Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats (13776 Views)

Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by Hapuruchukwu(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
AreaFada2:

My brother the assumption of the average Nigerian that he is too smart has made many thoroughly ignorant. When you expose their ignorance they become defensively aggressive and insulting.

How can he not know that foreigners should be under alien residents category? You don't have to have lived abroad to know some fundamental stuff. Especially those parading tertiary institution certificates.
If Nigerian government has been transparent in their dealings and not always frustrating its citizens with most of their policies, the ordinary Nigeria won't pick a stone in whatever they do.

I won't as an employer engage such a person with so little idea about how the society works. Not well rounded enough.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by spacechuks(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Awoo88:
Something dey worry dis one for head. so all these noise about sim linking to nin is about making people comply with nin act. passport, driver's license and voter's card serve the same purpose so why do i need nin. useless and senseless people. Is there no minister with sense in that executive council that will talk sense to them?

Dont mind that quota minister; isa pant my ass, seeking for cheap attention
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by Hapuruchukwu(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sunshine34:
NIN is mandatory for all.

Believe me, for those said foreigners, it'll be matter of choice.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by darecool(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
noobsaibot2:
These people have an agenda... Like play like play... Na so dem go dey register non Nigerians... And other Fulanis outside Nigeria go come get ID, while the ones in Nigeria no go get. Just thinking outside the box
That's the essence of the whole NIN brouhaha.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by ngadaAwo: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:
Toh
are you wearing pant?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by spacechuks(m): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
They shroud nin under the guise of check mating insecurity, when even the baby in the womb knows that the insecurity lives with them in the north, the northern elites are partisan to bokoharam , bandits etc just because they are seeing it as a means of cashing out Niger oil money.

Isa pant my ass, pls enforce nin in your unsecured northern state to checkmate bokoharam etc,

When you able to established effectiveness, then we can buy your idea.

Useless minister of the north
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by princeade86(m): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
Grayoso:

Don't be so quick to tag others 'unthinking'. Nigerian leadership class is not full of fools even if ordinary Nigerians think this is the case.

The NIN is for all citizens of Nigeria and all legal residents in Nigeria.

The NIN number issued to these diplomats will be same as that already being issued to foreigners with regular and long term attachment to Nigeria.

The NIN they get is under a clearly defined foreign subsection and does not entitle them to a Nigeria passport or citizenship. The NIN is a good initiative overall and we will begin seeing and reaping it's benefit in the near future.
i don't believe sir because another government will still come and bring another thing just to embezzle public money. pls what is the usefulness of bvn..
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by Dollanaira: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Clueless people in govt lately
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by unitysheart(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
Macphenson:
Are these people thinking at all? That means automatically they are Nigerian citizens and can easily obtainnour passport and driver's license.

It's just like a foreigner entering USA and automatically having a social security number. Do they really undertsand the implications what they ordered?

This NIN policy is a poor thought out policy.

They are not citizens.

Please check what is obtainable on countries like Turkey, etc.

As a resident there you must register.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by bigtt76(f): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Exactly... I wonder if the fools understand the implications cheesy

Macphenson:
Are these people thinking at all? That means automatically they are Nigerian citizens and can easily obtainnour passport and driver's license.

It's just like a foreigner entering USA and automatically having a social security number. Do they really undertsand the implications what they ordered?

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by Jimmyubah2: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
That's what you get when you have a fanatical Islamic scholar as a minister of communication.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by ofiko123(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ok...
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Grayoso:

The NIN is a good initiative overall and we will begin seeing and reaping it's benefit in the near future.

I have been asking a very simple question & no one seems to have d answer. On seeing ur comment, let me ask u. Why is NIN a good initiative overall? What are d benefits u say "we will begin seeing and reaping in the near future"?

2 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
unitysheart:

They are not citizens.

Please check what is obtainable on countries like Turkey, etc.

As a resident there you must register.

That's d essence of immigration. Are u telling me d nigerian immigration service hasn't been doing it's job?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by jchioma: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
Grayoso:

Don't be so quick to tag others 'unthinking'. Nigerian leadership class is not full of fools even if ordinary Nigerians think this is the case.

The NIN number issued to these diplomats will be same as that already being issued to foreigners with regular and long term attachment to Nigeria.

The NIN they get is under a clearly defined foreign subsection and does not entitle them to a Nigeria passport or citizenship. The NIN is a good initiative overall and we will begin seeing and reaping it's benefit in the near future.

Granted, but despite the touted benefits, I think the whole NIN thing was not well thought through, especially with the processes initiated so far. Lumping crowds of people to a corona virus exposure is a recipe for confusion and corruption. They need to go back to the drawing board.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by faste: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Will all these ilegal fulani alien roaming nigeria all also get the nin?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by rafcrown(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
So there is nothing that can be done in an organized and intelligent manner in Nigeria.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

It is different to citizenship and it does not serve as automatic ticket to citizenship, it's just like and identity card that are also issued in europe to their residents irrespective of your citizens status.

No sir. We have a Nigerian immigration service who one of it's function includes registering any foreigner coming into d country. So NIN is a duplication of what d NIS is supposed to be doing except u are saying they don't do it. D instance u gave in Europe is what d immigration services does
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by joyousever(f): 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
If it's really a good initiative, why didn't the so- called politicians thoroughly think through it and come up with stress- free modalities on how to obtain it? Or better still simply use citixens' already existing personal data with banks and INEC. Personally, I have a problem with this governmen's policies.
Grayoso:

Don't be so quick to tag others 'unthinking'. Nigerian
leadership class is not full of fools even if ordinary Nigerians think this is the case.

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by bejeria101(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
You well so?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by bigfish3k: 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
An opportunity to enroll all the foreign fulanis as Nigerians.

Chai.
We don see hell for this government hand
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by unitysheart(m): 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
lexy2014:

That's d essence of immigration. Are u telling me d nigerian immigration service hasn't been doing it's job?

Apart from immigration, you must be given and ID number in these countries, equivalent to NIN.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by NwokoloOwa: 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
I hear people say Dr Isa Patami is intelligent and exposed. But from his actions over this NIN the man has no experience in this job. So unfortunate.

I don't have any problem with registering foreigners if that is what the Act says. But I have problem with the attitude of making it appear as if NIN is over and above other recognized valid identifications. As I posted here NIN is just a vehicle to chain together all your other national and international identifications.. Beyond Nigeria, no one will recognize your NIN just like nothing concerns us here with other county's nationals identification except for their International Passport.

Patami is saying without NIN you can't have a mobile SIM which to me is stupid. So foreigners who are not residents up to 2years cannot own a mobile line? What of tourists, researchers, etc who are visiting for few days, weeks or months? Once you have any of the valid and recognized identifications ( International Passport, Drivers Licence, Voters Card) then you can own a mobile line. That's the standard all over the world. I can't understand all the incoherence in dishing out this very simple policy. I think this is more of busy body and unnecessary show of
power.

So disappointed. And he is of the younger generation we are clamouring for a shift to.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by CodeTemplar: 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
Macphenson:

Pantami is a quota system product so no surprises. The man in Aso Rock thinks he is positioning his people to be the driver of change not knowing he is positioning the nation into error by using dull quota system products.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
unitysheart:

Apart from immigration, you must be given and ID number in these countries, equivalent to NIN.

Who gives u d ID number?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by clickwtB(m): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2021
Suprisingly Fashola didnt deliver and failed!
nairavsdollars:
They relegated Fashola and made Fantami the most powerful minister
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by cocolacec(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Macphenson:
Bb

NIN is like having NIS Number in the Uk and Personal number in Sweden.It is meant for. Both citizens and legal residents anyone without doesnt exist in the country.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by unitysheart(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
lexy2014:

Who gives u d ID number?

They have an interior system. ID is a norm.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
unitysheart:

They have an interior system. ID is a norm.

Which agency under d ministry of interior does that job?
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by unitysheart(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Which agency under d ministry of interior does that job?

Oga, use google sir. I didn't tell you ministry of interior.
Re: Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats by lexy2014: 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
unitysheart:

Oga, use google sir. I didn't tell you ministry of interior.

When u used ur Google, what did it tell u? Which one is "interior system"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protest, Withdrawal Of Aspirants Mar Ekiti APC Guber Primary (Video, Pictures) / Pictures From Gov Sanwo-Olu's Valedictory Cabinet Meeting / Akwa Ibom Insecurity: Ibeno Under Siege As Eket, Esit Eket Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.