Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20604 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 4:46am On Jul 21, 2008
"Motherfuckas thinkin' they can stop 50, they losin' it
Lil' nigga named Ja think he live like me
Talkin' about he left the hospital took nine like me
You livin' fantasies nigga, I been checkin' deposit
When your little' sweet ass gon' come out of the closet"

fiddy sampled pacs lyrics on that song, and then u post em' here to prove what exactly?
I think u should stick with the EPL. grin

@eldee

perhaps u should listen to kingdom come again.it almost seems ur talking bout a different album.
go n listen to tracks like dig a hole,30 something, trouble,minority report and get back to me.
kingdom come is as good as 97% of the rap albums i've listened to since its release in '06.
and how can u call the second verse of lost ones "mediocre"?
i'm completely flabbergasted! cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ritchboy
I am equally as confuzzled i mean the Intro alone would kill most of the rap albums out there
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by obiem(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2008
For me it'll always be God's son, Nas

The next best thing to happen to hip hop after Pac!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
A-40:

@ritchboy
I am equally as confuzzled i mean the Intro alone would kill most of the rap albums out there

Don't be confuzzled. . . . .Kingdom Come is Jigga's worst album till date.
It was needless, rushed and lacked lyrical nous.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Don't be confuzzled. . . . .Kingdom Come is Jigga's worst album till date.
I beg to differ
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2008
Kingdom Come is Jigga's worst album till date.

this just proves u dont have a clue! blue print 2, dynasty, and volume 2 are jay z's worst albums.

needless? meaning what exactly?
rushed? the black album was released in 03, kingdom come dropped in 06. a 'little' 3 year gap. it was RUSHED indeed
lacked lyrical nous? i dont even need to elaborate. . . it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for a JAY Z album to 'lack lyrical nous'.

now what did i tell u about sticking to footie? cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2008
ritchboy:

this just proves u don't have a clue! blue print 2, dynasty, and volume 2 are jay z's worst albums.

This has to be the most laughable comment i have read on the internet. . . .
Hard-knock life, Blueprint 2 and Dynasty are Jigga's worst album?? Are u insane??
Please modify ur statement before someone sees it. . . . . .Volume 2 is inarguably Jigga's best album till date!!!

rushed? the black album was released in 03, kingdom come dropped in 06. a 'little' 3 year gap. it was RUSHED indeed
lacked lyrical nous? i don't even need to elaborate. . . it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for a JAY Z album to 'lack lyrical nous'.

Rushed doesn't necessarily mean the gap years between the albums preceeding it . . . . . It is the amount of time spent on production.
Kingdom Come can never be in the top 1000 albums of any Hip Hop head.
It seems u just started listening to Rap last month. . . . .

U should stick to palm wine tapping.
Rap is not ur forte.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 12:25am On Jul 27, 2008
ritchboy:

this just proves u don't have a clue! blue print 2, dynasty, and volume 2 are jay z's worst albums.
I'll do you a favour and let you deny what you just posted
Blueprint 2?? Then what made him say 'Ether made me stronger?'
Please refrain from posting blasphemy on this thread . . . my dayzz

ritchboy:

lacked lyrical nous? i don't even need to elaborate. . . it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for a JAY Z album to 'lack lyrical nous'.

Now you've lost it, see . . . After Kingdom Come, he retired from making albums

From 2003 to 2005, JayZ was on countless other projects
He had Collision Course with Linkin Park, toured the whole world with R Kelly
Even in October 2005, he did the I Declare War thing wiv Nas

In an interview with Sway, hov said it clearly that he was not going to come back, and this was March 2006
In my own opinion, it might have been made in three months
You counting those years means you don't even know what you're spitting . . . simple!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2008
I'll do you a favour and let you deny what you just posted
Blueprint 2?? Then what made him say 'Ether made me stronger?'

what an incredilbly ridiculous statement! so cos he said ether made him stronger, that automatically means blueprint 2 was'nt one of his worst albums? using ur daft logic, blueprint(his last album b4 ether) is a worse album than blueprint 2(first album after ether) cos ether 'made him stronger'. the 'medics might soon be required.

Now you've lost it, see . . . After Kingdom Come, he retired from making albums

apparently ur the one who's lost it!

In an interview with Sway, hov said it clearly that he was not going to come back, and this was March 2006

it seems u believe everything jay says.if he says hes ur baby daddy, u'd probably believe him.
didnt the same nigga say he was going to 'retire' after the black album? did he? NO! so when he told sway 'i'm not coming back', he might have headed straight to the studio after the interview!

In my own opinion, it might have been made in three months

ok,lets assume it was made in THREE MONTHS, how is THREE MONTHS rushed for a RAP album? u need to lie down.
anyway why boder argue with someone who claims beach chair is the best song on kingdom come?any half-brained buffoon who has actually listened to the album should know 30 something, trouble and lost ones are the best songs on the album.

This has to be the most laughable comment i have read on the internet. . . .
Hard-knock life, Blueprint 2 and Dynasty are Jigga's worst album?? Are u insane??
Please modify your statement before someone sees it. . . . . .Volume 2 is inarguably Jigga's best album till date!!!

oops, i meant to say volume 1. . . hard knock life is one of but not his best as u claim. in my lifetime, blueprint2, and dynasty are probably his worst. any objections?

Kingdom Come can never be in the top 1000 albums of any Hip Hop head.

the less said about this statement the better. i'm begining to doubt y'all have actually listened to kingdom come.or just read some inaccurate reviews.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Fadajasi(m): 11:13am On Jul 27, 2008
Sense made so far>>47%
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ritchboy
Nice points i agree with you with most of your lines except the Beach Chair but its all gravy.Blueprint 2 was probably Jay-z's worst album Dynasty was ok its just the last 5 tracks that where not so
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2008
ritchboy:

oops, i meant to say volume 1. . . hard knock life is one of but not his best as u claim. in my lifetime, blueprint2, and dynasty are probably his worst. any objections?

Kingdom Come is worse than BluePrint2 . . . . . .U must be a serial blunt smoker to be saying this crap.
Are u aware Blueprint is a double album . . . Tracks like The Watcher, The Dream, Blueprint2(Nas Diss) and U don't know(with M.O.P.) are all better than any track on Kingdom Come.

the less said about this statement the better. i'm begining to doubt y'all have actually listened to kingdom come.or just read some inaccurate reviews.

One thing i know is there's no JIGGA, NAS, BIGGIE, 2PAC, DMX, JA RULE, EMINEM, 50, D12 album that i don't have on me finger-tips.
Kingdom Come has to be the worst production on roc-a-fella records.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2008
Are u aware Blueprint is a double album

i'm not aware grin as far as i know, blueprint was released in 01 and was not a double album grin

Kingdom Come is worse than BluePrint2

and nigga raw is a better lyricist than nas. cheesy tell me something i dont already know tongue

Tracks like The Watcher, The Dream, Blueprint2(Nas Diss) and You don't know(with M.O.P.) are all better than any track on Kingdom Come

trouble, 30 somthing and lost ones alone kill ALL tracks on blueprint 2. cool
i'd rather listen to those three than the entire blueprint 2 album tongue
la la la(excuse me again) which was on blueprint 2.1 is actually better than all the songs on bluepint2 shocked tongue cool

PS: i'm still waiting for ur list of jiggas 3 worst albums.

Blueprint 2 was probably Jay-z's worst album Dynasty was ok its just the last 5 tracks that where not so

true. dynasty was a good album, but the fact that its one of his worst just shows you how high he's set the bar.j is the G.O.A.T. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Hannibal
Yeah Blueprint 2 had some nice tracks but it also had some not so good tracks by Jigga's standards it was probably his most-watered down album although you picked some good tracks especially the one with M.O.P there are a few other good ones like Poppin Tags,Meet the Parents,Nigga Please

@ritchboy
Hov is the best rapper alive! I dont know what the argument is about

Its a difficult pick but its between Blueprint 2,Dynasty,Vol 2
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by drn0(m): 3:41am On Jun 30, 2009
OH!!! THANK GOD AND I HOPE DIX TOPIC IS FINALLY KLOSED COZ U AINT GON REACH D END JUZ LIKE ANY CONTROVERSY BTW PPLE WIT DIFF SCOPE!!! SINCE EVRYBODY SIM 2 LYK HIPHOP & D 2 ICONS PLUS IT ALL LUK LYK WE WILL BUY AS WE AV BOUGHT ALL D WORKS OF DESE 2 EVEN IF THEY COUGH TRUOUT IN D NEXT ALBUM, DEN METHINKS WAT EVERY SHOULD AV DONE IS DROP HIS/HER FAVE ICON, STATE D REASON AND MOVE ON INSTEAD OF ALL DIX CURSE AND FIGHTS OH SHIT I 4GOT, THEY CALL IT BEEF, BUT WAIT A MIN DO U REALLY KNO WAT BEFF IS?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by drn0(m): 4:05am On Jun 30, 2009
NAS 2 JAY-Z
EMCEE 2 RAPPER
EDUCATIONIST 2 ENTERTAINER
THUGGISH 2 GIRLISH
ARTIST 2 BUSINESSMAN
MODE9 2 RUGGEDMAN
STORY TELLER 2 FAME TELLER
BATTLE CHIEF 2 MONEY CHIEF
HARDCORE 2 PARTY RIDER
MO LYRICAL 2 MO RHYMER
REAL 2 SWAG
POETRY 2 LAID BACK
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by drn0(m): 4:44am On Jun 30, 2009
now U can go on and on wit d above classification of d 2 Hip-Hop icons as they appeal 2 ur mind but wen it comes 2 choice as who is greater, better, mo respected, mo dis and dat, methinks sentiments will play in either way. Music wise its Jay-Z d crown fits BUT Hip-Hop/Rap, U gat giv it 2 NaS . So pple i put my thumb to d pad and vote,
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by lato2(m): 8:23am On Jun 30, 2009
NL mediocres, how o earth u compare NAs to JAZDICK, Illmatic to Stillmatic, Street DIsciple ooh God stop dis mumu comparism, i thought jigga was happy to starred alogside Nas in Black Republican. He made him look, The king of Y shit back then only lasted fifteen minutes. Poetic Nas, multitalented cat, no be dat rockafe's mate
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by UNLEASHED(m): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2009
Jayzzzzzzzzz
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 3:42am On Jul 01, 2009
drn0:

NAS 2 JAY-Z
EMCEE 2 RAPPER
EDUCATIONIST 2 ENTERTAINER
THUGGISH 2 GIRLISH
ARTIST 2 BUSINESSMAN
MODE9 2 RUGGEDMAN
STORY TELLER 2 FAME TELLER
BATTLE CHIEF 2 MONEY CHIEF
HARDCORE 2 PARTY RIDER
MO LYRICAL 2 MO RHYMER
REAL 2 SWAG
POETRY 2 LAID BACK

Yeah sure, whatever makes you sleep at night. Jeez!! this topic has long been buried. But No, they just had to bring it back.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by inme: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
i like both, but i will chose Jay Z over Nas.

I can easily understand J zays rap than that of Nas

Nas lines ares so wicked and hard to understand easily

i bliv J zay will b proud to say Nas is KING
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Ignatio(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nas is the man anytime any anday. He's got knowledge than Jigga. He delivers life as it is thru his music. Jay is braggadocious and his music is more self-centerd.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eyonigger(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
Actually this thread would have been subjected as Nas VS Jayz, who is better Lyrically,then I would say NAS

If it is to be Nas VS Jayz, who is better in flows, then I would say Jigga.

There is a differentiation between these two cats as they are good in different ways.

But all in all, if I would choose who my fav would be, I did choose NAS because of his great personality.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Phillfree(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2009
You guys just bite one side of the beef
Ether was muder'd wit Super ugly, if u guys shld listen to dis shit ya never talk of ether, Jay's mum asked him to go and apologise to Nas.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by craziest: 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2009
Phillfree:

You guys just bite one side of the beef
Ether was muder'd wit Super ugly, if u guys shld listen to dis shit ya never talk of ether, Jay's mum asked him to go and apologise to Nas.

And jay z cried on air for ether, super ugly was garbagge
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kay29000(m): 1:43am On Jul 11, 2009
To the guy that said 'super ugly' was better than ether, you must av lost ur mind. Even jigga fans in d u.s where dissapointed in the track back when it dropped. And the reason jay's mum said he should apologize was becos of that line about him sleeping with nas' baby mama.
Jigga should be ashamed of that statement. Nas dated the girl when he was 20, and was still in d hood. They split after the baby was born. Then a big nas stan that jay is, went and looked for the girl nas left about a decade ago and sleeps with her, when he jay-z, was in his 30's. What a very shameful thing to do.
Then that same nas's girl wrote a book and talked about how nas was meant to date beyonce back in the late 90's but he changed his mind when he found out that she had a bad case of mouth odour. Trust nas for being the humble guy he is and never mention that. Check out his 'you owe me' video ft genuwine, and u'd see beyonce dancing all over the place.
Nas n jay av different goals n they av both been successful in this.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by yoji: 4:34am On Jul 11, 2009
jay z sells so much cos most if not all his first singles for a new album are commercial crap. he releases dance tracks to introduce any new album. but nas' first singles for an upcoming album shows he's got the audacity to rely on his lyrical prowess to sell the album and u must respect that. traks like hiphop is dead, made u look, got urself a gun are intro singles for respective albums.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ladykool(f): 4:41am On Jul 11, 2009
jay-z is flow everything bout him his saying yea yea i got money in the bank aswell as swagga and beside i hear and listen to more jay-z music than nas
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Vuitton(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
Stale thread

JAY Z is my best rapper alive cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 09, 2010
Neither. I go for drake kiss
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by hax: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
Me too. I go for souljaboitellem. kiss

YOOOOUUUU!

*supermans dat hoe*
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Mobinga: 2:41am On Feb 22, 2011
Waka Flocka Flame grin We smoking that wack shit

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners) / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.