it lose its sense and meaning. It's well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Less Focus On Jesus And The Synoptic Gospels? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
writeprof:

Bros, no be a quarrel. Let's learn to be civil at least. You're trying to say something sensible but your approach now makes it lose its sense and meaning. It's well.
What I stated there is a fact. Jesus Christ sent His disciples out to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and not the gospel written in the letters of Paul, which does not even begin to address the detailed contents of the new agreement that is found in the gospels.
And so it follows that anyone who claims to be of Jesus Christ but refuses to obey Jesus Christ, in this case, refuses to teach the detaila of the message taught by Jesus Christ Himself, the message that is indeed the gospel to which we, including Paul, are called to, is a liar and the Truth(Jesus Christ) does not live inside of such a person.
Jesus Christ said that and it remains as simple as that even 2000 years later. What aspect of that knowledge disturbs you or rubs you wrong? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buddhist Monk Chops Off His Head As An Offering To Buddha To Reincarnate Him As / What This Bird Did On My Head. Should I Worry? / Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.