Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage (1528 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / I Think My Wife Is A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
Till date there actually has never been any real concrete reasons why polygamy is bad or wrong. Infact recents statistic has shown that monogamy causes more heartbreak, everyone lives in pretense. Most of their arguments are Orogun, kids will lack basic amenities, they will use juju on each other bla bla bla... nothing concrete! We all in African accepted monogamy cos we’ve been brainwashed it’s the white mans way and we all see the white mans way superior thanks to great years of colonialism and mass brainwashing propaganda through the media and all.

As a man, the advantages of polygamy for us men especially is more than the disadvantages
The real type of marriage is what our grandfathers and grandmothers practiced. Monogamy is very flawed once you know your means can handle polygamy, do it. All thanks to modernity; the kind of exposure our grand parents all had was little, now this is 2021, polygamy has taken a rebranding. Think of situations where you have 3 professors as wives...endless opportunities abounds. There is a woman for every man, if your salary is 20k a Month, marry women you can both manage with your little resources with contentment.

Most of us who had bad experiences with polygamy if closely observed would see it’s because resources was low and the exposure women had back then was low unlike these days...there is nothing like unconditional love anyway, we should all stop pretending!! Right from the olden days, marriage had been all about what we can both get from each other. There is no such thing as unconditional love, if there be maybe Gods loves for mankind. Human being kind of love had always been all about what we can get from the relationship( business deal). Our fathers get married then cos they are ready to take care of some responsibilities.

It’s a fact that our forefathers live long to 200 years of age, if polygamy was as bad as they portray it to be then they shouldn’t have lived that long. Any one with superior arguments aside hearsays, why polygamy is bad should come out. Polygamy is the best type of marriage, the whites man- one man-one wife is wrong, idealistic but not practicable in the best concept of reality, also. Everybody live fake life. Deep down you guys are bored just in time also demographic statistics, population had shown the population of women are 4x higher than the men’s population. Now those wey remain for ground who go marry them? Since we want to be practicing Monogamy of the Whites. I laugh at all those feminists. Women supporting women but y’all be fucking another woman’s husband..so much for the women supporting other women movement. Hypocrisy is killing us in African. We deceive ourselves too much

As a man if your financial capacity could handle it then marry two or more wives and even with that 20k monthly salary you can still marry two wives also, just go way below your means. There is a woman for every man

Mynd44
Peepydelano

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Also in Yoruba settings, DNA is actually not an issue cos the Yoruba culture back in the olden days, allows an indispose elder brother ask his younger brother come in to satisfy the sexual gratification of his wife, whatever kids comes out of this intercourses belongs to the elder brother and the younger brother has no fucking right to say those kids belongs to him. Not sure if this is still in practice but I do hear my father tell us about this traditions. There is peace of mind and life expectancy rate was high unlike now, you marry one wife gan, you can’t boldly beat your chest that you’re the only one fucking your wife. We should all stop pretending.
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by JaneYave(f): 10:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
What a thinking!
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by VEXT: 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
You kind of right,, I find it strange for a woman to deny her man of sex, give him conditions before he have sex with her... Which is abnormal... Like a case of a prostitute demanding for money before sex... If the man decides to go out and have this sex, his wife is depriving of. Every one including the wife,will now see him as the devil ..
But in the case of polygamy,the man is the king. The women fight to have his attention ...They beg him to have sex with them...See him as their lord...

Damn marriage na scam, if no be say na kids I wnt get, I for no marry...

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 19, 2021
VEXT:
You kind of right,, I find it strange for a woman to deny her man of sex, give him conditions before he have sex with her... Which is abnormal... Like a case of a prostitute demanding for money before sex... If the man decides to go out and have this sex, his wife is depriving of. Every one including the wife,will now see him as the devil ..
But in the case of polygamy,the man is the king. The women fight to have his attention ...They beg him to have sex with them...See him as their lord...

Damn marriage na scam, if no be say na kids I wnt get, I for no marry...
I feel our grandfathers old ways of marriage is the best. This has always worked for them. This distinction is what separates us from them. Polygamy works inasmuch you marry within your means.

We should all stop pretending. Either way a man can chose to practice formal or informal polygamy. Most have one wife but harems of other women they date and have sexual relationship with. Who are we deceiving?

3 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Mindlog: 4:10am On Jan 19, 2021
Enough of this misrepresentation on the population of women to men.

OP, please post the link to any United Nations or any other globally recognized institution's data on population distribution that shows the total female population is 4 times of men (80% to 20%) because imaginary statistics is FAKE NEWS!

Even the 2006 census proves otherwise. Going by your statistics of 4:1, if Nigeria's present population is 200 million it then means we now have 160 million females to 40 million males.......such faulty reasoning! angry

Misuse of statistics is needed to push narratives that are not evidenced based.

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 4:15am On Jan 19, 2021
What of polyandry?

Anyway let me just stick to what you've said:

Don’t see anything wrong with if all participants are consenting and there’s no FORCED weird, oppressive, perverse power imbalance that ends up benefiting only the guy.

If you can find willing people without having to go about it in a problematic way e.g. threatening, coercion, springing the idea on your partner (who was given the impression by you that they would be in a monogamous union) randomly one day

If you can somehow manage it in a practical, FAIR (whatever fair is from ALL the participants’ viewpoint) way to work with all the laws/legal frameworks associated (assuming you're in a place where it's legal) for ALL parties involved and also consented to by ALL parties involved

But if you can't guarantee ALL of this then please leave pOlYgAmY alone
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 19, 2021
1. God created Adam and Eve; not Adam, Eve, and Yves.

2. Your claim that, "demographic statistics, population had shown the population of women are 4x higher than the men’s population" is totally false. There are more men out there in the world than there are women, and Nigeria is no exception.

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 4:53am On Jan 19, 2021
Mindlog:

OP, please post the link to any United Nations or any other globally recognized institution's data on population distribution that shows the total female population is 4 times of men (80% to 20%) because imaginary statistics is FAKE NEWS!

Even the 2006 census proves otherwise. Going by your statistics of 4:1, if Nigeria's present population is 200 million it then means we now have 160 million female to 40 million males.......such faulty reasoning! angry

aroundtheearth:

2. Your claim that, "demographic statistics, population had shown the population of women are 4x higher than the men’s population" is totally false. There are more men out there than there are women in the world, and Nigeria is no exception.
They will cling to those beer parlour statistics till the end of time lol don’t mind them

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2021
Mindlog:

Even the 2006 census proves otherwise. Going by your statistics of 4:1, if Nigeria's present population is 200 million it then means we now have 160 million females to 40 million males.......such faulty reasoning! angry

The number of men and women in Nigeria is roughly equal, though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2020). More precisely, out of 1,000 people in Nigeria, 504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%). For every 100 girls, 106 boys are born, but males have higher risks of dying than females, both in childhood and at adulthood, lots of men are locked up in the jail at greater number than the female folks. What about the maturity parameters, women are much more earlier than men. At age 35 years a man is not ready to be a family man in Nigeria unlike the female folks here. So when women are ready men are not ready who will marry the available women? Maybe you women should advocate same sex marriage cos as this world they go so, na there we go latter branch.

At a certain age, the numbers of men and women even out, the female population double out the number of male. In France for example this occurs at age 25. Beyond this age, women outnumber men and the numerical difference between the two sexes increases with age. In France, eight centenarians in ten are women (in 2020).

It would be an unjust blinded opinion to say the great World War One and Two Didnt impact men’s population all around the world, even COVID . COVID kills more men than women. I for one believe most statistics is project to favor men based on men’s control of the system. Those their husbands died, those their husbands got jailed, who’s going to provide solace to these women? Somethings are not backed statistically but you can’t dispute it reality.
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2021
aroundtheearth:

2. Your claim that, "demographic statistics, population had shown the population of women are 4x higher than the men’s population" is totally false. There are more men out there in the world than there are women, and Nigeria is no exception.

At a point men’s population even out and increasingly get surpassed by the female folks all thanks to war, diseases, financial pressure etc.

By mid-October, the coronavirus had killed almost 17,000 more American men than women, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Those widowed now, who will provide them the Emotional support they need in such a family settings ?
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Mindlog: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

The number of men and women in Nigeria is roughly equal, though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2020). More precisely, out of 1,000 people in Nigeria, 504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%). For every 100 girls, 106 boys are born, but males have a higher risk of dying than females, both in childhood and at adult ages, most are locked up in the jail at greater number than the female folks

So at a certain age, the numbers of men and women even out, the female population double out the number of male. In France for example this occurs at age 25. Beyond this age, women outnumber men and the numerical difference between the two sexes increases with age. In France, eight centenarians in ten are women (in 2020).

It would be an unjust blinded opinion to say the great World War One and Two Didnt impact men’s population all around the world, even COVID . COVID kills more men than women. I for one believe most statistics is project to favor men based on men’s control of the system. Those their husbands died, those their husbands got jailed, who’s going to provide solace to these women? Somethings are not backed statistically but you can’t dispute it reality.

Biologically, females have an edge over males when it comes to survival through lifespan as we tend to lose more boys between conception and age 5 when compared to girls.

For Nigeria to slightly have more males than females despite the infant mortality, death through poor health-seeking behaviours, more exposed to dangerous situations etc, negates the misconception that fewer males are born as always being projected.

Regarding the OP's ratio of 4:1, I may want to look at it from the angle of the society placing a higher threshold for men to be regarded as being able to raise a family. For example, if out of 5 million Nigerian men between the ages of 29-34 who are in the bracket of starting a family but when sieved through societal expectation of having a steady means of livelihood, able to rent/own a house, fend for wife and children, not being incarcerated etc about 1 million or less may scale the societal "cut off mark" and it is from this small pool that millions of Nigerian women prefer fishing from thus the slang husband dey scarce even when men are more than women in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2021
Mindlog:

Biologically, females have an edge over males when it comes to survival through lifespan as we tend to lose more boys between conception and age 5 when compared to girls.

For Nigeria to slightly have more males than females despite the infant mortality, death through poor health-seeking behaviours, more exposed to dangerous situations etc, negates the misconception that fewer males are born as always being projected.

Regarding the OP's ratio of 4:1, I may want to look at it from the angle of the society placing a higher threshold for men to be regarded as being able to raise a family. For example, if out of 5 million Nigerian men between the ages of 29-34 who are in the bracket of starting a family but when sieved through societal expectation of having a steady means of livelihood, able to rent/own a house, fend for wife and children, not being incarcerated etc about 1 million or less may scale the societal "cut off mark" and it is from this small pool that millions of Nigerian women prefer fishing from thus the slang husband dey scarce even when men are more than women in Nigeria. cheesy

Hey look the reality is what I’ve told you; trying to shift the discuss won’t solve anything. Enough of the illusion. Societal pressure has made lot of men lose their lives. Don’t you get it? It makes men competes against themselves. You women also had made lots of men die and indispose thanks y’all ulterior motive y’all women movement are pushing to project.

A fact is a fact; women population is more than the mens population by 2-3 folds thanks to the harsh societal pressure. And societal pressure will continue cos it’s what is it. Those wey their husbands come die vis societal pressure who go come marry them? Won’t they cheat with another man to satisfy their sexual demands? Or you will ask them to be celibate forever that their husbands is dead? I
Abi wetin you Dey yarn so ?

1 Like

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Mindlog: 8:54am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

Hey look the reality is what I’ve told you; trying to shift the discuss won’t solve anything. Enough of the illusion. Societal pressure has made lot of men lose their lives. Don’t you get it? You women also has made lots of men die and indispose thanks y’all ulterior motive y’all women movement are pushing to project.

A fact is a fact; women population is more than the mens population by 2-3 folds thanks to the harsh societal pressure. And societal pressure will continue cos it’s what is it. Those wey their husbands come die vis societal pressure who go come marry them? Won’t they cheat with another man to satisfy their sexual demands? Or you will ask them to be celibate forever that their husbands is dead? I
Abi wetin you Dey yarn so ?

The "reality" is women population is more than the men population by 2-3 folds while the numbers from Nigeria Population Commission and Nigerian Bureau of Station are "illusions" cheesy cheesy cheesy

Imaginary statistics is always used as a defense mechanism! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 19, 2021
ibkayee:

They will cling to those beer parlour statistics till the end of time lol don’t mind them

Polygamy is fun!! You’ve two or more female to please you and carry out your fantasy which might be having both or everyone of them make out with each other; it’s a fact that only women knows how to best to please themselves. Everyone is satisfied at this threshold, other things being equal. You guys have no concrete argument to reason why Polygamy is bad!!

1 Like

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

Polygamy is fun!! You’ve two or more female to please you and carry out your fantasy which might be having both or everyone of them make out with each other; it’s a fact that only women knows how to best to please themselves. Everyone is satisfied at this threshold, other things being equal. You guys have no concrete argument to reason why Polygamy is bad!!
But I didn't say Polygamy was bad

I actually said I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's done a certain way

1 Like

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2021
Mindlog:

The "reality" is women population is more than the men population by 2-3 folds while the numbers from Nigeria Population Commission and Nigerian Bureau of Station are "illusions" cheesy cheesy cheesy

Imaginary statistics is always used as a defense mechanism! cheesy cheesy

Go and google the Nigeria Casualties/Death Commission and Nigeria Bureau of Casualties or Death then you will know you can’t compare statistics with Daily happening of course this is government statistics let’s come to the original statistics the lay man uses. Women are many than men, don’t doubt it. Do I have to open your head before you know men die daily from assassination, car accident, health failure(cos men lives way ward life the most, taking drugs and all kind of stuff, health wise women are kinda strong specie than men, you guys do monthly flows that keep your body regulated. Look all around you, count how many people died today, the ratio of men is higher, compare that to the 5 years statistics bullshit the government had on social media. Most governmental sponsored news/ statistics are always a Lie or misrepresentation . You’re eyes will be cleared !!!
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2021
ibkayee:

But I didn't say Polygamy was bad

I actually said I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's done a certain way
Your slight support to mindlog narrative gave you out. You’re here prolly fronting polygamy marriage is bad cos the western shit and religion told you that. You never did your own research, rebrand it and make It work.
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 9:11am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

Your slight support to mindlog narrative gave you out. You’re here prolly fronting polygamy marriage is bad cos the western shit and religion told you that. You never did your own research, rebrand it and make It work.
I supported the fact that she/he said your stats on population size were questionable.

What has that got to do with everything else I said?
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2021
ibkayee:
What of polyandry?

Anyway let me just stick to what you've said:

Don’t see anything wrong with if all participants are consenting and there’s no FORCED weird, oppressive, perverse power imbalance that ends up benefiting only the guy.

If you can find willing people without having to go about it in a problematic way e.g. threatening, coercion, springing the idea on your partner (who was given the impression by you that they would be in a monogamous union) randomly one day

If you can somehow manage it in a practical, FAIR (whatever fair is from ALL the participants’ viewpoint) way to work with all the laws/legal frameworks associated (assuming you're in a place where it's legal) for ALL parties involved and also consented to by ALL parties involved

The very arrangement of polygamy benefits the man.

The women are competing for the man's resources: attention, time, money, sex, influence etc. etc.

Polygamy cannot be 'FAIR' to women.

However, a woman's needs to have her man's resources to herself might be less than her reason for joining a polygamous marriage.

Men and women are different:

Polyandry is the shortest end of the stick.

Imagine a woman having a child in polygamy, snapping back and having time to live baby girl life after mastering the act of winning Oga over to her side

Versus

A woman having five children for five husbands, caring for them, providing for them, sharing her attention in addition to child care then having sex with them.

It is a nightmare. undecided
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2021
bukatyne:

The women are competing for the man's resources: attention, time, money, sex, influence etc. etc.

However, a woman's needs to have her man's resources to herself might be less than her reason for joining a polygamous marriage.

If polyandry is being postulated, it will lead to lots of competition between men. Men are of war when they compete. One must either die or get incarcerated, it further deplete the reserves of men, deplete the core population, men will go into extinction but women though can be every competitive they can all support the man to make their resources more even and adequate and of a truth what makes a woman happy is quite different from what makes a man happy. The modern polygamy is the best any family can practice right now
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:
Till date there actually has never been any real concrete reasons why polygamy is bad or wrong. Infact recents statistic has shown that monogamy causes more heartbreak, everyone lives in pretense. Most of their arguments are Orogun, kids will lack basic amenities, they will use juju on each other bla bla bla... nothing concrete! We all in African accepted monogamy cos we’ve been brainwashed it’s the white mans way and we all see the white mans way superior thanks to great years of colonialism and mass brainwashing propaganda through the media and all.

As a man, the advantages of polygamy for us men especially is more than the disadvantages
The real type of marriage is what our grandfathers and grandmothers practiced. Monogamy is very flawed once you know your means can handle polygamy, do it. All thanks to modernity; the kind of exposure our grand parents all had was little, now this is 2021, polygamy has taken a rebranding. Think of situations where you have 3 professors as wives...endless opportunities abounds. There is a woman for every man, if your salary is 20k a Month, marry women you can both manage with your little resources with contentment.

Most of us who had bad experiences with polygamy if closely observed would see it’s because resources was low and the exposure women had back then was low unlike these days...there is nothing like unconditional love anyway, we should all stop pretending!! Right from the olden days, marriage had been all about what we can both get from each other. There is no such thing as unconditional love, if there be maybe Gods loves for mankind. Human being kind of love had always been all about what we can get from the relationship( business deal). Our fathers get married then cos they are ready to take care of some responsibilities.

It’s a fact that our forefathers live long to 200 years of age, if polygamy was as bad as they portray it to be then they shouldn’t have lived that long. Any one with superior arguments aside hearsays, why polygamy is bad should come out. Polygamy is the best type of marriage, the whites man- one man-one wife is wrong, idealistic but not practicable in the best concept of reality, also. Everybody live fake life. Deep down you guys are bored just in time also demographic statistics, population had shown the population of women are 4x higher than the men’s population. Now those wey remain for ground who go marry them? Since we want to be practicing Monogamy of the Whites. I laugh at all those feminists. Women supporting women but y’all be fucking another woman’s husband..so much for the women supporting other women movement. Hypocrisy is killing us in African. We deceive ourselves too much

As a man if your financial capacity could handle it then marry two or more wives and even with that 20k monthly salary you can still marry two wives also, just go way below your means. There is a woman for every man

You mean for every four women, there is one man?

In this Nigeria?

In a population of 200m, there are 160m males and 40m females?

Perhaps your Nigeria.
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

If polyandry is being postulated, it will lead to lots of competition between men. Men are of war when they compete. One must either die or get incarcerated, it further deplete the reserves of men, deplete the core population, men will go into extinction but women though can be every competitive they can all support the man to make their resources more even and adequate and of a truth what makes a woman happy is quite differently from what makes a man different. The modern polygamy is the best any family can practice right now

I updated my post.

Nature does not support polyandry.
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 19, 2021
bukatyne:

You mean for every four women, there is one man?

In this Nigeria?

In a population of 200m, there are 160m males and 40m females?

Perhaps your Nigeria.
Alaye fi statistic sile

Talk with reality
Disprove why Polygamy is not the best in recent time?

Leave population statistics for NBS To handle
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2021
bukatyne:

Yeah I know it isn't a realistic achievement, I said it intentionally. The point of most of what I listed was for OP to come to terms with how impractical it is since he just sounded like one of the usual self serving polygamy enthusiasts

But then I also added this point "(whatever fair is from ALL the participants’ viewpoint)" to account for the unconventional people who aren't necessarily after conventional things from the marriage, in their cases 'fair' will be more subjective
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Mindlog: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

Go and google the Nigeria Casualties/Death Commission and Nigeria Bureau of Casualties or Death then you will know you can’t compare statistics with Daily happening of course this is government statistics let’s come to the original statistics the lay man uses. Women are many than men, don’t doubt it. Do I have to open your head before you know men die daily from assassination, car accident, health failure(cos men lives way ward life the most, taking drugs and all kind of stuff, health wise women are kinda strong specie than men, you guys do monthly flows that keep your body regulated. Look all around you, count how many people died today, the ratio of men is higher, compare that to the 5 years statistics bullshit the government had on social media. Most governmental sponsored news/ statistics are always a Lie or misrepresentation . You’re eyes will be cleared !!!

Am glad you highlighted all these because the usual propaganda has always been that men die earlier because of the pressure of providing for the woman and the children while ignoring the fact that a deadbeat dad is more likely to die before the wife he abandoned his 5 children with to cater for alone while he goes to enjoy his life.

And keep living in your denial. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2021
Mindlog:

Am glad you highlighted all these because the usual propaganda has always been that men die earlier because of the pressure of providing for the woman and the children while ignoring the fact that a deadbeat dad is more likely to die before the wife he abandoned his 5 children with to cater for alone while he goes to enjoy his life.

And keep living in your denial. cheesy cheesy

Men only push that narrative if you don’t support him. Women should learn how to give their husband total support so he could provide them what makes them happy. A man who has support can take an impregnable fortress; this is the inmate abilities of Everyman. Only an irresponsible man would fail or not meet up to the target with all the supports. I think the concept of a real feminism can best be practiced under polygamy. You’re all the bedrock supporting your husband and shaping him. If you an independent women and you want your husband to be the president, then shape him to that( isn’t that why you guys are our mother). Cases like you said up there are few exceptions and to everything in life there is always an exception. My view of the larger percentage not the few exceptions
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2021
bukatyne:

Men and women are different:

Polyandry is the shortest end of the stick.

Imagine a woman having a child in polygamy, snapping back and having time to live baby girl life after mastering the act of winning Oga over to her side

Versus

A woman having five children for five husbands, caring for them, providing for them, sharing her attention in addition to child care then having sex with them.

It is a nightmare.
undecided
Let's be honest. When men think about polyandry this is not where their mind is going, they only care that the woman should not be able enjoy multiple men otherwise she's an ashawo, immoral etc bla bla bla, they aren't thinking of the 'mechanics' of it like this.

That's why I brought it up to see if he was just another one of those who only likes the concept of multiple spouses when it benefits the guy

No matter how much it is a 'nightmare', let the woman decide. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Liposure: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

At a point men’s population even out and increasingly get surpassed by the female folks all thanks to war, diseases, financial pressure etc.

By mid-October, the coronavirus had killed almost 17,000 more American men than women, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Those widowed now, who will provide them the Emotional support they need in such a family settings ?
you are going too far. Even in unis the population of females far outnumber the males. In my set, we were only fifteen guys the rest were females in a class of fifty four
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2021
ibkayee:

Yeah I know it isn't a realistic achievement, I said it intentionally. The point of most of what I listed was for OP to come to terms with how impractical it is since he just sounded like one of the usual self serving polygamy enthusiasts

But then I also added this point "(whatever fair is from ALL the participants’ viewpoint)" to account for the unconventional people who aren't necessarily after conventional things from the marriage, in their cases 'fair' will be more subjective

I’m not the usual polygamy enthusiasts, I’m just stating the reality instead of we all pretending. We all pretend way too much. We can easily share the idea of polygamy with a woman, is there anything like unconditional love. No one gets married cos of “love” illusion anymore maybe in our forebear did. People marry for what they can gain in marriage now and this is normal. The issue is people understanding loyalty in a polygamy. Tuning it down to what could best work for us this current dispensation. Don’t forget there will always be an exception. No be this life man wan Dey fuvk man, they are exceptions!!
Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by ibkayee(f): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2021
WiLdFLame:

I’m not the usual polygamy enthusiasts, I’m just stating the reality instead of we all pretending. We all pretend way too much. We can easily share the idea of polygamy with a woman, is there anything like unconditional love. No one gets married cos of “love” illusion anymore maybe in our forebear did. People marry for what they can gain in marriage now and this is number. The issue is people understanding loyalty even in a polygamy. Tuning it down to what could best work for us this current dispensation.
I agree that some people get married for other reasons other than love and that's fine in my opinion. Like I said, I don't see an issue with polygamy as long as these conditions are met:

By the way, I actually think our 'fore-bearers' got married for 'love' less than nowadays. But I digress, if you can stick to this list have at your polygamy grin

1 Like

Re: I think Polygamy Is The Best Form Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 19, 2021
The issue is men should go with their capacity. If your libido and fantasy can only carry two women, no go do aseju put 4 for house. “ Death walk silhouettes right beside the kid yet he’s not suspicious”. There are two types of polygamy though, people should learn loyalty in polygamy . Now a man has five women to fulfil what could have made him ordinary cheat. The women married can support their husband and make me reach top of his prowess

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" / Pregnant And Scared / Rigth Time To Start Having Séx Again After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.