Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me (54679 Views)

Why Do Wives Like Secretly “Stealing” From Their Husband? / Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / His Wife Caught Him Red-handed . You Just Can't Believe What Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by TMSMedia: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
"I Now Understand Why People Treat Domestic Staff Like Sh*t" - Wakanow CEO Narrates Experience With His Chef

The CEO of Wakanow, Bayo Adedeji took to his Facebook handle to narrate his experience with his chef which made him change his perception about Nigerian domestic staff, IgbereTV reports.

According to him, he treats his chef well, pays him a reasonable monthly salary and even adds additional cash as transport allowance.

He found out that the food bill was going high despite the fact that he was not entertaining guests due to the pandemic.

Mr Adedeji said he then decided to go shopping himself but only two weeks after, he was shocked to find that some of the supplies had finished. He was later disappointed as he caught his chef moving some foodstuff from his house.

Read his post below.

"I have always wondered why people treat domestic employees like shit in Lagos. After a few years I now understand!

I pay my chef N100k monthly and weekly 5k for transportation he typically eats breakfast and lunch at the house, if he comes extra days I give him 5k-10k. And when I travel abroad which is usually atleast 1 week a month he doesn't come to work while I am gone. During the pandemic I continued to pay him like nothing happened because I wondered how he would feed his family, I was not even in town o for 3.5 months

I noticed the feeding bill continued to rise and it seemed we never have things in the house. When I ask to eat something I get additional bill to do market runs every other day so I started tracking. My feeding bill went up by 100% in october for 3 weeks of feeding I was nearing 300k in spend excluding salary for me alone..... uhmmmmmm typically I have alot of guest on weekends but in November we were always at Wave on the beach. So I went out and purchased so much food that we could not possibly finish in a month. 2 weeks after I asked to eat jollof rice with smoky flavor and imported rice so that the grains stand at attention, he told me we don't have tin tomato. Shocked! I argued he told me I didn't buy it. I checked my records and noticed I purchased 2 cartons of tin tomato. I mean 2 cartons o of premium tin tomato like the one in metal containers from Renee supermarket.

2 whole cartons was gone in 2 weeks without having a major party. Then I remembered he had a naming ceremony so I thought he must have stolen it to use for his party but I assumed maybe I didn't take it from the store or the house girl stole it since I didn't catch him. America taught me to assume innocent till proven guilty not the other way around like typical ............

I was traveling for 2 weeks and it was kinda impromtu so I informed him that he was getting 2 weeks of paid leave the same day I was leaving. As I was leaving he was also leaving the house too so I asked to see his bag. Alas!

This guy had gone shopping in my pantry. The list was endless even hot chocolate (eruku oshodi), rice, beans, all my sardine, corn beef, even chocolate bars, canned sweet corn like the list is long.

It broke my heart because I thought I was nice to him and his family. Remember he did naming in Dec I gave him 50k to support his child but I gave him after the ceremony hoping he will use it to take care of his 5 children as opposed to celebrating the birth of another child. Not knowing he has been stealing me blind. When he started working with me, I spent time in the kitchen teaching him how I like my food, I retrained him even though he had been cooking for years. He became so good. I mean his fried rice is madness, I mean it's so good, we discussed adding it to Dundu Nation menu but I worried about scalability without him.

I gave it all to him and told him not to come back again. I paid him for the time he had worked during the month. I know I am overly nice.

I fundamentally believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respected for what they do. Pay them fairly and be reasonable with them, take care of them and hopefully they won't need to steal. My friends say I spoil them but I believe in the love thy neighbors law the Bible preaches I sincerely just follow it.

Too many animals out here! Should I start buying bowls of soup but I just don't eat refrigerator food and the food never reaches how cooked meal standard with blender grinded fresh peppers and uniquely selected meat parts not the cheapest meat in the market because I love ribs and brisket..... yes I am spoilt so I am back to cooking for myself and saving money since I can not find a honest chef.

Maybe I should hire him back sef?"
https://www.facebook.com/100003833955897/posts/1974076099396836/?app=fbl

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by thorpido(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Some people are just naturally thieves and ungrateful bunch.

One of his problems stems from having 5 children.......in this generation? He will forever be chasing the wind!

No, don't hire him back.

288 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Realtord43: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nice story @wakanow travel agency.

11 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Iceyjayz: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
The same thing that happened to me, I still don't understand why some people are ungrateful, greedy and wicked. after doing alot for this guy/chef, dude still cheated me alot until I found out later, to think I treated this guy like a family but that wasn't enough, I sacked his ass without hesitation.

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Omihanifa: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
no matter how mad his fried rice is Oga no need to call the chef back he's an ungrateful fellow. Somebody that collects 100k monthly and he still dey loot your pantry angry his behaviour can be likened to that of a rat that is eating you and still blowing you breeze

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Tundethomson: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nice
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
No

If u hire him back, he will surely harm u this time.

U check yourself, maybe u are attracted to these kind of characters.

There are surely honest chefs out there. They may not be colorful or interesting

Modified:

@ TMSMedia

Oga CEO Please try to reconsider the Chef if u can for the sake of his family.

N100k is not enough for one person, not to talk about a large family of 7! shocked shocked

20 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by BusinessCity: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nigerians are like that o. One I helped and took his two children in when he was about to throw them away and run due to poverty and hunger after years of refining and polishing claimed I was mistreated them. They conspired and had me and my family lucked up. If you see the skin of this kids glowing.

What I later learnt triggered everything, a guest of mine that has eyes on them they go assist in her so called flat took interest and they all schemed and put the plan together. The kids taught they met someone richer even though they weren't lacking. Next thing like play like play I got locked in station with my family accessed of maltreatment. When they were never lacking. It may take a while, but I know God would vindicate me.

I'll just counsel people to be careful in dispensing goodness in this generation. Some don't value it.

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Flexherbal(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
Mr Adedeji said he then decided to go shopping himself but only two weeks after, he was shocked to find that some of the supplies had finished. He was later disappointed as he caught his chef moving some foodstuff from his house.

They are the type that make people not to show compassion towards those who really deserve it.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:
Nigerians are like that o. One I helped and took his two children in when he was about to throw them away and run due to poverty and hunger after years of refining and polishing claimed I was mistreated them. They conspired and had me and my family lucked up. If you see the skin of this kids glowing.
seriously? shocked shocked shit!

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Mgbadike80: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
A cook with five children in Lagos would need to be frugal in order to survive in Lagos with a 100k salary even if his wife earns same. Most Nigerians are neither frugal nor honourable enough not to steal in this situation. This reminds of a commercial bus driver stealing from the owner until he was caught and sacked, the mallam was left jobless without an income source to feed his family. Very bad and shameful of Nigerians.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by BusinessCity: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
seriously? shocked shocked shit!

I was almost accused of kidnapping when the police turned it upside down. That how did I end with the kids for years if not kidnap. My image and that of my family in the area was seriously dented. Thankfully we treated the kids well and they wore the same clothes mine wore and eat the same meal so many people in the community knew it was a ploy. But the experience is one that seriously damaged my soul.

I will hardly help people again. Hardly.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Houseofglam7(f): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Dayummmm
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:

I was almost accused of kidnapping when the police turned it upside down. That how did I end with the kids for years if not kidnap. My image and that of my family in the area was seriously dented. Thankfully we treated the kids well and they wore the same clothes mine wore and eat the same meal so many people in the community knew it was a ploy. But the experience is one that seriously damaged my soul.

indeed there are some Nigerian citizens that are more evil than Nigerian government.

Gadddmit! shocked shocked kpele...God will heal u and reward your good works

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Many Nigerians are terrible. Especially poor Nigerians.

32 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by BusinessCity: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
indeed there are some Nigerian citizens that are more evil than Nigerian government.

Gadddmit! shocked shocked kpele...God will heal u and reward your good works

I had to leave the area impromptu cause of the embarrassment. So, helping Nigerians is dicey

19 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Righteousness2(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
A thief will always be a thief no matter how nice you are.

It's JESUS that Changes the Heart of man. Nothing else.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by We4all: 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
He should get himself a wife so she can prepare his meals regularly. By the way, why is the guy whining given that he also cheats people?

Before you rush to counter me, all travel agents are corporate fraudsters and he isn't an exception.

32 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by ceeceeuwa: 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:

You will still help people! But it is advisable you help people who are in no position to repay your kindness... Preferably, people who do not even know were you reside. Do more of charity work! Visit orphanage homes and the likes. There are much blessings attached to giving!

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by rawtouch: 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
undecided

make the chef wakanow back to him village

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
that's is human for u sir.. because u treats him as a brother that's why he has the effrontery to do this, I don't know why it's a crime to be too good to someone in this life, all what u did for him is too sweet, see now he missed once in a life time job. it's good u caught him earlier
who knows he may want to poison u and take over Ur properties
check my signature

8 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Factfinder1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
angry
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Sonnobax15(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
shocked

Don't because of 5naira akara burn your hands that you'll use to count 5million naira....

In this modern day Nigeria wey nobody is to be trusted any more, someone ought be very vigilant on whom to trust... Especially with who dey cook the food wey you dey chop...

11 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
This could backfire on him.

He is a Ceo of wakanow, a company with liberal investors and ideas

This remark is very dangerous for the company image.

This is something to keep private, nowadays, social justice warriors on Twitter and Facebook can not set the boundaries between a company, the CEO and his personal opinion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
$300 salary for a family man will barely be enough cry
I'm single and living with my brother, and we spend more than 100k a month on ourselves - data, feeding, transportation and stuff.
Rent not inclusive, offerings, donations and other things.

Nigeria is truly the world poverty capital!

Edit: You people should stop quoting me and crying, I never said the guy wasn't paying him enough.
I'm just saying the money won't be enough for him and his family. They're totally different things...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Thief must thief.......... wink

And this chef would either blame buhari or the devil...... wink

5 Likes

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by ad3ajayi: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Na so life be bros
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by MVLOX(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nigerian politrickians are one of the highest paid in the world yet they still steal.... Abeg make we hear another story

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / See How I Spoilt My Wife On Her Birthday. PHOTOS. / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.