Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil (3783 Views)

Names Of Cabal Behind Fuel Subsidy Thief,govt Caught. / Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests APC Youth Leader Caught Buying Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 18, 2021
Here is a quote from an article on=OSINT software Shodan[/url]...

Anyone can purchase a Freelancer license and use Shodan to scan up to 5,120 IP addresses per month, with a return of up to a million results. That costs $59 per month. Serious users can buy a Corporate license, which provides unlimited results and scanning of up to 300,000 IPs monthly. The Corporate version, which costs $899 per month, includes a vulnerability search filter and premium support.

So, again, the idea that OSINT is 'free' is not true.

In opposing the government, we must not tell lies or half truths. We only give more justification to the likes of Lai Mohammed and his plans to pass restrictive laws on our social media space.

Source: What is OSINT. 8 TOP OPEN INTELLIGENCE SOURCE TOOLS.
Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by Rugaria: 6:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:
Okay, while I am a bit suspicious about the whole budget for OSINT...it isn't true to say that OSINT is 'free'

First, there are several types of OSINT software, and some come in free, while some come with payment.

I suspect the government is going for the variant where you have to pay something for it.

HERE is the article on types and pricing of OSINT software

As you can see if you clicked the article...some OSINT come in free, some come in paid variants.

Of course, the government won't be using the free stuff...which everyone and his mother can use.
So in your best judgement, you believe it's right for the government to pay over 3 BILLION NAIRA for this software? Stop dancing around, take a stand! You believe this amount is good for this software? Step out and be categorical so one can expose you for what you are.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 18, 2021
Rugaria:

So in your best judgement, you believe it's right for the government to pay over 3 BILLION NAIRA for this software? Stop dancing around, take a stand! You believe this amount is good for this software? Step out and be categorical so one can expose you for what you are.

That's why i did say i was suspicious a bit.

There needs to be a breakdown of the whole cost of the thing

But the idea OP was posting that it was completely free is not true.Which was the point of my post ..
Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by orisa37: 7:03am On Jan 18, 2021
THEY JUST LOOT THE MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by Derrylatei: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
LagosAirport:

Omo this bros even reference Bible to prove his point

He tire me
Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by LagosAirport: 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Caught Buying "Free Software" For N1.6bil by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 26, 2021
rubbish

(1) (2) (Reply)

Road Side Welder Fixing A Gun For Policeman In Nigeria: Photo / Independent Day: Who Can Interpret This Punch Newspaper Cartoon Flakes / Breaking News!!! Ijaw Declares Country, Creates 21 Provinces!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.