Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? (30486 Views)

I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? / Photo Of The Baby Named 'Lucifer' By His Parents / My Ex-Girlfriend Named Her Child All My Names Just Because She Loved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by H2ho(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by uniquetechng: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nice one
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by H2ho(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
So undecided
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dagger111(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2021
Which kind question be this, u no go ask d lawyer wey read am to ur ears?
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by femi4: 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
How many people have properties in today's Nigeria.

Some parents are never independent
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by IgboWarlord(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
Goalnaldo:
What about me that is heir to a fortune of $40m. What should I do? undecided

Give it all to Charity like i did with my 40billion dollar fortune...
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
What is the fate of the step daughter whose father died intestate as the step mother takes charge of all necessary documents of the late man's property to prevent accountability? thanks
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Jimmy231: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
mekd:
What happens when their is no will
When theres a will there is a way and Vice versa
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by TrueChristians: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by ppogba: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations if you are named in a Will.

But remember, it is better to be in pursuit of a legacy than in pursuit of an inheritance.

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Ajibade123(m): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
nice write up more of this
Say no to being broke this year let me show you how you can make money with your mobile phone. Check my signature for my WhatsApp contact
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Mitsurugi(m): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:
I was named in a will: so what next?

First, congratulations you made it to the final 11. Now what next?

Take a cup of cold water, relax and be patient, it might take a while. There are some intricate process involved.

*1. After the will is read, if the will stated the executors, then the executor starts work. If there is no Will or the Will did not state an executor, then an application is made to the Court to assign an executor.

After the will his read, the executor or administrator will make an application for probate. Where an application for Grant of probate is made, the the registrar waits for some months for objections or caveats to be filed.

The executor is expected to prove the Will. This means that it's due execution must be proved, even if the witnesses to the making of the Will have to be called in other to satisfy the registrar that the Will contains proper attestion before admitting it to probate.

Where the registrar is satisfied that the will was duly executed and that the maker of the will made it with knowledge of its content, the registrar will grant probate.

*2. Collation of the Estate: This is the identification, collection, collation and valuation of the deceased's assets, management of all estate assets.

Only after all of these matters have been addressed can the Executor/Administrator proceed to distribute the remaining assets to beneficiaries. Depending on the size of the estate, this process can take months, or, in many cases, one or more years to complete.

*3. Settlement of all just debts, liabilities and payment of necessary estate tax.

*4. Then the estate and properties can now be distributed to those entitled to it in the will

The distribution of the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries might even be more delayed if the validity of the Will is contested.

Opatola Victor Esq.

A friend's father's lawyer lodged a will at Probate a week after the man died. What is the position of the law here!?
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
richmond500:
great.

we weh no come kuku get person weh go write our name for will, make we just save the page just in case I wan argue for palmwine joint then this writeup will be useful.

Lalasticlala
Realities
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by michoim(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:

Take a cup of cold water, relax and be patient, it might take a while. There are some intricate process involved.

*1. After the will is read, if the will stated the executors, then the executor starts work. If there is no Will or the Will did not state an executor, then an application is made to the Court to

The distribution of the estate of the deceased to the beneficiaries might even be more delayed if the validity of the Will is contested.

Opatola Victor Esq.
Nice one...
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by AerialMapper: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
A wise man once said, " where there is a will...my name must dey inside am"

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:

*1. After the will is read, if the will stated the executors, then the executor starts work. If there is no Will or the Will did not state an executor, then an application is made to the Court to assign an executor.

After the will his read, the executor or administrator will make an application for probate. Where an application for Grant of probate is made, the the registrar waits for some months for objections or caveats to be filed.

The executor is expected to prove the Will. This means that it's due execution must be proved, even if the witnesses to the making of the Will have to be called in other to satisfy the registrar that the Will contains proper attestion before admitting it to probate.

Where the registrar is satisfied that the will was duly executed and that the maker of the will made it with knowledge of its content, the registrar will grant probate.

*2. Collation of the Estate: This is the identification, collection, collation and valuation of the deceased's assets, management of all estate assets.

Only after all of these matters have been addressed can the Executor/Administrator proceed to distribute the remaining assets to beneficiaries. Depending on the size of the estate, this process can take months, or, in many cases, one or more years to complete.

*3. Settlement of all just debts, liabilities and payment of necessary estate tax.

*4. Then the estate and properties can now be distributed to those entitled to it in the will

Opatola Victor Esq.
What is the fate of the step daughter whose father died
intestate as the step mother takes charge of all necessary
documents of the late man's property to prevent
accountability? thanks
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Dollanaira: 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
Really
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Give it all to Charity like i did with my 40billion dollar fortune...
grin grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Whitecoal711: 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
Aall this for someone sweat
after all is vanity
all our struggle
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
Great
OpatolaEsq:

Opatola Victor Esq.
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Solexgzy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
OpatolaEsq:

Opatola Victor Esq.
hustle oooo
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by dripdomain: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
I don't even know what to reply but if you are reading this, I got something for you!

It's a book called "How Successful People Think"
I'll be giving the digital format for FREE!
Take your business to the NEXT LEVEL!

Hit the link and send "Hi" to get yours now:
https:///message/KUKJ4DDE7UUEP1
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
richmond500:
great.

we weh no come kuku get person weh go write our name for will, make we just save the page just in case I wan argue for palmwine joint then this writeup will be useful.

Lalasticlala

We gather dey grin
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by kiddkash(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
charge and bail dey find work
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Sufisunni: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Don't go
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by naijadrivablog: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
englishmart:
Hustle o, so that you no go dey depend on wills or next of kins

God bless you jare. Na lazy person de depend on will. That one no mean say if dem give you, you fit take.

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Chidex50(m): 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
GO AND START DRAGGING PROPERTIES WITH THEM.THAT'S WHAT NEXT!
Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
richmond500:
great.

Lalasticlala

Check your dad's file , he willed his farm land to you and that coconut tree that is at across the evil forest

1 Like

Re: I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? by letitrainnow(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Accept Him as your Saviour.

Tomorrow maybe too late.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Will You Respond To This As A Nigerian Mother? / Nigerian Man Living In South Africa Needs Help Reconnecting Back Home / Beware! Sunatu Bush Where Male Youths Rape Students (video Of Victims)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.