Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) (893 Views)

I Need Some Articles ASAP! / Best Hard Copy Publishing Offer In Nigeria / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by HOLYSEE(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dear...............,
my name is Ginevra Grasso and I am an Editor for Europe Books. The Evaluation Committee of which I am a member read your book ‘‘************’’, and I am glad to tell you that we would love including you amongst our authors.
With regard to this, I would like to tell you what most impressed me in your work:

I loved your book, it really surprised me, actually, from a literary and thematical point of view. This is obviously a fiction book, cause the story is a work of fiction; however, on the background it is easy to define a real historical and political context of your country, Nigeria, if I got it right. And that’s surprising for a writer your age. You’re young and yet, you could create a very captivating plot, combining fiction with history and filling it up with mysteries, actions, wars, brave characters.
My favourite is Major Brown, by the way, of course (I think he’s everybody’s favourite character, isn’t he?). He’s the greatest victim and the greatest hero at the same time, ready for a brand new war. Because this is only the first book, right?

From a literary point of view, I also loved your writing style. Despite the length of the book, because the story is complex and full of events and new characters in every chapter, the reading can flow quickly. The language is always easy, modern and accessible by any kind of readers; the sentences are short and direct, the syntaxis is good. There are some grammar errors now and then, but we can fix it during the revisional process. One thing, which is obvious enough, but I’d like to clarify: in case of a publication, we’ll print it black font on white page, we can’t consider this blue and white layout because the cover price of the book would raise too much and it would be hard to sell it, above all if this is your first publication and you’re an emerging author.

Now, let me also tell you a little bit more about our story.
As you know, our Group has offices in several European countries, among which the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy. In particular, English-language books are distributed by Vine House Distribution ltd for a total of more than 40.000 stores across Italy and Europe, including the well-known WaterStones and WhSmith bookstore chains.
Our editorial plan includes both international bestsellers and books by emerging writers from all over the world, which we meticulously select.
In case you decide to accept our proposal, we will promote your book on television, at the main international book fairs, through our press office and many initiatives that are specified in our publishing contract.

Moreover, by clicking on the link below, you will access a conspectus of the editorial plan that we designed for you. Please take your time to read it carefully.
For a more efficient browsing, I would suggest you to click on the link when using a computer, rather than a smartphone or a tablet. I would also like to invite you to read the page thoroughly, for you will find two sections dedicated to your book. One focuses on the editorial plan; the other, on the publishing contract. You will also find more information about the Publishing House.

Here is the link: deleted

For transparency, I would like to point out that, in compliance with the publishing contract, the Author is compelled to buy a prearranged number of copies from the Publishing House. This will allow us to better promote your work through all our channels. In case your book sells more than 500 copies, we will refund you the sum that you will have paid for the purchase of your copies.

If you are interested, I'll be glad to schedule a date and time in case you'd like to talk further about it and to give you the reasons which led us to choose your book to enter our catalog. I want to tell you that it was a pleasure reading your work and I would really like to deepen its contents together. We can schedule a call; I am available on Skype, Zoom and Whatsapp, too.
I look forward to hearing back from you to hopefully discuss and start our project.

Best Regards,
Ginevra Grasso
--
Ginevra Grasso
EUROPE BOOKS
www.europebooks.co.uk
+44 7786 342462
evaluation@europebooks.co.uk

NOW MY HEADACHE
I am to buy 200 copies..... costing around 3700GBP, around 2 million Naira cry Please I need serious counsel or partnership....And has anyone dealt with them before now.
Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by Ynix(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tell them you don't have the money, by the way you don't have to sell it via publishers when amazon and some others can do that for you for free. I can support you in marketing. They are trying to make money off your head. Chat me up let us roll. [url]/2348089456258[/url]
Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by HOLYSEE(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ynix:
Tell them you don't have the money, by the way you don't have to sell it via publishers when amazon and some others can do that for you for free. I can support you in marketing. They are trying to make money off your head. Chat me up let us roll. [url]/2348089456258[/url]

Alright,
I do appreciate your gesture....I will reach out
Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by Ynix(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
HOLYSEE:

Dear...............,
my name is Ginevra Grasso and I am an Editor for Europe Books. The Evaluation Committee of which I am a member read your book ‘‘************’’, and I am glad to tell you that we would love including you amongst our authors.
With regard to this, I would like to tell you what most impressed me in your work:

I loved your book, it really surprised me, actually, from a literary and thematical point of view. This is obviously a fiction book, cause the story is a work of fiction; however, on the background it is easy to define a real historical and political context of your country, Nigeria, if I got it right. And that’s surprising for a writer your age. You’re young and yet, you could create a very captivating plot, combining fiction with history and filling it up with mysteries, actions, wars, brave characters.
My favourite is Major Brown, by the way, of course (I think he’s everybody’s favourite character, isn’t he?). He’s the greatest victim and the greatest hero at the same time, ready for a brand new war. Because this is only the first book, right?

From a literary point of view, I also loved your writing style. Despite the length of the book, because the story is complex and full of events and new characters in every chapter, the reading can flow quickly. The language is always easy, modern and accessible by any kind of readers; the sentences are short and direct, the syntaxis is good. There are some grammar errors now and then, but we can fix it during the revisional process. One thing, which is obvious enough, but I’d like to clarify: in case of a publication, we’ll print it black font on white page, we can’t consider this blue and white layout because the cover price of the book would raise too much and it would be hard to sell it, above all if this is your first publication and you’re an emerging author.

Now, let me also tell you a little bit more about our story.
As you know, our Group has offices in several European countries, among which the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy. In particular, English-language books are distributed by Vine House Distribution ltd for a total of more than 40.000 stores across Italy and Europe, including the well-known WaterStones and WhSmith bookstore chains.
Our editorial plan includes both international bestsellers and books by emerging writers from all over the world, which we meticulously select.
In case you decide to accept our proposal, we will promote your book on television, at the main international book fairs, through our press office and many initiatives that are specified in our publishing contract.

Moreover, by clicking on the link below, you will access a conspectus of the editorial plan that we designed for you. Please take your time to read it carefully.
For a more efficient browsing, I would suggest you to click on the link when using a computer, rather than a smartphone or a tablet. I would also like to invite you to read the page thoroughly, for you will find two sections dedicated to your book. One focuses on the editorial plan; the other, on the publishing contract. You will also find more information about the Publishing House.

Here is the link: deleted

For transparency, I would like to point out that, in compliance with the publishing contract, the Author is compelled to buy a prearranged number of copies from the Publishing House. This will allow us to better promote your work through all our channels. In case your book sells more than 500 copies, we will refund you the sum that you will have paid for the purchase of your copies.

If you are interested, I'll be glad to schedule a date and time in case you'd like to talk further about it and to give you the reasons which led us to choose your book to enter our catalog. I want to tell you that it was a pleasure reading your work and I would really like to deepen its contents together. We can schedule a call; I am available on Skype, Zoom and Whatsapp, too.
I look forward to hearing back from you to hopefully discuss and start our project.

Best Regards,
Ginevra Grasso
--
Ginevra Grasso
EUROPE BOOKS
www.europebooks.co.uk
+44 7786 342462
evaluation@europebooks.co.uk

NOW MY HEADACHE
I am to buy 200 copies..... costing around 3700GBP, around 2 million Naira cry Please I need serious counsel or partnership....And has anyone dealt with them before now.
About your book, let's chat on alternatives

1 Like

Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by HOLYSEE(m): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ynix:

About your book, let's chat on alternatives

You're welcome to do that
Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by Chinnems(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
It could be a fraudulent offer.

Apply caution.
Re: Europe Books Publishing Offer (i Need Some Explanation) by HOLYSEE(m): 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Chinnems:
It could be a fraudulent offer.

Apply caution.

I couldn't agree less

(1) (Reply)

Best Seller's E-novel For Sale / Good Magazines / Read The Heartbreaking Story Of The Chinese At Nanking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.