Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration (12610 Views)

INEC May Not Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / INEC To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / Davido: INEC Planning To Declare Osun Election Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Aguilar:
UNA DEY MAD

You must have some strange ways of thinking.

For once INEC is making a sensible decision, and you are calling them mad.

Right.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Rugaria: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2021
What are they up to? Where they not the same people who fought hard against this in the past? So much so that Buhari refused to get his id until he became president..
They have gotten enough quantity of fulanis into the country?
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by solmusdesigns: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Politicians would destroy this wonderful NIN platform
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by annaelechukwu: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Continue planning..
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by lexy2014: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2021
inoki247:
NiN this NiN that like say he go reduce crime...

I sha pray they've strong Database..

Same way they said BVN will stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption but here we are. D govt doesn't take responsibility for its failures. It keeps looking for whom or what to blame

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Godbless3(m): 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
They are not planning at all, rather they have already dicided.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by staetic: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
why cant we just use the nin for voting ?
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Grace001:
So this was the REAL motive behind this NIN thing. A plan to disenfranchise people from voting come 2023.

APC una weldone

Eh?

Registartion for NIN is an ongoing affair....

If you don't register for NIN before election time...you have yourself to blame.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by zoedew: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Secret ballot blown!
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by miniziter(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Let them include it in debit card transaction authorisation too
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Cburke(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Una weldone.

Jus scheming as usual!

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by adenigga(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2021
miniziter:
Let them include it in debit card transaction authorisation too

!!!.....

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by rman: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Majority of Nigerians on social media lacks critical thinking.

This is a good idea as it will eliminate voter fraud if properly implemented.

In fact, with NIN, you are closer to getting the true picture of our population.

The moment we get this unique identifier right, and there is proper backend integration of the different data bases, a lot of things will fall in place.

Issues around voter fraud, kidnapping, 419, will reduce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Edugist4u: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2021
People still dey vote?
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by olisaEze(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2021
This linking of NIN is based on the assumption that no foreigner living or visiting Nigeria owns a mobile phone line which is a big fat lie!

This NIN which we’re all being coerced to link with our SIMs is no where on the plastic ID card. Even if you have collected the ID card and turned in ur slip, you will still be forced to go through this exercise.

Now if an undocumented foreigner, with an MTN or Airtel SIM successfully links his generated NIN to his SIM card, and uses it to apply for a voters card, he has circumvented every other process to become a Nigerian citizen from the comfort of his home!

Now ask yourselves, who wants to be a Nigerian so bad even as Nigerians are running abroad?

Na dem...awon Fulani butchers.

Even a Nigerien with a Nigerian SIM card can come in, do this and start chopping our oyel money more than me because of his aboki name, at least till 2023 or till it runs dry!

GOD WII PUNISH EVERYONE OF YOU THAT BROUGHT DIS CALAMITY OF A GOVT UPON OUR HEADS SINCE 2015! angry

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2021
that's good nah
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by meobizy(f): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2021
I don't vote so I can do without it.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by cluewebhost(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2021
Why dont we scrap voter ID and just use nin?

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by adenigga(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2021
phransix2:

Did you have to quote your own post?

Your situation in pictorial illustration!!!

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by HopeAlive16(f): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2021
As if that will stop the elections from being rigged... misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Grace001: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Eh?

Registartion for NIN is an ongoing affair....

If you don't register for NIN before election time...you have yourself to blame.

Mister man, I will have myself to be blame over what ?
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Grace001:

Mister man, I will have myself to be blame over what ?

Not registering for your NIN.

But since you don't want to , don't. You probably won't be voting, and I can't force you not to go vote.

Good am.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Grace001: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Not registering for your NIN.

But since you don't want to , don't. You probably won't be voting, and I can't force you not to go vote.

Good am.

Vote for same old fools that has been in corridor of power since 70s those heartless power drunk politicians that has rendered the lives of Nigerians useless ( with e go better mentality) ? Not me. I lost hope in Nigeria for a very long time and it paying off for me.

Because nothing dey shock me about this failed country anymore.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2021
Grace001:

Vote for same old fools that has been in corridor of power since 70s those heartless power drunk politicians that has rendered the lives of Nigerians useless ( with e go better mentality) ? Not me. I lost hope in Nigeria for a very long time and it paying off for me.

Because nothing dey shock me about this failed country anymore.

Okay, go form your party and work for the change you want.

The nice countries you admire are nice because people worked and suffered to make them nice.

Democracy is hard work. No one is going to take power and give you all you want...you have to work for it. Hard.

(And yes, I think Nigerian leadership is awful too)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by primestreams: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2021
Nice idea
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Ezmans: 8:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Kamdil:
They cannot implement this one,they know it will jeopardise their rigging plan,and reduce voters turn out,so they will not do this as they will be at the receiving end.

The policies they implement with force are the ones that has to do with individual comfort of the citizens, and will not affect them as the leaders.

Wicked fellows.
another story
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by 2shaw: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2021
My only worry is all the clients i bombed,all of them ran when they saw billing. I mean come on my c350 is needed badly. Why sre they running from my small billing na,pls na i no wan do ogume pls.na by force

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by BluntCrazeMan: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2021
LET THEM LINK NIN NUMBERS TO THEIR NONSENSE VOTER'S CARDS....
All these their nonsense talks is total nonsense.!!

1 Like

Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by kitombo: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2021
rman:
Majority of Nigerians on social media lacks critical thinking.

This is a good idea as it will eliminate voter fraud if properly implemented.

In fact, with NIN, you are closer to getting the true picture of our population.

The moment with get this unique identifier right, and their is proper backend integration of the different data bases, a lot of things will fall in place.

Issues around voter fraud, kidnapping, 419, will reduce

I'm concerned about this NIN requirement for voter registration. Just yesterday, i heard an NIMC official saying on TV that Nigerians and foreigners living in Nigeria, for at least two years, are entitled to it.

If the INEC requirement for NIN is sacrosanct, it means Nigerians and foreigners alike may pertake in the electoral process; Or is that the intention? The Nigerien in my hood is already processing his.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Grace001: 8:41am On Jan 20, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Okay, go form your party and work for the change you want.

The nice countries you admire are nice because people worked and suffered to make them nice.

Democracy is hard work. No one is going to take power and give you all you want...you have to work for it. Hard.

(And yes, I think Nigerian leadership is awful too)

Since you have been a loyal PATRIOT what difference has your input made ? Obviously you’re just a common man in Nigeria so your input makes no difference, and if you have the courage to die for Nigeria since you’re a patriot happy dying in advance

If you don’t know, only those who are elected as leaders have the constitutional authority that can make 80% changes and policies decision that will better the lives of the masses. But this wicked old cargoes politicians has refused to make good policies and decision that will better the lives of the masses

It’s too early for this Abeg. Don’t quote me again
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by SEGLIZ: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2021
this people are becoming so foolish and insane.
Re: INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration by Jdbrasco2: 8:44am On Jan 20, 2021
This will be nice if well implemented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo’s Speech After His First Day At Work As Governor Of Anambra (Video) / Campaigns: Politicians Bombard Police With Special Protection Requests / Court Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi's Aides Over Kano Emirate Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.