Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Benefits Of A Nairalander - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Benefits Of A Nairalander (198 Views)

A nairalander Celebrates his birthday with Hushpuppi @ Dubai / Project Completed For A Nairalander Pics!!! / A Nairalander Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of A Nairalander by nyiamfrank: 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
What are the benefits of a Nairalander?

I have been on Nairaland for about three years now but became a registered member in December, 2018.

I knew about this platform through a TV program on my state television while it was announced 'the most visited site in Nigeria', that year.

I must say, Nairaland even before I registered was for more beneficial to me than now, because it has become a shadow of itself.

Articles that are educative and informative are rarely seen even when you go under such topics. Serious minded comments in terms of a member seeking advice have in great number been replaced with jokes and insulting ones.

Nairaland is now so divided religiously, tribally and otherwise such that sometimes I feel less than a Nigerian coming here. That's why I often ask myself, WHAT ARE MY BENEFITS AS A NAIRALANDER?

Moreso, derogatory posts and comments have become the order of the day with such pushed to the front page, possibly because it will generate traffic, erring members not sanctioned.

If there are any special or personal benefits or appreciation for posts that generates traffic, which is the main purpose of this platform, someone should educate me, please.

I heard members of parliament are saying 'whatever' about Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Should it happen, Nairaland is Where we all fall back to.

The big question: HAS NAIRALAND COMPROMISED?

Not with any religious or tribal group, but with members and the purpose of this platform.

Two things I suspect about this post: either I get banned or it moves to the front page.

My humble opinion, please!

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of A Nairalander by meobizy(f): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Benefits? Lol.

A friend of mine said it best “Nairaland is the headquarters for broke Yoruba boys.”

Benefit #1. I get to moonlight being a broke Yoruba boy and understand the psychology behind their actions. So far, poverty motivates their every doing especially when it comes to scamming members of the platform.

My writing prowess has grown over the years. I was more concise in the past, but now I follow a more conversational pattern when I drop comments. Putting thoughts to paragraphed write-ups is near second nature now.

Benefit #2. I learned to type rubbish.

Children come here looking for who to rile using derogatory responses. Back in the day I could ignore them. However once in a while I bite back, learning along the line that the worst way to waste one’s life is debating back and forth with ignorant Nairalanders.

Benefit #3. If you won’t pay for my opinion then your retort will stay unreplied.

Reporting Nairalanders is always fun. I noticed a lot of transgressors seethe in rage for offenses which gave an endorphin rush then crashed immediately they caught a ban.

Benefit #4. Don’t go down to their level. Let them display their poor upbringings long enough then drop the hammer (report them) on their uncouth asses.

I love rubbing it in these broke faces that we’re not on the same level intellectually and financially. When I brag about my acquired wealth, these broke children type epistles trying to convince me that humility is the noblest path in life.

Benefit #5. Humility is overrated. Always remind these low lives that you’re superior to them whenever the opportunity rises.

I wish I could think up more. Anyway, this post was cathartic.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of A Nairalander by Ryan03(f): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
What I see as benefits may not be same for you cause maybe you could do them before joining the forum. So for me
1. I learnt to be outspoken. I use to overthink about anything I want to say, how it is going to affect the other person, will it hurt? What will the person or those around think about me? Will people be disappointed I me? Lol, this forum opened my eyes to the fact that nobody gives a rat ass about you. People will hurt you with their words and leave you to wallow in misery, you either fight back or swallow it. So now, you say rubbish to me, online or offline, I give it back hot, irrespective of who will be disappointed. I wasn't born to please you

2. I easily identify manipulative tactics from both guys and girls alike. Some people are wicked and will use you so badly without blinking. I was able to pull out if a very toxic relationship with the help of nairaland and family.

3. I got a government job through this forum. I saw the news here the very first day they opened portal, applied,went through the whole process and got it. I wouldn't have known about it without nairaland.

That said, the forum is becoming more and more toxic daily, sometimes I end up quarrelling till I log out, it's annoying. Sick people who can't display their sick mentality in reality see this faceless forum as an opportunity to pour their vileness. I feel so addicted to nairaland but I am making efforts to leave. Once I find another news portal like this with good community spirit, I'm leaving

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of A Nairalander by EngrMcDon(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Back then Nairaland was my source of authentic news,,, when nobody argues if any posted news is fake or real but nowadays everything goes...

In terms of the comments, I think the "like button" contributed a lot negatively because the quest to gather more "likes" has given rise to derogatory comments.

Before Nobody Dey Doubt Nairaland News

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See Pakistan Man That Used To Fake Coca-cola To Attack Customers / Nigeria Postal Code List For All 36 States : Full List / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.