Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. (11612 Views)

How You Draw Close To God During This Lockdown / Draw Close To God, And He Will Draw Close To You : Do You Have A New Year Resolu / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
1 John 1:6-7
[6]If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
[7]But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2021
O secret place of my dwelling...

O spirit that houses my body...

You dwell in us and we in you...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2021
There is nothing in the world, only the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life is in the world. Life starts and end with Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:16
[16]For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Happy Sunday guys.

Dont forget to study the scriptures everyday. Make it a habit.

STAY WITH THE WORD.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by lilvicky68(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nuttella:
Happy Sunday guys.

STAY WITH THE WORD.
Happy Sunday too
You can still share some scriptures here too
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Happy Sunday too
Sure. I do share. If you have any, you can also share.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by BassReeves: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Nuttella:
A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God.

Father in the name of Jesus, by the holy spirit, I declare this thread open in Jesus name. Amen.

Nuttella:
Happy Sunday guys.

STAY WITH THE WORD.

lilvicky68:
Happy Sunday too

Nuttella:
Sure. I do share. If you have any, you can also share.
James 4:8
'Come close to God [with a contrite heart] and He will come close to you.
Wash your hands, you sinners; and purify your [unfaithful] hearts, you double-minded [people]
'

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
Your enemy is not the person you are seeing face to face, your enemy is the demon/spirit working through them, satan uses people to get to you, they are just vessels unto him, so you pray against the spirit working through them, the earlier we understand this, the better.

Ephesians 6:12
[12]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Ayo081(m): 1:28am On Sep 21, 2021
Nuttella:
Your enemy is not the person you are seeing face to face, your enemy is the demon/spirit working through them, satan uses people to get to you, they are just vessels unto him, so you pray against the spirit working through them, the earlier we understand this, the better.

Ephesians 6:12
[12]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Absolutely, Christ in his infinite knowledge showed us:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Matthew 5:43‭-‬45 NIV

If not he'll ask us to go tooth for tooth.

Thank you, I needed to reflect on this again.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2021
Ayo081:

Absolutely, Christ in his infinite knowledge showed us:

If not he'll ask us to go tooth for tooth.

Thank you, I needed to reflect on this again.
Yes. You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
As a born again believer who has the holy spirit dwelling in you, your righteousness is not a filthy rag.

2 Corinthians 5:21
[21]For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
It's always better and best to pray with the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by judedwriter(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nuttella:
It's always better and best to pray with the scriptures.

A simple prayer: father, bless me In Jesus name,

can do wonders if prayed very well with faith.

It's a scriptural prayer which jabez and Jacob prayed.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
judedwriter:

A simple prayer: father, bless me In Jesus name,

can do wonders if prayed very well with faith.

It's a scriptural prayer which jabez and Jacob prayed.
Sure. Using scriptures during spiritual warfare is very effective.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2021
The more you know who you are in Christ, the more you know who you are as a member of Christ, the more you see more results of the authority you have in Christ Jesus, satan doesn't want us to know these things, that you are seated with Christ at the right hand of the father in heavenly places, on a throne far above evey principality, might and dominion. Let this be your reality, let this sink inside of you as you meditate on it always. When Christ was raised from the dead, he brought us(SONS) into the place of glory.

Hallelujah!!

Ephesians 2:5-6
[5]Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink
[6]And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
Fruit of the holyspirit. Let your life as a believer mirror these fruits of the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
As a believer, whenever you are feeling carnal or getting drawn to the things of the world, please pray for long and the carnality will be subdued. There is something that tarrying long in prayer does to your spirit man, it suffers the flesh and quickens your spiritman, when the flesh is weak(due to spiritual exercise), the spiritman becomes strong.

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2021
Always meditate on scriptures.

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
We are not serving God for bread but for who he is.

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
Romans 1:16
[16]For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
True talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 11, 2021
The battle is in your mind, the mind is a battlefield. If the devil can get through your mind, he has won you, he doesn't need to fight you physically, that is why you should be careful and guard your heart, filter things you behold and things you listen to or watch, cause the devil is roaring around looking for who to devour, and how foes he do it by influencing your thoughts and your mind.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
[4](For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
[5]Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

David said in Psalm 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before my eyes.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
No matter how spiritual you think you are, if you keep feeding your eyes with those immoral pictures and secular movies, you will keep battling with the spirit of lust in your mind because the mind is a battlefield. The devil doesn't fight you physically, he fights your thoughts and your mind. The battle is in your mind. The devil has influenced a lot of people in the media.

Guard your hearts my dear friends, filter what you hear and watch.

The only thing that you eyes should behold on a daily is the word of God, to be word-minded is to be spiritually minded. The word will help you keep a pure mind and heart.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
If you watch enough hentai, the desire for real women will be replaced with the warmth only a anime girl can provide.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
I am a new creation. Old things have passed away. I have received the spirit of sonship, I sit together with Christ in heavenly places, I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, I am saved by grace alone not by my work lest I should boast, I am seated with Christ at the right hand of the father in heavenly places, my location in the realm of the spirit is Zion, I am currently in Zion. This is my reality in Christ Jesus.

Glory!!!
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
God loves you more than you love yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
No amount of casting, binding and warfare prayers will make the spirit of lust to leave you alone if you are still beholding sexual contents, no matter how subtle it is whether pictures, videos etc, the devil is very tricky and we need to be as wise as a serpent, you cannot be tempted with what you do not think, this is the pure truth, you don't defeat lust by doing only warfare prayers, you renew your mind, avoid sexual pictures and movies, stay with the word, meditate on the word, the spirit of lust will run away from you, the bible says resist the devil and he will flee from you, resistant is active, so long as we are on this earth, we will keep resisting the devil and his wiles..

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
We love you Jesus.
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Never underestimate the benefit of praying in tongues for hours, praying in tongues for hours build you up (Jude 1:20), he that pray in an unknown tongues edifies himself(1 cor 14:4), edify means to build, when you tarry longer, you are able to transport some realities to this our natural realm and you can only do that by consistent prayers.

Have a consistent prayer life.

I bind any demon hellbent on pouring cold water on your prayer altar in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
Romans 6:6
[6]Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by judedwriter(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2021
Nuttella:
Never underestimate the benefit of praying in tongues for hours, praying in tongues for hours build you up (Jude 1:20), he that pray in an unknown tongues edifies himself(1 cor 14:4), edify means to build, when you tarry longer, you are able to transport some realities to this our natural realm and you can only do that by consistent prayers.

Have a consistent prayer life.

I bind any demon hellbent on pouring cold water on your prayer altar in Jesus name, Amen.

One thing I have discovered is that praying constantly in tongues opens you up to your destiny.

But it's not automatic. The more you pray in tongues and read your Bible, the more your destiny is opened to you. Romans 8:27
Re: A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Brethren, present you bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:1
[1]I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. / How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / It's Christmas Eve! Share Your Experience So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.