Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 (29867 Views)

Arsenal Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 13th December 2020 / Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 2) On 22nd January 2020 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 21st January 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:17am On Jan 22, 2021
Angelfrost:

What are you trying to say sir?!! Didn't the 'support' bring them countless successes last season?!!... cool

Come to think of it... Nor be you, Kyase and Fuckingmallam45 swear for their key players, put them to pasture since last year?!!...

Abeg, make una free me o!!!... I comot hand from Liverpool matter at the request of Gbest90 last year.

As for Chelsea... Their failure and mediocrity clearly predates whatever lame support I sent their way. cool
Ahhhh grin Angelfrost o de beru oloun grin, okay shey na we swear for the Leeds United wey u Dey support too grin, accept the fact and congratulate us grin

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:18am On Jan 22, 2021
fergie001:

At the bolded ...MODS...ban angelfrost...e don kee me with laugh
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ghettokid1 fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 vickyrotex emeijeh theboss100
grin grin,Kyase shey u Dey hear ur man ba grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Rumxy(m): 4:12am On Jan 22, 2021
toluxe0075:

I agree with all your three points, but saying Klopp underachieved with this side is ridiculous.

This team won the UCL and EPL. I mean, the UCL and EPL in two seasons. Asides that, they could have won the EPL with their 97 points two seasons ago but got ousted by another team with just a point ahead of them. 97 points wins the league in any country around the world. The following season, they came back to win EPL with 99 points just as they came back to win the UCL after losing to Madrid in the final.

97 and 99 points in two seasons is not a joke.

Give credit to Klopp and his side. What he has achieved in the last 4 years is truly remarkable. Football clubs like Tottenham, Arsenal can only dream of what his side did.

They were remarkable no doubt but they could have achieved more. Do you know that if Klopp had taken other domestic competitions seriously, he would have made history in England. His team was very relentless and would have won the treble if Klopp has taken the FA cup a bit serious. When you are at the top of your game, you try to win as many trophies as possible. That was what made Ferguson a legend in the game. Guardiola is following that path even though the UCL still eludes him at City. I think Liverpool were more obsessed with ending their 30 year EPL hoodoo and forgot that they would have achieved greater than that. I believe in the hindsight, Klopp would see this as a missed opportunity to increase the club's trophy cabinet because in the future when listing the greatest teams/coaches, what people use to judge is your trophy count and not how you played. In essence, what I am trying to say is that this Liverpool was too good not to win atleast FA cup or Carabao cup to add to the EPL and UCL because they had the capability to win them. It is not late though.

Credit to Klopp for building this team from the scratch. Another challenge awaits which is recycling and reinventing the team.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by hermesprogidy(m): 4:53am On Jan 22, 2021
Gbest90:

You need sense to understand sense when you see one.

Fabinho, a makeshift centre back had a striker running at him and lunged in a tackle...... I believe you know the rest of the story.

Put Joe Gomez or Van Dijk in his shoes, and all they would have to do is back track and try to usher him away from goal.

A midfielder cannot become a centre back overnight. They are two very different jobs.
Where was all this excuse of no CB when Liverpool beat somebody's pikin 7 nil?
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Kyase(m): 6:02am On Jan 22, 2021
Fuckingmallam45:

grin grin,Kyase shey u Dey hear ur man ba grin

My brother I hear am oo grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 22, 2021
xynerise:
First loss at Anfield to a relegated team grin grin
its not the first time they lose 3:0 against relegated watford last season
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Dansuqi: 6:50am On Jan 22, 2021
mulerogold:

Na dat worst case i no pray for oo.
Na WIN i press for am.

Liverpool under 2.5goal and Atletico straight Win i stake with 2k.

See wetin dem cum dey play with Raba wey i for take buy fuel tomorrow embarassed cry

Show love oh
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Walelavender(m): 6:59am On Jan 22, 2021
The league is for City to lose.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lomprico2: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2021
Skipperrabiu:
its not the first time they lose 3:0 against relegated watford last season

1st loss at ANFIELD!
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by anslemarinze52(m): 7:25am On Jan 22, 2021
Godbless3:

Glad they finally loose. You can't use the same team over 3-4 years and not expect other teams to get use to them.
Man city with their quality will also look to close loophole and competition but liverpool cry as if covid 19 didn't affect aston villa that goes out to sign players.
Should have gotten rid of shaq, origi, and keep lovren if he wasn't going to buy a center back.
I'm tired of hearing 68 unbeaten draw.

lolz......... the last sentence though
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Dybala11(m): 7:26am On Jan 22, 2021
osazsky:
am not saying liechester will win it i only said they will finish above u guys...this season is for pep cuz he has only kloop as his competitor the rest are just there doing reharsals..i hope klopp gives him a good fight nxt season..cuz as it stands now liverpool are out..just rest oga..dont ecpect pep to give his cup to one nysc coach.go get urself a coach then we can discuse good night
What the heck, have you been watching the back of the TV?
How the heck will Leicester City finish above United this season? grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2021
Walelavender:
The league is for City to lose.
Oil dey your head grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 8:03am On Jan 22, 2021
Liverpool una eyes don clear say na City get the league grin
Angelfrost, Ebukahades10 wetin dey sup na grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by RealEzee(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Baba you still have Leicester city and Manchester city (who have a game in hand) to contend with. Enjoy your time at the top of the table. E don tey wey una grace there, the real toppers just wanted you to spend some time there and have a feel of what it's like to be at the top. City and CITY are coming for you guys, don't get your hopes high.
u too dey talk , sharrap
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by RealEzee(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2021
Lomprico2:

1st loss at ANFIELD!
first of many to come
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by RealEzee(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2021
GGMU cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Lamasta:

We walking on sunshine here!!!... This is gonna be a truly memorable season. grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2021
Babysho:

If only Klopp could just be as flexible as Pep, he'll realize what he needs to do. Whenever opposition teams pack the bus, the attack will have to function in very tight spaces. It then switches from a game of player pace/agility/agidi to one of technique/vision/body balance/finesse. Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum immediately need to go out of the line up for Taki, Shaqiri and Jones respectively. They have more technique than Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum.

Instructions should be to play centrally, stay behind the ball and the midfield should be as flexible as possible. Make risky short passes and quick thinking of next move before receiving passes.

Another key play was Thiago. He gave the forwards so many unexpected low passes that Man Utd defence never saw coming but apparently Liverpool players too are lost and not even opening up their bodies to receive the passes. I saw Thiago give Wijnaldum and Mane clean passes severally in good attacking positions only for them to struggle with controlling it, fumble and pass back to defence. I've seen Sheffield UTD play better. Again, Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum need to sit these low block games out. If West Ham decide to play out then you can bring on Salah and Mane as there'd be sufficient space for their pace.

And lastly, Robbo and Arnold should cut the passes back more often inorder to make runs to create space/options and should quit those spamming of low and high crosses inside to 5'7 attackers.

Also, there'd be a significant drop in stamina/press power because of Mane and Gini absence, therefore, Fabinho needs to get back in the midfield. Henderson and the 22 year old Nathaniel Williams should play defence. The defence will still be fine with Fab as CDM.
I lyk yuh analysis
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Lamasta:
Enjoy urself. Better u lots than ur noisy neighbors

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by DownChelsea(f): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2021
21 in 21
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2021
RealEzee:
u too dey talk , sharrap
I go talk pass this one when CITY and city displace una from 1st and 2nd positions respectively. You never see anything.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by DownChelsea(f): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

I go talk pass this one when CITY and city displace una from 1st and 2nd positions respectively. You never see anything.

Your hatred is toothless and laughable.

Lmao. If only it wud change anything
grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2021
DownChelsea:

Your hatred is toothless and laughable.
Lmao. If only it wud change anything grin
Yours is even more laughable, you had to display that on your username.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Angelfrost:

We walking on sunshine here!!!... This is gonna be a truly memorable season. grin
Its not over until City wins the league and Liverpool comes second followed by the rest grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2021
EbukaHades10:
Enjoy urself. Better u lots than ur noisy neighbors
Those neighbors noise don pass City own recently now its asive they already won the league grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by UniqueDennis(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2021
Kyase:
sadly, he doesn't....

Well, i personally respect your opinion, but i earnestlydisagree that he doesnt have the quality or talent.. Klopp should give him more regular playing time and i believe the best of him will come out.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Jeffyblaq:

I lyk yuh analysis

Thank you. The boys are so hard-working and they're doing everything right giving top performances.
Unfortunately, Klopp is very confused right now and will lose his next 2 fixtures (3Ls in a row) because of it. It's not his fault though. It's the type of squad we have.

The current Liverpool players are not technical enough. Go watch Dortmund under Klopp videos on YouTube. Dortmund under Klopp played counter attacking football similar to Liverpool's except with players like Gundogan and Kagawa pulling the strings. Their build up was so flexible. Probably the most flexible counter attacking football ever. Even in the event that teams were parking the bus, it was even better for them as they broke those defences in split seconds because they had natural technique in Kagawa, Gotze and Gundogan. Even the fullbacks were flexible going inverted and overlapping as they wish making all sorts of amazing runs.

Contrast with Liverpool. Ever seen Liverpool on the counter lately? Fabinho intercepts, passes to Gini, Gini on a normal day will pass to Mane. Mane who's been double marked will then be forced to go to the flank and hold up the ball, try doing some little dances and then use his weaker foot to make an embarrassing cross into the 18. Shocking but that's his best.
Are y'all forgetting Sadio Mane? Or Mohammed Salah? They are limited players. All they have is pace. No different from Bellerin, Daniel James, Bergwin or Moura. They can't give what they don't have.

I'm not saying they're bad players but I'm saying they would perform better if they had more technical players around them.

Just pull up a video on YouTube on Klopp at Dortmund and see what I'm talking about. The flexibility and technique of each player. You couldn't even identify who was who. Everyone was on a god level.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2021
Gbest90:

You need sense to understand sense when you see one.

Fabinho, a makeshift centre back had a striker running at him and lunged in a tackle...... I believe you know the rest of the story.

Put Joe Gomez or Van Dijk in his shoes, and all they would have to do is back track and try to usher him away from goal.

A midfielder cannot become a centre back overnight. They are two very different jobs.

You're a genius sir. We're thinking alike. What do you think about this my analysis below?

If only Klopp could just be as flexible as Pep, he'll realize what he needs to do. Whenever opposition teams pack the bus, the attack will have to function in very tight spaces. It then switches from a game of player pace/agility/agidi to one of technique/vision/body balance/finesse. Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum immediately need to go out of the line up for Taki, Shaqiri and Jones respectively. They have more technique than Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum.

Instructions should be to play centrally, stay behind the ball and the midfield should be as flexible as possible. Make risky short passes and quick thinking of next move before receiving passes.

Another key play was Thiago. He gave the forwards so many unexpected low passes that Man Utd defence never saw coming but apparently Liverpool players too are lost and not even opening up their bodies to receive the passes. I saw Thiago give Wijnaldum and Mane clean passes severally in good attacking positions only for them to struggle with controlling it, fumble and pass back to defence. I've seen Sheffield UTD play better. Again, Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum need to sit these low block games out. If West Ham decide to play out then you can bring on Salah and Mane as there'd be sufficient space for their pace.

Also, there'd be a significant drop in stamina/press power because of Mane and Gini absence, therefore, Fabinho needs to get back in the midfield. His presence is needed up front more than at the back. Henderson and the 22 year old Nathaniel Williams should play defence. The defence will still be fine with Fab as CDM.

And lastly, Robbo and Arnold should cut the passes back more often inorder to make runs to create space/options and should quit those spamming of low and high crosses inside to 5'7 attackers.
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by EbukaHades10(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2021
Lamasta:

Those neighbors noise don pass City own recently now its asive they already won the league grin
Hope say e no go do them like dis outcome

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Dybala11(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2021
prince2pac:
Wetin you go come tell lampard and Chelsea
The river of life don carry those ones comot now. grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by DownChelsea(f): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Yours is even more laughable, you had to display that on your username.

DownChelsea.

Pains!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Bimpe29: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
And so fucking what?
prince2pac:
city still have a game in hand oga

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Euro 2020: Everything You Need To Know / Barcelona Face Juve As Psg Meet Man United ULC 2020/21 Draw / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (0 - 2) On 15th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.