Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,644 members, 7,840,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! (1804 Views)

Sule Lamido: APC Now Evil Like PDP Was Accused Of In The Past / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun / Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election, Embarrassingly- Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by seanet02: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
In my own Polling booth at Adatan ward 03 in ABEOKUTA it was a complete run over by ACN. We have only 46 people who have casted their votes before the postponement. 41 went to ACN in House of Representatives, 3 to PDP, 2 to Labour Party while in the Senatorial it was not different as ACN tore PDP to pieces again with same margin. We insisted that INEC officials count the Ballot papers and we burnt it. They wanted to take it away but we know their games. Speaker Bankole can not win this Election.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by muami(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
9ijaMan:

By then, PDP would have been reduced to a South-South Party!

That would be brilliant! I wholeheartedly accept a PDP goverment only in the South South so that people like Gov Amaechi can continnue to use the oil wealth to develop the state. The CPC can have the north if they so wish and reenact the performance of both the NPN in the 2nd Republic and the ANPP. By the grace of God, we would be here in the next 8 years to discuss how many more almajiris they have added to the north.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by Nicklee(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2011
muami:

That would be brilliant! I wholeheartedly accept a PDP goverment only in the South South so that people like Gov Amaechi can continnue to use the oil wealth to develop the state. The CPC can have the north if they so wish and reenact the performance of both the NPN in the 2nd Republic and the ANPP. By the grace of God, we would be here in the next 8 years to discuss how many more almajiris they have added to the north.

This is why I don't respond to some posts. I dislike tribal, ethnic and regional discussions. I;m from the South-east (one of the oil producing areas by the way) and I'm supporting Buhari. For me, Nigeria is bigger than any one tribe and our conversations should also be well above these regional sentiments.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by muami(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2011
Nicklee:

Hey Muami, did you expect BON to use the same questions after they had become public knowledge? Give me a break. There is no way to know exactly if GEJ actually got advanced questions. The way the debate-turned address turned out, you'll think the 'new' questions were certainly put together in a hurry. Tell Muani, If other candidates were there at the debate how do you think they would have been able to respond to some of the questions that were obviously prepared for Jonathan?

When Saharareporters were bashing the Ya'radua kitchen cabinet and standing for Jonathan, they were the darling of everyone. Now it is junk journalism. I read Saharareporters once in a while and while some of the stuffs are not always exactly right, they are always within the neighborhood of the truth.

I agree with you that BON would not have used the same questions after they had become public knowledge. However, the fact remains that SR never did a rejoinder to apologise or explain why the questions where not the same ( which may include the point you just raised).A serious media house would have taken either options because not doing so would affect thier credibility.As for the bashing of Yar' adua, the last tiime I checked, he was a member of Pdp. SR is not just anti - GEJ, they are anti PDP. The attack on Yaradua was not because they love GEJ, it was an attack on PDP and yaradua was the leader then.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by muami(m): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
Nicklee:

This is why I don't respond to some posts. I dislike tribal, ethnic and regional discussions. I;m from the South-east (one of the oil producing areas by the way) and I'm supporting Buhari. For me, Nigeria is bigger than any one tribe and our conversations should also be well above these regional sentiments.

No one likes tribal, ethnic and regional politics. But unfortunately, the reality is that thats the politics stirred up by Ciroma and co, and taken up by CPC.I agree with you that some people support CPC outside of the North and also that PDP has some support in the nouth. But if truth be told, CPC is PREDOMINANTLY a northern party and MOST supporters of CPC in the north do so because they see it as a northern party.If we fail to confront the truth and deal with it, then our discussions would be merely comestic and we can rant and rant on NL on the ills in the country but we would not be able to arrive at a solution
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by appletango: 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2011
Why are people surprised at this? There is no way PDP is winning in the north.

What is of REAL interest to me however is how well ACN performed in the South West.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by Abagworo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
Any Nigerian supporting PDP must be a direct beneficiary of the corrupt system and is scared of things normalizing.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by appletango: 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^

Or tribalist. There are many out there voting for PDP because GEJ is christian and southern.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by Sasasamusa: 4:41am On Apr 04, 2011
GOD IS NOT SLEEPING. HIS EYES ARE WIDE OPEN, AND WATCHING OVER PDP CRIMINAL RIGGERS. GOVERNORS LIKE CULTIST AKPABIO OF AKWA IBOM AND HIS MASTER, GOOD LUCK, WILL SURELY BE EXPOSED WHILE RIGGING AS USUAL. AKPABIO ATTACKED ACN MEMBERS AT RALLY AT HIS VILLAGE, IKOT EKPENE. HE BANNED ACN FROM CAMPAIGNING THERE. WHAT CANNIBALISTIC BLOOD SUCKING ELECTION RIGGER. WE WILL SEE WHERE HE WILL STAY TO RIG, WITH HIS CABINET OF CO- DROP OUT CULTIST, WHO PATROL THE NOOKS AND CRANIES OF THE STATE IN NEW CARS LOOKING FOR OPPOSITION PARTIES TO FIGHT. GOD WILL JUDGE THE CULTIST SOON.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On Apr 04, 2011
muami:

.As for the bashing of Yar' adua, the last tiime I checked, he was a member of Pdp. SR is not just anti - GEJ, they are anti PDP. The attack on Yaradua was not because they love GEJ, it was an attack on PDP and yaradua was the leader then.

You accepted the anti PDP reporting of SR when it suited you and now paint them black when it didnt huh?

muami:

No one likes tribal, ethnic and regional politics. But unfortunately, the reality is that thats the politics stirred up by Ciroma and co, and taken up by CPC.I agree with you that some people support CPC outside of the North and also that PDP has some support in the nouth. But if truth be told, CPC is PREDOMINANTLY a northern party and MOST supporters of CPC in the north do so because they see it as a northern party.If we fail to confront the truth and deal with it, then our discussions would be merely comestic and we can rant and rant on NL on the ills in the country but we would not be able to arrive at a solution

ACN is predominantly a SW party, APGA is predominantly a SE party. Was it Ciroma that stirred up ACN and APGA to be tribal parties?
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by Knight1(m): 7:20am On Apr 04, 2011
Knight1:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS REPORT!!!!
IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

500 OUT OF 10,000
HABA!!!

I STAND BY MY INITIAL COMMENT. I AM NOT A PDP MEMBER BUT THERE IS NO WAY PDP WILL SCORE 500 OUT OF 10000 VOTES IN A SENATORIAL ELECTION!!!!!
AND THATS EXACTLY HOW SR PAINTED THE PICTURE!

AND THINK ABOUT IT, ELECTION WAS CANCELED BY 2:00PM, HOW COULD THAT NUMBER HAVE VOTED BY THAT TIME?
WAS THAT THE RESULT OF A SINGLE POLLING STATION?

PDP'LL LIKELY LOSE BIG TIME. BUT NOT BY A 9,500 MARGIN HALFWAY INTO THE ELECTION!!!!
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by muami(m): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2011
dayokanu:

You accepted the anti PDP reporting of SR when it suited you and now paint them black when it didnt huh?

ACN is predominantly a SW party, APGA is predominantly a SE party. Was it Ciroma that stirred up ACN and APGA to be tribal parties?

I suggest you open your dictionary and check the meaning of words you dont understand before responding to people's posts. You may want to start with the word "stir".
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by karlmax2: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2011
Buhara report oh sorry sahara reportis at it again the official reporters of Buhari and cpc I dey laugh for calaba language BB supporters keep dream wishing
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by midep: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2011
Beaf whr u dey ?? abi u don decamp ??
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by lyfe(m): 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
I can percieve that PDP is in fresh mess. I have not seen any serious atrocity PDP has comitted to deserve this from people, and I thought of 2 things.
1) Maybe it's because human being cannot be satisfied as an ecomomist will say Human needs are insatiable.
2) PDP has not done anything at all for the masses.

They will loose galantly in this election as it will be very tough for them to rig. The only people that'd vote for PDP are their direct beneficiaries and their kids, funny enough most of them are schooling and enjoying abroad now.
I was really suprised getting to the polling centre to hear stuffs from those who I consider to be illiterate talking about Akala, Jonathan and PDP. A snake even fell from the tree we were under and was eventually chased and killed the next thing people said was Akala sent the snake to see whats going on. The result so far has shown that PDP is grounded for life and may not raise its ugly head again. In polling stations near me ACN and Accord Party got most votes. An old man even walked up to a soldier and told him "Oga soja have come to vote PDP out I won't care if you soot me, see hen even if it rains I won't hide under the umbrella, I am old already"
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by 9ijaMan: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
lyfe:

I can percieve that PDP is in fresh mess. I have not seen any serious atrocity PDP has comitted to deserve this from people, and I thought of 2 things.
1) Maybe it's because human being cannot be satisfied as an ecomomist will say Human needs are insatiable.
2) PDP has not done anything at all for the masses.

They will loose galantly in this election as it will be very tough for them to rig. The only people that'd vote for PDP are their direct beneficiaries and their kids, funny enough most of them are schooling and enjoying abroad now.
I was really suprised getting to the polling centre to hear stuffs from those who I consider to be illiterate talking about Akala, Jonathan and PDP. A snake even fell from the tree we were under and was eventually chased and killed the next thing people said was Akala sent the snake to see whats going on. The result so far has shown that PDP is grounded for life and may not raise its ugly head again. In polling stations near me ACN and Accord Party got most votes. An old man even walked up to a soldier and told him "Oga soja have come to vote PDP out I won't care if you soot me, see hen even if it rains I won't hide under the umbrella, I am old already"

The change we clamor is finally coming! Lord, God count me amongst those who would witness good leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by maclatunji: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jega admitted that he could have held elections in Lagos and 7 other states on Saturday, April 2, 2011. I suspected that one of the strong reasons he was forced to cancel the whole election is that the opposition was going to be in the lead in the seat-count for the National Assembly.

The man needs some spine, let us give him that spine by letting him know that we the people are his true bosses, not those shady characters lurking around in the corridors of power. If he wants to fear anything, he should fear the wrath of the people if he fails to deliver credible elections.
Re: Pdp Was Losing Cancelled Parliamentary Election Embarrassingly! by somze(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
So INEC cancels election and announces results? Doesn't add up people. Another opposition propaganda in the making.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Husband’s Scrap Plane Causes Panic In Lagos / Female Police Officer Molested, Stripped Naked In Onitsha / Fayemi Sets History: Appoints Youngest Special Assistant In Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.