Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Can Man Do To Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can Man Do To Be Saved? (258 Views)

Can Man Advise God And Make Him Change His Mind? / How Can Man Be Sinless? / Bishop Oyedepo: "Adeboye Saved Me From Spiritual Attack On My Private Jet" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by Preciousgirl(f): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
John 6:65-66

[65]And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

[66]From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by livingchrist: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
A man cant do anything to be saved but believe on Jesus the son of God.
By the blood of Jesus the man is cleansed from his sin, made righteous and have eternal life.
Then can he confess that Jesus is the Christ raised by God the father to give anyone who come to him eternal life.
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by Preciousgirl(f): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
livingchrist:
A man cant do anything to be saved but believe on Jesus the son of God.
By the blood of Jesus the man is cleansed from his sin, made righteous and have eternal life.
Then can he confess that Jesus is the Christ raised by God the father to give anyone who come to him eternal life.

Acts 13:48
Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

A man can't believe if he has not been appointed to eternal life
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by livingchrist: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
Preciousgirl:

Acts 13:48
Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

A man can't believe if he has not been appointed to eternal life
God's appointment is according to his foreknowledge.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by sonmvayina(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
He can get a good job so that he can save himself and his family from hunger. And send them to a good school so they can learn to think not be like you that has an imaginary friend and enemy..
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
livingchrist:
God's appointment is according to his foreknowledge.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Going by the bolded, then salvation is by works Wich contradicts Ephesians 2:8

If u claim God has saved U because God foresaw YOUR GOOD Works before you were born, then it means U earned your salvation by works. Remember, by works no man will be Justified. God chooses whom to save; man does nothing to merit this.
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by livingchrist: 7:50am On Jan 23, 2021
You hardly comprehend a thing

Preciousgirl:

Going by the bolded, then salvation is by works Wich contradicts Ephesians 2:8

If u claim God has saved U because God foresaw YOUR GOOD Works before you were born, then it means U earned your salvation by works. Remember, by works no man will be Justified. God chooses whom to save; man does nothing to merit this.

where did I mention good works are needed for salvation?
You said God predestinates, and I agreed but only that his predestination is according to his foreknowledge as you can see in Romans.
By the way, John 3vv16 states that God sent Jesus to die for the whole world and who ever believes in Jesus should not perish but have everlasting life.
The Door of salvation is open to all mankind, there is no restriction.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2021
Like a person drowning, it starts with asking.

Like a person being considered for pardon, there should be good grounds for his release.

And of it utmost consideration is the consideration whether such an offender shall return to his Offences and this is where the place of works not just good works alone but all your works.

For Robbers, Rapists, Thieves, Killers, Blasphemers do good works too, so there is no difference between you and them.

Thus, all your works should be good so that the Judge can see that you indeed understand and Consent to The Law on The Doing Good and Committing No Offence.

That is why the Bible Always Continously Insist on our Doing that which is Right and Good,
Re: What Can Man Do To Be Saved? by sonmvayina(m): 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
Preciousgirl:

John 6:65-66

[65]And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

[66]From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

"And God said "let us make man in our own image after our likeness, let them have dominion over the beast in the feeds and the ......

And God fashioned man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul...

So man is made up of dust of the earth and the breath of God..The same word used for breath here is also used as spirit in psalm 104: 29-31...send forth your spirit and they are created and replenish the earth,take it and they die and return to earth.

So at death , the spirit returns to God. Since it is his property and the body back to earth from where it was taken..
So which of them is jesus saving?
When the prophet where speaking of salvation it is always from physical danger.

So what is jesus or believing in his death saving you from ?
God gave us laws to keep so that the spirit can have a good experience while dwelling in this vessel, you are saying the laws are no longer applicable, a law he said will last forever. You are blindly following those who want to deceive you into idolatry...

Continue...time never reach for you to get sense..

(1) (Reply)

. / A Timely Message To The Muslims / Numbers To Call In Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.