Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail (27350 Views)

Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail - Vanguard / Breaking News! James Ibori Extradited To The Uk / Breaking News: James Ibori’s Sister, Mistress, Get Five Years In Uk Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by lastpage: 2:24pm On Apr 03, 2011
@userlist This is the answer to your "amazement"! wink

I'm amazed at Nigerians for supporting ineptitude. (GEJ)

1.  When Alesiamegha was stealing Goodluck folded his hands and just watched? (impossible): If u read your constitution, you will know that Depuy Gov'nors are just lame ducks. What did the Deputy of Lagos or any other state do? Tinubu sacked Bucknor that tried to raise her nose! grin
2.  What was his achievement as deputy governor? None: His achievements are the same as that of his Superior (Governor), Go check it out
3.  He lied when he said he spoke to Yar'udua on numerous occasion when he was sick (we are all witness): Dont manipulate history! GEJ was "completely shielded by the National Security Adviser to Yar Adua and people like Aandooaka! Dont blame GEJ for that at all
4.  His wife is as corrupt as any big corrupt person in Nigeria (remember 2 EFCC cases): This story has been on since 1999, how come Ribadu (chief prosecutor!) did not jail her or does she also have immunity? Better still, you yourself should take a "citizen action" or a "class action" against her, abi?Instead of just yarning!
5.  No balls, remember how Turai caged him before and after he became acting president: He has children so l can guarrantee his "excellent balls"! grin If he was fighting Turai over a camatose Yar Adua, same double-mouthed people like you will still come out to claim he wanted o kill the man and his wife so as to usurp his Post! Haaba, human-"beans"
6.  Remember how security officials took over Abuja airport. Stop displaying ignorance publicly, that "security arrangement was done by the NSA Mallam and in case you have short memory, Yar Adua's assistant was ready and under instruction to "shoot GEJ" if he dared seat on yar Adua's seat, during FEC meetings. Go back and see the pictures and see the "mai guard carry a gun, something that has never happened before duringa FEC meeting!
7.  He was in-charge of the committee that looked after power generation during Yar'udua (as minister):  Dont give a dog a bad name o you can hang it. GEJ was a Vice President, Not a Minister as you scandalously quoted! Again, I think you should direct any anger about "Power Generation", to OBJ. It was not GEJ who swindled the country of 16Billion naira and nothing to show for it.
8.  Said MENDs are not terrorist: Anyone that uses "Force and Terror" to achieve political objective, can be tagged a Terrorist. Now, Terrorist or terrorism might be the only means available to achieve a desirable end, as in the case of the Palestinian but that has nothing to do with the definition afterall, the U.S, U.K and the whole E.U is working hand-in-hand with Libyan Terrorist, as we speak now! Kini big deal?
9.  Received Bode George with open hands: I have checked and re-checked, l did not see GEJ in that reception. I saw OBJ of course and that Baba promptly did a U-Turn by saying he was deceived to attend angry Do you need spectacles o recognize that GEJ is a different person from OBJ? or is this just a case of "smear campaign"?
10. He said Babaginda is his mentor: Ribadu also said same and IBB "endorsed Ribadu"! Buhari too has had meetings with about any A-theif-ku in the political space. That is just "politics of numbers" since democracy is all about numbers. May be you're too young or too naive to realize this? Grow Up please!!
11. OBJ is his Godfather: As far as the south and West of Nigeria is concerned, you cannot discount OBJ out completely. A wise soldier knows not to fight ALL his enemies at once. Give GEJ more credit and intelligence than you want to. He deserves it and you will only underestimate him at your own peril,,,,,,,when he finally wins the election.
12. Tony Aneni is his Godfather. GEJ can actually make as many people that he thinks can corner votes for him (due to their political influence and amount of "mumu" follower-ship, its their vote that counts anyway!) HIS GOD FATHER AND MOTHER! Its the end that justify that kind of means and in democracy, what counts is the number of votes, not how many buffoons you have alienated. If l were GEJ,l will even make "you userlist", my Godfather,,,except that you dont count at all tongue Get it?
13. EFCC/ICPC is dead under his watch: Even Obama willnot take certain decisions during this his first term else, it would hunt him in re-election! For example, he could have forced Israel to "stop settlement expansion" in the Palestinian lands but he knows what the Israeli lobby and their apologist would do to his re-election! grin Such things, like GEJ ruffling the EFCC, is left till after he wins the election. Get smart or dont be a politician. Go and sell groundnut pls
14. Halliburton/Siemens/Julius Berger scandal hasn't been giving priority: You are jumping like Boys Scout! The man has spent about one year in transition and you want him to solve all the riddles in Nigeria? How come Nigeria is not America today, if that is how it works? Is GEJ now a judge of the High Court or Supreme Court? Is he the IPO or I.G of Police? Abeegi, Clueless people should stop commenting on what they know nothing about!
15. Hasn't done anything about the bomb blast all over the country: Bomb blast are a result of "injustice and un-equal yoking together of different nationalities making up Nigeria. Only a "break-up" or convening of "Sovereign National Conference" will resolve that. You cant do all that in one year. give the man some slck and stop poisoning yourself.
16. External reserve depleted under his watch: Again, you are being economical with the truth. Yar Adua and his "kitchen cabinet" (Andoaaka, Minister for Agriculture, NSA, e.t.c) ar the ones responsible for that. Like l said, you can only fight those kin of Cabal, "when your foot is firmly on ground", not when you thinking about re-election. Whether we like it or not, "evil people are also powerful and they can deploy both fiannacial and human resources against you. if you are not firmly rooted. Go ask Gov Fashola about this issue, and his House Members and then you will get my drift.
17. Excess crude oil account depleted under his watch: This is no different from your point 16. Again, we operate a federal system of government and each tier of Government is independent thus, if the whole federating units say "we want these money shared amongst us, the President has no other say, its a democracy, not a military government you know? Go grab some O-Level Government Textbook and do some catch-up please wink
18. Agreed to a debate but chickened out in the last minute

19. Uduahan is a wanted man in England but GEJ make sure he won his re-election: Thats not GEJ's problem! When the People of Tunisia got fed-up, they revolted and overthrew Ben Alli, When they got fed up with Mubarak, they "put their money where their mouth is", so to say. Same is happening in Libya now. In Nigeria, all people like you do is criticize and make a whole lot of noise! All motion and no movement! Demonstrate and push Uduaghan out and stop waiting for GEJ or anyone else.
20. Almost all known rouges in Nigeria today is a friend to GEJ: Dont blame GEJ for that, blame those "Smart Rogues"! grin EVERYONE, (and that includes you yourself), will be friendly with GEJ as a sitting President! Even OBJ still has friends! Its just common sense. He wants vote and some of  these thieves carry a lot of followership among people like you! The Thieves want state protection and being friendly with the President is a lot of INSURANCE! grin Go figure out the rest bro.
21. He said power problem will be a thing of the past in December 2010 (now shifted to 2015): At least he was humble enough to say the truth and eat humble pie. Expectations and reality are two different things. I would rather he promise 2015 (based on reality), than tell us it would be there in 2012 only to have our hopes dashed. I know Nigerians dont like truthful leaders, they deserve "the Maradona" witha gap-tooth grin
22. GEJ doesn't know how many percent of the budget has been implemented: Its not even his own budget! We have a "Budget steering and implementation committee". The President only gets BRIEFED about what is going on, he does not open all the books one after another. Learn how government works and stop giving yourself headache!
23. Igbinedion is charged with corruption but GEJ right hand man is Igbinedion's deputy: At least it was not the "Deputy" that was charged! Can a son answer for the sins of the father? How much more when its "Oga and Deputy"? Take the example of Fashola and Tinubu, when they both were in Government of Lagos. Do you get it? Tinubu, we know! Fashola, we now know,,,,,,,fill-in the gaps please. wink
24. He sent Orubebe to South Africa 6mths. to see Orka before the independent bomb blast: And what nonsense does this imply? If Orka is problematic as claimed, any new President needs to "try and sort him out" so that they dont keep causing him problems, abi? Abeegi, say something else joo!
25. Patricia Etteh/Farida Waziri given national award by Goodluck Jonathan: Stop displaying ignorance publicly. Go and find out who and who is responsible for national Awards; then comeback here and tell us if its part of the President's responsibility. He only does the "ceremonial conferment". I dont mean to be rude but whats your level of education, if l may ask?
26. Called south west political leaders bunch of rascals: GEJ is not the first person to say that! Even yourself made a reference to Bode George up there! Truth is, there are too many Rascals in the South West. People of the South West know them and this is a "no brainer" for GEJ. He only said what is common in the air. Next Please!
27. Junket around the globe with too many aids (no wonder our reserve is no more): Its called "International Diplomacy". I bet Hillary Clinton has mae more travels in the last two Months than GEJ has made in one year and she is not even a President! Wake up an smell the coffee boy!
28. During Yar'adua we had 60 plus advisers and assistant now GEJ added about 57: Thats at least, four less, right? Means GEJ is moving inthe right direction or where you expecting him to have more?
29. He made his Senegalese tailor and his wife hair dresser personal assistant: I guess it is your own "Tailor" you want him to patronize? (Something more like "Costume Director"  grin is more appropriate!) And come to think of it, someone who manages your image and appearance is certainly your "personal assistant" or is it the "grammar" that you cant understand?
30. Bribed those that voted for him during the primaries with $7,000 (multiplied by 2000 + people): Kini big deal When Attiku bribes $5,000? Do you expect Atiku to "out-bribe" Mr. President? I would be disappointed. All our political gladiators use money to achieve their end. Our Silly populace are the ones that also "demand and get" these money or is it Ghosts that he bribed? Go siddon joo, if the "Tithe" no reach your side, na im make you holla!
31. Refuse to bring those bad eggs that prevented him from becoming acting president:[b] He he was busy doing that, then the same people like you will go  to town to say he is too "Vindictive and has no forgiving spirit"! haaba, human "beans"![/b]
32. Yar'udua's signature was forged on the supplementary budget (nothing done till date): Again, "There is a time an season for everything". Cool down Bro, the opportunity is not yet lost.
33. Yar'udua's security vote was stolen during the saga ( nothing done till date): Thats a question for the National Security Adviser (Tilde, l think), to answer. Again, just wait till GEJ has secured power properly.

Finally, it is unsual for me to spend so much time answering or responding to such childish questions as above but l think we  are in a "silly-season" where every Tom, Di.ck and Harry who does not like President Jonathan , goes to town with some hate-filled story.
Its okay to disagree but it is wickedly-foolish to slander him.

I am not a fan of GEJ or any other useless Nigerian Poli-trick-cian for that matter.

Cheers, Lastpage
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by userlist(f): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Pataki

Go ahead and create whatever thread you want.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by userlist(f): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
@lastpage

People like you are the problem we have in Nigeria.
Keep it up
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by scopusng(m): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
In 2007 a London court froze UK assets worth $35m (£21m) allegedly belonging to him. His annual salary was less than $25,000.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
team gej can continue with the bs - we've all seen the wikileaks releases on ibori and how waziri did her best to potect him.

we will soon see ibori at aso rock for tea and biscuits - team gej must really be getting desperate

Exactly , SPOT ON, and please can we stop saying GEJ hates Ibori,

if all the wikileaks about all Farida Waziri are leaked out, it will be traced back to GEJ,

Ok if GEJ has no hand in it, why will someone who works under you be involved in Iboris's case and not get a sack

no matter how GEJ tries to look away 4rm this, it keeps getting back to him.

I repeat the 1st Lady has bn to Dubai 2ce to see Ibori in company of Bola Shagaya, Yes they have.

PDP will do anything to checkmate Ribadu, cos Ibori has vowed to put hum where Ribadu wants him,

its messy we all know and PDP /GEJ are actively working backwards, on a daily basis.
angry angry angry sad sad sad
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by figment232(m): 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2011
if it is proved dat GEJ is trying to seek ibori`s release im gonna vote for BUHARI
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
if it is proved dat GEJ is trying to seek ibori`s release im gonna vote for BUHARI

Bro believe me,  the rich and corrupt in Nigeria never fight each other to the point of not agreeing to disagree,

Was Bukola Saraki not Iboris leash/partner in crime while Yar Adua was in Saudi Arabia,

Is he not dinning with GEJ now,

They have even granted them Saraki banking licence even though it was proven that Bukola and his family ran the bank aground

(any1 remember the Okocha loss) grin

I repeat Patience Goodluck has seen James Ibori in Dubai twice with Bola Shagaya, I stand by my statement

They never fight each other for life, It was just Power show like OBJ and IBB have bn doing for years

Ibori had to leave for GEJ to get his mandate,  shocked

Now he is President, an Olive branch has bn offered, courtesy of a few Bad Eggs like Farida Waziri and co

One of Davids right hand men Mr. David Edevbie is still very much working the streets a free man yet wanted on London

Lets not deceive ourselves, They are all Buddies , we are the outsiders,

Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Gbenge77(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
The UK still seeks his extradition so his travails may not be over yet
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Gbenge77(m): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2011
The UK still seek his extradition so his travails may not be over yet
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by haleonic: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
It's shameful to hear this kind of news
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
they are a bunch of jokers and idiots, that i can tell you 4 free

Soon s that goon Ibori returns,

He will dine with GEJ all in the name of peace making,

BASTARDS, OOOOS,  angry
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by gymer(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2011
NASS election now holds on 9th April, Presidential 16th April and Governors and House of Assemblies now holds on 26th of April
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by roxell120(m): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2011
plz does anyone observe how lenient our laws are to offenders.is it helping to curb corruption or encourage it.how can someone steal billions and is handed down 6 months inprisonment? can dis prevent people from engaging in similar crimes? no.and again has anyone observed how corrupt our law enforcement agents are while on duty? by this i mean the police which we come in contact with on daily basis.they arrest u for an offence the next munite there is unofficial negociation ie bribe to let go.and the breakdown of law and order continues.we have a veeeeery big problem here because it happens in every ministry and parastatals all over nigeria.to me nigeria should be on top of corruption list of countries despite all the noise about fight against it.we should look into severe punishment or penalties for law breakers notwithstanding who is affected.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
James may your plane drop out of the sky if you are planning to come back to Nigeria and may all those working for your
release bear the consequences that anyone that steals peoples Money bear.

BaaaaaaaSSSSSSSSTTTTTT aaaaaaaaarrrrr DDDDDDDDDD.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Akpuoru: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2011
I wish him quick recovery and pray he returns back to Nigeria soon. If you don't like him, go and die!!
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
I wish him quick recovery and pray he returns back to Nigeria soon. If you don't like him, go and die!!

@ Akpuoru , hmmm. what a pity,  what a shame,

That is why we are wia we are,  cos of People like you,  sad

Ibori was young and agile when he had a chance to rule and make a difference, but he chose to do otherwise,

He his a disgrace to his name and all his followers, he will forever be on the run, AMEN

Defend him as much as u like, he's not my bread and butter neither does he feed me ,

I guess you are one of his ??gs on a leash, enjoy the meal,  yuck yuck.

The good LORD will rise up and fight for this country when the time comes/when the hungry are pushed to the wall

Then the oppressed/victims will deal with the oppressor,  AMEN
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by aboki1010: 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
what kinda forum is this? Release and Bail are very 2 different dimensions, the case remains all court proceedings still valid but he's not detained simple. Now we blame GEJ for a dubai incident, i wonder the way some nigerians think. read a little about legal matters before replying to a forum.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by lastpage: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
@lastpage

People like you are the problem we have in Nigeria.
Keep it up
@userlist,
On the other hand, l think people like you are actually a "representation and manifestation of Nigeria's problems"!

You allow your "personal hatred of "one person to becloud your judgment" of the the big/whole issue!

What l still dont understand (in as much as l dont like GEJ or any of the current sycophants calling themselves politicians) is WHY every little thing that happens in Nigeria MUST be attributed to GEJ?

I agree with it, when people point out some of the wrong things he has done; Like giving a press conference over the first bomb blast in Abuja, before any investigation has been concluded. That was jumping the gun!

But how come when you fart, it is because of GEJ?
When your car tyre busts, It is GEJ?
When your driver buys less fuel than you paid for, in your car, it is GEJ
When your wife dumps you, it is GEJ's fault! grin
Just about anything we can think of, is caused by GEJ? Peeps have completely lost their sense of reasoning, just because they dont like GEJ!

This is what l tried to show "you and your likes" in my reply: Dont attribute everything, even your own failure, to GEJ.
Dont expect GEJ to turn Nigeria into Eldorado, in one year, when all other Presidents have not and could not do same in 50years! IT IS AN UNFAIR EXPECTATION.
Period! This is all l set to point out.

My reply was not and has nothing to do with Ibori.
Like all Thieves, the day of reckoning will come for him, sooner than expected.
And again, granting someone "Bail" is never the same as "acquitting him of criminal charges". He will still stand trial.

And please,learn how "Politics" is played in Nigeria. read what "ideylaff" wrote below, in his/her post.
All these thieves dont fight each other, it is "ordinary laymen" like me and you that wring our necks off, on their behalf!
They dont even give a hoot whether we exists or not.

All those "display of fighting" they do in public, is just to give us something to "chew on" while they loot us dry!
Can you ever imagine that "Dimeji Bankole and Gbenga Daniel" would enter the same Helicopter (Wish it crashed! grin ), after their "public fight" over the opening of that Otta Bridge? Think about it, think about how the "lay men" nearly killed themselves, taking sides!

That is Nigerian Politics for you grin grin Very wicked Politics! angry
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Rorhymes(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
How can GEJ have assisted in Releasing IBORI??

Does he even have a say in DUBAI? he is not even a muslim for starters so there is no 'brotherly love' to even start with.

they have too much money already so they couldn't have been bribed. so the only options are he has serves his term or he has a 'johnny cockran' type of lawyer. i'll be going for the latter though.

But wat is the relationship betwen ibori and GEJ? stop postulating conspiracy theories and be real
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2011

How can GEJ have assisted in Releasing IBORI??

Does he even have a say in DUBAI? he is not even a muslim for starters so there is no 'brotherly love' to even start with.

they have too much money already so they couldn't have been bribed. so the only options are he has serves his term or he has a 'johnny cockran' type of lawyer. i'll be going for the latter though.

But wat is the relationship betwen ibori and GEJ? stop postulating conspiracy theories and be real

@ Rorhymes you sound like you are new to the world order or the saying that goes "what govt do behind close doors stays there until they want it out"

GEJ can easily effect what is going in Dubai, same way the Americans were upset that The British Govt were already talking to Ghaddafi/Libyan about the release of the Lockerbie Bomber behind the yanks  back way b4 he was released.

http://www.plime.com/l/132650/1/

http://justaswethought..com/2009/08/american-humbug-over-lockerbie.html

This happens everyday, once you have a high profile case like Iboris, they involve the Native home country of the accused.

Trust me if Wiki Leaks were actively spilling the news like b4, there would have bn a conversation not with Goodluck directly ( so no traces can be done) but with someone close to the seat of Government.

I mean did you not see the Letters Madam Farida Waziri (EFCC) was writing all over the place to exonerate Ibori

if they release him to stay in Dubai, then 9ija Govt get hand 20 %, but if they release him to go to 9ija and come back 4 his case den you know that 9ija government get hand fully.

In relation to this, all the story about Alams escaping in  ladies clothes and all, was aided by the British Government in collusion with Nija government, if not why will a fugitive warrant NOT be issued for Alams the moment he left UK

To make matters worse Nija Govt tried to fool us as if they wanted to ship him back to the UK while the UK also fooled us by refusing him a VISA

Pesin run komot for your country, we wan send am back to face the music and u come say u no want anymore.

You know what happened in the case of Alams, this is not even Wikileaks, when Alams plane landed from Europe, think he was coming 4rm Germany/Amsterdam,

The Nija link phoned up the UK security forces to tell them that there was a terrorist on the plane, to give Alams case a much more bad outlook as if he was not bad enough as a useless governor.

Witnesses on the same flight with him confirmed that their plane was surrounded on the tarmac as soon as it landed with Police Cars and anti bomb squad, Alams was handcuffed right frOm the plane,

later the British Government found no link of terrorism on him bar the large sum of money found all over his house and on his person.

All the while pressure from Aso (OBJ) was mounting, jail him, find him guilty, bla bla bla, until the British said u know what this man
is YOUR own problem, deal with him @ Home yourselves, the rest is history, the mans was allowed to escape some how sha and was not allowed back into the UK anymore.

before we could say Jack Robinson, he was back in PDP's arms and also given a job by GEJ/Yar ADUA/,

so my brother stop thinking within the box, that 9ija no get anything to do with Ibori in Dubai, countries don't deal
like that, they communicate all the time.

Back to your line that Dubai is rich enough, is the UK not rich enough,  yet they let the Lockerbie bomber go in exchange for Juicy oil contracts
for UK oil companies, to get a leg in b4 the yanks, unlike the yanks who excluded form tjhe Juicy Iraq contracts even though they fought the war together

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-blairs-secret-calls-to-gaddafi-2226887.html

UK charm offensive preceded Lockerbie bomber's release

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41464628/ns/world_news-europe/

Secret letters reveal Labour’s Libyan deal

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6814974.ece

NOW YOU CAN SEE HOE GOVERNMENTS WORK WITH EACH OTHER IN THE INTEREST OF PEACE, FAVOUR OR ONE OTHER KIND DEED

MY BRO WE ARE THE OUTSIDERS OOOO, THESE PEOPLE SHARE 2 COMMON INTEREST (MONEY AND POWER),
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by rasputinn(m): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
Some people are really ignorant to think GEJ has a hand in Ibori's unfortunate bail
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
sOme people are really ignorant to think GEJ has a hand in Ibori's unfortunate bail

WE ARE SAYING HE COULD,

JUST WATCH THIS SPACE , YOU WILL SEE IBORI AT A PDP RALLY OR PALLY PARTY LIKE ALAMS/(BAYELSA) HOLDING EACH OTHER HANDS,

JUST WATCH THIS SPACE, YOU DONT KNOW POLITICIANS HAVE NO SCRUPLES
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Sunofgod(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
Let him come back and face trial in Nigeria.

Has Muhamed Abacha seen the inside of an overseas court despite all the laundered money thats be seized?
Better still, has D. Cheney seen the inside of a Nigerian court?
There is no such thing as 'fair justice' in this world.
I'm sure he'll be treated fairly (depending on how much of his ill gotten gains he gives up)
I would rather at least some of the money in question be seized by a Nigerian court and not a UK court.

Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ideylaff: 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
All those "display of fighting" they do in public, is just to give us something to "chew on" while they loot us dry!
Can you ever imagine that "Dimeji Bankole and Gbenga Daniel" would enter the same Helicopter (Wish it crashed! ), after their "public fight" over the opening of that Otta Bridge? Think about it, think about how the "lay men" nearly killed themselves, taking sides!

@ lastpage thank you for that example ooooo another one is Atiku that OBJ nearly finished, opened his yansh so much that he just lost the little respect he had in public,

Did Atiiku not visit OBJ in Ota, both of them smiling and shaking hands, grin

Why cos he wanted Baba to back him on his Presidential bid,

these people are criminals, and schemers
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by Osocan(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2011
U know
My april fool was
''Ibori don die 4 dubai''
Meanwhile
4 Oghara people say
Ibori don return 2 town.
Dat kind celebration no resemble april fool.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ceah(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2011
Why all the Noise? Let the change begin with you;

http://www.facebook.com/BBIntegrityVanguard

Report your effort on Buhari/Bakare Here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-611008.640.html#msg8073490
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by aletheia(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
E be like say shame go catch some people:

James Ibori Extradited to the UK (Updated)
April 15, 2011 - 14:55 — siteadmin
caption: Ibori off to London-Cartoon by Freida Okono

James Ibori, the former governor of Delta state, was finally extradited to United Kingdom today after the London Metropolitan police foiled his latest plot to flee from the United Arab Emirates through a series of complex legal manipulations he hatched in Dubai.

Ibori was re-arrested last night in his Dubai mansion and taken to an extradition processing center from where he was later flown to the UK.  He is expected arrive in London at about 1:00p.m. local time.

SaharaReporters learnt from UAE government sources that the former governor was accompanied by officers of the UK Metropolitan police Proceeds of Crimes Unit.

Ibori will face three separate trials in the UK relating to money laundering and theft.  Some of his accomplices, including his wife, Theresa; his sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori; and a mistress, Udoamaka-Okoronkwo (nee Onuigbo), are already spending prison terms in various jail houses in the UK.   Just over a week ago, on April 1, his UK lawyer, Bhadresh Gohil, was given a 10-year sentence.  The sentence will run concurrently with a previous seven-year conviction.
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by rasputinn(m): 11:59am On May 14, 2011
ideylaff:

WE ARE SAYING HE COULD,

JUST WATCH THIS SPACE , YOU WILL SEE IBORI AT A PDP RALLY OR PALLY PARTY LIKE ALAMS/(BAYELSA) HOLDING EACH OTHER HANDS,

JUST WATCH THIS SPACE, YOU DONT KNOW POLITICIANS HAVE NO SCRUPLES

O boy,you still dey laff
I watched the space and NADA happened

Moral:We should be less hasty to draw conclusions
Re: Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail by ofala(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2011
Time to re-visit death sentence. This time for corrupt thieves. ANYONE signing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Ministerial Screening Report From Saraki (Photos) / I Have Fears Covid-19 Funds Will Be Looted - Olaniyan / I Cannot Tell The Governor On What To Do After Leaving Office - Wike (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.