Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House (28420 Views)

Peter Obi: Let All Presidential Candidates Stand The Way I Am Standing (Video) / Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party / El-Rufai Celebrates Victory With Supporters At Govt House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by nairalandkachy1: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYTGug-QQg
The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has been denied access to his old office at the Government House in Benin, the state capital.

Shaibu arrived at the Government House on Monday morning but met the gate leading to his office under lock and key.

He says is yet to receive a formal letter from the governor’s office and that according to him is the proper channel to transmit a directive pertaining to the relocation to a new office.

“Up till now, I don’t have any official communication that I should relocate. The only people that have official communication are my civil servants. The civil servants have official communication but I don’t. As I am speaking to you now, I am standing by the gate,” he said while on a phone call to a yet-to-be-identified person.

Last week, a letter said to be from the office of the Head of Service, Anthony Okungbowa, was reported to have been sent to the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Deputy Governor directing Shuaibu to relocate to a new office situated at No 7, Dennis Osadebey Avenue, GRA, Benin City.

However, sources close to Edo’s number two citizen claimed that the new office is abandoned and in dire need of rehabilitation.

The development is the latest in the tussle between Governor Obaseki and his deputy. While there have been speculations about plans to impeach Shaibu, the Edo Assembly has denied such.

Obaseki had also accused his deputy of plotting a coup against him. But at a recent gathering to mark the anniversary of the state’s creation, Shaibu described his principal as a brother, saying he remains loyal to him despite their political differences.

“As for the issues that are around town when I was away, I really would not want to talk. Issues that concern my governor are not things I like to speak about on camera. No, no, no! He is my elder brother and boss and I don’t think I should talk about anything. And if I have issues with him, I think it is better settled at home and not in the media. I am well brought up,” he said on the sidelines of a thanksgiving service in Benin to mark the 32nd anniversary of Edo State.

“I can tell you that from my Christian background if you make a vow with God that you want to do something, you must fulfill it. And the vow I have taken with God is that I will continue to support Godwin Obaseki as the governor of Edo State from the beginning to the end.

“But that does not stop anything that has to do with ambition. Ambition is personal and it does not affect loyalty. My loyalty to the governor remains absolute. I see that everybody is doing solidarity. I am also in solidarity with the governor. I am also declaring my unalloyed solidarity and loyalty to the governor and nothing more.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/09/18/im-standing-by-the-gate-shaibu-denied-access-to-edo-govt-house-office/?fbclid=IwAR1F2Ar7fxEnT46hOlnf08RqRpBwa46PkytByVqFiDhHydy3sUInCi1RZgQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by TemplarLandry: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2023
The warthog-looking Obaseki is pulling another Sam Larry-Naira Marley on Shuaibu.

He better not MohBad him!

I diss Obaseki with “Alagbara Aye”(Oppressors) by Tope Alabi.
Great jam!

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by tishbite42: 11:17am On Sep 18, 2023
Wahala wahala
Make Shuaibu respect himself na.
To avoid impeachment

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by socialmediaman: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2023
If he didn’t get a relocation notice, he deserves an apology from the governor’s office for the lack of proper communication

On his own part, he should reach out to the governor’s office and make it easy for himself while waiting to sort the issues out

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by duro4chang(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2023
That reminds me of what he and obaseki did to oshiomole some years ago. By next year obaseki will cease to be a governor.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Moufan40: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2023
seems shuaibu's friendship with obaseki has ended

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by TongueTwista(m): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2023
My civil servants "has" official communication.. .

A whole Deputy Governor of a State.

14 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by fergie001: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2023
Stand very well, you hear? After all, you have been training with Bendel Insurance.

You will stand there till you are tired.
socialmediaman:
If he didn’t get a relocation notice, he deserves an apology from the governor’s office for the lack of proper communication

On his own part, he should reach out to the governor’s office and make it easy for himself while waiting to sort the issues out
Did he reach out to the Governor when he was planning to install a Speaker?

Did he reach out to the Gov when he was going to Court? No Dep-Gov has won that way.

You want the Gov to apologize to him? Shaibu should be taught a thorough lesson tbh, he is still showboating.

You eff up instead of you to mellow, you dey buga.

9 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2023
This ugly Edo governor and his deputy again

Their inside ugly pass their outside

Edo men tufiakwa

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by NzogbuNzogbu: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
This shaibu na hypocrite

Are you now narrating your oga or are you looking for peace?

Na here the battle really start as you have involved channels live

1 Like

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by ruggedboych: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
He is a coward, fight the governor and show him you have power too angry sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Houseofglam7(f): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
This drama should end already
Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by mbahdi(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
Their problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Macdeey: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
cheesy

Where are those Insulting Senator Adams O ! grin grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Ewedegubbler: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
E no concern me

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
The power tussle between governors and their deputies didn’t start today, this surely won’t be the last episode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by 2aces(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
In this life you must always be mindful of all your actions because life is turn by turn, you always get what you give.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Isokoboy(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Make peace with Your Governor in public...

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Seefinish: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
When you follow a betrayer, expect to be betrayed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Ara21(f): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
He will remain at the gate till the end of his tenure, he never see anything.

13 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by money121(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Awon ojelu

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Millimann: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
This Obaseki is too petty.

That's not what Edo people are known for.

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Forest122: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
God catch u mumu
Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by robinfemi: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
It looked like photoshoot o cheesy

I can't see any security abi na my eyes no clear grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by bluepreek(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
lipsrsealed
When you sell your brother to your friends,you should be rest assured that your friends will never trust you 💯

Oshiomole is a man indeed...A man who truly saw the future...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Emma1Oj(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
It's not proper to lock a sitting gov out of his office without going through the right process. This an abuse and bully to is right which shld not be taken lightly by him. He should destroy that key and sue Obaseki with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by ppogba: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Obaseki and Shuaibu deserve each other.

QED.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2023
This is a loss loss journey for both of you if care is not taking

Apc will easily win Edo next year with this war between both of you

1 Like

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Timothy89(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Edo no be Lagos grin don finished

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House by Starboytwo(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2023
They should turn this into a series, kinda interesting with nice plots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke / Borno Elders Demand Jonathan’s Apology Over Killings / Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Bianca Ojukwu Strike A Pose In APGA Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.