Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 (28813 Views)

Arsenal Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 13th December 2020 / Manchester United Vs Burnley (0 - 2) On 22nd January 2020 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 21st January 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by prince2pac(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bimpe29:
And so fucking what?

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by mywells: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
All player that play for Burley yesterday was all From England only Brady putting on 12 shirt was from Sweden or so and substitute to another foreign player,
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by ofiko123(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
You will never walk alone....up Liverpool...we will definitely bounce back...
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Kyase(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
UniqueDennis:

Well, i personally respect your opinion, but i earnestlydisagree that he doesnt have the quality or talent.. Klopp should give him more regular playing time and i believe the best of him will come out.
I agree let klopp give him chance to prove himself
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Kayclite: 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Just saw this thread. Didn't watch the match yesterday. Wow, Liverpool lost at home to Burnley and the streak is broken. Well, all I can say is...

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Babysho:

Thank you. The boys are so hard-working and they're doing everything right giving top performances.
Unfortunately, Klopp is very confused right now and will lose his next 2 fixtures (3Ls in a row) because of it. It's not his fault though. It's the type of squad we have.

The current Liverpool players are not technical enough. Go watch Dortmund under Klopp videos on YouTube. Dortmund under Klopp played counter attacking football similar to Liverpool's except with players like Gundogan and Kagawa pulling the strings. Their build up was so flexible. Probably the most flexible counter attacking football ever. Even in the event that teams were parking the bus, it was even better for them as they broke those defences in split seconds because they had natural technique in Kagawa, Gotze and Gundogan. Even the fullbacks were flexible going inverted and overlapping as they wish making all sorts of amazing runs.

Contrast with Liverpool. Ever seen Liverpool on the counter lately? Fabinho intercepts, passes to Gini, Gini on a normal day will pass to Mane. Mane who's been double marked will then be forced to go to the flank and hold up the ball, try doing some little dances and then use his weaker foot to make an embarrassing cross into the 18. Shocking but that's his best.
Are y'all forgetting Sadio Mane? Or Mohammed Salah? They are limited players. All they have is pace. No different from Bellerin, Daniel James, Bergwin or Moura. They can't give what they don't have.

I'm not saying they're bad players but I'm saying they would perform better if they had more technical players around them.

Just pull up a video on YouTube on Klopp at Dortmund and see what I'm talking about. The flexibility and technique of each player. You couldn't even identify who was who. Everyone was on a god level.

Salute

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Bimpe29: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Bimpe29: 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
W
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
EbukaHades10:
Hope say e no go do them like dis outcome

As in ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Gbest90(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
Babysho:

You're a genius sir. We're thinking alike. What do you think about this my analysis below?

If only Klopp could just be as flexible as Pep, he'll realize what he needs to do. Whenever opposition teams pack the bus, the attack will have to function in very tight spaces. It then switches from a game of player pace/agility/agidi to one of technique/vision/body balance/finesse. Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum immediately need to go out of the line up for Taki, Shaqiri and Jones respectively. They have more technique than Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum.

Instructions should be to play centrally, stay behind the ball and the midfield should be as flexible as possible. Make risky short passes and quick thinking of next move before receiving passes.

Another key play was Thiago. He gave the forwards so many unexpected low passes that Man Utd defence never saw coming but apparently Liverpool players too are lost and not even opening up their bodies to receive the passes. I saw Thiago give Wijnaldum and Mane clean passes severally in good attacking positions only for them to struggle with controlling it, fumble and pass back to defence. I've seen Sheffield UTD play better. Again, Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum need to sit these low block games out. If West Ham decide to play out then you can bring on Salah and Mane as there'd be sufficient space for their pace.

Also, there'd be a significant drop in stamina/press power because of Mane and Gini absence, therefore, Fabinho needs to get back in the midfield. His presence is needed up front more than at the back. Henderson and the 22 year old Nathaniel Williams should play defence. The defence will still be fine with Fab as CDM.

And lastly, Robbo and Arnold should cut the passes back more often inorder to make runs to create space/options and should quit those spamming of low and high crosses inside to 5'7 attackers.

Hmmmm.

You've actually said it all Sir.

But then it's isn't gonna be that easy. Reason being that, almost all teams now tend to pack the box against the Reds.

And going by your analysis, Mane and Salah(who have been MAJOR contributors to Liverpool's success over the years), will have to sit out the line up for majority of games. Which will be a very very very difficult decision for Jurgen Klopp.

So it would be better to bring in a creative midfielder, with good driving skill(ability to run with the ball)

This will help draw opposition players out of position, thereby freeing up some space for the wide forwards to run into. Unlike Hendo and Gini who always spray wide passes to the full backs; who in turn, send hopeful crosses into a box usually containing 7 or 8 defenders.

Naby Keita has been able to do that job to an extent. That's why Liverpool tend to be more dynamic against low block opponents when he is in the team. But the issue has always been his fitness.

So, I think Liverpool should try to keep Keita fit, or sign another creative midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by dumininu01(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Babysho:

Thank you. The boys are so hard-working and they're doing everything right giving top performances.
Unfortunately, Klopp is very confused right now and will lose his next 2 fixtures (3Ls in a row) because of it. It's not his fault though. It's the type of squad we have.

The current Liverpool players are not technical enough. Go watch Dortmund under Klopp videos on YouTube. Dortmund under Klopp played counter attacking football similar to Liverpool's except with players like Gundogan and Kagawa pulling the strings. Their build up was so flexible. Probably the most flexible counter attacking football ever. Even in the event that teams were parking the bus, it was even better for them as they broke those defences in split seconds because they had natural technique in Kagawa, Gotze and Gundogan. Even the fullbacks were flexible going inverted and overlapping as they wish making all sorts of amazing runs.

Contrast with Liverpool. Ever seen Liverpool on the counter lately? Fabinho intercepts, passes to Gini, Gini on a normal day will pass to Mane. Mane who's been double marked will then be forced to go to the flank and hold up the ball, try doing some little dances and then use his weaker foot to make an embarrassing cross into the 18. Shocking but that's his best.
Are y'all forgetting Sadio Mane? Or Mohammed Salah? They are limited players. All they have is pace. No different from Bellerin, Daniel James, Bergwin or Moura. They can't give what they don't have.

I'm not saying they're bad players but I'm saying they would perform better if they had more technical players around them.

Just pull up a video on YouTube on Klopp at Dortmund and see what I'm talking about. The flexibility and technique of each player. You couldn't even identify who was who. Everyone was on a god level.

I think Liverpool should have gotten a number 10 and a good striker
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by VickyRotex(f): 2:48am On Jan 23, 2021
RedBlood01:
The record have been broken

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 vickyrotex emeijeh theboss100

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Akant laugh.... I said it oooo

Please I'm looking for Gbest90 grin grin grin

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by VickyRotex(f): 2:49am On Jan 23, 2021
EbukaHades10:

No one dares Anfield grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by VickyRotex(f): 2:53am On Jan 23, 2021
fergie001:
E don happen..I don tell am...e don happen....I don tell am.

Scatter Anfield.....something Pogba should have helped scatter ...Sean Dyche block everywhere.

4th game in a row, no goal

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 vickyrotex emeijeh theboss100

Smh grin grin grin

Make una sha remain for una 1st, elseeeeeeeeeee undecided undecided

Gbest90:

Hmmmm.

Records are always there to be broken sha, although I never imagined it would be Burnley.

CONGRATS TO PEP GUARDIOLA ON YET ANOTHER LEAGUE TITLE.

Gbest! Gbest!! cheesy

You never agreed that records are to be broken na grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Babysho(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2021
Gbest90:

Hmmmm.

You've actually said it all Sir.

But then it's isn't gonna be that easy. Reason being that, almost all teams now tend to pack the box against the Reds.

And going by your analysis, Mane and Salah(who have been MAJOR contributors to Liverpool's success over the years), will have to sit out the line up for majority of games. Which will be a very very very difficult decision for Jurgen Klopp.

So it would be better to bring in a creative midfielder, with good driving skill(ability to run with the ball)

This will help draw opposition players out of position, thereby freeing up some space for the wide forwards to run into. Unlike Hendo and Gini who always spray wide passes to the full backs; who in turn, send hopeful crosses into a box usually containing 7 or 8 defenders.

Naby Keita has been able to do that job to an extent. That's why Liverpool tend to be more dynamic against low block opponents when he is in the team. But the issue has always been his fitness.

So, I think Liverpool should try to keep Keita fit, or sign another creative midfielder.

I agree with you. We're definitely on the same page. Getting one or two world-class creative midfielders would do a lot of good for the attack but considering the current circumstances of things, I don't think Liverpool will be looking at making deals in the transfer market. That's why I'm suggesting using the current 'near-creative' players that we have.

I've watched Curtis Jones play and he's actually a very creative player when he plays with confidence. He does 100X better in tight spaces than Wijnaldum and Henderson.

Shaqiri no doubt is a creative player with great vision. Balls best when played as an actual RW not a CAM or CM. He would enjoy finding those spaces and runs in tight spots.

Taki and Firmino very key to the play. In my opinion simply need environment where they can thrive. They're similar in playing style. They both have great body balance which makes them perfect for One-Two passes.

The team could even adopt a triangular passing with the fullbacks like Man City does.

Then Imagine Thiago doing Thiago things.

The midfield will then need Fabinho to act as a destroyer.

All our wins against most teams parking the bus would come so easy because even those teams are not parking the bus properly. I've done the math. Any form of technical player by his presence would break those defences.

Do you remember the Crystal Palace game Liverpool won 7-0. That happened because Keita, Taki and Firmino all started that game. Even though their build up wasn't exactly pure, Firmino, Keita and Taki by sheer body balance and ball control were able to break the defence. Palace had started that game parking the bus, when we netted 2 or 3, second half Roy Hodgson then decided to come out to play, but that was when Klopp made the right call bringing in Salah and Chamberlain. Ofcourse they played well because now they had sufficient space.

That was the first time I was convinced Klopp had been advised to try technical players but recently I've been expecting that same energy and I'm disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by fergie001: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2021
VickyRotex:

Smh grin grin grin

Make una sha remain for una 1st, elseeeeeeeeeee undecided undecided
grin grin

Gbest! Gbest!! cheesy

No mind am grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by EbukaHades10(m): 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2021
VickyRotex:

No one dares Anfield grin grin
I weak but #WeMarchOn

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Gbest90(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
VickyRotex:

Gbest! Gbest!! cheesy

I stand corrected now.

Every start, surely has a finish.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Gbest90(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
Babysho:

I agree with you. We're definitely on the same page. Getting one or two world-class creative midfielders would do a lot of good for the attack but considering the current circumstances of things, I don't think Liverpool will be looking at making deals in the transfer market. That's why I'm suggesting using the current 'near-creative' players that we have.

I've watched Curtis Jones play and he's actually a very creative player when he plays with confidence. He does 100X better in tight spaces than Wijnaldum and Henderson.

Shaqiri no doubt is a creative player with great vision. Balls best when played as an actual RW not a CAM or CM. He would enjoy finding those spaces and runs in tight spots.

Taki and Firmino very key to the play. In my opinion simply need environment where they can thrive. They're similar in playing style. They both have great body balance which makes them perfect for One-Two passes.

The team could even adopt a triangular passing with the fullbacks like Man City does.

Then Imagine Thiago doing Thiago things.

The midfield will then need Fabinho to act as a destroyer.

All our wins against most teams parking the bus would come so easy because even those teams are not parking the bus properly. I've done the math. Any form of technical player by his presence would break those defences.

Do you remember the Crystal Palace game Liverpool won 7-0. That happened because Keita, Taki and Firmino all started that game. Even though their build up wasn't exactly pure, Firmino, Keita and Taki by sheer body balance and ball control were able to break the defence. Palace had started that game parking the bus, when we netted 2 or 3, second half Roy Hodgson then decided to come out to play, but that was when Klopp made the right call bringing in Salah and Chamberlain. Ofcourse they played well because now they had sufficient space.

That was the first time I was convinced Klopp had been advised to try technical players but recently I've been expecting that same energy and I'm disappointed.
Hmmmm.

Nice one. You would do just fine in the world of punditry Sir. smiley

Although I still wish Liverpool can venture into the transfer market.

Shaq is too injury prone, And Curtis is still inexperienced

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
Gbest90:

Hmmmm.

Nice one. You would do just fine in the world of punditry Sir. smiley

Although I still wish Liverpool can venture into the transfer market.

Shaq is too injury prone, And Curtis is still inexperienced

Haha thank you. It's just the little things I notice.
Ofcourse! Liverpool need a complete CB badly so Fabinho can get back in the midfield and a creative midfielder too.
I wish Shaq and Keita would stay fit for longer periods too.
True, Curtis is inexperienced but he's very promising. Analysts have said he plays like Coutinho. I think he should be given more play time.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by VickyRotex(f): 1:52am On Jan 25, 2021
EbukaHades10:
I weak but #WeMarchOn

lol ndo

We meuuveee o grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Burnley (0 - 1) On 21st January 2021 by VickyRotex(f): 1:54am On Jan 25, 2021
Gbest90:

I stand corrected now.

Every start, surely has a finish.

Correct! cheesy

Way to go cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 0) On 18th November 2017 / Burnley-Tottenham Hotspur Match Postponed Due To Heavy Snow At Turf Moor / Gbenga Okunowo Features As Real Madrid Legends Beat Barcelona Legends 3-2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.