Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? (887 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Marriage is a beautiful thing but can be the worst thing to happen to a man if a partner isn't considered carefully. Some of us are fortunate to marry good partners while others are just unfortunate. Some yet dated their husbands/wives then ended up marring their boyfriends/girlfriends. Funny and sad as it is.

Best to marry someone who would bring out the best in us not the stress in us which brings up the big question, "What do you think people need to know about each other before they get married?"

From my perspective so far I believe they include

- His/her financial status
- His/her private life
- Genotype
- Mental health

Is there something I'm missing?
What's your take on this?

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Olunmercy56(f): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Yes, especially the sex part, communication and financial aspect
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Aliii(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
In marriage is forever ..so one must choose what matches you ..first they must be up and down ,forget those Korean movies they are tough times where you and her might get misunderstandings, so here you check if he/she can forgive easily .. Next everyone has a bad habit, so I always advice you life with her for like a month or two to see if you can tolerate her ..and lastly fertility, can she put to bed?
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by debbydams(f): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
And make findings about the family background,some have hereditary sickness or disability

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
Aliii:
In marriage is forever ..so one must choose what matches you ..first they must be up and down ,forget those Korean movies they are tough times where you and her might get misunderstandings, so here you check if he/she can forgive easily .. Next everyone has a bad habit, so I always advice you life with her for like a month or two to see if you can tolerate her ..and lastly fertility, can she put to bed?
You have a point but what're the signs of the wrong person? Please your opinion...
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Yes, especially the sex part, communication and financial aspect
You seem to be ignoring the fact that most men lose interest in a lady after sex...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
debbydams:
And make findings about the family background,some have hereditary sickness or disability
Make someone no go enter one chance marriage. Nice one
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by debbydams(f): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Mikester:

Make someone no go enter one chance marriage. Nice one
abi o, person like me I used to make hidden search about someone m dating before going to see him, finding like can he kill me, can he use me for ritual,glory still remain, we go last if I marry him, is he hot tempered, no mata how much I love a guy once i.found that he's hot tempered nd impatient forget it we meuvvvvv nio.. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
debbydams:
abi o, person like me I used to make hidden search about someone m dating before going to see him, finding like can he kill me, can he use me for ritual,glory still remain, we go last if I marry him, is he hot tempered, no mata how much I love a guy once i.found that he's hot tempered nd impatient forget it we meuvvvvv nio.. grin
You're wise

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Aliii(m): 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Mikester:

You have a point but what're the signs of the wrong person? Please your opinion...
she don't align with you ,she's mostly stubborn she don't take whatever you say ..she always feel she's right ,she unapologetic.. All about the women trend ..total dependency on you ..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Aliii:

Yes exactly, and also, is the man fertile enough to impregnate a woman? It goes both ways.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Aliii:

Lol @ korean movies. Those people have messed with the brains of many babes cheesy
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by mrgbenga1: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Marriage is more spiritual than physical. But have one eye open while praying for life partner.
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Liposure: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Is she submissive? is she domestic enough? Does she have a listening ear? is she one of those toxic and proud feminists screaming "men are scum"? These are things i look out for.
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
Liposure:
Is she submissive? is she domestic enough? Does she have a listening ear? is she one of those toxic and proud feminists? These are things i look out for.

Feminism is a total turnoff for me too. It is an anti-marriage program. Nice input
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Olunmercy56(f): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
Mikester:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that most men lose interest in a lady after sex...

Having sex with a man will definitely loose your respect as a woman. But you need to discuss it further. Some men has thin or small tin, some have issues with their sex life, some ladies don't like too much sex, it will be very painful if the guy or the lady didn't tell his or problem before going into marriage
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Aliii(m): 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Yes exactly, and also, is the man fertile enough to impregnate a woman? It goes both ways.
lol wahala ? Nor be fight ooo
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Derare(f): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Rhesus factor
Any hereditary disease
Mental health
Genotype
Family background
Financial stability
Any shitty past
So many important things put in check mahn,but most especially Mental health, Rhesus factor and financial stability (we no go chop love grin
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by poshestmina(f): 1:17am On Jan 18, 2021
Family medical history: Hereditary sicknesses .

Family spiritual history : I don't/didn't want my kids growing up to fight Generational and ancestral battles.Doubt it all you want but they exist.

How they treat their in laws : I always wanted open minded in laws but they should know their boundaries.

Temperament :How he react when he's angry ,sad etc . again some can pretend or change overtime.

Cheating capability:some disguise real good lipsrsealed

Sexual energy :guess this one doesn't matter anymore grin ,the thing sef don tire me grin.

Financial stability/plans/investments/ genotype/social lifestyle/any bad addiction/fetish etc should be investigated too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mindlog: 1:49am On Jan 18, 2021
As earlier highlighted, mental health should not be ignored. Mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder (MDD), Schizophrenia etc are hereditary as mental illness can run in families.

Some people are more predisposed to them because of the families they are biologically linked to, so it is very important to read up on them and their management as this would help make informed decisions.
Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by ibechris(m): 5:21am On Jan 18, 2021
Investigate his family background so as to find out if his lineage has generational curse,traits and perhaps evil associated to them. Although it may seem like a joke but it's so real.

Discuss with him everything that has to do with money in Marriage,this would help u to know who would be in charge of money especially as regards to planning,investing and management.

Discuss with him what he likes and dislike. How many children he would like to have if the marriage is consummated. I remembered my wife asking me similar question like 5years ago and which I mentioned 4 but we ended at 3,which in reality,came out as planned.

Talk about ur finances alot,in fact make it a real talk. Ask him his goals where and what he intends to achieve tomorrow or perhaps in 5 years time,with this be assured to get an answer from him.

This is just little out of many u would like to ask him or her. And the real reason why money matter is key to marriage is because,it has greatly torn family apart and if u dont take out ur time to discuss more about it now at this relationship level,u may end up regretting it.

In conclusion, if u must marry, be u a man or woman,pls do ensure that u educate yourself about financial education...it'll benefit u,improve u and enhance u on how to handle the most critical financial decisions in ur home/marriage. Good luck to u.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Aliii:
lol wahala ? Nor be fight ooo

Who is fighting with you?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Aliii:
she don't align with you ,she's mostly stubborn she don't take whatever you say ..she always feel she's right ,she unapologetic.. All about the women trend ..total dependency on you ..
The last one is a disease. It will not end well. Nice write

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by Mikester: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Olunmercy56:

Having sex with a man will definitely loose your respect as a woman. But you need to discuss it further. Some men has thin or small tin, some have issues with their sex life, some ladies don't like too much sex, it will be very painful if the guy or the lady didn't tell his or problem before going into marriage
You spoke wisdom. On a normal basis relationships should be based on communication not assumptions. No partner should live with assumptions, they should rather communicate which is more rational

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? by korban3134(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
Mikester:
Marriage is a beautiful thing but can be the worst thing to happen to a man if a partner isn't considered carefully. Some of us are fortunate to marry good partners while some are just sad. Some dated their husbands/wives then married their boyfriends/girlfriends. Funny and sad as it is.

Best to marry someone who would bring out the best in us not the stress in us which brings up the big question, "What do you think people need to know about each other before they get married?"
From my perspective so far I believe they should be

- His/her financial status
- His/her private life
- Genotype
- Mental health

Moreover how do we know the wrong person to avoid? What are the signs to look out for?
What's your take on this?

See that mental health....It's very very very important! Many are mad few are roaming.

(1) (Reply)

Am Sliding Into Depression / My Neighbor Wife. I'm Avoiding Trouble. / Wholesale/retail Grocery Items For Your Households

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.