Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (34653 Views)

Massive Turnout As Atiku Lands In Minna Niger State (Pictures) / Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos / Massive Crowd Turnout As Omoyele Sowore Campaign At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by VictorUSA(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
hibeebeeking:
some people are just jealous of Tinubu achievement
sometimes people reason as if they are thinking with their anus.How can I jealouse a death peason?
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by smallsmall: 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
Low turn-out, a bad omen.

All these Politicians and Praise-Singers like the Yoruba Summit Organisation are bunch of Criminals!
I am ashamed that that Tinubu, someone l respect for his Political strategies, cannot read the Hand-Writing on the Wall and he is allowing Praise-Singers to lead him to a Public, National disgrace.

That you are loved and respected, does not mean you will be President, make a good President or deserve to be President.
At times, it is better to be a King -maker and be revered, than to attempt to be the King and be rubbished.
Tinubu should know better, because he is smart but l guess "blind ambition" makes smart people foolish!

In a free and fair election TODAY, Tinubu cant even win Lagos State, how much more a National election but he is still respect, as a Powerful Politician so his best bet is to sit-back and help put forward a formidable Yoruba person (V.P Osinbajo is first choice, former Governor Fashola is second Choice), to vie for Presidency.
I am also one of the 'foolish' people that worked tirelessly to ensure that Buhari became President, not just Tinubu alone (but we all can see that it was the greatest mistake of our life) but that does not now mean he is entitled to becoming the President.

Yes, the Presidency Ticket of APC will come to the South West (never mind all those greedy opportunist who like to reap where they did not sow, those ones will fall flat on their face in APC, they better go and struggle for the PDP ticket, which is where they voted and supported, till a few weeks ago!) but Tinubu should forget about being the ticket bearer because that is as good as a lost opportunity.

Tinubu does not have a National Acceptance, not even in Lagos State where he only holds sway, using Thugs, Violence and his looted funds.

Jagaban should do himself a favor, he should for the first time, put the interest of the Yoruba nation FIRST, above his own selfish interest and inordinate ambition, so that he can remain the respected enigma that people see him as.
Once he tries to force himself on the APC Ticket and looses the election (which l can bet with anything that he will lose, especially in the South East and North... some South West may vote for him, based on "Na We-We tribalism" but even that number is waning), he will be completely demystified and confined to the dustbin of obscurity, nationally and in the South West.

It is better to let people think you are strong, than to expose your own weakness, in an attempt to prove you are strong.
Tinubu can remain very relevant, just like the likes of Abba Kyari who was De-Facto President or Marman Daura, under this Buhari, if he supports a qualified Yoruba Son, than to insist it must be him.

I admire some of Tinubu's qualities but as President? a Big No-No.
Meanwhile, Tinubu is entitled to contest any post though, as a Nigerian and a South Westerner.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by membranus: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinubu is not our choice in 2023.

It is Peter Obi,

or probably Osinbajo.

But Peter Obi is the best hope for the country.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by smallsmall: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... If the South West continues to antagonize the North, we will not support their son. That's the truth.

God bless Nigeria.

Who has the North ever supported?
You are just proving beyond doubt, that you are a selfish, greedy and UNRELIABLE LOT who care only about POWER!

When the SW supported a failed Buhari, to become the President and get re-elected, Urchins like you did not say the SW was antagonising the North but now that it is your time to reciprocate the same Support the SW gave you, you are trying to find EXCUSES not to do so.
What does that say of Northerners like you?

I dont blame Northerners like you sha, if the Igbos can be strategic and think long term, together with the SW, they can end this Northern nonsense but short-sightedness, Ego and instant gratification (no pun intended) wont allow the SE to think beyond 2023.

The SW have at least PROVED beyond all doubts, that they can make agreements and they will stick to any agreement they make.
That is a race blessed with integrity.

Can the North give an example of when they have "made and kept" a Political agreement with other regions?
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by bluecircle470: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
uncleck:
I wonder why any sane human being will want the likes of Tinubu and Atiku to become president in a country of over 200,000,000 people.

Your roof is still my concern. Check my signature

Nah orji criminal make we come vote for?
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by smallsmall: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
membranus:
Tinubu is not our choice in 2023.

It is Peter Obi,

or probably Osinbajo.

But Peter Obi is the best hope for the country.

Well, tell Atiku to allow him get the PDP Ticket first, after that, Vote for him. grin grin grin

I recall that Indigbos rather voted for Atiku (after collecting his Dollars!) than vote for a Kingsley Moghalu, who is by far superior to any other Candidate from the South East.

What does that tell us? undecided
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by omosuper(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
If power must come down to the South, it should be South East but I will prefer a reasonable person from the middle belt.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by omoharry(f): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... If the South West continues to antagonize the North, we will not support their son. That's the truth.

God bless Nigeria.
Agonize which North ?Do you mean your Fulani evil sucking bastard kinsmen ,that are every where kidnaping ,raping ,maiming & killing at will ?if that is the sacrifice the South have to make, then so be it .we will not sacrifice our land for your evil killing machine kin .
The middle belt are with the south ..You guys in the core North can keep ur your vote if you wish
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by favor914: 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
like him or not Tinubu is our incoming president come2023
Joke of the Decade, no way a Muslim from the south can rule Nigeria. The President from the south is the exclusive purview of the Southern Christians, & with that been said Tinubu is actually routing for Osinbajo. But Bakare seems to like his chances.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
He remains the only Yoruba man who worked tirelessly for the emergence of Buhari.

Is this supposed to be a complement
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Brushstrokes20: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
VictorUSA:
I don't think i'll ever vote in nigeria
Awesome decision youve taken!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Oracleforce: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
salbis:
Tinubu is our next President. grin grin grin

President of dirty teeth association or president of Agbero association....

I'm a Yorba man, but.i will campaign against Tinubu....he is not the kind of political leader we need at this point in our country...

I will launch a Coalition against Tinubu presidency candidature...
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Emenikec219(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Emenikec219(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
Biafra only solution to Nigeria problem like it or not
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Emenikec219(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
Incoming president indeed who told you that Nigeria will still exist by 2023 ?
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
uncleck:
I wonder why any sane human being will want the likes of Tinubu and Atiku to become president in a country of over 200,000,000 people.

Your roof is still my concern. Check my signature

The same mistake we made in 2015.

You guys condemned Tinubu and Atiku yet you did not present any other candidate or campaign for one.

It’s not about complaining it’s about doing the right thing.

By now, we should have been seeing names of better candidate.

For me, I’ll prefer Osinbajo/Zulum

Mind you, every Nigerians is entitled to contest, if u meet up with requirements
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by orisa37: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
AKEREDOLU/ZULUM FOR 2023.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by omoharry(f): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
fidtopade:
Please, let us support Prof. Yemi Osinbajo for president, come 2023. Nigeria will be better again.
I am quite sympathetic toward the East, becos they have not ruled Nigeria since 1999.
However, what we need is a good leader from any region in the south ..It could be Peter Obi, from the South East or any eligible candidate,Osinbanjo &Femi Adeshina from the South west and any credible candidate from the south ..They should all be given an equal platform to contest for this position .
They must also tell us how they intend to lead this nation out of the ashes that the we have sang into .He must also be willing and ready to restructure Nigeria without fear or favour .

Funny enough, I thought by now, the EndSARS organizers ought to have started converging online ,seizing this oppurtunity to start looking for ways the youth can be harnessed & brought under one umbrella to debate on how we can make our voice known by our united vote .
The youth have the numbers .If only they could speak with one voice, it would make a big difference .If we could take away tribali/religious sentiment out of the equation and present fact as to why a candidate should or should not be voted, then it will threaten the court of the old hags, who think that they are the alpha and omega when it comes to electing candidate into power.If only we could unite.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by emonis88: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
like him or not Tinubu is our incoming president come2023
if we check well this guy is a tout dat had gained alot from d jagaban. Nigerians becareful who u vote. d jagaban il only give Nigeria over to his touts who il keep making money n enriching themselves to d detriment of d people. like in lagos it is suffering n smiling. a tout has more say than a proffessor , lawyer, doctor, engineer in lagos . even d police cant do anything to them. d young ones want to be touts now cause d jagaban has enriched these touts while gaining in his own selfish way.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Headachetoigboh(f): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
sai Jagaban 2023

I laugh in swahili.
This one that will die 2022? let me go prepare for his departure next year.His time on earth is up. cry me a river
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by 9jakool: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
[s]like him or not Tinubu is our incoming president come2023[/s]

Wow, I couldn't digest the trash you wrote. I can't believe there are people who seriously think Tinubu is the leader that's going to turn things around in Nigeria? Why are you so invested in electing a dinosaur into office?

If Tinubu gets elected, then expect 4 more years of boko haram, unstable electricity and more corruption.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Seun360(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
hibeebeeking:
some people are just jealous of Tinubu achievement

Am Yoruba, Tinubu is only after his personal gains and not for the interest of Yoruba nation.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by handiriwamadi(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
ChelseaArmy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-low-turnout-as-yoruba-summit-pushes-for-tinubu-presidency
Nigerians knew the role tinubu played to enthroned buhari in 2015. through lies and propaganda, they are not happy with him. South West region alone can't make tinubu president. he needs to tender an apology to Nigerians for deceiving them to vote for buhari.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by zakkxx: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
please forget Tinubu he can never rule Nigeria. give us Osinbajo. simple political calculation= Tinubu is a Muslim and his Deputy from the North Muslim. That political calculation is zero. Muslim-Muslim ticket will not work. Let Him Go and change to Christian and run he will. ( after all the speaker disgracefully change from Christian to Muslim) no Muslim Yoruba man can win the presidential election in Nigeria because the north will not allow Christian minority to be given Vp slot. I wish is it possible. this is the hard fact.
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by zakkxx: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
I prefer Buhari to get the third term than for Tinubu to continue. the same man that kill people in toll gate, he pocket Lagos like personal property
Oyinlomobambam:

The same mistake we made in 2015.

You guys condemned Tinubu and Atiku yet you did not present any other candidate or campaign for one.

It’s not about complaining it’s about doing the right thing.

By now, we should have been seeing names of better candidate.

For me, I’ll prefer Osinbajo/Zulum

Mind you, every Nigerians is entitled to contest, if u meet up with requirements
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by samdunzo: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinubu cannot see the writing on the wall.... SW support for APC is getting smaller and smaller by the day, especially with the increase of herdsmen activities in the region. In fact, I predict that APC may not even get 45% votes in the region come 2023
Re: 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
zakkxx:
I prefer Buhari to get the third term than for Tinubu to continue. the same man that kill people in toll gate, he pocket Lagos like personal property

Bros, I don’t like him either.

Tho, I like his style of politics but not as president.

But don’t let us be blind to reality.
Tinubu cannot Oder police not to talk of army to open fire at lekki,

It’s the federal government work but might have the hand of Lagos governor too

Please count Tinubu out, he doesn’t have that power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vote Buying: Jonathan "Oshiomhole Suffering From Multiple Personality Syndrome" / Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Orji Uzor Kalu Cassava Farm In Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.