Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member (37854 Views)

Hunger Is Killing Us – Tinubu's Supporter Prostrates, Begs President For Help / Tinubu Committee Is Slow, Real Palliatives May Be Delayed – Panel Member / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by ijustdey: 9:25am On Jan 19, 2021
There was a mild drama on Monday at the sitting of Judicial Panel of Enquiry, Ogun State, when a police sergeant, Adeleke Olalekan was caught threatening a member of the panel.

Olalekan was reportedly caught pointing a finger at a member of the panel, in a manner suggestive of threat, during the sitting at Magistrate Court 1, Abeokuta.

The erring police cop, in mufti, had accompanied a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Gbenga Megbope, who was being cross-examined over a matter before the panel.

It was gathered that when attention of the Chairman of the Panel, Justice Solomon Olugbemi (rtd) was drawn to the alleged threat, he asked the Sergeant to come forward and explain the rationale behind his action.

In a shot clip of the drama obtained by our correspondent, a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police and a member of the panel, Peter Ogunyanwo, was asking the Sergeant, “why are you disrespecting members of the panel?”

The visibly rattled police sergeant, however, could not justify his action, but prostrated before the panel members, and begged for mercy.

“I don’t disrespect you sir. I know you sir (referring to the retired DIG). I can’t disrespect you sir,” the Sergeant said.

On his part, Megbope, who was the Commander of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) at Obada – Oko, also begged on the Sergeant’s behalf, saying “We are sorry sir.”

Reeling out the law against such action, the Panel Chairman, said “any act of disrespect, insult or threat to the Commissioners or any Panel members while sitting in Commission or any act of disrespect, insult or threat to a Commissioner or Panel members at any other time or place on account of his proceedings in his capacity as a Commissioner or Panel member shall be deemed to be an act of contempt within the meaning of this law under Section 16 of the same law”.

Reading further, the Chairman revealed that, “any person who commits an act of contempt, whether the act is or is not committed in the presence of the Commissioners sitting in Commission, such person or persons shall be liable to summary conviction before a court of competent jurisdiction to be convicted and punished according to the tenet stipulated in the law”.

Justice Olugbemi noted that the Police Sergeant ought to be recommended for trial at the Magistrate court, but pardoned him following the pleading and apology.

He, however, warned that “the panel would no longer tolerate any act of disrespect to it or any of its members as the law would be allowed to take its course in any such further act.”

https://dailytrust.com/ogun-police-sergeant-prostrates-begs-for-mercy-after-threatening-panel-member

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by solmusdesigns: 9:30am On Jan 19, 2021
cool

Typical arrogant attitude of a police man

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by extol1(m): 9:36am On Jan 19, 2021
I am not understanding
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Ryan03(f): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2021
solmusdesigns:
so only police are arrogant in Nigeria? He even apologized and begged for mercy, that is not enough? Go kill am na

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by solmusdesigns: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2021
Ryan03:
so only police are arrogant in Nigeria? He even apologized and begged for mercy, that is not enough? Go kill am na

I typed " typical attitude of an arrogant police man " ...

And you are here typing all this irrelevance.. where in the above comment suggest "Only " police are arrogant, or did I say he never apologised

Now If I was to give you a dirty slap, and later apologize because I realised who you are, does that in anyway change the fact that I slapped you?!

220 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by madmohamed(m): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2021
Ryan03:
is your father a police officer

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by illicit(m): 11:10am On Jan 19, 2021
He probably thought he was in his police station....

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by AlfaB: 11:11am On Jan 19, 2021
how these waste snakes always fall on their belly. spits

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2021
solmusdesigns:

I typed " typical attitude of an arrogant police man " ...

And you are here typing all this irrelevance.. where in the above comment suggest "Only " police are arrogant, or did I say he never apologised

Now If I was to give you a dirty slap, and later apologize because I realised who you are, does that in anyway change the fact that I slapped you?!

check well, na policeman too. Na dem dey mumu

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Mayng01(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2021
Good for him
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by mbahdi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by kereman1: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
Law court will imbibe humility into the most hard criminal ever.
I've been there b4 very annoying place to be, the judge is the supreme, the lawyers/barristers can only but appeal to his conscience.
"As the court pleases"

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by money121(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Nairalandwizerd(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
O ga o
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Vyzz: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
solmusdesigns:

oga police we are not impressed

abeg enter jail jare

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by premierlead: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
That's how they do...I guess that Ryan03 or his father is a dirty policeman

12 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
The visibly rattled police sergeant, however, could not justify his action, but prostrated before the panel members, and begged for mercy.

I don’t disrespect you sir. I know you sir (referring to the retired DIG). I can’t disrespect you sir,” the Sergeant said.
That awkward moment when you gree finally say
'Oga na Master anyday, anytime!

Na only mouth dem get,
Na so so chest beating dem sabi.
We know dem type online too.
Na so so cho cho cho chocho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
I found one news "He prostrated"

An agbero after bashing your car will prostrate sighting the yardstick to deal with him, same same here. Next news undecided

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
Lol
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by PussyKing(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by DropsMic(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Okay
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by duro4chang(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
Na wa o. A policeman doing dobale. Where is professionalism?
Re: Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member by Franking: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
Because he's influential. Imagine what the common man passes through in the hands of policemen.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okuama Massacre: The Untold Story / First University In Nigeria, Name And When Established? / Former Militant Who Lost His Hand Has A Poultry Business (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.