Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort (1313 Views)

Lendnaira: Quick Loan Of Up To ₦5 Million Without Bvn/collateral/guarantor / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by organicSkin: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Whenever I tell people my story they seem to not believe me. I opened nairaland account while I was in the university (obafemi awolowo university). I had just started selling organic ingredients mostly sheabutter and cocoa butter and then when people ask for more stuff I would order it from lagos to Ife where I was schoolingand sell to them

On this day I saw a friend of mine who was really glowing and thought it was makeup. So I complimented her looks and told her I liked her makeup that morning . She responded that she wasn't on makeup. Didn't believe her so had to touch her face. I was like why was she glowing differently , she said it's probably cos she is well rested.

Later on that day I kept staring and admiring her and we got talking. It was then that she revealed the secret to her glow which was cream and soap from starbeautyworld.

Asked if the starbeautyworld products she was using was shipped from abroad she said NO.

Asked her if she could give me some of the products, she was like why don't I buy mine. That I should go to the website.

Long story short, I bought only oil that I could afford and after saving my allowance and selling some sheabutters and other organic ingredients I was able to buy more products to make a complete package.

I kept buying and people were complementing me. To be honest with you. I enjoyed the attention I got.

It was so bad that I didn't know where the idea struck me, whenever people ask me what I use, I tell them I sell skincare products and when they say they want to buy I tell them my price which is slightly higher than the price I get from starbeautyworld and remove her label and sell with paper tape label.

After a while, I did my own stickers.

I tried getting from naraglow another skincare vendor since she was cheaper but I noticed the people I sold it to rained curses on me. So obviously naraglow was a bad idea.

I went back to shopping from starbeautyworld and then during Christmas I received a call request from a number stating they would like to thank me personally for my patronage.

I told them it was okay for them to call and on 26th December, the owner of starbeautyworld called, her name is Chioma and wished me compliments of the season .

For some weird reason the call duration took longer because I was tring to sweet talk her to consider me for special discounts apart from the once in a blue moon sale they normally have. That was when she mentioned that I was already part of the exclusive buyer reserve(EBR) team and she won't be able to give more discounts.

I told her I wasn't aware of that and it was my first time of hearing it and she was like she is sure I was part of the team cos she was only reaching out personally to those who are in the EBR team .

I insisted I didn't understand what she meant and she went further to explain to me that I should check my inbox or spam folder for mail from them

Long story short, 3 weeks after the call , I stumbled on the mail while trying to register for CISCO certification and in my mind I was like oh this was the email this lady was talking about.

Followed the instructions in the email and on the site page I shocked to see that on October I automatically had an account created for me on the exclusive buyer reserve team and had 142,355 naira in the account.

At first I thought it was just points but then I decided to ask so made enquiries and I was told if I wanted to withdraw the money I could as long as it was above 25,000 naira or I could use it to purchase products on the website.

Still in doubt , I wanted to test if it was true or not, so I asked how I could withdraw it. I was told to fill in my bank information on my account , send an email request for withdrawal and the 3rd party company will fund it.

Without wasting much time I did and in 48 hrs I received a credit alert of exactly 142,355 naira.

I was the happiest final year computer engineering student � .

Then I began to ask questions as to how I got the amount and found out that for each product I bought from the website consistently for 4 months that was worth 35,000 naira and above I had a share of 20%

The crazy part was i wasn't even buying these products for myself, hence it was obvious that this bonus was targeted at loyal customers.

Fast forward to few weeks later,

Went home for short break and people who had not seen me for a while were admiring my skin glow, trust me this time around I did not hesitate to let them know that I sell products.

Long story short, I had nothing less than 50 people from school and home whom I was selling products with my own label to.

The bonus increased to 35% as a result of increase in my purchase from the website

While I was making profits selling to the big girls in school and my mum's friend and relatives at home , I was also getting bonuses .

Life was sweet!!!

Oh by this time I already dumped selling ingredients � , used some of the profit I made to pay someone to do my project.

By the time I was done with school , I was a big girl. Withdrew my first million ever in 6 months after the first and only withdrawal I had made intially. The exact amount was 1,805,045 naira.

Went for service a big girl paid to be posted to Lagos . Paid to be exempted from camp. Got more clients from CDS and just 2 months after service, I relocated to Canada.

Found out it was difficult for Nigerians here in Canada to get the right products for their skin , got more clients and as usual ordered from the website and have it shipped over to me.

Got a job in an IT firm here while still receiving bonuses from purchase from the website as side hustle without stress.

Then just before COVID happened I lost my job cos the company packed up. And to be honest with you I didn't really feel it cos my side hustle was more than enough to get me going, the only problem was I wasn't sending as much money back to Nigeria to my people cos the bonus from the website was my only means of survival which was way better than nothing and very much sustainable to start my hair business here in Canada.

So yeah, that's my story and I thought to share this with someone.

Don't know if this is the right platform.

There are silent ways people make money don't let the noise makers fools you.

4 Likes

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by LMS1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
mmm.Op I'll be back
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by dawnomike(m): 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
organicSkin:
Whenever I tell people my story they seem to not believe me. I opened nairaland account while I was in the university (obafemi awolowo university). I had just started selling organic ingredients mostly sheabutter and cocoa butter and then when people ask for more stuff I would order it from lagos to Ife where I was schoolingand sell to them

On this day I saw a friend of mine who was really glowing and thought it was makeup. So I complimented her looks and told her I liked her makeup that morning . She responded that she wasn't on makeup. Didn't believe her so had to touch her face. I was like why was she glowing differently , she said it's probably cos she is well rested.

Later on that day I kept staring and admiring her and we got talking. It was then that she revealed the secret to her glow which was cream and soap from starbeautyworld.

Asked if the starbeautyworld products she was using was shipped from abroad she said NO.

Asked her if she could give me some of the products, she was like why don't I buy mine. That I should go to the website.

Long story short, I bought only oil that I could afford and after saving my allowance and selling some sheabutters and other organic ingredients I was able to buy more products to make a complete package.

I kept buying and people were complementing me. To be honest with you. I enjoyed the attention I got.

It was so bad that I didn't know where the idea struck me, whenever people ask me what I use, I tell them I sell skincare products and when they say they want to buy I tell them my price which is slightly higher than the price I get from starbeautyworld and remove her label and sell with paper tape label.

I tried getting from naraglow another skincare vendor since she was cheaper but I noticed the people I sold it to rained curses on me. So obviously naraglow was a bad idea.

I went back to shopping from starbeautyworld and then during Christmas I received a call request from a number stating they would like to thank me personally for my patronage.

I told them it was okay for them to call and on 26th December, the owner of starbeautyworld called, her name is Chioma and wished me compliments of the season .

For some weird reason the call duration took longer because I was tring to sweet talk her to consider me for special discounts apart from the once in a blue moon sale they normally have. That was when she mentioned that I was already part of the exclusive buyer reserve(EBR) team and she won't be able to give more discounts.

I told her I wasn't aware of that and it was my first time of hearing it and she was like she is sure I was part of the team cos she was only reaching out personally to those who are in the EBR team .

I insisted I didn't understand what she meant and she went further to explain to me that I should check my inbox or spam folder for mail from them

Long story short, 3 weeks after the call , I stumbled on the mail while trying to register for CISCO certification and in my mind I was like oh this was the email this lady was talking about.

Followed the instructions in the email and on the site page I shocked to see that on October I automatically had an account created for me on the exclusive buyer reserve team and had 142,355 naira in the account.

At first I thought it was just points but then I decided to ask so made enquiries and I was told if I wanted to withdraw the money I could as long as it was above 25,000 naira or I could use it to purchase products on the website.

Still in doubt , I wanted to test if it was true or not, so I asked how I could withdraw it. I was told to fill in my bank information on my account , send an email request for withdrawal and the 3rd party company will fund it.

Without wasting much time I did and in 48 hrs I received a credit alert of exactly 142,355 naira.

Then I began to ask questions as to how I got the amount and found out that for each product I bought from the website consistently for 4 months that was worth 35,000 naira and above I had a share of 20%

The crazy part was i wasn't even buying these products for myself, hence it was obvious that this bonus was targeted at loyal customers.

Went home for short break and people who had not seen me for a while were admiring my skin glow, trust me this time around I did not hesitate to let them know that I sell products.

Long story short, I had nothing less than 50 people from school and home whom I was selling products with my own label to.

The bonus increased to 35% as a result of increase in my purchase from the website

While I was making profits selling to the big girls in school and my mum's friend and relatives at home , I was also getting bonuses .

Life was sweet!!!

Oh by this time I already dumped selling ingredients � , used some of the profit I made to pay someone to do my project.

By the time I was done with school , I was a big girl. Withdrew my first million ever in 6 months after the first and only withdrawal I had made intially. The exact amount was 1,805,045 naira.

Went for service a big girl paid to be posted to Lagos . Paid to be exempted from camp. Got more clients from CDS and just 2 months after service, I relocated to Canada.

Found out it was difficult for Nigerians here in Canada to get the right products for their skin , got more clients and as usual ordered from the website and have it shipped over to me.

Got a job in an IT firm here while still receiving bonuses from purchase from the website as side hustle without stress.

Then just before COVID happened I lost my job cos the company packed up. And to be honest with you I didn't really feel it cos my side hustle was more than enough to get me going, the only problem was I wasn't sending as much money back to Nigeria to my people cos the bonus from the website was my only means of survival which was way better than nothing and very much sustainable to start my hair business here in Canada.

Nice one... You are industrious

1 Like

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by rexchazy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Wow stress smart. God bless your hussle. You could have started your own production owing to your client base instead of going to canada

1 Like

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by Mide3367: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nice...

1 Like

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by egojeny1(f): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Nice one op. I'm so inspired by ur write up.
Thinking seriously of going into skincare soon.

1 Like

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2021
Marketing.All the same becareful before you send a PM. Black is beautiful with any glow
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by organicSkin: 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Thank you.
dawnomike:
Nice one... You are industrious
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by organicSkin: 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Check youtube for tutorials, specialize in one thing and be very good at it. Black soap sells a lot in Canada here. I have registered for several training in Nigeria but get all the ingredients here is difficult and at the end of the day , finished product will not be effective cos of quality mixture of several ingredients
egojeny1:
Nice one op. I'm so inspired by ur write up.
Thinking seriously of going into skincare soon.
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by organicSkin: 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
I did while doing nysc but got a lot of bad reviews that discouraged me. Lost few new clients the others that have me second chance I sold the rebranded products to them.but I now specialize in black soap alone here
rexchazy:
Wow stress smart. God bless your hussle. You could have started your own production owing to your client base instead of going to canada
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by egojeny1(f): 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2021
organicSkin:
Check youtube for tutorials, specialize in one thing and be very good at it. Black soap sells a lot in Canada here. I have registered for several training in Nigeria but get all the ingredients here is difficult and at the end of the day , finished product will not be effective cos of quality mixture of several ingredients
Ok, thanks
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by Remitush: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
just started receiving mine too in october, i think the people that enjoy this benefit from starbeauty are very few cos i have been patronizing her via IG for a while now just not every month i like to buy kit that would last for at least 2-3 months. fastest route to getting signed up is to contact their support on whatsapp +2348111395213 for those who want to join the program
organicSkin:

Life was sweet!!!

Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by Shewun1234: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
Remitush:
just started receiving mine too in october, i think the people that enjoy this benefit from starbeauty are very few cos i have been patronizing her via IG for a while now just not every month i like to buy kit that would last for at least 2-3 months. fastest route to getting signed up is to contact their support on whatsapp +2348111395213 for those who want to join the program

Please What is their IG page?
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by Remitush: 11:44pm On May 07, 2021
Shewun1234:

Please What is their IG page?

@starbeautyworld
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by emmaxman(m): 1:23am On May 08, 2021
@Op
What is your rebrand name??
Re: How I Jokingly Made My First Million Without Putting Much Effort by hamlak(m): 4:25am On May 08, 2021
@organicSkin, I can supply you with high quality African Black Soap from Ghana. Hit me up on WhatsApp and let's chat.
+233 23 2064374

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Ceo Of Nigeria’s Most Technologically Advanced Road Transport Company / Distributor Of Kings Oil. / AIM Global Has Launched Economy Designer 3.0 - Another New Compensation Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.