Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman (8265 Views)

PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement / PDP: Eddy Olafeso Concedes Defeat, Promises To Work With Arapaja / More Pictures Of PDP Southwest Rally In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Islie: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2021
Some notable Oyo members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, through a closed door meeting held at Alhaji Nureni Akanbi’s residence, endorsed Eddy Olafeso as the Southwest Chairman of the party.

The party leaders who met basically to strategise on the forthcoming South West Congress of the Party maintained their ground by adopted Eddy Olafeso as their sole candidate for the position of the Chairman of the zone.

The decision of the party stalwarts reflected in a communique issued after the meeting.

The communique indicated that leaders of the party resolved to unify all aggrieved members and intensify effort in their preparation for the forthcoming southwest congress slated for this year.

According to the communique, the leaders also unanimously agreed not to nominate nor sponsor any chairmanship candidate from Oyo state but to honor the agreement made with Southwest leaders of the party in build up to Ondo state governorship election.

The communique signed by all the leaders reads in part; “We came here to strategize ahead of the southwest forthcoming congress. It is very necessary for us to come together and sharpen our tools ahead of the congress. we deliberated on lot of issues and we reached a positive conclusion in all what we discussed.

“It is no longer news that, no chairmanship candidate coming from Oyo state, there is an agreement made that we are going to return the Eddy Olafeso exco and every leaders from all the state still standing on the agreement, so Oyo state can’t be left out and we dont want anybody to use his or her selfish interest to cause dispute in our great party.

“We are still going to hold more meetings before the congress but the issue of chairmanship for the congress is settled, Oyo state is supporting the effort to return Eddy at the coming congress”.

Some of the party leaders that attended the meeting included: Chief Nureeni Akanbi, Engr. Femi Babalola, Alh. Bisi Olopoebiyan, Aranse Basiru, Dele Adgun Baba Sunday Alabi, Alhaji Azeez Ajinowo, Malam Yusuf Alh. Bola Akinyemi and others.

https://www.independent.ng/olafeso-emerges-pdp-southwest-chairman/

Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by helinues: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2021
Sorry what's Pdp?

4 Likes

Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Kwamecron(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2021
Tinubu inposters

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Deentertainer(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Congrats
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by janedonez(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good, hope a faction won't arise at noon.
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Spinoren(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Congrats bro
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by lekki1444: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Omezif(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good luck to him.
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Sonnobax15(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
grin
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by IamFINESSE: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
grin
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by 9jayes: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
If not poverty, what will really make someone to argue that Android camera is better than iPhone??

In my opinion this is more like Oyo state chairman
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by jawalis(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
We’ll deserved. He’s vibrant, educated and skillful. And he’s fast to judge as well from encounter. I hope this doesn’t have a bounce back on PDP’s endeavor come next year.
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by shiki(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
cheesy congratulations to him, though I don't know him.
I see PDP coming on top in 2023, but with a northern candidate
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by RichDad1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Party of thieves and rogues

1 Like

Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by olumate(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Congratulation
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by inforesource: 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
leave him
277seven:
[s][/s]
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by bukkysam(f): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
alright
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Dapson73(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Some members of Oyo PDP choos someone has South West PDP Chairman......., lol.

My question is, is it only Oyo politicians that will decide this or the general south west states.

I await comments from some states debunking the story.
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Nynd44: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
OYO, Bane of SW politics
OYO, Pace setter in Africa's west grin
Seyi, the new Sheriff of the west
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Deserea: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Non of my business.
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Sammy07: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
Dapson73:
Some members of Oyo PDP choos someone has South West PDP Chairman......., lol.

My question is, is it only Oyo politicians that will decide this or the general south west states.

I await comments from some states debunking the story.

I wonder ooo
Re: Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman by Queenlovely(f): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
congratulations.

chai, he is a good man. I can swear with my life for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 PDP Assembly Candidates Defect To APC In Zamfara. / Nigeria’s Non-oil Income Outpaces Oil By N1.5trn In One Year / Fuel Scarcity Persists In Nigeria Almost One Year After Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.