Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base (28666 Views)

Sanwoolu Calls Passengers, Excited As Lagos Blue rail Starts Operation / Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica / Dana Air Emerges Nigerian Airline Of The Year, Partners Zowasel For Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by EdiskyHarry: 6:21am On Jan 22, 2021
Nice one.
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by DesChyko: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2021
If severe pains were in words..
No matter how the oratory begins..you can be sure of how it ends.

RichDad1:

This keep them down policy was masterminded by the very party you lot supported with your lives- PDP
While the party (APC) you love to hate so much is giving the enablement to make this possible.

RichDad1:

You’re right.
Kano and Kaduna are also more popular than Enugu.

RichDad1:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Let it rival Kano and Kano first.
Loud mouthed chest beater.
I’ve been saying this for long, if Lagos or Abuja is an Indigenous Igbo cities, other tribes would have been made to kowtow before them.

RichDad1:

So that drug peddling can be easier for you and your ilks?
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Sanchez01: 6:28am On Jan 22, 2021
RichDad1:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Let it rival Kano and Kano first.
Loud mouthed chest beater.
I’ve been saying this for long, if Lagos or Abuja is an Indigenous Igbo cities, other tribes would have been made to kowtow before them.

Sincere apologies to all the level headed Igbo men and women. But not these condescending narcissists that filled the cyber space with their useless comments on a daily basis.
Well, I think they would have gotten used to the idea that they are super relevant and needed more than they need others.

I think the mindset they have now is inferiority complex; the need to measure up to places and states they wish theirs were. It is a messed up sh¡tshow — the need to brag endlessly and measure strength with economic powerhouses when there is a slight fresh air.

8 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Gbagura: 6:29am On Jan 22, 2021
What PDP couldn't do, APC is already doing it. If they like all flights should have bse in Enugu it won't still be as busy as Lagos, Abuja, Kano, ph airports.

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Chekwume16(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugu serves a lot of south eastern states with huge business men that are always on the move. Its not the same with kano and pH that serve essentially their locality.
Enugupikin:

Even kano and pH would still be busier than Enugu Airport, I have lived in those places, sentiments apart. Kano and pH by far has more business inflow and outflow than Enugu

4 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by olapeju39759: 6:42am On Jan 22, 2021
What PDP couldn't do, APC is already doing it. If they like all flights should have bse in Enugu it won't still be as busy as Lagos, Abuja, Kano, ph airports.
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Leemekzy: 6:59am On Jan 22, 2021
OfficialAwol:

If not for the policy of "keep them down" that has been perpetrated by successive govt over the years against the Southeast, only Lagos and Abuja airport would be busier than Enugu airport.

In fact if international flight is allowed to flow, Enugu international airport will rival Lagos and Abuja.
Ethopian airline fly direct to ENUGU.

2 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Sanchez01:

We all know Enugu is crazy dry when it comes to investment and business inflow and activities at the airport is insanely dry. Myself and 6 other persons were once the only passengers who flew from Lagos to Enugu one fine Wednesday morning. It is so funny that the plane looked like a BRT bus taking its last set of passengers to their respective bus stops.

Port Harcourt is busier than Enugu could ever dream of.

How you can conveniently claim Enugu, the same Enugu Airport that I know will rival Lagos Airport and Abuja Airport is unbelievable.

When you all wants to take pictures of how beautiful Enugu is, you start and end with Rangers Avenue, the same Rangers that is joggable within 20 minutes. You leave out Gariki, Agbani Road, Enugu East, Nkanu West, etc in general because they are underdeveloped.

Enough with the Enugu hype. The likes of Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt are light years ahead of the Akanu Ibiam 'International' Airport when it comes to activities. Include Akwa Ibom's and Aminu Kano.

The Industrial Layout is dry as hell. Nothing happens there. The businesses that have managed to stay afloat over the years all look like they are at their last phase of fizzing. The Federal Government won't bring investments. If investors find Enugu worthy, I believe they will come in but no, you will hardly see any. It is not the fault of Gburugburu but the victim mentality again.

It is too early in the year to beat one harmattan chest.

Such hatred in u will burn u if u don't change

3 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Ezidimma(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2021
Having many Airlines operating at the Airport is good but the most important thing is that competitions paves way for the MASSES friendly fares

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Okoroawusa: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

Even kano and pH would still be busier than Enugu Airport, I have lived in those places, sentiments apart. Kano and pH by far has more business inflow and outflow than Enugu

Spot on. No sentiment!
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Nigercity: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Nigercity: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by odogwunaija(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Henceforth I'll be landing in enugu whenever I'm flying in to 9ja. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Rossintii: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2021
When I tell some of my friends and business associates in Africa and the Caribbean that we have several privately-owned airlines in Nigeria, they're amazed.

Then they ask if they're owned by whites, and I say Nope! Pure black Nigerians.

They're stunned! It's virtually unheard of in other black countries for one man to own an airline.

For them, it's either the govt sets up an airline, or they do without.

Nigeria is a great country. Real Giant of Africa.

6 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by georgeakins: 7:57am On Jan 22, 2021
The only airplane I can fly within Nigeria is Arik, otherwise, I will prefer to move by road. Those guys are really trying in terms of safety standards

3 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by AmazingELixir: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Sanchez01:

We all know Enugu is crazy dry when it comes to investment and business inflow and activities at the airport is insanely dry. Myself and 6 other persons were once the only passengers who flew from Lagos to Enugu one fine Wednesday morning. It is so funny that the plane looked like a BRT bus taking its last set of passengers to their respective bus stops.

How you can conveniently claim Enugu, the same Enugu Airport that I know will rival Lagos Airport and Abuja Airport is unbelievable.

When you all wants to take pictures of how beautiful Enugu is, you start and end with Rangers Avenue, the same Rangers that is joggable within 20 minutes. You leave out Gariki, Agbani Road, Enugu East, Nkanu West, etc in general because they are underdeveloped.

Enough with the Enugu hype. The likes of Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt are light years ahead of the Akanu Ibiam 'International' Airport when it comes to activities. Include Akwa Ibom's and Aminu Kano.

The Industrial Layout is dry as hell. Nothing happens there. The businesses that have managed to stay afloat over the years all look like they are at their last phase of fizzing. The Federal Government won't bring investments. If investors find Enugu worthy, I believe they will come in but no, you will hardly see any. It is not the fault of Gburugburu but the victim mentality again.

grin grin grin

Paddy man take it easy with him naa ....can't a brother joke with you in peace.

2 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by walozanga(m): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2021
Sanchez01:

look at what you are doing to your head.

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2021
vanbonattel:
This airport is fast becoming one of the busiest airport in the country.

Which airport?

Akanu Ibiam Airport where they don't switch on the generator until 6am... undecided
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by muykem: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2021
OfficialAwol:

If not for the policy of "keep them down" that has been perpetrated by successive govt over the years against the Southeast, only Lagos and Abuja airport would be busier than Enugu airport.

In fact if international flight is allowed to flow, Enugu international airport will rival Lagos and Abuja.
This your post suggested that you are now agree with Buhari that he is for everybody and for nobody as against successive governments.
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Primase: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2021
vanbonattel:

They will never allow such grin some people's ego will take a serious beating.

Only people with low self esteem are afraid of people's ego.

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Depressed101: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2021
vanbonattel:
This airport is fast becoming one of the busiest airport in the country.
this statement can not be truer

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Basher8583: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2021
OfficialAwol:

So who are you to thank now?
Say it.. Don't be shy

2 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Depressed101: 8:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

have you been to the airport? Say what you know... That a place has more business doesn't mean they fly more often

2 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Primase: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2021
Sanchez01:

You can lie for Africa. No airline would carry only 2 passengers. They would rather cancel the flight.

Why you deh lie like this?

3 Likes

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Enugupikin: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2021
Depressed101:
have you been to the airport? Say what you know... That a place has more business doesn't mean they fly more often
Church rat like you shouldn't be talking when you have not seen what to eat, I have well made use of those airports but I'm 100% sure you've never seen a plane in your life
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Solatium(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2021
OfficialAwol:

Enugu will rival Lagos and Abuja on international flight?
which Kain Tombo you dey drink?
Lagos is a country on its own,Abuja is the power house of West Africa (Diplomatic and Political base)
Enugu is not even a tourist or a business hub.
Port Harcourt and Kano even command more traffic,so how enugu wan take rival those places?

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Sanchez01: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2021
AmazingELixir:

grin grin grin

Paddy man take it easy with him naa ....can't a brother joke with you in peace.
Sincerely, some jokes are getting too expensive for social media. I am an Ajala by default and the hypes are reviews to me until it isn't when I'm confronted with stark realities. I lived in the state for 4 years and I knew how underdeveloped the state is. I lived in the local government where they have the only cinema, which came around just roughly two years ago. Before then, I would go to Owerri with friends, spend the night in a hotel just because we want to see movies. Yet, the following week, you will see Nairaland flooded with how Enugu is the most developed state in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, these unnecessary PRs encourage governors to be lazy and not work because the necessary propaganda needed to loot is being peddled by those who feel our state must not be disgraced.

It's insane.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by Sanchez01: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Primase:

You can lie for Africa. No airline would carry only 2 passengers. They would rather cancel the flight.

Why you deh lie like this?
7 passengers, including myself, flew Air Peace from Lagos to Enugu that Wednesday evening. I mentioned morning in my earlier post. Never mentioned 2 and I don't understand where you got your 2 from.

1 Like

Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by end1999constitu(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2021
Nairaland had made me to understand that Nigeria is not a peaceful united entity

....everyone is too tribalistical and ethnicitical

Some are already kicking each other because of this little establishment
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by COMPAQ(m): 9:23am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

Are you minding him!! too many Nigerians think with what's between their legs, instead of what's in their head!
Re: United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base by saggis: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Sanchez01:

I sense a deep rooted jealousy. What is your grouse with Enugu?. Tell us where you come from so that we can check if it is more developed than Agbani Rd, Enugu East and Nkanu West.
You are entitled to your opinion and your experience. I once had to sit in the cockpit, behind the co-pilot on a flight to Enugu because the plane was full. When did you start flying? Do you have any understanding of the economics of Air travel business. There was once a thread here where one guy posted a picture of himself being the ONLY passenger on an international flight from Europe to Nigeria. A bush man like you should stick to what you know and not open your filthy mouth to comment on things simply because you are jealous of what you refer to as the "Enugu Hype".

Stay away from Enugu then or better still go and Hype your own village. If not for marginalisation, Enugu as a hub will and can easily compete with Lagos. I know a lot of people who fly from US and Europe to PH for the simple reason that their aircraft is not allowed to land at Enugu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About The Lagos Red And Blueline Metro / Jewish Man Covers Himself In Plastic Bag During Flight / Tragic Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Leaves 11 People Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.