Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) (45787 Views)

UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Overstaying Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Robertgreene1(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2021
interesting...
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by lastchild: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2021
OruExpress:
look at how the place someone is running too looks like ordinary Ihiala and he will be there for 7 years in the name of abroad.
seriously, sometimes if you see the condition of places Nigerians live in the so called abroad, you'll know why Africans are called low oriented beings

I know someone who were doing well in tiling business in upper iweka onitsha, owned a car, lived in a flat, was about to start building his house in obosi

suddenly he sold everything and purchase visa to Greece where he is now washing plate in a hotel, the worst is, the Greece he lives in is a ghetto area

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Iceyjayz: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Midas01:
Don't talk if you have nothing reasonable to say.

If you go to some places on Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi and even some parts of Europe like the industrial areas, you will think you're in Old Aba road, port Harcourt.
Seems he doesn't know the amount of Nigerians in UAE, Dubai precisely.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by OruExpress: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2021
lastchild:
seriously, sometimes if you see the condition of places Nigerians live in the so called abroad, you'll know why Africans are called low oriented beings

I know someone who were doing well in tiling business in upper iweka onitsha, owned a car, lived in a flat, was about to start building his house in obosi

suddenly he sold everything and purchase visa to Greece where he is now washing plate in a hotel, the worst is, the Greece he lives in is a ghetto area

Greece itself is a ghetto area. Unemployment for locals is higher than Nigeria talkless of immigrants. Hes lucky theres plates to wash.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by OruExpress: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2021
lastchild:

Greece itself is a ghetto area.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Focusmind: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2021
It seemed that he was arrested directly in front of his shop.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 7:44am On Jan 21, 2021
cry

Meanwhile There are many foreigners walking freely down the streets of NIGERIA illegally hustling and living well, our security personnels ain't hunting them.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2021
Ordinary Thailand get records of stay of all the human beings there.

Naija for here, even the so called FG no know who dey enter or go out of the country, talk more of knowing how long one has stayed herein. No records, nothing.

All they know here na looting.

Criminal politicians. Ogun kill all of una together!

Rubbish country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Haforlaby777: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2021
the guy seff just smile. em don make am already
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2021
As long as he cashed out during those years, I wish him the absolute best for his future.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by PS712: 7:53am On Jan 21, 2021
complexBoss12:
Looking at some of the comments above I just shake my head, negativity and hate is eating people up. This guy may have committed a crime, but his crime is not out of bad intentions, to harm people or do evil, he is only trying to survive.

So y'all take a pulse and stop being so judgemental.
Although he did wrong but you are right that a lot of comments here are full of hate. Unfortunately their hate didn't let them see that the banner hanging in front of the company bears a name that points to the the guy as the owner, even the packages had Onitsha as destination. It's just a disappointment that the guy didn't securr documents that will allow him do business in that land despite appearing to have found stability in his business over there.
Some funny ones are comparing Thailand and Nigeria. When it comes to business, particularly production and manufacturing, there's no basis for such comparison.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by ultramayor: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2021
Dem com pose with am lyk say him be som kind of trophy undecided
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2021
danngnews:

With the little knowledge I have about diplomatic relations among nations, I can confidently tell you that this can change if Nigerian government do what they should do.

Government relations is always all about give and take, for example American citizens travel to many countries visa free, do you think those countries don't get something in return for doing such favors to the US government?

In this regard Nigeria has a lot of bargaining tools which I don't k ow why they don't want to use them.

Let me use India for example, just three days ago, the police went t some area in Mumbai and arrested about 15 Nigerians for overstaying there visas. Meanwhile just as you rightly pointed out, Indian citizens are free toove around in Nigeria, and many of them with expired visas.

It's the duty of Nigerian government through the embassy here to inform them that we could also arrest your citizens in Nigeria who has overstayed their visas, believe me once this is done, they will stop arresting our people in India for visa overstays.

Don't get me wrong, if someone gets into drugs or fraud and its arrested, I support 100% for that person to be prosecuted, but for over stays when ur citizens are doing same in my country, that's no no.

I intend writing to Abike Dabiri about this issues.

When those guys were picked up, the police also too the chairs in their houses and gas cylinders and burners, how in the world does taking those stuff concern visa ovestays?

Few years ago, Nigerians were being evicted from their houses in Goa, southern part of india, they then Nigerian Ambassador gave India untill 5 pm Nigerian time to stop or same will be done to their people in Nigeria and withing hours, things cooled down.

I know that our people have issue with the way we behave with our hosts, but our government should also do their part.
I can't say it better! You totally understand how things are and exactly what needs to be done! Very well said! That of China makes me mad! Many Nigerians with simple immigration issues have died in Chinese jails, especially around Guangzhou! It's terrible there.! Ofcourse our boys don't help matters with their involvement in sundry crimes BUT most times, the hard stance against immigration related issues against Nigerians by the Chinese seem to me to have gone on this long because the Nigerian leaders don't even seem to understand the powers they hold and can flex here! I mean, we import heavily from China and China knows! I mean heavily! Forget the official statistics, if you add the amount transferred through non official channels to China from Nigeria, together with the amount of cargoes coming into Nigeria from China on daily basis, you will know that Nigeria is the one to dictate what happens here not China that imports next to nothing from Nigeria!

Abacha noticed this and took a very tough stand against Chinese imports when it seemed like the Chinese were going to support western sanctions on Nigeria! The next weeks, a Chinese trade delegation was in Abuja, led by the trade minister to "rob minds with Nigerian officials".. FLEX YOUR DIPLOMATIC MUSCLES SOMETIMES!! Nigeria is a huge market! A huge importer! These countries know! They also know that if Nigeria gets her act right for a split second, she can easily influence actions across the subregion..Yes, we owe them a lot but still, we can push the Chinese because of the huge transfers we make to that country everyday! Chinese illegal miners are being arrested and set free in Nigeria! Imagine!!! Go and mine illegally in China as a Nigerian, firing squad in less than 30 minutes after conviction! We need better intelligent leaders in this country..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by einsteine(m): 8:04am On Jan 21, 2021
owobokiri:

They will deport him. Especially now that his story has gone viral. Asian police may risk taking bribes to release anybody that has overstayed but that is if it's still an unknown case! Discreetly! He might even go for a prison sentence, maybe a year or above for this! But surely, he will pay a fine! In China, it's roughly 5000 yuan, which is few dollars short of 1000usd! Then he will get his finger prints taken to make sure he never comes back , sometimes for upto 5 years! You have to understand that it's very hard to get residence permit for Nigerian passport holders in Asia. So most times, overstaying is a matter of necessity for young "hustlers"..

This is why it's imperative for the government to educate her citizens about the dangers involved in traveling to these places! Living without a residence permit in Asia is akin to living like a prisoner. You can even loose your life doing so... Police on your trail everyday! The Nigerian government should also do something about illegal Asians in Nigeria! It's frustrating to see their citizens walking around, taking up Nigerian business opportunities from locals, even getting involved with illegal mining, without bordering to extend their visas, when doing same in their country attracts direct prison sentence..

Your last paragraph, the Nigerian Immigration Service takes regular bribes from them.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Ojukwudfugitive: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2021
Golan007:
Cocaine is involved.
This guy must be a hardened criminal for him to have swallowed 150 wraps of cocaine.
Greed runs in the blood of......
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 8:08am On Jan 21, 2021
lastchild:

Stop saying what you don't know! Any guy that has the kind of shipping and cargo business as the guy that was arrested can easily live comfortably in Nigeria! That's a thriving business behind that guy! And you can't compare Thailand to Nigeria in manufacturing! The best rice you eat in Nigeria is Thai! Greece just went through a generational economic melt down do your example here is totally puerile to the discuss!
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2021
einsteine:

Your last paragraph, the Nigerian Immigration Service takes regular bribes from them.
So I heard... Quite disheartening..
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 21, 2021
nsiba:
Na dem, I knew it!
yes the only tribe that understands Nigeria is not working and seeks alternative country to survive because they don't want to stay back in Nigeria suffering and breeding voters and terrorist recruits for the wicked government
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2021
Lol he shud be given citizenship ASAP. He obviously considers there as his new home and people.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Glaswegian: 8:19am On Jan 21, 2021
Steady259:
Pray he's able to settle this issue and not deported

Lol

Deportation is the least of his punishment.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Odogwu is just laughing at them... Maybe the guy Don cash out already and decided to come and grab chieftaincy title in his village , odugwu ekwekwe nke izizi na Bangkok and handed himself over for free ticket hand home... Nah normal thing in diaspora
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Most Chinese in Nigeria do over stay their visas , go to palmgrove Lagos , most Indians there all living with over stayed visas

But who cares ?
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Odogwu is just laughing at them... Maybe the guy Don cash out already and decided to come and grab chieftaincy title in his village , odugwu ekwekwe nke izizi na Bangkok and handed himself over for free ticket back home... Nah normal thing in diaspora
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by lastempero: 8:39am On Jan 21, 2021
OruExpress:
look at how the place someone is running too looks like ordinary Ihiala and he will be there for 7 years in the name of abroad.

But if hm come back hm go collect your babe.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by AerialMapper: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2021
The next place this guy will see himself is Murtala Mohammed Airport

Seven years, gone!
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by babakb: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2021
complexBoss12:
Looking at some of the comments above I just shake my head, negativity and hate is eating people up. This guy may have committed a crime, but his crime is not out of bad intentions, to harm people or do evil, he is only trying to survive.

So y'all take a pulse and stop being so judgemental.

You and the morons that liked your comment are the ones making it hard for genuine Nigerians to secure Tourist Visas to developed countries these days...

He should be jailed, fined and subsequently deported.

I stand against illegal immigration of all forms, if you are not skilled or rich enough to process residence permit then sit your azz down in your shit hole angry angry

Don't extend your useless Naija mentality to other countries.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by OruExpress: 8:43am On Jan 21, 2021
lastempero:

But if hm come back hm go collect your babe.

sure
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2021
dairykidd:

Maybe he's a gigolo... its very common there. Because if u no be business man going in and coming out, I don't see what any Nigerian would be doing in Thailand for straight 7 years... I'm just saying tho
That's not quite correct. I visited Thailand in 2013 and I can tell you that even in Pattaya, a city with almost the highest concentration of prostitutes, I found Nigerians doing legitimate business. I also found an African restaurant managed by three young Nigerians, males, who had gone to Thailand to study but afterwards opened a restaurant.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by IamAsiri: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

How do you know they are here without visa? Any proof?

Some of those workers are illegal immigrants. They used to work in factories and those construction sites, including stealing mineral resources. Go to those Ogun state factories and you will see a lot of them there.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by brandsoncharlie: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Those Chinese caught doing illegal gold mining in Northern part of the country has expired visa.
The quote is right on you.
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by Draslo(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Oga it's not a lie. I know this first-hand
Re: Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) by danngnews: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2021
babakb:

You and the morons that liked your comment are the ones making it hard for genuine Nigerians to secure Tourist Visas to developed countries these days...

He should be jailed, fined and subsequently deported.

I stand against illegal immigration of all forms, if you are not skilled or rich enough to process residence permit then sit your azz down in your shit hole angry angry

Don't extend your useless Naija mentality to other countries.

So what about those that overstayed there visas in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) / Indonesia's New Visa Policy For Nigerians / Abacha Road: Port Harcourt Downtown- Exclusive Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.