Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President (34791 Views)

Putin To Deliver Major War Speech As Biden Arrives In Poland / Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister / June Wisse: Nigerian Model At 7 Mimicking President Biden's Inaugural Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by WaterTheMonk(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
ohhhj
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by malcom1X: 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
budaatum:

He had been writing it since November so must know every word of it by now.

Every president since Reagan has used a teleprompter on Inauguration Day, Obama used it more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by blackslayer: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
finally an adult is in the WH once again! good riddance to the infantile occupier!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by holywind(m): 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
sometime you need a hand, the other time you are called to lend hands, JOE BIDEN
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by taiwotimitt: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
This is the speech our next president will edit grin
Bet it with me cool
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
seunmsg:

We must learn to separate criminals from the rest of us and deal with them according to the law. The insecurity is getting worse and difficult to fight because we keep mixing it with ethnicity.
well said ..we have too much compromise to our values and love for one another..the result as you have seen it’s devastating..

2 Likes

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by tnerro1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hopefully, not another Buhari in the making..
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by xynerise: 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vinstel:
Dark day for America, evil people have taken over the government.

Brighten the darker days going on in your country first

2 Likes

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by pacespot(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
seunmsg:

He read from a teleprompter.

No teleprompter, he had to reference the script before him if lost in any thought. But the old man didn't reference the script, he flowed flawlessly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Raph82(m): 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
seunmsg:

No, we are actually fighting against it. If not for the various intervention of patriotic folks like us who still believe in Nigeria, those who seek to divide us for hating the current government would have succeeded in setting this country on fire. We will continue to fight for this.
But the president himself has made matters worst by disobeying federal character, inciting hatred by trying to force Fulani herdsmen on us and many of his actions which has led us to where we are.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by ModestGal(f): 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
God bless America
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Papichulostunne(m): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by ermias11: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
seunmsg:

He read from a teleprompter.

I sure say you no watch the inauguration. Except say na invisible teleprompter

1 Like

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by pacespot(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
SlyCharlie:

Chill, he actually read from a teleprompter.
But still, the speech was superb!

Where did you see the teleprompter in that arena? Someome that was standing meters away from the camera. There is a reason why the major news networks called that speech terrific, coz it was delivered completely offhand.

2 Likes

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
pacespot:

Where did you see the teleprompter in that arena? Someome that was standing meters away from the camera. There is a reason why the major news networks called that speech terrific, coz it was delivered completely offhand.
No they don't memorize, for formal speeches they use a teleprompter, and have since Eisenhower. But that won’t work for interviews or debates or questions asked after a press conference, that’s where you need to know your stuff.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by GambaOsaka: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
Reeses:

Bitch more than 75million people are not just about house or senate this a real deal here..They gave Trump non stop trouble for 4 good years and you think Republicans will chill and accept all that BS.

Who is bitch? Cry baby
Those 75millions have reduced by more than 25%. Remember all the Trump enabled protesters of January 6th? They all wanted or expected a Trump pardon?

None of them received one.

As has always been tbe case, Donald Trump used them.

And gave them nothing in return.

So keep crying baby..... your saviour, Mr Trump f*cking lost. Get over it.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by endy83: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Today is the beginning of another America
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
ermias11:

Presidents do not have the time to memorize their speeches, which are often being polished right up until the last minute. President Obama, like newscasters and all of his modern predecessors, uses a teleprompter to read his speeches.
A Teleprompter (usually more than one) is placed at eye level so the speaker does not need to look down and can make more meaningful eye contact with the audience and cameras. The only time I could ever see a President going off of memory, is if the remarks were very brief and/or informal. In that case, the President is most likely speaking more off the cuff, with perhaps some basic ideas or phrases suggested by his staff, but I'm only speculating here.

Leading political journalist and former Clinton staffer George Stephanopoulos recently related a story from his time in politics during an interview with Jon Stewart. It was a major healthcare speech in September 1993 and the teleprompter was mistakenly programmed with an old speech, his State of the Union address from earlier that year. For 13 minutes, President Clinton had to speak extemporaneously while the wrong speech flashed past his eyes (I think Presidents have kept hard copies at hand for major speeches since then). The fact that this story from 20 years ago is so extraordinary and memorable should demonstrate just how unheard of it is for a President to memorize their speeches.
Below is President Obama with a paper copy of his 2013 State of the Union Address, just in case the teleprompter fails like it did for Clinton in 1993.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by skinny419(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Wheret is righteouness and co..las las how market.?

1 Like

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Bimpe29: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Congratulations to President Joe Biden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by skinny419(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
WaterTheMonk:
ohhhj
ohhh
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by ogbu80(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
LilyColin:
Oga righteousness89 no be God call you..

Na your stomach
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Owoloyeoloye1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ahh! Oomo see speech! Simple, clear, brief and highly intelligible...ask our pressy to come deliver e own, you go see words whey baba no fit pronounce whey dem pack put for there!
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by budaatum: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
Papichulostunne:

Na wa shaaaaa.. So that man go just dey answer husband of the vice president

I assure you that he will answer with great pride that his wife rose so high unlike small minded people who debar the success of their wife so she rises not above them.

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by budaatum: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fuckingmallam45:

Presidents do not have the time to memorize their speeches, which are often being polished right up until the last minute.
I bet if you start writing a speech since November you'd know it all by heart in January.

Try it. Let me know if you don't memorize a speech you been writing for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
budaatum:

I bet if you start writing a speech since November you'd know it all by heart in January.

Try it. Let me know if you don't memorize a speech you been writing for 3 months.
Biden did not memorize this particular speech, let me give you a tip, go back and watch the video of the speech.
He is reading them off of a teleprompter.

Pay attention to his immediate area and you will see two stands on either side of the podium or dias. On top of those stands is a rectangular plexiglass that reflects the words of the speech to his eyes, that is projected from the base of the stand.

Since the stands are placed to the left and right of the podium, he can switch between them to read and it looks like he is looking at the crowd of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Jman06(m): 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
seunmsg:

We must learn to separate criminals from the rest of us and deal with them according to the law. The insecurity is getting worse and difficult to fight because we keep mixing it with ethnicity.
And you know why people keep giving it ethnic and religious meaning, don't you? Because the perpetrators of insecurity in the country (eg Fulani herdsmen) seem to have the backing of the presidency and miyeti Allah. Hope you have heard about the myriads of attacks from the presidency and miyeti Allah against Akeredolu since he asked the herders to leave his people's farms for them?
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by budaatum: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fuckingmallam45:

Biden did not memorize this particular speech, let me give you a tip, go back and watch the video of the speech.
He is reading them off of a teleprompter.

Pay attention to his immediate area and you will see two stands on either side of the podium or dias. On top of those stands is a rectangular plexiglass that reflects the words of the speech to his eyes, that is projected from the base of the stand.

Since the stands are placed to the left and right of the podium, he can switch between them to read and it looks like he is looking at the crowd of people.

I am certain he had a teleprompter as you state. I bet he knew it all by heart too. You can't work on a speech so long, I've found, without knowing it by heart.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Xbee007(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Sharap! that's a big lie
It has to be a teleprompter.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by seunmsg(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
ermias11:

So, teleprompters are supposed to be visible to viewers, right?

1 Like

Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by neighbourhud: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vinstel:
Dark day for America, evil people have taken over the government.

This is one of the morons suffocating this country.
Re: President Joe Biden's Inaugural Speech As 46th American President by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
No "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody" bullshit grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prince Harry Says He Was Bred To Offer Spare Organs To Heir William / Pentagon Releases Secret Documents About UFO Programme (Pics) / Mandla Mandela Converts To Islam, Marries For The 4th Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.