Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (21113 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2008
Street cred. Street cred, whatever that means. Am getting tired of the phrase. Ok, @ eldee, where's Camron now? He killed jigga but jigga's still d richest! I hear Camron sleeps on d streets now = no home. That's what street credibility gives u, sleepin on d street, ooh I get it. Accordin to Nas, money makes d world go round. Most rappers want to be in jay's shoes. Lemme be clear this time, lol, Jay-z is MY best rapper, didn't say he's THE best rapper tho. Nobody disses him when am around tongue
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by coolboyapg: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2008
for me i think nas is a better lyricist while jay z has got this smothness to deliver,but mad shout out to the both of them,they are sure so good
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
@eldee
What is hardcore about Nas? after all we dont have no proof of his gangsta no court case no wranglings with the law? Nada!! i have heard all those songs so what? would you say about Never Change,99 problems etc dont you know most of these rappers over exaggerate their struggles and i am sure Nas is one of them

Do you think Hov is Fifty Cent?do you still expect him to stay in Bed-stuy with all that cash?what happened to Manhattan and the Hampton's? Nas would leave Queens if he was sitting on Jiggas money besides is he still in Queens?

If being smart and being an astute business man is selling out then you can sell him over and over again like Nas wouldnt die to sit on Jiggas paper

Camron nigga please? ok so he bit a few lines how about the one's he didnt bite if you can show me one rapper that doesnt bite lines i would show you a couple of black NHL players.Camron is just another disgruntled employee why didnt he say all that when he was still under Hov

Thugz Mansion indeed a song he jacked from Pac,

@chiogo
Same here ooh!! i am a Roc Boy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
Y'all are still far behind.This is a buried issue! Talk bout something else
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by MethodMan3(m): 12:47am On Jun 24, 2008
Nas is Sublime

End off!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Mesmerize(f): 12:54am On Jun 24, 2008
No be only sublime, deposition nko? grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by MethodMan3(m): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2008
Mesmerize:

Chai
U don reach here again?!
U dey stalk me?! grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Jackal(m): 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2008
Method-Man:

The greatest: RAKIM, PAC, NAS AND BIG!

I agree with u 100%.

Only an idiot would compare Pharoah Nas to commercial JAY-Z.
If anyone doubts Nas' IQ, he should listen to "one mic" or "rewind"
Without a doubt, NAS is god!!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

Nas and Jay-Z??
Tiger and Rabbit

NAS ALL THE WAY men - stop this unbalanced comparison. Compare Nas with the best and not the rest please,
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2008
Mesmerize:

Right on!!

There is only one Hov the best rapper alive take it or leave it
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Jackal(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ A-40,

Are u high?

Why didn't HOV win the Nas Vs Jay-Z MC Battle??
It's a different thing rapping about Money, Cash, Hoes and anutha to rapping SCIENCE.
No living MC can touch Nas when it comes to spreading street intelligence.
All Jay-Z does is rap on radio-friendly tunes. . . . .which of course brings more benjaminx to the table.
Rap is deeper than all that, senor!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
A-40:

@eldee
What is hardcore about Nas? after all we don't have no proof of his gangsta no court case no wranglings with the law? Nada!! i have heard all those songs so what? would you say about Never Change,99 problems etc don't you know most of these rappers over exaggerate their struggles and i am sure Nas is one of them
Nas is not hard-core? Oh my dayzz. . .now u're scaring me

Do you know what she just did? You just compared 'One Mic' to '99 Problems'
Seriously you need to stop insulting The Legend

A-40]If being smart and being an astute business man is selling out then you can sell him over and over again like Nas wouldnt die to sit on Jiggas paper[/quote]
There's a word for that: SELL-OUT!!!
My days I can't believe any sane person will compare the street cred of a top-five emcee to a Glastonbury Rock Festival musician?
Are you sure you know what u're saying?

Any rapper that bites lines enough to create a whole 10-minute track should be shot
C'mon he even stole Nas' style, have you listened to early JayZ?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this, Nas is busy trying his best to place the Rakims and BIGs before him
JayZs not one of his 99 Problems

[quote author=chiogo:

Lemme be clear this time, lol, Jay-z is MY best rapper, didn't say he's THE best rapper tho. Nobody disses him when am around tongue
Sorry the topic was. . .'Nas VS JayZ' whose better, not who's Chiogo's fave rapper
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Jackal(m): 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ Eldee,

A lot of people dunno what Nas is all about.
I still listen to illmatic album(one of the greatest rap album of all time) and that was made 14 years ago.
Nas was so ahead of his time then those lyrics still make meaning in today's world.

Jigga compared to the god?? ?? Try Eedris is better than Eminem. grin cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2008
Jackal:

@ Eldee,

A lot of people don't know what Nas is all about.
I still listen to illmatic album(one of the greatest rap album of all time) and that was made 14 years ago.
Nas was so ahead of his time then those lyrics still make meaning in today's world.

Jigga compared to the god?? ?? Try Eedris is better than Eminem. grin cheesy
I know. . .I was just listening to Stillmatic the other day when 'Smoking' and 'Rewind' hooked me. . .again
It felt like the first time all over again

Nas is the Legend
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Jackal(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2008
Stillmatic is a classic. . . . . Any Hip-Hop head without this album is dud.

The intro was scriptural(talking about God's people walking the desert searching to be free). grin cheesy
"Smoking", "You Are Da Man" and "Rewind" are good joints as well.
Rewind can only be conceived by a natural born rapper. . . . . .How can u tell a story in a reverse mode??
Do u remember the words: SHOOT DON'T PLS" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
Stillmatic has made many other rappers
It was Nas' signature on the King of NY throne
'Rewind' was a lyrical masterpiece, it brought back them Rakim, NWA kinda hiphop
Someone said it was the 'Illmatic in Stillmatic'

But 'Smoking' killed it. . .See how this halfman-half amazing describe death
Paramedics fightin for you, who's gon' win?
The hands of time, or the hands of medicine

I know. . .sumtimes you jst don't understand how sumone can come out and chat shit bout Nas
I saw 'The Honeymoon Is Over', this guy was begging us to remove him from top5 lists of rappers

We should be proud we have 'The Last Real Nigga Alive' in our generation
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Jackal(m): 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ Eldee,

I still thank God i belong to this generation . . . . .Nas just rips it for me.

His best work IS still his use of mataphors on "Affirmative Action" in the IT AS WRITTEN ALBUM(1996)
" . . . . . .Life's a Bitch but God-forbid the bitch divorce me. I'll be flooded with ice so hellfire can't scorch me . . . . "
Fucking Hell. . . . . that was top drawer. cheesy grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hardballer(m): 10:53am On Jun 25, 2008
nas
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2008
@chiogo[quote][/quote]Nobody disses him when am around

I'ma diss him now in Nas' own words "How much of Biggie's rhymes would roll from your fat lips" (Ether). roflol tongue

@Eldee and Jackal
You guys are the men - you know what's up. Nas ranks with the likes of Tupac, Biggie, Rakim and other legends. He's the only rapper alive who still delivers it to both the underground/old school rap and the contemporary rap lovers.

Watching his Live Concert DVD was a [b]rap[/b]turous experience for me, especially when he dropped "Made You Look". Gosh I can't even quote a word from this "Gay-Zero or whatever his name is" guy. Remember Nas sang "No Idea's Original" - OMG, and so many other classics.

Please ask me a better question, who's better, Jay-Z or Nelly? Answer - undecided I DON'T KNOW!!!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Jackal
Mc Battle my foot? whose career has been better since their beef? who has gone on to drop classic albums since their beef? What has Nas dropped since Stillmatic? Nas aint consistent even when Jigga retired he was still spitting fire can you tell me when last you heard any new Nas track? me i hate inconsistency and Nas has that! i agree he is good but only a mental recluse will compare International Hov/President Carter to Local MC Nas

@eldee
Hardcore is NWA,Pac and Public Enemy besides if it comes to quotes and punchlines Jigga floors Nas anytime

see i'm afraid of the future yall respect the one who got shot i respect the shooter

I can give you more but i dont think thats necessary

Nas aint Jay's problem either if you can beef with your rival and still end up working under him doesnt that show that Nas is slacking on his mackin?

So cos Jigga collabo's and guests on a few Linkin Park tours he's sold out?

All you clowns talking down on Hov would still be the ones that would rush on Itunes and buy his album when it comes out

P:S When is N.I.G.G.A coming out?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Jackal and eldee
I have a question for yall?

Who you know fresher than Hov riddle me that?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2008
Bamsyle:

@chiogo,Nobody disses him when am around
I'ma diss him now in Nas' own words "How much of Biggie's rhymes would roll from your fat lips" (Ether). roflol tongue

You stay dissin him but he's friends with Nas now, so y u trying to fight an old battle that's already been done with. Btw, it was actually "how much of biggie's rhymes is gon come out your fat lips" I thought you'd know that being a Nas fanatic. tongue

eldee:

Sorry the topic was. . .'Nas VS JayZ' whose better, not who's Chiogo's fave rapper
Right. . . but somehow it boils down to who's your favorite. Y'all obviously like Nas better hence, all these noise-making tongue. I've answered the question right from previous pages: they are both good in their own ways and therefore, i cannot say who's the better of the two but if was "who's my favorite?", it's jigga for me although i really like Nas also.

Quote from Jackal
Why didn't HOV win the Nas Vs Jay-Z MC Battle??
Wow, i can't believe this!! Ok, I agree Nas killed Jay-z on Ether but dang, you don't rule a rapper as ill just because they won in something at a particular time. It's just like how Kobe Bryant is acclaimed the best NBA player as of now, but his team just lost in the championship to the Celtics. That doesn't mean he now sucks because of that. Sometimes, it's a matter of luck. First off, it's expected that Nas would win in the battle because it wasn't just about who's the king of NY, y'know there was more to it like Jay-z sleepin with Nas' chick or whatnot. To me, i believe he was really pissed and therefore, had a lot to say because his anger motivated him. Jay-z, on the other hand was totally wrong he barely said two words in "supa ugly" because there was nothin for him to say really. So, using the MC battle thingy as an excuse is like soo old.

@All, y'all need to stop arguing really. like somebody said, this issue is old. No matter what kind of argument y'all make here, it doesn't change who each person here thinks is the better of the two. I don't know y some of y'all are trying to enforce it into people that this particular person is better. You can't change people's opinions. daag!! I know some people feel like their choice is the better one, so does everyone else. Just because either of the two is "a god" to u doesn't mean we should all accept that,lolz. Just like if u ask some people out there, they'd tell u Lil' wayne is the best rapper in the world. So, what do y'all gotta say bout that one? anywayz, I love both Nas and Jay-z.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2008
And one more thing i aint a new jack in this rap shit i have even been listening to some Nas shit while he was in the Firm

@chiogo
I cant believe you are even paying attention to some of the mumbo jumbo these cats are typing.If you look through their signatures some of them have even used Jigga's lines at one point or the other they hate but when his album comes out they would be the first to cop it
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
Nas Vs Jay-Z is like
KRS-ONE vs Nelly
Rakim Vs 50 cents
Can-i-bus Vs LL Cool J
we all know who the better RAPPER is
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2008
yea rite ^^^ opinions are like ass-holes, everybody got one. The End! Although, if there's a special book where it says that, I'll like to have a copy, hahha.
Go check ur french, it's Lassiez-faire not Lasiefaire. have a nice one. wink
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2008
@chiogo
Thats Harsh

I guess we all have the rights to our opinion lol Nas can drop a million Illmatics but it simply wont change the fact that Hov is better but i guess no one has any right to shove his or her own opinion down anybody's throat.What pains me is that some of these people following the bandwagon have not even heard some of these guys tracks

@lasiefaire
Where is canibus and krs one now? i wont be suprised if you had more Nelly, Jay-Z and LL Cool J on your Itunes than Krs One,Rakim or Nas
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by LASIEFAIRE(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2008
chiogo:

yea rite ^^^ opinions are like ass-holes, everybody got one. The End! Although, if there's a special book where it says that, I'll like to have a copy, hahha.
Go check your french, it's Lassiez-faire not Lasiefaire. have a nice one. wink
first rule to correcting people: make sure you are right. That said, its laissez-faire. You should probably have asked why I spelt it that way, but immaturity and haste got the best of you. And my post was simple no anger vented on anyone. It's sad you took this route.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by LASIEFAIRE(m): 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2008
A-40:

@chiogo
Thats Harsh

I guess we all have the rights to our opinion lol Nas can drop a million Illmatics but it simply wont change the fact that Hov is better but i guess no one has any right to shove his or her own opinion down anybody's throat.What pains me is that some of these people following the bandwagon have not even heard some of these guys tracks

@lasiefaire
Where is canibus and krs one now? i wont be suprised if you had more Nelly, Jay-Z and LL Cool J on your Itunes than Krs One,Rakim or Nas
I dont listen to Nelly. I listen to Jay z and LL cool J but Nas, Common, Dead Prez, Talib Kweli, ColdPlay, Evanescene are the artist that fill up my Ipod, Itunes. Make no mistake, am not dissing Jay-z, LL or Nelly. I just think people mistake the act of rapping for commercial success. If you had to look from the perspective of being an artist, Jay-Z, Nelly, LL cool J are better artist because they have an average or higher in every area.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 1:21am On Jun 26, 2008
From Lasiefaire
[Quote]first rule to correcting people: make sure you are right. That said, its laissez-faire. You should probably have asked why I spelt it that way, but immaturity and haste got the best of you. And my post was simple no anger vented on anyone. It's sad you took this route.[/quote]

Okk, you got me although I was closer than you were tongue But do you really think I was trying to correct you? I was just making trouble hence the smiley. There was no anger attached to my post either, calm down. As you can see, I exhibit my 'immaturity' proudly.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2008
@chiogo
You stay dissin him but he's friends with Nas now, so y u trying to fight an old battle that's already been done with. Btw, it was actually "how much of biggie's rhymes is gon come out your fat lips" I thought you'd know that being a Nas fanatic.

I was actually glad when they got back together again. I like that. A true warrior knows when to draw or sheath his sword. But the deed's already been done.  grin The dissing was too much now chiogo - just can't for get that in a hurry!
Maybe you're even a bigger Nas fanatic than I am; didn't know you could quote him so well (you fall my hand small). wink

A40 (or is it AK47?), I'm sure every one that's been voting for Nas here also loves Jay-Z (and that includes me). And vice versa too. But you know, when it comes to separating the men from the boys; you know what's up now. Nas spits too much knowledge to be on Jay-Z's level. When I listen to J, I nod my head, but when it comes to Nas; I'm still and that's auto[b]matic[/b]!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2008
Many would argue nas is a beta lyricist, but even lyrically, j is just as good as, if not beta dan nas.on the song 'success', j absolutely killed nas.
'' i'm way 2 important to be talking about extortion, asking me 4 a portion is like asking for a coffin, broad daylight i off your on switch, your not too bright goodnight, long kiss, bye bye, ma reply, BLAH! BLAH!,'' ''finish my breakfast why? I got an appetite for destruction and yall iz small fry, now where was i? ''
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by ritchboy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2008
'' LET THAT BITCH BREATHE! ''
''niggas said hova was over, such dummies, even if i fell i'd land on a bunch of money, yall aint got nuthin 4 me ''
The mans a genius.
For someone to CONSISTENTLY make such great music over 12 years is just unbelievable.without doubt, the greatest rapper alive.no one else comes close, not even nas 4 all his brilliance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Falz Does Cover Of Childish Gambino's "This Is America" (Video) / Tonto's Reply To Critics Of HI & ITZOVA - I have Achieved My Aim / How Davido Got His Song If From Tekno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.