Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed (923 Views)

Help! How Do I Upgrade My Score For The Canada Express Entry / The Canada They Won't Show Us, See Potholes On The Road, Nigerians React. PICS / Ways To Rank High In The Canada Express Entry Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by Getsaved(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2021
Good day friends, I need advice

I am planing to migrate to Canada. Since I needed a guide, I met someone ( an agent) who was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. My firiend is processing his visit to the UK with this agent too.

When I met him for the easiest and quickest way for me, he advise me to go through work - since I am a graduate and a sound tradesman in industrial electrical work.

He said the work package is geniune, that it was the Canadian government who made it available for people with good skills to move to Canada.

I do not know how true this is. And I would like to verify his words here so that I do not end up being deceived or cajoled into spending so much and at the end there was nothing like that.
Re: How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by oluolu23(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:

I am planing to migrate to Canada. Since I needed a guide, I met someone ( an agent) who was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. My firiend is processing his visit to the UK with this agent too.

When I met him for the easiest and quickest way for me, he advise me to go through work - since I am a graduate and a sound tradesman in industrial electrical work.

He said the work package is geniune, that it was the Canadian government who made it available for people with good skills to move to Canada.

I do not know how true this is. And I would like to verify his words here so that I do not end up being deceived or cajoled into spending so much and at the end there was nothing like that.
u no dey hear word abi , jumping from from one Canada thread to the other. continue.
Re: How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by Raph82(m): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
oluolu23:
u no dey hear word abi , jumping from from one Canada thread to the other. continue.
Lol! U won't kill person.
Re: How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by optimusprime2(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:

I will be honest with you, if you meet any agent that tells you he/she would "work out a Canadian work permit for you for a price" please walk away...

The way Canadian immigration programs are designed, at some point you will need to do something yourself, (An Agent will not write IELTS or TEF exam for you, you need to do it yourself) and achieving an 8Band overall IELTS score is something awesome that only you can do for yourself.

So please figure out how you can do it yourself for the most part...

What they don't emphasise enough for this Canadian Express Entry/PNP et al, is Canada is looking for a specific set of skills, not just your job experience (basically they know what they want)...

1- The system lays emphasis on young people (above 30 years, you lose points)

2- Language adaptability (simply score 8 and above in the IELTS and you gain precious points)

3- Educational skills (Msc and above from accredited universities gives you extra points)

4- LMIA -Get a Canadian job offer and you get monster points

If you know your profile doesn't match or can't relate to nos1-4, then please don't bother doing it, forget agent abi secret agent ni, or find another decent country to migrate to, it must not be Canada. Don't let any agent take advantage of your desperation and hussle up wahala for you (and you pay for it).

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by Getsaved(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
optimusprime2:

I will be honest with you, if you meet any agent that tells you he/she would "work out a Canadian work permit for you for a price" please walk away...

The way Canadian immigration programs are designed, at some point you will need to do something yourself, (An Agent will not write IELTS or TEFL exam for you, you need to do it yourself) and achieving an 8Band overall IELTS score is something awesome that only you can do for yourself.

What they don't emphasise enough for this Canadian Express Entry/PNP et al, is Canada is looking for a specific set of skills, not just your job experience (basically they know what they want)...

2- Language adaptability (simply score 8 and above in the IELTS and you gain precious points)

3- Educational skills (Msc and above from accredited universities gives you extra points)

If you know your profile doesn't match or can't relate to nos1-4, then please don't bother doing it, forget agent abi secret agent ni, or find another decent country to migrate to, it must not be Canada. Don't let any agent take advantage of your desperation and hussle up wahala for you (and you pay for it).

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate.
Re: How True Is This About The Canada ? - Candid Advice Needed by Fahdiga(m): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2021
optimusprime2:

The way Canadian immigration programs are designed, at some point you will need to do something yourself, (An Agent will not write IELTS or TEFL exam for you, you need to do it yourself) and achieving an 8Band overall IELTS score is something awesome that only you can do for yourself.

God bless you sir

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Canada// Saving Lifestyle In Canada / Green Africa Delays Entry-into-service To August 2021; Suspends Future Bookings / Lokoja Blocked, How Do I Reach Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.