Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage (19341 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: Unblocking SIM Cards Require Linkage - NCC / NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Government Moves NIN-SIM Linkage Deadline To April 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by kayjay69(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hi dear.
NaijaOlosho:
What a useless country
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Drenix(m): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Make I even borrow credit self.

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Brushstrokes20: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
..... So that covid can claim more lives...

Blood thirsty govt of brainless analogue rulers!
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by ipobarethieves: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
grin cheesy wink outdated minister grin sad grin cheesy.Useless, worthless, Miserable pipu.Abeg,make 22 days reach,make dem block me.Nah MTN,Glo, AIRTEL go suffer am.Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by bigcee(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
lekki1444:
I got my NIN last week. cost me 10,000 naira bribe
Did mine for 5k. Yeye people cheesy
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by lekki1444: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
bigcee:

Did mine for 5k. Yeye people cheesy
am telling you bro. that was my food money too. now am drinking garri and ekpa for the next month undecided
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by BlackFlamefromP: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Why are people going through all these stress?

I just successfully linked all my active phone numbers this morning though the NIMC app I downloaded from playstore without any stress. I also got a digital National ID card from the app.

I advise you guys to download the NIMC app. it will make your life easier.

If you are waiting for your network operator to link your phone number to your NIN you may wait forever!

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by goody234: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
why is this country so backward ...just do it online upload your id simple ...you want to run before you crawl ..if you had the tech in place why send people to line up in the middle of this covid wahala

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by amaham(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
ISA PATANI is looking like a scam
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by ostechno(m): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
dre11:
• Telecoms operators say it makes it difficult to measure progress

• Decry slow backend integration with NIMC facilities

• FG stops enrolment at Abuja NIMC office

https://m.guardian.ng/news/outdated-nimc-facilities-stalling-nin-sim-linkage/
Stupid, I thought they wanted to give Nigerians 2 weeks, when they themself get problem wey no get face
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Ezmans: 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
inoki247:
Analog Government...

If dem don tire dem go find reasonable solutions not telling people to goan queue and catch Covid 19 for free...

what will it cost them to make a directive that if you've an existing recognized ID like international passport, Driver's license or Voter's Card make dem have portal and tell the owner to create an account and upload his or her ID and also do a Selfie to verify is the owner of the ID and you tell him to check back in next 7 working days or so for you to get is Data from the ministry wey dey in charge of the ID he submitted from there you generate him an NiN number...

Simple Logic and simple solution....
dead on arrival
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Bossman(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
I said it from day 1, that the systems are not integrated in any way, so there has to be some manual intervention, which will make this a very difficult task to achieve. When we a do the link via the Telcos portal, all that information resides on the Telco's database,. They have to manually send over that NIN information to NIMC for them to verify that it matches. Only then can they send their own confirmation. So the Telco to NIMC linkage and Vice-versa is a totally manual process. I am guessing Telcos send over the info in batches via a spreadsheet or so, and then NIMC responds back, by marking each record in the batch as validated or not. The easiest solution is for NIMC to open up their API, and allow the Telco's to update their on systems so that they can communicate and do the verification directly. This will take some time and thinking, get their IT departments together, and flush out the details. That's how systems are developed.
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
lekki1444:
I got my NIN last week. cost me 10,000 naira bribe
You are part of the problem of this country...if everyone decide not to give them bribe,Dem no go force anybody. You people are so annoying

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Obason22(m): 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
My national i.d card was issued to me in 2006, thoss it have any problem.
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by leo22(m): 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is what you get when an idea is conceived out of greed of selfishness. Because of the #EndSARS movement they want to insist on NIN so they can easily track people who disagree with them.
Politicians do not care about development, if the project will not increase their bank accounts or further impoverish the people they are not interested.

If NIN and other government projects are development driven we won't have abandoned white elephant projects costing billions of dollars (awarded yearly) yet with nothing to show for it and no direct benefit to the masses.

#NaWah

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by okorogodwin4(m): 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
Then who is fooling who Nigerian Government or the innocent people
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by lekki1444: 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Samson0599:

You are part of the problem of this country...if everyone decide not to give them bribe,Dem no go force anybody. You people are so annoying
bros I have family members who are the recipient of kickbacks. i cant get mad at the hustle. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

its called paying tributary in the bible. just make sure you do the job effectively
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Bossman(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
The NIMC app does not work for most. When I type in my NIN it shows the number linked to my NIN as Blank, and gives 2 options. Either to select the number is still linked and continue or, to select that the number is no longer linked and continue. Selecting option one displays an error message. Selecting option 2 asks you to visit an NIMC office. What a joke of an app! And that's when I try it after ours. During normal daytime hours, it just displays an error message right away. The app is far from functional!

BlackFlamefromP:

I just successfully linked all my active phone numbers this morning though the NIMC app I downloaded from playstore without any stress. I also got a digital National ID card from the app.

If you are waiting for your network operator to link your phone number to your NIN you may wait forever!

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by LZAA: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
imhotep:
Sai Mama.

cc lzaa
Where is Afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by folks4luv(f): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Thought they said they've verified 170million sim cards. Abi na audio verification?
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by folks4luv(f): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Were you able to download the digital ID card from the app?
BlackFlamefromP:

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
lekki1444:
bros I have family members who are the recipient of kickbacks. i cant get mad at the hustle. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

its called paying tributary in the bible. just make sure you do the job effectively
I see....you called collecting a bribe hussle? because your family members are also recipients
na wa oo
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by lekki1444: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Samson0599:

I see....you called collecting a bribe hussle? because your family members are also recipients
na wa oo
its just how things are done around here. i am sure if you worked at NIMC you will be charging people 50,000 naira to get it
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by lekki1444: 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:

i use glo. mine was easy. just call *190*your NIN number#

and its linked, SIMPLE
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by banio: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
A proces that will take two years or more of constant crowding of NIMC office is what they want to do in three months or less.
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Neoteny(m): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
Use the official NIMC app to link your numbers.
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
lekki1444:
its just how things are done around here. i am sure if you worked at NIMC you will be charging people 50,000 naira to get it
Like seriously,you are even proud saying this,It's ur like that makes me give up on corruption in this country....
Any money you collect out of people's sweat and wey dey no give you with happy mind na curse for your head,I hope you know that too
Please change this your mindset abeg

1 Like

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by BlackFlamefromP: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
The digital id is generated automatically once you successfully sign up on the app.

folks4luv:
Were you able to download the digital ID card from the app?
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by BlackFlamefromP: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
My own experience with the app was different though.

When I typed in my NIN it displayed some part of my phone number that is linked to the NIN and asked me to confirm if I'm still using the line which I selected yes.

It then sent an OTP and a code to the phone number which I typed in. That was it! The phone number was automatically linked and I then linked my other numbers by myself. I also noticed a digital National ID was automatically generated for me.

Bossman:
The app does not work for most. When I type in my NIN it shows the number linked to my NIN as Blank, and gives 2 options. Either to select the number is still linked and continue or, to select that the number is no longer linked and continue. Selecting option one displays an error message. Selecting option 2 asks you to visit an NIMC office. What a joke of an app! And that's when I try it after ours. During normal daytime hours, it just displays an error message right away. The app is far from functional!

Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by Betscoreodds: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage by RoRoo: 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
Analog Government...
If dem don tire dem go find reasonable solutions not telling people to goan queue and catch Covid 19 for free...
what will it cost them to make a directive that if you've an existing recognized ID like international passport, Driver's license or Voter's Card make dem have portal and tell the owner to create an account and upload his or her ID and also do a Selfie to verify is the owner of the ID and you tell him to check back in next 7 working days or so for you to get is Data from the ministry wey dey in charge of the ID he submitted from there you generate him an NiN number...
Simple Logic and simple solution...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians To Get 14-Day Grace To Roll Over Unused Data – NCC / Where Do You Keep Your Phone When You Sleep? / AMAZING!!!! Galaxy note 4 CUSTOM ROM (NOTE 7 PORT WITH All S8 Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.