Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,862 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Three Things That Makes A Man Broke Part3 ( Not Knowing How To Sell) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Three Things That Makes A Man Broke Part3 ( Not Knowing How To Sell) (269 Views)

Three Things That Makes A Man Broke In 2021 / Things That Happen When You're Broke / 5 Profitable Things That Will Always Sell In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Things That Makes A Man Broke Part3 ( Not Knowing How To Sell) by Timo01(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
A few years ago Robert Kiyosaki granted an interview with a newspaper reporter in Singapore.The young female reporter was on time. And the interview got started immediately.
“Someday I would like to be a best-selling author like you.” she said. He had seen some of the articles she had written and he was impressed she had a clear style of writing. Her article held a reader's interest.
“You have a great style” he replied. “What holds you back from achieving your dream?”
“My work does not seem to go anywhere.” She said quietly.
Everyone says my novels are excellent but nothing happens.
So I keep my job with the paper.
Do you have any suggestions?
“Yes I do‘ He said brightly “A friend of mine here in Singapore runs a school that teaches people how to sell” He runs sales training courses for many of the top corporations here in Singapore. I think attending one of his courses will greatly enhance your career”
She stiffened “Are you saying I should go to school to learn to sell?”
He nodded his head.
"You aren’t serious, are you?”
Again he nodded his head “What is wrong with that?” He said to her. Obviously, she got offended.
"I have a master's degree in English Literature why would I go to school to learn to be a salesperson? I am a professional. I went to school to be trained in a profession so I wouldn't have to be a salesperson. I hate salespeople. All they want is money. So tell me why I should study sales? She was packing her briefcase the interview was over.
One of the best-selling book written by Robert Kiyosaki was on the table. He picked it up as well as the note she had jotted in her legal pad.
“Do you see this?” He said, pointing to her note.
She looked down at her note. “What?” She said confused. Again he pointed deliberately to her notes. On her pad, she had written “Robert Kiyosaki Best-Selling Author”
“It is best selling Author, not best-written author.” He said quietly.
Her eyes widened.
“I am a terrible writer.” He said. “You are a great writer I went to sales school. You have a master's degree. Put them together and you get the best selling author, and a best writting-author”
Anger flared from her eyes. “I will never stoop too low as to learn how to sell”.
“People like you have no business writing I am a professionally trained writer and you are a salesman. It is not fair.” She fumed.
She put the rest of her notes away and hurried out.

The world is full of smart, educated, talented, and gifted people. We meet them every day.
A mechanic can fix a car within few minutes by just listening to the engine of the car. He already knows what is wrong. That is amazing, right?
I am constantly shocked by how little talented people earn.
Some many highly brilliant, educated, people earn less than I million naira per year.
So many doctors, dentists, architects struggle financially.
All this time, everybody thought that when they graduated money will be pouring in.
I came to understand this phrase that

“they are one skill away from Wealth”

What that phrase means is that most people only need to learn and master one skill and their income will jump exponentially.
When it comes to making money the only skill most people know is to work hard.
A classic example is the story of a younger writer we’ve just read.
If she can diligently learn the skill of selling and marketing her income will jump dramatically.

PS : Talking about learning how to sell, the best way we sell in this digital age is a remote selling system. This system sells even when you are asleep.

Do you want to learn more?

(1) (Reply)

A New Way To Sell Flyers, Logos & Customizable Products Online & Make Money / Main Hustle? Side Hustle? Let Me Teach U A Part Of Tailoring For FREE! / Selling Items On Ebay From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.