Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria (19610 Views)

COVID-19 Update For January 17 2022 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For January 15 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For January 8 2021 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by TruthSeeker1: 2:30am On Jan 18, 2021
tuzle:
Lagos covid case is scary

If Lagos covid-19 case is scary, what then would you say about the cases in countries like USA, Brazil, India, Mexico, UK, even SA?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by friendl: 2:44am On Jan 18, 2021
Most lagisians are ill ,..... haven't you noticed ,....fever ,dry cough is everywhere
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by mrkings84(m): 2:56am On Jan 18, 2021
Has it gotten to that?
Is that not a figure in the Bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by mika1123: 3:05am On Jan 18, 2021
The overall death rate from the latest COVID-19 is 2.4times higher for blacks than for whites ,and 2.2 times higher for Asians and Latinos.https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/?arc404=true
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Mulisana: 3:15am On Jan 18, 2021
CDC researchers analyzed the genetic code of virus samples collected from three dozen infected New Yorkers in early March and found that most of the early cases of these coronaviruses can be traced back to Europe. This also confirms what many researchers have said: by implementing mitigation measures such as travel bans, suspension of classes and suspension orders, New York City is spreading widely in the community.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Godishelp: 3:21am On Jan 18, 2021
please help a brother in need, my landlord has threatened to throw me out tomorrow. am owing one year rent. I have been feeding from hand to mouth for months now since I lost my job. please I need your widows mite to gather something reasonable to appease him. please am depressed, frustrated and helpless. UBA 2066177700
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Digmygold: 3:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Ddokie:
And they are reopening schools. Are these people OK?

You can not beat your chest and say the lockdown didn't help.

Do you know what the level of spread would have been if there was never a lock-down?

Is the rising case of infection and death not because we are operating business as usual?

Corona no dey kill plenty people, but nobody sabi who e go kill.

Activities should be limited to the barest necessities. Offices should run shifts same as markets. Students should stay at home. If they lose one session, e no go kill them. Afterall the average Nigerian graduate stays at home for upwards of 3 years before he gets a job so what is the rush for.

Since the vaccine would be readily available within the next 6 to 12 months, things can be slowed down in anticipation for such a time when most people especially the most vulnerable would have gotten the vaccine.

Life no get duplicate.

Why is the Nigerian government not investing in virtual learning so the children dont miss out on school like their foreign counterparts? That way they will be safe at home and learn from home.its only when it comes to draining money from Nigerians via taxes that they want to copy foreign countries. Misplaced priorities i guess.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Zyrac: 3:46am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by AFONJACOW(m): 4:11am On Jan 18, 2021
Audio Corona
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 4:21am On Jan 18, 2021
Arrowss:

Did you know nobody has mentioned any name of COVID 19 patients, just like you did, you sed you friend so, why dint you tell him to mention the names? That's what we hear about, who are the ppl? Anonymous! Before we kW it, one or two ppl will come out and say they have COVID 19, as if they won lottery, before we kW it, next week they are negative, but if they are to say its some other ppl that have it, they won't say names, why? Medic etiquettes? Then why do we see pics of accidents victim 's brains on the road, blood, rapist pics, armed robbers, cyber criminals and the likes, why is it that its COVID 19 patients we don't see or their names are withheld? Then there is a problem somewhere.

So I would have ignored if I wasn't affected by this Covid. On December 24th I was confirmed positive for Covid-19 via PCR testing. I had the most horrible Christmas in memory. I don't want to go into details.of the symptoms but it was brutal. Myself and my partner both tested positive and had to be caring for each other. That's one.

Last week Saturday my mother in law tested positive via Rapid Testing and we tried to treat her at home. By this Saturday that just went by, her oxygen saturation had dropped to 77% and we had to rush her to a hospital. She's currently on CPAP and in an ICU and we are looking to God. So to seat down wherever you are and say Covid is a scam is not only disappointing it's very sad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by IamDavid(m): 4:29am On Jan 18, 2021
You sound like a good person, but you're not. You don't put yourself in others' position. See your mouth like if they lose a session... They already lost a session, should they lose another? Is that how to manage crisis? I'm sure you're neither a student nor someone whose means of livelihood is around the school system. I even thought you'd suggest something smart like online learning and all but you just messed yourself up. Do we need to say again, how every other sector is coping well here in Nigeria, churches and mosques are open, markets are open, polytechnics and even private universities are open. Why should the federal universities suffer? You think tertiary education is battered in other countries because of the pandemic? Do your research. Even countries that are more affected did not stop running schools. They don't loose sessions. No country that is concerned about her growth will handle education in such a manner.
You need a paradigm shift in ideology!
Ddokie:

Do you know what the level of spread would have been if there was never a lock-down?

Is the rising case of infection and death not because we are operating business as usual?

Activities should be limited to the barest necessities. Offices should run shifts same as markets. Students should stay at home. If they lose one session, e no go kill them. Afterall the average Nigerian graduate stays at home for upwards of 3 years before he gets a job so what is the rush for.

Since the vaccine would be readily available within the next 6 to 12 months, things can be slowed down in anticipation for such a time when most people especially the most vulnerable would have gotten the vaccine.

Life no get duplicate.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by alphaRego01(m): 4:32am On Jan 18, 2021
I no get energy to write much.but over 50% of this covid news we do get daily,ITS A LIE

for those who keep on potraying fear in the society,be very grateful to God that u still have a good means of survival.if not,u wont come and be talking what u urself know nothing about.that is how b4 they say coro kill anyhow,now that peoples eyes are opening,they hav now said its another strain.RUBBISH.ALL RUBBISH.

I have a question for us africans,if oyibo people dont us technology to tame us africans,wat else can they use?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by IamDavid(m): 4:33am On Jan 18, 2021
airsaylongcome:

So I would have ignored if I wasn't affected by this Covid. On December 24th I was confirmed positive for Covid-19 via PCR testing. I had the most horrible Christmas in memory. I don't want to go into details.of the symptoms but it was brutal. Myself and my partner both tested positive and had to be caring for each other. That's one.

Last week Saturday my mother in law tested positive via Rapid Testing and we tried to treat her at home. By this Saturday that just went by, her oxygen saturation had dropped to 77% and we had to rush her to a hospital. She's cu3on CPAP and in an ICU and we are looking to God. So to seat down wherever you are and say Covid is a scam is not only disappointing it's very sad.
Sorry about this sir. May God grant your mother inlaw speedy recovery. I used to be indifferent about covid until I followed a patient to the isolation centre, but we thank God. May God heal our land.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by MalaikaEH(f): 4:41am On Jan 18, 2021
The figures will continue like this with Lagos and Abuja leading until they listen and close the airports, or at least, ban flights From high risk countries.

Coming out once in a while to release names of travelers who you suspend their travel documents for six months because they refuse tests is not the solution. Meanwhile, those people are allowed to mix up with the populace. Let us thank God that Covid19 is not as deadly in Africa as it is in Western world.

Another Thing, govt should stop the attitude of rushing to close schools. Covid19 did not start in a school, but at a Wuhan market as we heard. They should close boarders, airports and markets. French schools are still open not minding their lockdown due to second wave. That is example of a country that values education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by sameks08(m): 4:42am On Jan 18, 2021
over 3500 discharged in a day weyrey fear dan catch me

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Babastrong(m): 4:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Pls is the covid real or the figures are fake?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by ChiefS(m): 4:56am On Jan 18, 2021
Ddokie:

Life no get duplicate.
Very correct. Even if school s are opening in other states Lagos should wait till the end of the month before resuming. In the interim, there should be a ban on social gatherings for at least 2 weeks. Offices should run shift. Businesses should remain open but with strict compliance to Covid-19 protocols. Curfew should be from 10 pm to 4am. We should do everything possible to stop the numbers from increasing. We are fast losing the elderly amongst us.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 5:15am On Jan 18, 2021
IamDavid:

Sorry about this sir. May God grant your mother inlaw speedy recovery. I used to be indifferent about covid until I followed a patient to the isolation centre, but we thank God. May God heal our land.

Thank you very much for your kind words. A lot of young people are careless about Covid because it seemingly does not kill young people. But when you are "young" and have elderly ones you need to do all in your powers to protect them. They did all they could to protect us from killer childhood diseases like polio and small pox. Now is the time to return that favour.

Covid is real an is wrecking havoc especially in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:17am On Jan 18, 2021
TeacherAnas:
They just want to maintain the lead. Corona ventures is the simplest way of getting monies these days. Celebrities, athletics, government officials and any other reknown persons do advertises corona why the advertisements? After all there are Cancer diabetes epilepsy malaria and other deadly diseases killing innocent people. Stop this shit now and concentrate in developing our health system.

Ignorance again. Maintain which lead?

Are you following the global figures at all?

And you really going to compare the mortality of cancer, diabetes, epilepsy with covid?? shocked

Pls don't spread false info.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:29am On Jan 18, 2021
Why are they reopening schools when the index is so high? What's wrong with this government? Our children are important to us please.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by saintgwizard(m): 5:29am On Jan 18, 2021
Ddokie:

Life no get duplicate.

Did lockdown work? No it did not. We had less than 500 cases when we went into the first lockdown and relaxed when we crossed 5000. A measure is said to be effective when it reduces or eliminates the problem. That is not the case. Secondly if a lockdown is going to be "effective" it means it should be in place until no singular case is recorded in the country for a period of not less than 28days. That will take over 5 years to achieve. Can a country be locked down for that long?

Coming to the vaccine (not a vaccine by the definition of a vaccine), is will not take a way lockdowns, social distancing and wearing of masks, why? Pfizer and Moderna have clearly stated that it will not protect you from getting it or spreading it but will only reduce COVID 19 complications in 94% of cases. So 6 out of 100 can still have the complications and possibly die, which is not different from the case without vaccines.

Another point of note, is the immunity from the vaccine is expected to last for 5 months. Meaning that everyone will be expected to take the "vaccine" at least once in a year.

Before the vaccine will be so much in circulation, touching all the villages in Asia, South America and Africa, it will take another up to 5 years.

Conclusively, lockdown is no way to go and the coming vaccine is not the solution we think it is. COVID is far from over. It will only be over the day the people come to terms that the narratives around COVID do not add up.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 5:29am On Jan 18, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Last week Saturday my mother in law tested positive via Rapid Testing and we tried to treat her at home. By this Saturday that just went by, her oxygen saturation had dropped to 77% and we had to rush her to a hospital. She's cu3on CPAP and in an ICU and we are looking to God. So to seat down wherever you are and say Covid is a scam is not only disappointing it's very sad.

Sending a virtual hug to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Iseoluwa2050(m): 5:33am On Jan 18, 2021
This is getting worse and scary cryThis is getting worse and scary

Oh Lord have more Mercy upon all

it is only God will go dey beg oooooh

1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 5:42am On Jan 18, 2021
saintgwizard:

Did lockdown work? No it did not. We had less than 500 cases when we went into the first lockdown and relaxed when we crossed 5000. A measure is said to be effective when it reduces or eliminates the problem. That is not the case. Secondly if a lockdown is going to be "effective" it means it should be in place until no singular case is recorded in the country for a period of not less than 28days. That will take over 5 years to achieve. Can a country be locked down for that long?

Coming to the vaccine (not a vaccine by the definition of a vaccine), is will not take a way lockdowns, social distancing and wearing of masks, why? Pfizer and Moderna have clearly stated that it will not protect you from getting it or spreading it but will only reduce COVID 19 complications in 94% of cases. So 6 out of 100 can still have the complications and possibly die, which is not different from the case without vaccines.

Another point of note, is the immunity from the vaccine is expected to last for 5 months. Meaning that everyone will be expected to take the "vaccine" at least once in a year.

Before the vaccine will be so much in circulation, touching all the villages in Asia, South America and Africa, it will take another up to 5 years.

Conclusively, lockdown is no way to go and the coming vaccine is not the solution we think it is. COVID is far from over. It will only be over the day the people come to terms that the narratives around COVID do not add up.

You are instinctively evil. You are cold and calculative. Your thinking is like Donald Trump. You care more about business than people. You don't give a bloody ass as long as is not your ass that's on the line.

So we shouldn't do anything. We should wait till fools like you comes to terms that the narratives around Covid-19 do not add up. We shouldn't lock down. We should not strive for vaccine.

And I know you will be a very religious person.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by greatness77: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2021
grin
References:
1444 New COVID-19 Cases, 3950 Discharged And 15 Deaths On January 16

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1350939046059630596?s=19

where are those SCAMDEMIC CREW I'm no longer seeing their comments or one of dem have contracted d virus, cheesy
References:
1444 New COVID-19 Cases, 3950 Discharged And 15 Deaths On January 16

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1350939046059630596?s=19

where are those SCAMDEMIC CREW I'm no longer seeing their comments or one of dem have contracted d virus,
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Neddstark: 6:13am On Jan 18, 2021
silaswills01:

Screw you
The lockdown didn't do shit
Rather made life more miserable for Nigerians of which we re yet to even recover from

See if you wish as a student don't ever resume school we don't give a shit
Talking of session
You dey craze ?
Na two session you want make students miss
Did you know how it would permanently destroy the fragile educational sector
We have to adapt
Closing of schools once again would do more harm than good

So better respect your sorry ass
And better keep the lockdown crap to yourself

You should have seen the wisdom in the last statement "Life no get duplicate". Before you get verbose on me, please simply google the daily cOVID19 deaths in US. Then google the one in UK. Then ask yourself why the one in overpopulated Nigeria should be taken as a joke.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Neddstark: 6:18am On Jan 18, 2021
airsaylongcome:

God is with your mother in law. She will pull through this successfully.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Bruc89(m): 6:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Like seriously
tuzle:
Lagos covid case is scary
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 6:19am On Jan 18, 2021
Neddstark:

God is with your mother in law. She will pull through this successfully.

Amen! Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 6:21am On Jan 18, 2021
luvmijeje:

Sending a virtual hug to you and your family.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by BENARI: 6:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Ddokie:

Life no get duplicate.

God bless you. I created a thread pushing your arguement, and all I got was insults. Even the people who bought into my argument only liked the post but couldn't lend their voice.

Well, for me , Safety comes first. My kids would be home schooled until we can clearly see where we are headed with this virus. I cannot expose myself and entire family to risk if I can afford not to.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria by Dharniel600(m): 6:26am On Jan 18, 2021
Whiteshield:

Lagos has more than 16M people. What is the total number of those in Cross River, Ebonyi, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom combined together?
Cos we for south south dey always play safe. All those northern states with less number of population is even competing with Lagos for top spot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serrapeptase May Be Good For Endometriosis And Cysts / Cure Premature Ejaculaion And Infertility Using Quail Eggs / Segun Arinze: Doreen Hospital Refused To Treat Unconscious Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.