Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? (605 Views)

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / How To Establish Your Own Oil Palm Platation / We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by Hallams(m): 7:01am On Jan 21, 2021
Lack of access of funds to establish a farm has been one of the major reasons why many aspiring farmers have not been able to go into farming. Farmers in the house, kindly share your experiences on how you raised capital so that aspiring farmers can learn one or two from you.
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2021
good thing was I already had free land, with that I planted corn something I have easy access to sold it (last year) and the money is going for farming gadget this year( rain coats, seeds etc) last year saw the opening speech. This year is for the whole ceremony. the thing is, start somewhere I plan on planting watermelon but I used corn to sponsor it
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by Mide3367: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Make i book space...
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by emmaodet: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
From my experience, i noticed most nigerians are very lazy. They just want everything virtually free.
They regularly complain about government not helping but if the government do, they will abuse the program.
I did a contract farming in ogun state and niger state last year, gave the lazy complaining farmers all needed farming inputs and all they should do is farm and monitor and i will offtake at the end of the harvest.

The ones in the north sold virtually everything and just showed me about 10% of the harvest as what they had.
The one in ogun state is the worst, despite complaining of being broke to get workers, gave her 100k but she squandered it giving me stupid excuses.
She didn't even use the seeds and chemicals given her, had to collect them from her later but couldn't get back my money and this is a practising farmer for God sake.
All this behaviours and attitudes chase away investors in nigeria. Nigerians are too insincere and thieves.
Even my factory manager is not left out, everybody trying to see how they ca squeeze you.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by Mide3367: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
emmaodet:
From my experience, i noticed most nigerians are very lazy. They just want everything virtually free.
They regularly complain about government not helping but if the government do, they will abuse the program.
I did a contract farming in ogun state and niger state last year, gave the lazy complaining farmers all needed farming inputs and all they should do is farm and monitor and i will offtake at the end of the harvest.

The ones in the north sold virtually everything and just showed me about 10% of the harvest as what they had.
The one in ogun state is the worst, despite complaining of being broke to get workers, gave her 100k but she squandered it giving me stupid excuses.
She didn't even use the seeds and chemicals given her, had to collect them from her later but couldn't get back my money and this is a practising farmer for God sake.
All this behaviours and attitudes chase away investors in nigeria. Nigerians are too insincere and thieves.
Even my factory manager is not left out, everybody trying to see how they ca squeeze you.
oh this story u told me.. That is it my oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by authocratic: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
emmaodet:

So sorry about the traumatic experience... Been following your groundnut thread, and was hoping for a bumper harvest for you. What's the way out now?

I do a little backyard farming of beans and groundnut. Didn't yield as I'd anticipated due to the rain break
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by emmaodet: 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
authocratic:

So sorry about the traumatic experience... Been following your groundnut thread, and was hoping for a bumper harvest for you. What's the way out now?

I do a little backyard farming of beans and groundnut. Didn't yield as I'd anticipated due to the rain break

where are you based bro? the climate change leading to erratic rainfall is really a big issue.
I noticed the major drawback for me last year was the distance which cause poor monitoring.
I have made aggreement with a big farm this year with over 200 acres, so i will be doing the contract farming with them alone and it is close to my base in ogun state, so weekly monitoring won't be an issue as my farm manager will be going there for weekly update.
Concerning yours, can't you run irrigation since it is a small farm.
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
emmaodet:

my boss, I hope you can read the book "A message to Gracia" in fact this book should be given to all employees

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by authocratic: 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
emmaodet:

where are you based bro? the climate change leading to erratic rainfall is really a big issue.
I noticed the major drawback for me last year was the distance which cause poor monitoring.
I have made aggreement with a big farm this year with over 200 acres, so i will be doing the contract farming with them alone and it is close to my base in ogun state, so weekly monitoring won't be an issue as my farm manager will be going there for weekly update.
Concerning yours, can't you run irrigation since it is a small farm.

OK.. That's a good plan. May God bless it, Ameen.

I'm somewhere in the North East at the moment, Irrigation won't be possible for now, as its a temporary stay. I'm hoping to set up my farm southwest soonest, God's Willing. Using here as a stepping stone to garner the necessary experience
Re: Farmers in the house, how did you raise Capital to establish your farms? by emmaodet: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
ekerensima:

my boss, I hope you can read the book "A message to Gracia" in fact this book should be given to all employees

Thanks bro.

Will download it and go through it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Day Old Broilers Birds Available / Beans Farming Expert / Nigeria Wheat � Available.... 150MT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.