Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 (10861 Views)

Lagos Driver Jump Out Of Passenger Filled Moving Bus To Dance For Peter Obi-Vide / Jubril Gawat: Lagos Blue Line Rail Will Be Electric / Shehu Sani Criticises Buratai Over Claims Of Terrorism Lasting Until 2040 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by Lomprico2: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Irijosa777:
Countries that are over depending on oil will not like this.
Nigeria my country what is the way forward

you fit don die by then grin no worry yasef joo!
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by Onuoha1234(m): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2021
Ñothiñg to worry about, The ,West can give us their petrol cars as donation.We need ONE BILLION CARS.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by Gabbriell: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2021
samwheel:
And dangote dey build refinery

There are many products gotten from petroleum..its not just Gasoline. Nigeria is so messed up that we only see petroleum as Gasoline.

After extracting Gasoline from petroleum (about 46%), the waste product can be used to produce other materials. Nigeria is having issues with refining petroleum currently, only the Niger delta creek boys locally refine petroleum and sell the waste product in penny price to foreigners.

There are over 6000 products made from petroleum. some of these items are listed below:

=> Model Cars, Refrigerant, Refrigerators, Cameras, Telephones, Fertilizers, House Paint, Shower Curtains, Parachutes, Aspirin, Safety Glasses, Antifreeze, Football Helmets, Awnings, Eyeglasses, Deodorant, Insect Repellent, Dishes, Artificial limbs, Toothpaste, Movie film, Roofing, Toilet Seats, Boats, Artificial Turf, Vitamin Capsules etc.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by Kingdemi212019: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2021
In 2040 u go dey hear,tayo tell the security man to on the generator I wan charge my car grin angry
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by CodeTemplar: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2021
festacman:
I trust our own INNOSON, the silent operator, to be already working on this auto alternative.

Meanwhile, with massive population of the world and unequal infrastructural differences among developed countries, emerging economies and third world countries, demand for petroleum products will continue for a long time to come. Dangote didn't put billions of Dollars in his new refinery without proper research and analyses.
Africa man and community glory sharing. Be sharing innoson glory there o.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by flexd99(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2021
heniford2:
do you have pictures of the laptop and what's is Ram size
Yes...4gb
Chat me up through contact in signature
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by phr33man(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Nbotee:
Wahala for my country wey still dey depend on crude oil and still even looking for oil in the north.. Light we no get, sense we neva wan get

And our Almighty dangote investing in oil biz
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by bobochem: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
U buy electric car and no light to charge it.I pray it works in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by SPLENDID25(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
festacman:
I trust our own INNOSON, the silent operator, to be already working on this auto alternative.

Meanwhile, with massive population of the world and unequal infrastructural differences among developed countries, emerging economies and third world countries, demand for petroleum products will continue for a long time to come. Dangote didn't put billions of Dollars in his new refinery without proper research and analyses.
he Once Said, "he Has Not Yet Seen An Electric Aeroplane".
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by SPLENDID25(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Charisma01:
Hybrid is even more considerable but full electric car a no no for me & Nigeria as a whole.
You go dey drive go work, Karu-AYA holdup alone go finish your battery charge.

cheesycheesy
THE BREAK WEY YOU GO DE MATCH GO DE CHARGE THE BATTERY, NA TECH!
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by eddyline(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Moptdes:
My MSC research is on Electric Vehicle
care to share with us the results please?

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by tsdarkside(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
nonesense....
world hunger should be over by now and they didnt achieved it till today....

dont listen to white people....

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by tsdarkside(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
how many can afford a electric wetin in nigeria....??

or una wan wait until it becomes tokunbo to sell it to you....??

nonesense....

how you even wan charge it....??

where....??

this are questions you nigerians have to ask yourselfs....

electric will not replace petrol that soon in nigeria....
i dont even think in europe either....
many in europe dont even understand concept of electric cars....
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by TheFalcons: 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
BastardWike:
Lol, anytime I read such report, I will remember Dangote in my prayers. Dude is building the world's largest refinery at a period when oil is becoming worthless.

Nigerians may think it will be difficult or take long before electric vehicles start coming into Nigeria but that's not true. As battery prices crash in the coming years and tokunbo electric cars start emerging from those that bought earlier, Nigerians will make a fast switch from petrol cars to electric cars.

Even PHCN would become relegated to the background. I mean who in his right senses will be paying a lot to fuel their cars or to PHCN when they can buy two 1000 alms battery and support it with enough solar panels? If countries in the temperate regions are using solar what do you think will happen when it becomes affordable for mass use to Nigerians living directly under the sun here in the equator?

Government policy is the foundation for all of these to become a reality.

Dangote knows he has the federal government in his pockets, and they'll make policies to ensure that there's abominable tariff on those solar panels you talk about.

Also foreign used cars will still continue to be attractive to the Nigerian market, especially when more exotic cars are being shipped in. Don't forget that this is still the dumping ground for used items.

Fuel will continue to sell in Nigeria, and when the international community stops setting the prices, you can trust Nigerian government to set ridiculous prices and Nigerians will buy after some complaints and lamentations.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by CodeTemplar: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
SPLENDID25:
he Once Said, "he Has Not Yet Seen An Electric Aeroplane".
Dangote has nothing to fear for. The primary source of energy remains fossil fuel and that isn't about to change significantly in Dangote's market.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by tsdarkside(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
BastardWike:
Lol, anytime I read such report, I will remember Dangote in my prayers. Dude is building the world's largest refinery at a period when oil is becoming worthless.

Nigerians may think it will be difficult or take long before electric vehicles start coming into Nigeria but that's not true. As battery prices crash in the coming years and tokunbo electric cars start emerging from those that bought earlier, Nigerians will make a fast switch from petrol cars to electric cars.

Even PHCN would become relegated to the background. I mean who in his right senses will be paying a lot to fuel their cars or to PHCN when they can buy two 1000 alms battery and support it with enough solar panels? If countries in the temperate regions are using solar what do you think will happen when it becomes affordable for mass use to Nigerians living directly under the sun here in the equator?

people like you love this kind of news....

anything that would hurt nigeria is welcomed....
you and your people are rubbish....

of all the problem in the world na only nigeria be una problem....
yeye people....

was it not in south africa that they teargased ipob....??
you people have such a bad image abroad....

terrorits....!!
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by heniford2: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
flexd99:
Yes...4gb Chat me up through contact in signature
send pictures here first
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by BastardWike: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
TheFalcons:

Government policy is the foundation for all of these to become a reality.

Dangote knows he has the federal government in his pockets, and they'll make policies to ensure that there's abominable tariff on those solar panels you talk about.

Also foreign used cars will still continue to be attractive to the Nigerian market, especially when more exotic cars are being shipped in. Don't forget that this is still the dumping ground for used items.

Fuel will continue to sell in Nigeria, and when the international community stops setting the prices, you can trust Nigerian government to set ridiculous prices and Nigerians will buy after some complaints and lamentations.

Yes, I understand that government policy can make a difference but there is a limit too. Placing excessive tariff on solar panels or batteries when Nigeria is only generating less than 5000 megawatts for 200 million people will be myopic and stupid. It will only lead to smuggling. Again Dangote refinery was meant to target other countries because there output/capacity is far above Nigeria's local demand worse still, we now have modular refineries too, the one in Imo State is already producing and they're already working towards doubling their capacity.

Nigerians like awoof or anything that would make them to save money. So in a few years time, tokunbo electric cars will start appearing in the market and it would coincide with the era of cheaper batteries and solar panels. Then generator won't be popular again same with petrol cars.

The only thing stopping Subsaharan African countries from switching to solar systems and battery cars is because it's currently so expensive and unaffordable but that would soon change in the near future.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by BastardWike: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
tsdarkside:

people like you love this kind of news....

anything that would hurt nigeria is welcomed....
you and your people are rubbish....

of all the problem in the world na only nigeria be una problem....
yeye people....

was it not in south africa that they teargased ipob....??
you people have such a bad image abroad....

terrorits....!!

Boko Haram sympathizer, to you, everything is about ethnicity, emotions and sentiments. Carry your nonsense attitude comot for here, yeye man.
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by debbleopto: 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Handywork:
Electrical installation on cars
well it's God make that time comes
I pray make PHCN head correct during that time
and Nigeria and other countries wey dey supply oil.. their eye go clear

Nigeria in USA?
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by debbleopto: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Dangote has nothing to fear for. The primary source of energy remains fossil fuel and that isn't about to change significantly in Dangote's market.

Sympathy �
Re: 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 by blueAgent(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
Halifaxguy:
The world is moving away from fossil fuel to renewable clean energy. Many developed countries has targeted zero net carbon emissions by the year 2050. Wonder why renewable energy and EV stocks are flying high in the stock market lately. Renewable clean energy is the future (solar, hydrogen, biofuel etc)

They are not reliable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toll Gates: Stop Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians PDP Tells APC / Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November / 2023: Yakasai, Sani Fault Kperoogi’s Call For Igbo Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.