Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures (3740 Views)

New Owerri Flyover: Current Update On The Flyover Project In Imo State / Owerri Flyover And Ado Ekiti Flyover Which Looks Beautiful : Pictures / Owerri Flyover Still Useless 10yrs After Construction: Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Abia1stS0N: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2021
Owerri FLYOVER constructed by Okorocha remained unused 5yrs since it was constructed.

The Owerri FLYOVER was commissioned with so much fanfare by Gov Okorocha. Thereafter COREN declared the project structurally unfit for vehicular usage.

A closer look at the bridge shows so much depreciation despite the fact that it hasn't been used since it was built.

The current governor had earlier demolished a culvert-like tunnel built by Okorocha, citing structural deficiencies.

Under the FLYOVER has been turned into a mini market.

Will the current governor also demolish this Owerri FLYOVER? Time will tell.

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
I won't be shock if an Owerri IPOB member blame Tinubu or GMB for this grin

9 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by owobokiri(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lol,
Okorocha was all over the place with his weird projects..

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by owobokiri(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
BabaOwen:
I won't be shock if an Owerri IPOB member blame Tinubu or GMB for this grin
Hushcobar Tinubu is a drug peddling political misfit that helped foist a tyrant on Nigerians and as such will NEVER be elected the president of Nigeria in 3 lifetimes!
There you have it, now 'do ur worst'...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Racoon(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rochas Okorocha is the biggest scam to befell Imo state.
Passed close to that bridge in 2019 and saw a crack & wonder why are the ICPC, EFCC yet to investigate the criminality involved in that project.

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
owobokiri:

Hushcobar Tinubu is drug peddling political misfit that helped foist a tyrant on Nigerians and as such will NEVER be elected the president of Nigeria in 3 lifetimes!
There you have it, now 'do ur worst'...
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by IlovePMB: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Tinubu APC intalled fulani asslickers as the Governors of Imo State. This is the result.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by helinues: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
One of the Okorocha Ibeberism

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Kinematics: 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
No wonder they keep running to Rivers in droves.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by galaxypropertie: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Owerri is a very backward town. Owerri is a one-road TOWNSHIP which is Wetheral road. Wetheral road is the only place in Owerri aside their government house.

Roads in Owerri are all dilapidated. Most times it is hard to tell the difference between Owerri and Aba.

Bag of gworo aka abagworo over to you. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by galaxypropertie: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
Abia1stS0N:

You are very right. More 30% of imo population are in Rivers state while 20% are in Anambra state, another 10% in Abia state, and it goes on like. Imo state in indigenes are scattered all over the country, this explains why nothing is working in Imo state.

Very true
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by mightyhazel: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
Demolish those anthills

na so flyover dey be? roaches iberibe should be in jail
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by laiperi: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
No matter what Okorocha did, if the people he did it for do not appreciate it, I cannot argue with them. But I know school children appreciate what he did for them.

Those crying for Chinese loans for development all over Nigeria, there you go. Politicians are prodigal sons that borrow into their pockets.

For loans, imported food, used and new vanities because you want what oyinbo sell go kill una.

Use your brain for local inventions and discoveries. Even oyinbo come and copy dem, then patent dem abroad to sell to you. Like fresh fish caught in your waters, can them and sell you sardines.

Africans, you want development loans abi. See your life o.

Eko Atlantic next!
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by chubinwa(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Owerri is in its squalor state now. all thanks to Hopeless Uzodinma

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by gannod(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Abia1stS0N:
Owerri FLYOVER constructed by Okorocha remained unused 5yrs since it was constructed.

The Owerri FLYOVER was commissioned with so much fanfare by Gov Okorocha. Thereafter COREN declared the project structurally unfit for vehicular usage.

A closer look at the bridge shows so much depreciation despite the fact that it hasn't been used since it was built.

The current governor had earlier demolished a culvert-like tunnel built by Okorocha, citing structural deficiencies.

Under the FLYOVER has been turned into a mini market.

Will the current governor also demolish this Owerri FLYOVER? Time will tell.

grin grin grin not surprised, especially with the shoddy jobs done by Rochas. Each time, I passed through that route from Akwakuma, I was always scared the thing might fall on motorists/road users.
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Muna4real(f): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Op abeg stop lying. That flyover is opposite my street and it's in use as we speak. I can even go and snap pictures for you but laziness will not let me. Just stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Muna4real(f): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rochas completed that flyover before he left office and people pass there everyday. In fact, the light on the bridge was very functional then.
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by 444crop: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
To even see dirty looking Indonesian laborers working on such project with trowels and head pans...
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by galaxypropertie: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
chubinwa:

Abagworo, your attention is needed so you can carry out your usual propaganda. Everyone knows that Owerri is mess, almost worse than Aba lol
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by OVB123: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
galaxypropertie:
Owerri is a very backward town. Owerri is a one-road TOWNSHIP which is Wetheral road. Wetheral road is the only place in Owerri aside their government house.

Roads in Owerri are all dilapidated. Most times it is hard to tell the difference between Owerri and Aba.

Bag of gworo aka abagworo over to you. cheesy
I thought that
it's the most beautiful and cleanest capital in Nigeria?
The way Imo indigenes brag about Owerri, one will think it's Washington DC.
Mtcheeeeew.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by galaxypropertie: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nwaforigbo you are needed cheesy
chubinwa:
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Onyenna(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Muna4real:
Op abeg stop lying. That flyover is opposite my street and it's in use as we speak. I can even go and snap pictures for you but laziness will not let me. Just stop saying what you don't know.

OP is correct! The one in those pictures is that of Orji. It has not been used for a very long while..... The one at Akwakuma is open but in a sorry state..... I believe you’re talking about that of Akwakuma and not Orji....
Re: Owerri Flyover Remains Unused 5yrs after It Was Constructed: Pictures by Onyenna(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Muna4real:
Rochas completed that flyover before he left office and people pass there everyday. In fact, the light on the bridge was very functional then.

Yeah, but we all knew it wasn’t gonna last. Akwakuma flyover is open but in a serious mess.... Those flyovers need massive reinforcements and facelift.....

(1) (Reply)

Our Oduduwa Republic Outreach At A Primary School Today (photos) / First Ship Berth In Akwa Ibom Shore To KickStart petroleum sales OPNS... photos / The Real Picture Of What Happened At Izombe, Imo — Info Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.