Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? (284 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2021
A saved Christian cannot lose his salvation, he is eternally secured (Eph 4:30 kjv) “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” Once saved, always saved. God is not a man that gives you a gift and takes it back.

But a saved Christian can walk after the flesh and do the things a lost man does if does not walk in the Spirit (Gal 5:16 kjv) “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

Things a saved Christian can lose if he lives after the flesh:
1. His fellowship with Jesus Christ (1 John 1:6-7 kjv). The parable of the prodigal son is the perfect illustration of a son that lost his fellowship with the father, and later regained it.

2. His testimony (1 Cor 8:7-13; Gen 19:14; 2 Pet 2:6-8 kjv).

3. His service (1 Cor 9:27 kjv).

4. His rewards at the judgement seat of Christ (2 John 8; 1 Cor 3:15 kjv).

5. His health (1 Cor 11:29-30 kjv).

6. His physical life (1 Cor 11:30, Acts 5:5, Rom 8:13 kjv).
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by falcon01: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2021
1. Freedom 2. Ability to Think Rationally 3. Depth Knowledge 4. perception of Reality 5. Money
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2021
iyambz:
A saved Christian cannot lose his salvation, he is eternally secured (Eph 4:30 kjv) “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” Once saved, always saved. God is not a man that gives you a gift and takes it back.

But a saved Christian can walk after the flesh and do the things a lost man does if does not walk in the Spirit (Gal 5:16 kjv) “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

Things a saved Christian can lose if he lives after the flesh:
1. His fellowship with Jesus Christ (1 John 1:6-7 kjv). The parable of the prodigal son is the perfect illustration of a son that lost his fellowship with the father, and later regained it.

2. His testimony (1 Cor 8:7-13; Gen 19:14; 2 Pet 2:6-8 kjv).

3. His service (1 Cor 9:27 kjv).

4. His rewards at the judgement seat of Christ (2 John 8; 1 Cor 3:15 kjv).

5. His health (1 Cor 11:29-30 kjv).

6. His physical life (1 Cor 11:30, Acts 5:5, Rom 8:13 kjv).
Rewards at the judgement seat of Christ? According to Jesus Christ, there is no reward (good) for those who are to be judged. Matthew 25 vs 31 through 46 and John 5 vs 19 -30. undecided

As for losing one's service and one's health, I am not sure that is of God either since Jesus Christ never said that those who sin against Him will be struck down in anyway.
@OP, please consult the New Covenant for instructions on such things rather than arbitraryly assuming things that God Himself never declared.

To suggest that God tears away His mercy and compassion from those who sins against Him(not a blaspheme who is instead instantly put to death) is to try to present God, yet again, in a "light" that is not of Him.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2021
[s]
falcon01:
1. Freedom
2. Ability to Think Rationally
3. Depth Knowledge
4. perception of Reality
5. Money
[/s]

1. Slavery/bondage.
2. Ability to think wrongly.
3. Distorted knowledge.
4. Perception of false-assumed reality.
5. Ill wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Rewards at the judgement seat of Christ? According to Jesus Christ, there is no reward (good) for those who are to be judged. Matthew 25 vs 31 through 46 and John 5 vs 19 -30. undecided

As for losing one's service and one's health, I am not sure that is of God either since Jesus Christ never said that those who sin against Him will be struck down in anyway.
@OP, please consult the New Covenant for instructions on such things rather than arbitraryly assuming things that God Himself never declared.

To suggest that God tears away His mercy and compassion from those who sins against Him(not a blasphemer) is to try to present God, yet again, in a light that is not of Him.

1. The verse you quoted in Matt, when was it? Was Christ speaking to Christians or Jews? Has the body of Christ began then? Was Christ crucified yet? That verse is the judgement of the nations who didn’t help the Jews during the tribulation when they were persecuted by the antichrist.

2. I told you before that you got a heart problem. You do everything to prove that the devil does not exist. You wrestle with the scriptures all the time to your own destruction. You have an idol in your heart that you have to let go so that God’s word can show light into your heart.

3. (1 Cor 3:15-16 kjv) “If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss.” (2 Cor 5:10 kjv) - “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

4. You didn’t even check out the verses i quoted, you are here giving out your own opinion. Now you are equal to God. Haha. Do you know that we serve a God that laughs? (Psalms 2:1-4 kjv) “ Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.”
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
iyambz:

1. The verse you quoted in Matt, when was it? Was Christ speaking to Christians or Jews? Has the body of Christ began then? Was Christ crucified yet? That verse is the judgement of the nations who didn’t help the Jews during the tribulation when they were persecuted by the antichrist.

2. I told you before that you got a heart problem. You do everything to prove that the devil does not exist. You wrestle with the scriptures all the time to your own destruction. You have an idol in your heart that you have to let go so that God’s word can show light into your heart.

3. (1 Cor 3:15-16 kjv) “If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss.” (2 Cor 5:10 kjv) - “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

4. You didn’t even check out the verses i quoted, you are here giving out your own opinion. Now you are equal to God. Haha. Do you know that we serve a God that laughs? (Psalms 2:1-4 kjv) “ Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.”
You lost me right after number 1 where you suggest that everything Jesus Christ said before going to the cross can be thrown out.

So His teachings, the very same teachings He gave His disciples to go around teaching to everyone who will listen, you suggest needs to be sectioned and that which You conveniently deem useless thrown out? undecided

Both Matthew 25 vs 31-46 and John 5 vs 19-31 clearly has Jesus Christ speaking of the judgement that awaits those who belong to Him..some marked as His sheep while those who refuse to obey Him are marked as His Goats... But clearly, you have found for yourself a way to inject lies of your own choosing into what is clearly written and made clear to you there. I will ask why undecided
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You lost me right after number 1 where you suggest that everything Jesus Christ said before going to the cross can be thrown out.

So His teachings, the very same teachings He gave His disciples to go around teaching to everyone who will listen, you suggest needs to be sectioned and that which You conveniently deem useless thrown out? undecided

Both Matthew 25 vs 31-46 and John 5 vs 19-31 clearly has Jesus Christ speaking of the judgement that awaits those who belong to Him..some marked as His sheep while those who refuse to obey Him are marked as His Goats... But clearly, you have found for yourself a way to inject lies of your own choosing into what is clearly written and made clear to you there. I will ask why undecided

1. That Matt 25 is still in the future. Except you are a postmillennialist. We are in the church age, not in the tribulation.

2. It's obvious you're not saved yet. Get saved first, otherwise you will keep wrestling with God's words.

3. You have an authority issue. You think being a good person will take you to Heaven? Well none is good. If you like keep deceiving yourself.

4. I cannot help you.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 8:47am On Jan 20, 2021
iyambz:

1. That Matt 25 is still in the future. Except you are a postmillennialist. We are in the church age, not in the tribulation.

2. It's obvious you're not saved yet. Get saved first, otherwise you will keep wrestling with God's words.

3. You have an authority issue. You think being a good person will take you to Heaven? Well none is good. If you like keep deceiving yourself.

4. I cannot help you.
um... Jesus Christ Himself told you that He has come to save...not to condemn. His judgement is not until after His return, so obviously whatever "rewards" await those who will be judged by Him will not be doled out until after His return. undecided

You know, rather than creating these ill-informed topics and attacking me for stating the obvious, why not go offline and in fact ask God to teach you about Himself first. Then one you probably know more about the one you claim to serve. Attacking me will not change the fact that you don't know Him who you claim to serve.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
um... Jesus Christ Himself told you that He has come to save...not to condemn. His judgement is not until after His return, so obviously whatever "rewards" await those who will be judged by Him will not be doled out until after His return. undecided

You know, rather than creating these ill-informed topics and attacking me for stating the obvious, why not go offline and in fact ask God to teach you about Himself first. Then one you probably know more about the one you claim to serve. Attacking me will not change the fact that you don't know Him who you claim to serve.

1. I never attacked you. I’m only defending God’s words which you have been busy attacking. You know why? I’m not ashamed of Jesus.

2. (Prov 13:10) only by pride cometh contention. One thing about proud people is that they don’t know facts, even if they know, they wont accept it. They don’t care about what God says.

3. If you can only humble yourself, study Pauline epistles which was written to Christians, read the context of Matt 25, or better start with Matt 24 which is a chapter on the tribulation. Stop going to the Bible with a preconceived notion of what you wants it to say.

4. You are not a Jew, you are a Christian if you are saved.

5. I’m just a Bible student, not a scholar, never will i be.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2021
iyambz:

1. I never attacked you. I’m only defending God’s words which you have been busy attacking. You know why? I’m not ashamed of Jesus.

2. (Prov 13:10) only by pride cometh contention. One thing about proud people is that they don’t know facts, even if they know, they wont accept it. They don’t care about what God says.

3. If you can only humble yourself, study Pauline epistles which was written to Christians, read the context of Matt 25, or better start with Matt 24 which is a chapter on the tribulation. Stop going to the Bible with a preconceived notion of what you wants it to say.

4. You are not a Jew, you are a Christian if you are saved.

5. I’m just a Bible student, not a scholar, never will i be.

You are defending God's word by suggesting the word out of God's own mouth needs to be passed through your interpretation of Paul's writing? shocked shocked

You unashamedly suggest that Jesus Christ's own words can not stand on their own yet you want me to believe it has nothing to do with your being As amed of Jesus Christ in some way as you continue to question His competence? lipsrsealed

You never actually opened Matthew 25 vs 31 to read since you claim that context begins somewhere in Matthew 24. undecided

Again....
Kobojunkie:

Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are defending God's word by suggesting the word out of God's own mouth needs to be passed through your interpretation of Paul's writing? shocked shocked

You unashamedly suggest that Jesus Christ's own words can not stand on their own yet you want me to believe it has nothing to do with your being As amed of Jesus Christ in some way as you continue to question His competence? lipsrsealed

You never actually opened Matthew 25 vs 31 to read since you claim that context begins somewhere in Matthew 24. undecided

Again....

Here comes the attack again. You are sick man, I can’t help you. You better examine yourself.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Again....

(Titus 3:10-11 kjv) - “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.”
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2021
iyambz:

(Titus 3:10-11 kjv) - “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.”
undecided

Again...
Kobojunkie:

Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

Again...

Again...

Titus 3:10-11 kjv) - “A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.”
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Once saved is not forever saved. Stop preaching heresy.

Same way a prophet later turned to a herbalist and if he doesnt repent, when he dies, straight to hell.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41am On Jan 20, 2021
Come and see

ISU ATA YÁNAN YÀNAN~

YAM PEPPER SCATTER SCATTER!
Luke 11:23 cheesy

2Timothy 4:1-5

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, thank you o! smiley
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by chibunna60393: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2021
1. Freedom
2. Ability to Think Rationally
3. Depth Knowledge
4. perception of Reality
5. Money
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Come and see

ISU ATA YÁNAN YÀNAN~

You and kobojunkie are on the same WhatsApp group chat. JW people.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Come and see

ISU ATA YÁNAN YÀNAN~

Oh you are still alive? I’ll soon post about your founder with his fake prophesies. I love JWs, my last post destroyed them.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2021
You are like a GOAT that hates flocking with humble SHEEP. Meanwhile Kobojunkie is just my neighbour like you, he is not one of my brothers!
You want to talk about my brothers?
DappaD
Janosky
Chantinel
Peacefullove
Haddeylium
Barrister07 and over 8,700,000 JWs out there!
We all have the same line of thought just as our Master, Lord and King prayed before our father to make it work! John 17:20-23

So you can continue enjoying the works of your flesh which is dissension amongst you! Galatians 5:20 wink

Nuttella:
You and kobojunkie are on the same WhatsApp group chat. JW people.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You are like a GOAT that hates flocking with humble SHEEP. Meanwhile Kobojunkie is just my neighbour like you, he is not one of my brothers!
You want to talk about my brothers?
DappaD
Janosky
Chantinel
Peacefullove
Haddeylium
Barrister07 and over 8,700,000 JWs out there!
We all have the same line of thought just as our Master, Lord and King prayed before our father to make it work! John 17:20-23

So you can continue enjoying the works of your flesh which is dissension amongst you! Galatians 5:20 wink

If I am an unbeliever and I listen to your preaching, I will not change to Christianity, your preaching is laced with hatred for other churches, forgetting that we all are one body of Christ, how can you say you love Jesus when you don't consider other christains who are not Jehovah witness as your brethren, I called you my brethren, but you said you are not my brethren, you are my neighbour just because I am not a member of JW. This is the reason why people dont listen to JW preaching, you turn the bible upside down and you don't preach pure love. Even Jesus called us his brothers and sisters in Luke 8:21, why should you say people from other denominations who believe in the same Christ are not your brothers, does that show that you have any atom of love in you?

You go around criticizing other churches doctrine, telling anyone that cares to listen that JW are the only true Christians. God have mercy on you.

Change your ways.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2021
Take it or leave it, after all you said you will pray for Jesus, Paul and myself. So continue with your prayers, I have told you the TRUTH! smiley

Nuttella:
If I am an unbeliever and I listen to your preaching, I will not change to Christianity, your preaching is laced with hatred for other churches, forgetting that we all are one body of Christ, how can you say you love Jesus when you don't consider other christains who are not Jehovah witness as your brethren, I called you my brethren, but you said you are not my brethren, you are my neighbour just because I am not a member of JW. This is the reason why people dont listen to JW preaching, you turn the bible upside down and you don't preach pure love. Even Jesus called us his brothers and sisters in Luke 8:21, why should you say people from other denominations who believe in the same Christ are not your brothers, does that show that you have any atom of love in you?

You go around criticizing other churches doctrine, telling anyone that cares to listen that JW are the only true Christians. God have mercy on you.

Change your ways.
Re: What Can A Christian Lose? Once saved always saved? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nuttella:

Change your ways.
while I am not holding brief for the other fellow, however, I feel I need to point out that you are also wrong there. undecided

Your pastors have made you all believe that going around calling anyone who says the "keywords" is a brother or a sister but that is far from what Jesus Christ taught His followers. undecided

When His own mother and brothers came searching for Him, Jesus Christ announced to all those with Him that His mother, brothers and sisters, are not those of the same family as He, or those that shere similar ancestry or blood with Him. Instead Jesus Christ declared that His mother, brothers and sisters are those who do the will of His Father in Heaven.. Only those qualify to be His family. undecided

So your brother/mother/cousin/sister-in-the-Lord models are not of Jesus Christ at all but of the doctrines and rules created by men and your many pastors and preachers. undecided

(1) (Reply)

19 Powerful Quotes From Jesus To Us (pictures Included) / Just So You Know 1 / Do You Know Somebody That Know Somebody That Know A Cripple Healed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.