Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

5 Steps To Self Development - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Steps To Self Development (206 Views)

How To Get Your Certificate From Adekunle Ajasin University In 5 Steps / Steps To Check Your Matric Number On JAMB Matriculation List / 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Steps To Self Development by Ohteebee(f): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Quite a number of people live each day as it comes, clueless of what else the next minute holds.
They engage in so many things for the sake of seeking fulfilment, but keep going round the circles.

There are five major steps to coming out of this web of frustration, which I will quickly address.

1. The Listening Habit

The benefit of listening more than you talk can never be over emphasized. There are 101 things you are yet to learn, and if all you do is talk about the things you know, denying others the benefit of depositing some values in you, you will continue to remain where you are.

The more you listen, the higher your state of reasoning, that is like gathering knowledge from different angles, comparing and contrasting till you get the best of it.

Imagine if all you do is to give out, how then will you ever receive?

2. Setting Boundaries

There is this neighbour of mine who jokes a lot to the detriment of another. I mean, he can be so insulting and say things you will remember for life, all in the name of jokes.

I have been enduring his words just so I don't appear strict or unfriendly since no one else was complaining.

But at a point, I told him clearly to his face, right in the presence of everyone, never to say certain words to me again, I also made sure I warned him of his touchy ways. He wanted to laugh it off as usual, but I wasn't in for it. I stood my ground and created that boundary which brought back respect from everyone.

You need to understand that, there are certain things you need to say a big NO to, don't ever be intimidated to accept everything because others are accepting it. You are not everyone.

3. Daily Records

This is something that has helped me grately, each day, I pick a book and write out what I was able to do that day. I check out my mistakes, the words I said which I shouldn't have uttered, and what I desire to do the next day.

This process has brought about tremendous change. Why? Because I am now accountable to my inner mind. I won't want to repeat the same mistakes over and over again, instead, I get the chance to rewrite my ways.

4. Positive Words

One thing I have learnt to do is, never to say "I can't", when I haven't tried.

Why can't you when others can? You become exactly what you say to yourself.

If you have that believe that you can't achieve something, my dear, you won't.

The universe has ears, whatever you say to it is what it brings to you and makes you work on.
Do your best in avoiding negative words.

5. Be Selective

Yes, you read that right. Be highly selective when it comes to people you keep close. Don't be all about pleasing people or making friends with everyone. You don't need them, you can never please them.

Position yourself in a way you attract only people who will add value to your life.

Who has excess friends helped in this life? Instead it brings a lot of negative energies and frenemies.

Only people who are not ready to grow will tag that pride. If that is the price to getting your life on track and influencing your tribe, please pay the price.

___

These are basic tips that can set you on the proper development journey, especially in this year when everyone is set to grow.

You have certain questions bothering you?
You don't know how to get started?
You need someone to fuel your spirit and be interested in your growth?

Click this link to connect with me https:///3qE6tBj

Or send a direct message to +2348174506452

We are in this together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Self Development by Runningwater(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ohteebee:
Quite a number of people live each day as it comes, clueless of what else the next minute holds.
They engage in so many things for the sake of seeking fulfilment, but keep going round the circles.

There are five major steps to coming out of this web of frustration, which I will quickly address.

1. The Listening Habit

The benefit of listening more than you talk can never be over emphasized. There are 101 things you are yet to learn, and if all you do is talk about the things you know, denying others the benefit of depositing some values in you, you will continue to remain where you are.

The more you listen, the higher your state of reasoning, that is like gathering knowledge from different angles, comparing and contrasting till you get the best of it.

Imagine if all you do is to give out, how then will you ever receive?

2. Setting Boundaries

There is this neighbour of mine who jokes a lot to the detriment of another. I mean, he can be so insulting and say things you will remember for life, all in the name of jokes.

I have been enduring his words just so I don't appear strict or unfriendly since no one else was complaining.

But at a point, I told him clearly to his face, right in the presence of everyone, never to say certain words to me again, I also made sure I warned him of his touchy ways. He wanted to laugh it off as usual, but I wasn't in for it. I stood my ground and created that boundary which brought back respect from everyone.

You need to understand that, there are certain things you need to say a big NO to, don't ever be intimidated to accept everything because others are accepting it. You are not everyone.

3. Daily Records

This is something that has helped me grately, each day, I pick a book and write out what I was able to do that day. I check out my mistakes, the words I said which I shouldn't have uttered, and what I desire to do the next day.

This process has brought about tremendous change. Why? Because I am now accountable to my inner mind. I won't want to repeat the same mistakes over and over again, instead, I get the chance to rewrite my ways.

4. Positive Words

One thing I have learnt to do is, never to say "I can't", when I haven't tried.

Why can't you when others can? You become exactly what you say to yourself.

If you have that believe that you can't achieve something, my dear, you won't.

The universe has ears, whatever you say to it is what it brings to you and makes you work on.
Do your best in avoiding negative words.

5. Be Selective

Yes, you read that right. Be highly selective when it comes to people you keep close. Don't be all about pleasing people or making friends with everyone. You don't need them, you can never please them.

Position yourself in a way you attract only people who will add value to your life.

Who has excess friends helped in this life? Instead it brings a lot of negative energies and frenemies.

Only people who are not ready to grow will tag that pride. If that is the price to getting your life on track and influencing your tribe, please pay the price.

___

These are basic tips that can set you on the proper development journey, especially in this year when everyone is set to grow.

You have certain questions bothering you?
You don't know how to get started?
You need someone to fuel your spirit and be interested in your growth?

Click this link to connect with me https:///3qE6tBj

Or send a direct message to +2348174506452

We are in this together.
Re: 5 Steps To Self Development by Runningwater(m): 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nice write up. Keep it up!!!
Number 3 also called journaling. its one of my new year resolution this year. My journal contains my thoughts, ideas, daily experience, daily goals, things im grateful for among others p

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only For The Genius / 9 Things You Should Never Post On Any Social Media At All / Ireland Fellows Programme For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.