Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise (50104 Views)

4 Months Used Corolla @ 1.850k 07 Model At Berger / Buy Fully Duty Paid Cars At Pocket Friendly price At Berger Auto Market / My Muscle Camry Almost Got Impounded. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Born2Breed(f): 11:00am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

looking for a 5m vehicle with 4m is not being meticulous.

That does not negate the OP of being meticulous. It could be a distress sale.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2021
driving:

Old format. Secondly, you self greed wan kill you. You wanted to buy a 5.5m car at 3.7m. Greedy people get scammed easily.
You too follow dey into scam.So #3m na small money to you? Fraudster.

12 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by driving: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2021
comshots:
You too follow dey into scam.So #3m na small money to you? Fraudster.

No wonder you are picking N50 on the ground. grin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by naijadrivablog: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2021
Many of them full Abuja. I will tag as many I have almost dealt with

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Lewisdinho(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2021
If a woman scam you, 90
% of of 100 people will fall, If a man scam you 60% out of 100 people will fall, what will make that of a man to get up to 80 or 90% is if he uses
Jazz. But a woman will confidently scam and outsmart you if you're not pretty careful and smart too. I've seen this in so many foreign movies, they act with calmness, it will only take a man who is smart to out smart her of her technique. I bet you if the OP was a woman, she would have fall for it. It takes the grace of God to dodge a fraudulent bullet from a woman. Women don't use their sex organ alone to scam men, even their voice, looks, shape, height, smiles, her cooking skills, her tears, her innocent looks etc. So always be very careful when dealing with a woman when it relates with business. That's why most of the criminals uses women to fraud and trap their victims. If you're someone that always have a soft spot for women, you can easily be duped.
overdrive:
Women tooi always thought scamming was a man’s domain?

14 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by todayboy: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2021
Badabada:
If not that the system is not working, her bank details is enough to nail that fraudster. Sometimes I wonder why we register for al this so called BVN, NIMC AND NIN. Misplaced priorities. Congratulations @OP.Gods wisdom will not elude us this year.

Most times the owner of the account might not know maybe all those who do paga business or just their close friends or girlfriend account that they don't know about such.

That's why we should be careful who we give our account details

The lesson is never rush to make quick payment for anything

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by ableguy(m): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2021
That's why I always say watch it when a car is way beyond the market value
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by 080bjaked(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2021
Stockquality:
You mean you bought a stolen vehicle

Did you even read his story?

18 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Foolishbuhari: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

For what exactly? Attempted fraud? I am not supporting her , but I don't see your case going any where. You dodged a bullet, move on.

If the EFCC can arrest people and charge them to court for attempted fraud just for opening an account or email with a white man's name and conversing with someone then he has a case. "Intent to commit crime" is a crime if you can prove it.

Another thing is just to arrest the person using the Nigerian system and make her suffer. You and Police go open office for her head, finish her kpata kpata

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by baba4thegehs: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2021
The wickedness and evil that runs in the blood of some people is totally unimaginable!

Glad you didn't fell for the scam.

Lets be extra careful, if you have any doubts then trust me you're most likely right.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:
I test drove and I loved the car. She called me after the test drive and said do I like it. I said yes. So she sent me her account details as seen below

GT bnk
Name: Oshinubi Adeola oluwabumi

Her number: +234 808 679 8163

She said once I have paid I send my full name and address for receipt, also I must send proof of payment to her too. I said ok

Then I requested to see the man that own the car for real. I need to see him. He then came out, I told him all the conversations I have been having on phone and that she said she has spoken to you that I can pay 3.7m for this car. The man said no one spoke to him about any payment. That he was told on phone ife gave him to answer that I am just a mechanic. That once I have confirmed she will pay...she even went on to collect the man's (owner) account details

So the man said well. If you are chatting with this lady and you are the buyer. Call her on video call let's see her to confirm all. I then called her on video call, she declined and called me direct. The owner took the phone from me. And said I thought you said he is your mechanic. You are you asking him to send you 3.7m for a car worth 5.5m.

If you truly want to buy this car send us the balance now he will pay us the 3.7m here then he can go with the car. Then at this point the she ended the call and deleted her account details from the chat as seen in the image below. But I have already forwarded it out.

Are you a mechanic? Buying a car for a client is beyond just test driving. You need to be sure it is not accidented. You need to have a proper mechanic examine the engine performance and you need to check the underneath to examine the degree of rust/wear. A vehicle quality /value is beyond what you see on the surface.

That said, please be careful next time. I'd advise you report this incident to the police or at any army barracks close to you.

11 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by ozo13(m): 11:14am On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

Where would I have started from sir.
baba i happy for u ooo.what about the person that link u with the said lady.wat was his response.or he jis wanted his own percentage.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by alade26632: 11:15am On Jan 24, 2021
:looking for a 5m vehicle with 4m is not being meticulous. That does not negate the OP of being meticulous. It could be a distress sale.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by lekki1444: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2021
DWJOBScom:

The car was released to who
to chidinma undecided cry
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by syntekelite(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:
So it happened on the 22nd of January 2021.

I wanted to buy a Toyota camry 2013 for a client who already sent me some money to buy it at budget of 3.9m or 4m+ if seen. So I was in search of this car here and there. I checked all car platforms then I saw a red Camry 2012. I call the number (I had no true caller on my phone as at this time. We spoke briefly, said she will get back.

A woman later reached out to me saying we just spoke concerning the camry, that one has been sold. But I have another one at Berger. How much do you want you spend I said 3.8m even if its 011 or 012 its ok.

She said fine. Start heading for mile two. When you get there call ife 07039281760 he is my boy and he waiting for you at the office. I called. He told me to drop at UBA in Berger that he will pick me up. When I got to UBA i dropped called and he came. Then i followed him to see the car his madam said i should come and buy.

I saw the Camry it was super neat. I sent it to my client. He loved it. He just called said I should go ahead and buy it for him. I said okay.

Actually the car cost due to its grade is around 5.5million. But the person the phone who led me here the supposed madam of ife assured me not to worry that the car belongs to her and her husband and she has spoken with her husband that I can make payment to her and she will sort it out.

Meanwhile she already told the people there whom are the owners of the cars that I am just a mechanic that I came to help her confirm car and that she is the one pay. That they should let me test drive the car.

Glad you werent scammed, and i apologise if i might sound too forward, i have the camry 2011 tokunbo for sale. Its at surulere, you are meeting the owner direct , no long thing no gimmicks, after test run if you are satisfied you pay the owner directly, amount is 3,650000 .. if you stil need it let me know then we exchange contacts.. note its a personal sale not an agent sale..you are buying directly from the owner..
More blessings

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Okuda(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

She will be apprehended

you sef, you know how much the car worth but you wqnted to quickly jump on a cheaper offer?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by lekki1444: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

For what exactly? Attempted fraud? I am not supporting her , but I don't see your case going any where. You dodged a bullet, move on.
gazzuzz , oyel no dey your head at all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2021
driving:

No wonder you are picking N50 on the ground. grin
E better pass fraud.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by lekki1444: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2021
syntekelite:

Glad you werent scammed, and i apologise if i might sound too forward, i have the camry 2011 tokunbo for sale. Its at surulere, you are meeting the owner direct , no long thing no gimmicks, after test run if you are satisfied you pay the owner directly, amount is 3,650000 .. if you stil need it let me know then we exchange contacts.. note its a personal sale not an agent sale..you are buying directly from the owner..
More blessings
this man dey find valentine day money. drop your NIN first before i buy the car. drop your NIN for next post you make in this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by kingxsamz(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2021
Virgohills:

Where would I have started from sir.

You're very lucky. Tbh.
It's stuff like this that makes one commit suicide.
How on earth would you even begin to explain to your client?
You're very lucky bro, I'm happy for you.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by Lomprico2: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2021
zuraking:
You are smart and God was by your side.

Anyone can fall for that tactics if not very careful. Our Nigeria system is so bad that you cant trace someone through their account number despite having bvn.

smart keh! he was lucky.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise by AdemolaA2: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2021
DWJOBScom:

The car was released to who

To the guy that brought the car to me for inspection . He showed the police his own advert where he posted the car for 1.5 or 1.6M naira On Jiji . He said the Chidinma also contacted him through Jiji that she got a client for his car and apparently , she used both of us . He showed the police their chat history and all and the police believed him .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Need A Totoya Camry 2000/01 Xle or Avalon 2000/01 XLS / ****WOOOWW!!!! SUPER DUPA HOT CAR DEALS********� / IVM Expansion: Igwe Nnewi Endorses Plan, Blesses New Location(photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.