Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL (22672 Views)

Manchester City Win EPL Title After Leicester Beat Manchester United / Ndidi Man Of The Match As Leicester City Stun Liverpool / Kelechi Iheanacho Scores 94th Goal Winner As Leicester Beat Everton 2-1 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by ogbiwa: 6:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Leicester City moved to the top of the Premier League table and increased the pressure on struggling Chelsea manager Frank Lampard with an impressive victory at The King Power Stadium.

The Foxes knew a win would see them overhaul Manchester United and they were on their way after only six minutes when Wilfred Ndidi fired in off the inside of the post from 20 yards.

Chelsea rarely threatened, although they were denied a first-half penalty by VAR when Christian Pulisic went down under a challenge from Jonny Evans, only for the technology to confirm the offence took place just outside the area.

Lampard's misery was swiftly reinforced as Leicester City broke clear to add a second four minutes before the break, James Maddison sweeping a cool finish past Chelsea keeper Edouard Mendy on the half-volley from Marc Albrighton's pass.

Lampard 'worried' by Chelsea slump
Chelsea barely raised a gallop after the break and it was Leicester who created the better openings as James Justin headed wide when unmarked and Mendy saved from Youri Tielemans.

Leicester are now a point ahead of Manchester United having played a game more while Chelsea are in eighth, five points off the Champions League places.

Since beating Leeds to go top of the table in December, Chelsea have taken just seven points from their last 24 available in the Premier League.

Make no mistake - Chelsea manager Lampard is under increasing pressure after another dreadful performance on a night they could have used to show signs of recovery against an in-form side.

Instead, this was a wretched affair lacking any spark and urgency, and more significantly desire, with Leicester closing out the win with barely a moment of anxiety all night.

Chelsea were sloppy in midfield, toothless in attack and soft in defence, falling asleep at a free-kick and a corner for Leicester's first from Ndidi then being undone by a routine angled pass from Albrighton.

The body language was resigned, with not the hint of a second-half revival, while there will also be renewed scrutiny on Lampard's transfer policy.

Timo Werner, for all the consoling words heaped upon the £47.5m signing by Lampard, only started on the bench while £71m summer capture Kai Havertz was a non-existent presence on the pitch - it was no surprise when he was replaced in the second half.

Lampard will be well aware of the reality of his situation. He will know his background as a Chelsea great will not spare him from judgement by owner Roman Abramovich.

He must hope the fact that Chelsea are not yet adrift of the Champions League places will give him more time but given a summer expenditure of more than £200m, performances as poor as this will only turn up the heat on the manager.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55627849

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Robnectar(m): 6:41am On Jan 20, 2021
FP plz cc lalasticlala grin

1 Like

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Freestainworld(m): 6:52am On Jan 20, 2021
This is why I like EPL, always full of surprises, a league where any team wins despite its position in the table.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Jayrockk: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Mad o
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by DEEBOZZ(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2021
I didn't blamed Chelsea, I blame my Arsenal for not defeating Crystal Palace last week.
By now we would have be on the same page with small club Chelsea cheesy cheesy

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by IGoComotYaTeeth: 7:06am On Jan 20, 2021
I love seeing Assnal and Chelshit fans suffer grin

9 Likes

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2021
N
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Offpoint1: 7:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Up Up blues....

I believe Chelsea will top the table nextcheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Jazzafizzy(f): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by officialsaw01(m): 7:07am On Jan 20, 2021
Na wa o, top of d table!
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Adedotguy: 7:07am On Jan 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by TANID(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2021
SPACE BOOK
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by shakyum: 7:08am On Jan 20, 2021
but people were actually expecting struggling Chelsea to beat stubborn Leicester?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by anonymous1759(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Freestainworld:
This is why I like EPL, always full of surprises, a league where any team wins despite its position in the table.
undecided
Like other Big Teams don't loose in other leagues EPL fans with bragging are 5&6

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by reccy(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Its painful seeing my dear club playing without ambition.
No movement, everybody playing to be safe, no threat, no link, no risk, no no no motivator........

God! I think for now, we should part away with lampard and bring an experienced coach....
Lampard could still come in distant future when he has what it takes to manage big club.

What is saving him right now is him being british, thats why the british media are trying to protect him.... Try this with non british and see hell on earth..

When i watch Chelsea with their boring back pass always, it sucks and annoying......

We only hope it gets better soon.

KTBFFH

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by fuckdemrepented: 7:10am On Jan 20, 2021
After spending 200+ million

3 Likes

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by adonnii(f): 7:10am On Jan 20, 2021
Take a look at Barca now struggling with smaller Teams as a Result of
Average players.
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by osazsky(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2021
But man u won the league last month after 17 games..
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by francisbarrack(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Chelsea too dey run bonanza

1 Like

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Enudapan: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Ndidi the main odogwu

5 Likes

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Formularcr7: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Ndidi my man

4 Likes

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by money121(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2021
An aU that was in 15 position in November were first last week. I laugh. That table is another thing
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2021
We don hear anytin wey involve chelsea this season i don comot my hand

1 Like

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by frankmoney(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Can we now agree that ole is better Lampard ?

1 Like

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by MorataFC: 7:17am On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by MorataFC: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2021
What a caption? angry
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by Capnd143(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2021
adonnii:
They should feature him more on leagues
lol..what are you saying? Dude starts every single game for Leicester. Unless he's injured

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by mosdii(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2021
This too shall pass.
Re: Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL by mids(m): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2021
Chelsea never saw this coming...enjoy your package.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Moses Trains With Teammates Ahead Of Champions League Clash (photo) / Victor Osimhen And Ademola Lookman Top Serie A Goal Chart / Jay Jay Okocha Vs Kanu Nwankwo,who Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.