Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing (46614 Views)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son / PMB Meeting With Northern Governors, Service Chiefs, Osinbajo Denied Entry-Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!
God bless you.... Some people just want to blame everything they face in life to something else. Every other person is wrong except them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Okuda(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2021
eagleu:
Small small catch monkey. Next ministry of education, then finance, then all airports before you land. Then, they will start coming into your bed room to make sure you're doing it halal!

it surprises me that people cannpt read the handwriting on the wall. if you tell some people that there is an islamization agenda, they would tell you its a lie and its not possible.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by edoairways: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2021
alasane:

pls tell them
If a white man dress the way that dude did, would he be turned down?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Ever8090: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided
will you shot up!!...what do you .wan by inappropriate dressing?..you see this stupid Sharia bag of shit that you guys are gradually trying to impose on Nigerians ba, e go soon reach una for neck.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Starzo: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Stop this slavery talk pls!
The only reason they were turned back is because they are not related to the elites or whites,

And the very sad thing is that you clowns all know it, but you are accomplices in your own enslavement
so the sleeveless she was wearing was an African traditional attire right??
try thinking before you talk

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by rigarmortis: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Stop this slavery talk pls!
The only reason they were turned back is because they are not related to the elites or whites,

And the very sad thing is that you clowns all know it, but you are accomplices in your own enslavement

this guy i always love your take on issues.

sometimes i scroll through comments just to read your reply.

sadly sometimes it seems all you say is wasted. People think its right to police morals not knowing thats how you gradually chip away your rights.

some are comparing going for an interview with entering a public building, while some are turning it into tribal issues.

sad, bro

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by officialsaw01(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Ghostrye:

You are not sharia and you ain't a Christian fanatic, you are just plain stupid. smiley
Pls always try to accomodate the opinion of others too, it won't cost u anything.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by rigarmortis: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Starzo:

so the sleeveless she was wearing was an African traditional attire right??
try thinking before you talk

if she wear lady's suit, does that make it "African?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by DarkJeddi(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.
Covenant University is a private establishment and to gain entrance you stick to their rules..

If they only cater to Christians,then so be it,look for a Muslim school..
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alphaconde(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!

Will they send a governor back if he dress the same way

no

we will see pictures and videos describing the governor as humble and down to earth

denying them entry was wrong except theres a dresscode policy which should have been placed at the entrance
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Lagosinter1: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided

What's inappropriate there? Ode!
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by emerged01(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2021
Is their outfit in modesty? If not,they should learn from correction and stop ranting online.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by rigarmortis: 9:40am On Jan 21, 2021
All the people writing trash, except the lady went there in her underpants and the guy went there with boxers then its understandable, any other thing is moral policing, which is wrong.

if i am a christian and you wear your hijab to my office and i send you out, its wrong

if i am a muslim and i ask you to cover your hair before i attend to you, its wrong.

there are bigger issues bedeviling the country, channel those energy therein

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by corpershun: 9:40am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.

Your reasoning is quite shallow

Is covenant university a public owned organization like the Ministry?

Last I checked, federal ministry should be Secular and not governed by religionists cos Nigeria is a secular country.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by compton11(m): 9:43am On Jan 21, 2021
Moblux:

To have been denied entry is even mildly. Come and and see how a girl was flogged for passing through a central mosque years back because she was on scarf with Bible and not hijjab.

The problem with Nigeria is the Religion Joker Card!
which mosque did that happened?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by kilonshele101(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2021
Nigeria Christians always playing the victim card as if they are not part of the problem.

So, dressing appropriately is now sharia??

Geoffrey Jideofor Kwusike Onyeama is the foreign affairs minister, he's a Christian, ask him.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by GoldPencil: 9:44am On Jan 21, 2021
My own is that if any random white man who is probably a plumber or repairs road in his country, if they should walk up to same place in the same attire, the probability of that guard letting them in is over 90%. He go even clear road for them de form tour guide. So why do we hate ourselves.
nony43:
Why should he wear short to an office na play we come play?

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Godons1: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2021
toobusy:
.....it is officially official.......my mother's stupidity is beyond redemption..... her case is hopeless, i sorry for her.

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2021
uvie66:
with all the modesty dressing here and India rape and child molestation is still rampant, compare this to Japan or other western countries where they even have nudist beaches.

Japan and other western countries also have rape and child molesration issues too...

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Godons1: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2021
oneTIMEman:
my mother will for ever remain a fool

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Godons1: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2021

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by gforce5: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2021
Don't mind Nigerians. That's how these things start. These things start from schools where they want to control they way you dress and think. From schools to NYSC to where you work to Government Parasitals. By the time you know it, it will be a crime for you to dress casually in public. This is how SARS and other officers of the "law" started their madness.
eagleu:
Small small catch monkey. Next ministry of education, then finance, then all airports before you land. Then, they will start coming into your bed room to make sure you're doing it halal!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:

Musa, haba! this is the reason boko haram issue is considered to be an offshoot of illiteracy . Covenant University is different from government institutions. Several years ago, while leaving at Abuja, I found out Federal government means Northern government. Federal government is a means of transferring ownership of Southern wealth and resources to the North.

FG MDAs are not Islamic Institutions, however, that dressing does not reflect our moral character as Nigerians.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Godons1: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Tackle the message and not the messenger mugu..

NDI AYIYO grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by bigtt76(f): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2021
Nice one by the Foreign Affairs ministry. Its not Sharia but rather what we call attitudinal change. Our attitude must change towards some of this things for us to gradually be a better country. Dress codes also help separate potential hoodlums from responsible people. cheesy

NwekeUG:

https://igberetvnews.com/1379793/nigeria-sharia-country-man-asks-denied-entry-ministry-way-dressed-video/
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by sammirano: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2021
Oga its not ministry of entertainment. Cover up!
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by ostechno(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2021
nony43:
Why should he wear short to an office na play we come play?
Abi oo, why would anyone wear shorts and armless to the ministry.
Even Mark Zuckerberg wey dely always wear grey t-shirt no fit wear am go US Congress, na suit e go wear.

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by BaEnki(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:

The only similarity in the two scenarios is that both were denied entrance.

The ministry of Foreign affairs is opened to all Nigerian, either you’re an atheist, or whatever. The dresses in the video is appropriate to say the least, most foreigners would be there dressing like that, would they also be denied entrance?

The Covenant University you cited is a full Christian university, not a secular one.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 10:08am On Jan 21, 2021
edoairways:

If a white man dress the way that dude did, would he be turned down?

white man has a culture so African as well....gay, lesbian etc are part of theirs.......if you son call police because of you discipline him or tell you "Dad don't be stupid " how will you react as an AFRICA?.....certain things are inherent with us and stop pretending for what you are NOT...
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by marsman: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2021
There is a reason we have rules, Man is nothing without rule. As a lady going to an Official Occasion intending to meet a male attendant. wearing Reavealing cloth is not expected, it will be distracting, and the society as already termed you as a slut. Men too should look good, you can't dress like a tout, looking for a managerial Job. Even Mark Zuckerberg wey dely always wear grey t-shirt no fit wear am go US Congress, na suit e go wear, jack owner of twitter dey do zoom meeting with US congress, na suit the guy wear, this one are now talking like uncultured mofos. Well i was once in their shoes, now i know better, thanks to my Dad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies / NBC To Shutdown Tinubu's Radio Continental - FFK / Primate Ayodele: 'Blood Will Flow, Nigeria May Disintegrate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.